PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
GearsFan4Life

lord of da sith's Gamercard
5* Caught in a Mosh

This is probably the hardest song in the game for every instrument. And i was wondering if anyone has any helpful ideas for how to 5* Caught in a Mosh on Expert so i can get the Rock Band Immortal Achievement. I am decent at all instruments on Expert but I am by far the worst at Vocals. And I already counted Drums out of the question. I can only 4* the song on Expert Guitar and Bass. I just cant seem to get the strumming pattern down and I am using the RB2 Fender Guitar.

Any help would be appreciated!

advertising
GearsFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
spockroxfaces

spockroxfaces's Gamercard
i down strummed the whole thing and didnt have an issue. the only things i can recommend are trying to alter your od usage and practicing down strumming and alt-strumming. good luck
spockroxfaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
Tee!

TeeOwnzU's Gamercard
I didn't find the Bass part to be nearly as challenging as the Guitar part, 5 starred it on a sightread and probably couldn't get anywhere near that for the other instruments without a lot of practice.

In short, Bass is going to be your closest shot to getting it.

However, if that seems to far out of the question, I just watched the drum part on Youtube and it really doesn't look too bad minus a few choke-points, which isn't an issue here because you aren't going for an FC. The patterns for the song are generally pretty basic, just at a much higher BPM than you're used to. With a practice what currently seems impossible WILL get easier but it's not gonna be a walk in the park =/

Last edited by Tee!; 11-03-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Tee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #4
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I actually found it really easy on vocals. I guess since I had already sung it before in Smash Hits and knew how it went. If you're really that worried, I would practice on vocals because it requires (for me at least) by far the least effort.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
RealistIdealist

RealistIdealist's Gamercard
singing is the way to go, most of it is just talkie parts.

RealistIdealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #6
theshieguy

theshieguy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucent Beam View Post
I actually found it really easy on vocals. I guess since I had already sung it before in Smash Hits and knew how it went. If you're really that worried, I would practice on vocals because it requires (for me at least) by far the least effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealistIdealist View Post
singing is the way to go, most of it is just talkie parts.
What they said. And here's even better advice:

Skip practicing the song and just sing it with on No-fail mode turned on. It is a VERY easy song to sing. I FC'd it on a sightread without even trying and I don't even know the song THAT well. Play it as many times as you need to.

Gears of War 1--Can't Touch Me + Seriously

100% Completion (16): 11 Retail--Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Karaoke Revolution: American Idol, Fight Night Round 3, Halo 3:ODST, Halo Reach, Rock Band 1, Guitar Hero 5, Fuzion Frenzy 2, Alan Wake, Band Hero

5 Arcade--Dash of Destruction, Rock Band Track Pack: AC/DC Live, South Park:Let's Go Tower Defense Play, Rock Band: Metal Track Pack, Rock Band: Track Pack 2
theshieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
BadAssNipples

Send a message via Skype™ to BadAssNipples

Nipp x3h's Gamercard
I just 5* the song on vocals on my first try and I had only heard the song once before when I tried to play it on drums. The talkie parts will win it for you, just learn a couple of the vocal parts and use your overdrive wisely and you'll get it.
BadAssNipples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:53 AM   #8
Spade422

Spade422's Gamercard
hardest song for all instruments my left nut.

its so easy on vocals its not even funny

but besides vocals i recommend guitar

Best Vocalist Accomplishments: Cherry Bomb FC, Doin' That Rag FC 4th Try and Performance Mode FC, Fat Kid FC 7th Try.

- First person to have a blue icon (1000/1000) in Beatles Rock Band with a FGFC on vocals (as well as highest career score.)

Working on: GDRB FGFC (as well as 1000/1000).

Member of Team Yellow Brick Tango
Spade422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:47 AM   #9
Doominatorx6

Doominatorx6's Gamercard
I 5*ed it on my guitar sightread. Its piss easy if you've ever played it in Smash Hits, the RB3 chart is way, WAY easier (except many of the notes ARENT hammer ons this time). I have yet to do less than a 5* on my expert songs played so far.

Vocals in it were mostly talky in SH, maybe they are here as well...

1st in the world to finish Monster Madness
2nd in the world to finish Rock of the Dead

Boogers
Doominatorx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:06 AM   #10
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Expert Vocals. Even for someone like me who is completely tone-deaf, I managed it on my second try. I sang twice before today.

The only thing I have left is Llama, any tips? I'm trying bass, on expert right now, and honestly, I got 4.95 stars, but can't manage to get up there again...
Old 11-04-2010, 05:12 AM   #11
RealistIdealist

RealistIdealist's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Expert Vocals. Even for someone like me who is completely tone-deaf, I managed it on my second try. I sang twice before today.

The only thing I have left is Llama, any tips? I'm trying bass, on expert right now, and honestly, I got 4.95 stars, but can't manage to get up there again...
Also a very easy song to do on vocals. Don't let the fast words intimidate you. I got 100% the first time I tried it (I had practiced for a bit though).

RealistIdealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #12
Panda

Send a message via Skype™ to Panda

Arctica Flames's Gamercard
I 5*ed Llama. I didn't think there was a harder song in the game. I'll try Mosh in a sec and reply with what I find o.o.

Panda360x - Retired Gamertag at 133761G.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote