PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Adrenalin Misfits
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
RonaldReznick

RonaldReznick's Gamercard
Anyone Grab This Yet?

I've read the reviews for this, and they haven't been all that great. That said, most reviewers don't seem to have any clue on how to play certain games, as is evidenced by the Fighters Uncaged reviews. (The game's gotten some pretty positive word of mouth, in spite of terrible reviews.)

So anyone tried it? Is it worth a rent, at the very least? During E3 some sites were hyping it, but the final build has been widely panned. Normally I trust review sites, but it seems that almost every motion-controlled title gets a bad rep from the pro's and a high score from the average joe...or casual gamer set, I guess.

Feedback? Anyone?
RonaldReznick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
Jordbrett

jordbrett84's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I grabbed it but honestly haven't gotten to it yet. My friend got it and he said it surprisingly fun. I can't understand a lot of the bad kinect reviews. I'll post back as soon as I play it.

Jordbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
RonaldReznick

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with the reviews for Kinect games either. Seems like people are just rolling their eyes and blowing off anything with motion controls to me. Gotta wonder if they're playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.

Anyway, let us know what you think. I'm curious, but with no demo out, I'm not willing to lay down the cash until I hear what actual players have to say about it.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #4
Jordbrett

jordbrett84's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldReznick View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with the reviews for Kinect games either. Seems like people are just rolling their eyes and blowing off anything with motion controls to me. Gotta wonder if they're playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.

Anyway, let us know what you think. I'm curious, but with no demo out, I'm not willing to lay down the cash until I hear what actual players have to say about it.
Ok, so I have only played through the training levels so far but here are some thoughts.

Achievements: Holy CRAP! Super easy or at least the first 300 are. You get those+ more for just doing training.

Accuracy: You can play with the characters or your avatar and it does what it's supposed to. Turns seem fluid and accurate and jumps are fun and there are grabs and spins.

Menu Navigation: This game does it better than any other game I have tried so far. Instead of the normal hold your hand over a button it's gestures like two arms out for back or one arm up for yes or right arm for right and left arm for left. Menu navigation is super easy.

I'm about to get into the actual levels now but so far it seems pretty fun. I'll update this later. So far I would have to say it at the very least works.

Edit: Played a few levels after finishing training you unlock (no joke) about 8 new modes. From racing to jumping to mini games. Overall I would say pick it up or rent it. There are tons of things to unlock and tons of boards and characters. So assuming it stays similar to what I have been playing then it's good.

Last edited by Jordbrett; 11-07-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:46 AM   #5
RonaldReznick

Appreciated. It sounds like it should be good for a few hours. My kids would probably love it, that's for sure.

Cheers for the info. Really appreciate the in-depth insight. Definitely going to put this on the list of games to get over the holidays.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:21 AM   #6
Jordbrett

jordbrett84's Gamercard

Actually right now (until Saturday) amazon is doing a buy one get one half off on all kinect games. Also it probably takes 2-5 hours tops to 1000.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:55 AM   #7
RonaldReznick

You're a rockstar, dude. That's awesome. Thanks again.