PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Black Ops Theatre Thread

In CoD: BO you can now record any online match you play, edit it, save it and pass it on + take screenshots.

So please use this thread to post your Theatre stuff and share them among the community. Simply post the video or screen here to share it!

Please put a short description of what you're Sharing, so that we all know in advance if we want to Download it or not!

I dont want this place to be turned into a YouTube montage thread. We are not looking for 10min long videos of sniping etc. If you get a good killstreak then fine, but this is for mainly short clips of awesome kills, short killstreaks, funny clips etc as well as screenshots, not montages! If any of it is posted just so you can get subscribers or what not a Mod will be asked to take the post down.

How to upload your Screenshots & Video's:
  • Go to the Theatre
  • Select Recent Games and Play your chosen clip
  • Make your recording or take your screenshot. Save it into a slot and add any other details.
  • When back into the menu and you've have saved everything, load the saved file up & click Render Clip. May take a few minutes but this is uploading it to your callofduty.com profile. Please take note to Render and clip it needs to be 30seconds or less!
  • This may take a few hours but log into your account, go to Theatre Beta and you'll see your clips.
  • Select one to load it up, click on the YouTube Link to then go to YouTube site and your clip. Then copy and paste the http link here.
Thanks and happy sharing!

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 12-13-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
iBlessing 09
Banned User

Rare Name's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Last edited by iBlessing 09; 01-05-2011 at 09:18 PM.
iBlessing 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
i saw this thread coming. great since there is an achievement tied to it.
guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard
Do you think you'll be able to upload theatre clips directly to youtube?

Frasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
rickyfeeney

URINATING TIGER's Gamercard
i hope i will actually be able to upload my videos in cod. halo wont let me becuase urinating tiger is seen as an offensive name by halo but not by xbox live. wtf. anyway if i can upload i will. Its a good idea to have one thread so the forum doesnt get spammed with peoples videos.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
MC Kazoo

MC Kazoo's Gamercard
well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasr View Post
I heard that you can upload videos to a site directly from the game, but I think it was Treyarchs community site. And from that site, you can send it to where ever. Don't quote me, i'm searching for the post right now. Anyone with the game online can confirm?

Looking for Otaku friends on XBL!
-_-R.I.P. mygamercard.net 2005-2011-_-

3DS FC: 0130-1836-9252
MC Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
I'm don't know the full spec of it yet but I think it'll be like Bungie where you can either share it among friends etc and post it up on Tryearchs site to your profile for download.

When the games released I was going to edit the main post anyways with what you can do. So it'll be like Reach hopefully. Unless anyone who's actually played the game already can clear it up for use this that'll be grand

TBH you can post your youtube stuff here but this isnt a promoting site! I'd say no montages but in all fairness, people will post there clips they've save which might be montages of a good game depending on how advanced the editing features are in the game. But I don't want this become a youtube site fully of sniper vids etc, so I'll make that clear now lol

Its for Theatre stuff which is in game so mainy for awesome kills, killing spress, funny shit etc. Not 10min long montages, but I cant stop them all.. But a Mod can!

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 11-10-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #8
stronglikepepsi

StrongLikePepsi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Anyone know how long your games stay out there?? Let's say I do really good in a match and there's some things I want to record/save. Do I have to exit out of the lobby and do it then or can I keep playing a bunch of games and then go back at the end of the night and find it?
stronglikepepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:01 AM   #9
tigersrule
Community & Events Team

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Platinum   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   Staff - Community and Events Team   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
OK, I'm making this a few days early but there's videos out around places and its only a coulpe days before the game is released. So its best to be safe then sorry before any spam begins!
"couple" Sorry, I had to do it.

OT: This will really help stop new video threads from popping up every day.

^Click my Sig to learn more!^

Special thanks to Rajeanero for making the VGO images!
tigersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:52 AM   #10
DFizzle720

DFizzle720's Gamercard
Looking forward to finally seeing what the theatre actually looks like and how it works. This is a feature that could really be a value add to the game if they do it right.

