Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
NewVegasCurse

Bobblehead Jay's Gamercard
lock picking

Pretty new to these kind of RPGs and haven't gotten very far into this game yet but I'm having trouble with the lock picking aspect of this game, I just am not really sure how to do it right, I break all my pins that I have even on the easy locks, is there a tutorial in the game to show me how to do it or on here?

NewVegasCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
Lordvader178

The Green Robin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Basically, just move the lockpick around and then turn the lock. Don't push it too hard though. If the lock barely moves, put the lockpick on the other side. Then turn the lock again ad see how far it reaches. You have to make te lock go horizontal to unlock. You don't wanna push the lock too far or else the lockpick will break. Just push it until you hear a click. If it isnt fully horizontal but its nearing it, then you are almost there. Basically the more the lock is horizontal when you pus it, the closer the lockpick is to the sweet spot.

I knw its very confusing but its not that hard, you can get through the game using 1 lockpick if you learn how to do it.
Lordvader178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
Voytek

xTMx Voytek's Gamercard
Move the bobby pin to one side and slowly move the screwdriver until it starts clicking/shaking. If the side you chose clicks right when you twist the screwdriver, chances are it's the wrong side, so move your bobby pin back to the other side of the lock. As soon as it starts clicking, stop moving the screwdriver!! Adjust the bobby pin so the lock turns more because the more it turns, the closer you are to unlocking it. Just lightly move the bobby pin in the right direction until the lock can open.

That video may help!

Hope we helped.
Voytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:25 AM   #4
NewVegasCurse

Bobblehead Jay's Gamercard
That video definitely helped, thanks guys

NewVegasCurse is offline   Reply With Quote