PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Fighters Uncaged
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Yusuke620

Yusuke620's Gamercard
Anyone else having problems

In many ways this game is unplayable. From the awkward moves to the way you have to stand in order to play and don't forget the non existent on screen instructions.

I have been in Martial Arts for close to 22 years, so maybe its just me that has problems with this game. I have to do moves that don't feel natural to me and maybe that's the problem. I understand that i have to stand facing the Kinect sensor but thats where most of the awkwardness come from.

Let me know if anyone else feels similar to the way i do.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
Nck90

Nck90's Gamercard
might be just you.. I'm not having problems with it .. but I'm no martials arts person either I'm just it tells me to do this.. I do it .. .. might wanna try to recalibrate the Kinect in really good light that actually helped me out with all the games.
Nck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-04-fighters-uncaged-review

Sounds awful...
Old 11-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
Pole

Pole04's Gamercard
I have to agree with the OP, coming from a martial arts background myself, having to use a square stance with the TV is inconvenient to say the least. It just kind of goes against my nature.

Other than that though, the controls seem to work fine even though I am a bit close to the TV. The most annoying part for me is getting too close and the game waiting for you to move away from the sensor. Not sure if it’s just this game or all of them. I have only had time to try out Fighters Uncaged.
Pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
TGRico72

TG Rico72's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-04-fighters-uncaged-review

Sounds awful...
Funny review! I'm glad I didn't buy this one but want to give it a rent to try.
TGRico72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
SOTG Ace

o masta ace o's Gamercard
Yeah I read that review too. Now that I own the game, I'm not sure the reviewer actually played this game. Maybe he was trying to use a standard 360 game with the kinect so it didn't work. It's a great game, rent it, you will agree!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
loginius

loginius69's Gamercard
Talking

Great game.

For me the only problems I see:

1- Cant do more than 2 fights without resting for 30 minutes LOL (too old probably)

2- Some moves come easier done on the left side that the right side ... but I guess my body will get use to it.

In a way, I am happy I dont know martial art, I cant compare to real life fight.

In short, good exercise for me, better than sitting on a couch with a controller... Hopefully after a few weeks, I will be back in shape, and be able to play more ...
loginius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
RichXbox360
Banned User

RICHYALLEN's Gamercard
I have 20 years off on-off Karate experience in various styles including Shukokai/Shotokan and Shit0-Ryu, and I can't even complete the tutorial on this game!

Last edited by RichXbox360; 12-01-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling
RichXbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
CIREX

C1REX's Gamercard
This is a game, not martial-arts simulation.
I used to practice karate kyokushin and had some trouble at the beginning to understand the game. After some time it actually very easy to do every move in the game.

The only problem I have is to trigger some combos.
CIREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #10
TopNotched

Master Morphius's Gamercard
If your jumping around and/or performing moves that weren't programed to be recognized your going to fail.

1) LEARN THE MOVES
2) Keep your feet stationary and side by side (not together).
3) Learn your opponents
4) Start doing sit ups (this game is 80% abs) Its all about blocking.

If your still having problems then its probably your sensor, your clothing, lighting, or possibly your position. The game really rocks, and once you learn and prime the "Controller" you'll start kicking some major a**.

Make sure you can perform all your moves in the lessons, if you cant execute your moves in the lessons section, there is no way your going to do it in the fight.

People who gave this game a bad review either a) never played the game b) didn't read the on screen instructions and/or manual c) weren't being tracked properly.

Fighters Uncaged ROCKS! Seriously guys, if your afraid of a good work out, don't buy it. But if your up for a real challenge, buy the game.

Out of all the Kinect games I have played, this game locks onto the player the most, meaning if you have friends over, either use the "switch player" option on the main screen or make sure they walk away from the kinects view (completely)!

Currently Ranked #10 on the Leaderboard!
TopNotched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:29 AM   #11
boonyow

boonyow's Gamercard
i don't think this game is quite as bad as the reviews say it is. there are some issues with tracking, especially the advanced moves but the basic moves track pretty well. The game is a bit slow and repetitive and i don't really like how you have to stand with you feet square to the TV.

this game definitely needs work but not too bad for a first-gen kinect game.
boonyow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:05 PM   #12
King Shaneo

king shaneo's Gamercard
I think this game is shit, it headbutts when I dodge, the kicks are random and usually do knees. In training I can do every move 1st time but not in a fight. It's pretty random if the computer wants to beat u there is nothing u can do. I train MMA and this game makes me want to rip the telly off the wall and stamp on my xbox I wish I'd never bought it. Before anyone says it's my settings trust me it's not I have tuned and setup a million times and I have no problem with other kinect games they work perfectly.
King Shaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:03 AM   #13
boonyow

boonyow's Gamercard
yeah the more i play the more i see how the tracking is off more than i thought. i get a lot of headbutt attempts now when i'm just trying to dodge...i'm guessing that's because the movements are simliar and i'm coming back forward to quick.