Lets be sure to keep this thread on the first page and direct the hundreds of "dudz chek out mi vidz" posts here.
DFizzle720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:25 AM   #11
Frozenghost001

Frozenghost001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Kazoo View Post
I heard that you can upload videos to a site directly from the game, but I think it was Treyarchs community site. And from that site, you can send it to where ever. Don't quote me, i'm searching for the post right now. Anyone with the game online can confirm?
nahh i wish i can confirm this, but its in the xbox live menu which is unaccessable at this moment (along with combat training and, obviously, all online games.)
Frozenghost001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #12
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersrule View Post
"couple" Sorry, I had to do it.

OT: This will really help stop new video threads from popping up every day.
I know. I type to fast and dont always have time to check lol

Old 11-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #13
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

I'm just bumping this until I get confirmation from a mod that it can be stuck!

Old 11-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #14
thereefernander

thereefernander's Gamercard

I picked up something from my "Can't shoot" montage, where I fail time and time again at shooting and killing, and can seem to only Tomahawk people. 5 in a row (non-consecutive). One of the kills was labeled "Bank Shot" which I figured was when it bounces and hits them. But I couldn't figure out what happened to make it a bank shot! Check out the video "BANK sho..?" if you have the time, I really want you to see. I nailed it down. The Tomahawk PASSED the guy in between his legs and hit the ground right behind him. Instantly upon hitting the ground it magically appeared in his Knee. Very confusing.

thereefernander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:06 PM   #15
optics

I played a game of Wager: One in the Chamber on Cracked. It came down to me and 2 other guys. The game ended up being a draw for myself and another guy, but for like 7 or so minutes it was just us 3. I f*ckin ran around the whole map for 4 minutes, and when I couldn't find them, I knew they were hiding. I kept searching anyways, but for the last minute, I decided to hide as well. I decided to check where these 2 guys were at on Theatre Mode. Sh*t was so funny, 1 guy was up on the 3rd level, he kept looking around, checking doorways, and as soon as he turned around the other player walked right by the door and camped. Then in the last 2 minutes, I ended up right below the guy on the 3rd level. Then another moment where he missed by a split second.... Then it happened for a third and final time. For that last minute, all 3 of us where pretty much right next to each other. Its not funny explaining it, it has to be seen.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #16
MulletiaMan

Send a message via MSN to MulletiaMan

MulletiaMan's Gamercard
I have one on my fileshare (twice) called Jungle_CG_RCwin, basically me getting a Chopper Gunner/ RC-XD from a Hardline Pro Care Package / SAM Turret, get something like 20 kills on Chopper Gunner (getting a Spy Plane in the process), and then getting double kill which turns out to be a game-winning kill too. Shame it was only two, there were four there :c

Anyone able to record it onto a computer and email me the video file so I can upload to youtube? Because Treyarch only upload the segments if they are thirty seconds long, so >.>

And i'd like a video for people to hurl abuse at because of Hardline Pro being 'hacked' ;D

My other is me testing out the function and doing reasonably well with a Grim Reaper, with Attack Dogs up.

I'll be checking the fileshares of people who've posted, by the way :P

I have STEAM. If you want it-- inbox me. No gold on Live, sorry.
MulletiaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #17
Coxy x360a

Coxymus Prime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasr View Post
I'd expect a feature like Bungie Pro, for Halo.
A completely cracked HTC Mozart (Win P 7)!
A brand spanking new Sony VAIO (Win 8)!

"One hundred percented" games (including DLC): 13
Coxy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #18
stronglikepepsi

StrongLikePepsi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Something about this just makes me laugh every single time I come running around the corner...

stronglikepepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #19
MADasaHatter

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

You f@#% bastard, Nozza x360a.
I was planning to make a thread like this lol

Well, here's the info I've found on the vid share.
  • If you have a game that you want to share, do it right away and don't wait several games before going to edit it. Yes the game sometimes erases a played game (even if it's right after you've played it) and yes it doesn't stay on your played games list for a while. Just cover your ass and go to edit it.
  • I went to render my clip of 18 sec, I had to link my xbox account with the call of duty site and then my youtube account to my call of duty site. All was done pretty easily, though I did get 1 small error message.
  • When I rendered my clip, the progress was slow the first time, even for 18 secs. It took close to 10 minutes and kept jumping from 1hr to 20min and then back to 10min. This upload said it worked but didn't.
  • The second time I tried, the timer and progress did not appear and it was just telling me that it was working. This was a lie. I wasted 20 min on nothing.
  • The third time I tried, basically the next day, it took 7 minutes to render and only 5 minutes to show up on my COD site profile. The site automatically sends it to your youtube account.

And when alls said and done, here is the clip.

The gang's all here.

MADasaHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #20
StillTIPPIN187

The Sobriety's Gamercard

So retarded.. i wanna use theater to upload my 30-4 matches. But nooo apparently it doesn't work (my full game clips dont show up in theater.. and you guys can get 30 secs to work) for clips longer than 30 seconds.. Cmon!

Ill just buy a cap card i guess.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:40 PM   #21
ONI recon 111

Oni Recon 111's Gamercard
Why do i have to be one of the people who is having problems with Theater?

I have a bunch of triple's, crossbow triples+doubles, and what would have been a quad if it hadn't been a game winning kill, and none of them upload after rendering despite being under 30 seconds long, and having my GT fully connected with the call of duty website.
TES IV Oblivion, Fable II, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Lego Star Wars TCS, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty World at War, Modern Warfare 2, Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood, The Saboteur, Star Wars TFU, Civilisation Revolution, Dash of Destruction, Dead Rising Case Zero, Halo Reach (w/o DLC), Metro 2033, Mass Effect 2 (w/o DLC), Call of Duty Classic, Mass Effect

Working on-
The Orange Box, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Call of Duty Black Ops, Medal of Honor
ONI recon 111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #22
MADasaHatter

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

It's the website, not anything you're doing. Just keep trying or just wait for a patch.

The gang's all here.

MADasaHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #23
iBlessing 09
Banned User

Rare Name's Gamercard

Well, I uploaded this accidently and whenever I delete it it just reuploads to my Youtube account so I might aswell put it on here.

iBlessing 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:53 AM   #24
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I have a great video of a horrible spawn kill as the winning kill and I can't figure out how to upload it to the site.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #25
thereefernander

Processing a epic longshot pistol headshot, until then check out this headshot!

Old 11-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #26
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronglikepepsi View Post
Anyone know how long your games stay out there?? Let's say I do really good in a match and there's some things I want to record/save. Do I have to exit out of the lobby and do it then or can I keep playing a bunch of games and then go back at the end of the night and find it?
I believe its 7 days or 100 matches, but going back more than 20 matches or so i can never seem to get them to download (starts then decides it cant connect to the server) so i would say its best to do it asap.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:56 AM   #27
Tounge73

Tongue73's Gamercard
Tounge73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #28
thereefernander

I wrecked some guy on Grid with my pistol.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #29
ChizCafe

DrChiz's Gamercard
Well the problem with the theater is it doesnt always save all your clips and if the host drops or migrates then your clip is just gone, you wont have that game anymore and some glitches will remove and lose even clips you saved from your fileshare. So as a YouTube commentator and video maker I just keep using my capture card but I figured I would show you guys this series of beast/funny/cool clips I got all in my first 5 hours of playing Black Ops after the midnight release. Hope you guys enjoy, I think the last clip is my fav

ChizCafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #30
Douy75

Send a message via MSN to Douy75

douy75's Gamercard
Was my first game trying out the ballistic knife and I thought this was a pretty decent kill with it. Lucky-ish, but decent.

My Youtube channel
Douy75 is offline   Reply With Quote