at first it wasn't that bad, but as you progress and you have to respond quicker to the fighter the moves are more off...good thing i just rented this...needless to say it will be going back to blockbuster tomorrow.
boonyow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #14
King Shaneo

king shaneo's Gamercard
I finally got to open league, got lucky a few times. Found playing at night with the light on full had the best tracking. i think open league seems easier then the last league, now onto 20 wins each.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #15
King Shaneo

king shaneo's Gamercard
Anybody else have trouble with fag face (Angel Face) ? What a joke I can beat everyone else everytime but this transvestite piece of s**t drives me nuts, u don't get chance sometimes to block and sometimes he hits through my block with straight jabs. A minute ago he swept me and u can't block an attack as u get up, one kick from nearly full energy to nearly nothing. I HATE THIS GUY SO MUCH.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #16
freeleeday

Send a message via AIM to freeleeday

freeleeday's Gamercard
So i'm glad I didn't follow the reviews or opinions of early adopters. This game is awesome. Great workout and if you can read the manual, follow the on screen prompts, and move in a direct fashion instead of flailing around like a doofus, you'll do fine. The achievements are surprisingly easy. If you do come from a martial arts background, don't be looking for gold. It's limited as a Kinect Launch title. Still worth a go. B+ Effort.

freeleeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #17
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The problems i have with this game is its more or less based on a punch out settings. Meaning you HAVE to play as they want you to play, you can't be original or inspired...

I get that the kinect can't recognize a jumping kick or a butterfly kick, but if only normal moves would work fine...

First the guard...i keep my hand near my head and STILL get punch in the face. Only dodging works.... and still half the time the game make me do an headbutt... Not to mention some motion is truly off, as the character kinda "charge" his punch, so you dodge, but too quick so you keep on trying to redodge instead of simply being able to stand backward...

The blocking with the legs work if you do them real kick, but there is so much imput delay... often my knee was up yet the guy kicked me... The knee and legs kicks(yours) work really randomly...

But again to get back on the main problem, no matter if you vary your hits, the computer will dodge and block everything as long as you don't attack when it wants you to attack... So no matter how fast you are, how diversified... its not working...

Also, you CAN'T MOVE, thats my biggest problem with this game. If you could move backward, charge the opponent when he walk back, do a superman punch, but no, all you can do is stand still. And sometimes my character move backward to do a dodge of a kick, yet i can't move him forward... the computer eventually get back into place thats it...

Couple days ago i got the game back(rented it back in the days) and everything worked fine... yet today took me 5 tries to finally beat the first character... Its just like he didn't wanted to be beaten... I lost at some part nearly a quarter of my life in a punch... but my superstrikes hardly do much damage to him...

And finally, another problem i noticed, sometimes the computer will hit you no matter you do, or try. For exemple you dodge, you counter attack, so therefore should be rewarded, yet the computer will give me an insta-hit right after my counter attack... wich is impossible to block or dodge...

In any case yes i do sometimes have fun with this game, and when it want to work its actually very decent, but on other ocasion its just a mess... so i can understand how it got shitty reviews.

And you could blame the kinect, that the thecnology is not ready or whatever... but why then the freaking dance games work fine, when the sensor has to keep track of your whole body.

The sad part is the star wars game, the dance of works super fine, yet much simplier parts of the game like the racing do not respond properly...

So personally im thinking of time and effort are put into kinect games, it could be really awesome, but seem like a lot of other games, its a lack of effort/budget or something...

Personally i have UFC trainer, Fighters Uncaged, Game Party in Motion, Kinect Adventures(never tried, came with the kinect) and Rise of Nightmare on kinect.

UFC respond usually pretty nicely, i just think the game is dull by itself. Punching the bag can be fun 2 mins, hittin the mits is fine, but the exercise bores me as i spend half the time in freaking stretching... But overall it work pretty fine. I would need to get a mat for the ground exercise tough as no way im laying on my basement floor...

Rise of Nightmare i still have to try it, but looks cool...

Game party works fine for some games, terrible for others, but i guess it work for what it is.. just some mini games fun.

So overall am i disapointed by my purchase of kinect? Yes and no, i did had fun with it so far but the price is kinda high for that. Im not getting a kinect for xbox one on the other hand for sure, unless i know for sure it works super great... Ill get the package without kinect...

I think the thecnology can be improved...

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote