PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Kinect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   2,500 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   GSL 9 MVP   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Kinect and Vision Cameras?

Ever since the announcement of Kinect, I've always wondered about the Xbox Live Vision Camera, and what would happen with it. More specifically, I've wondered if Kinect would be backwards-compatible with games that had Vision Camera features. Something like getting your face into R6V, or Tiger Woods.

So, does anyone know for sure?

Asian47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
Braiiins

Braiiins's Gamercard
I saw some posts on the xbox forums saying that there was an announcement that it won't be compatible. I went to download Totemball yesterday to test it out, but it wasn't available on the marketplace.

In the settings on the console there's an option to have it turn kinect on at start up or the vision camera or something like that, so from that I get that it isn't compatible.
Windows Phone: 68
Braiiins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
MangledRex

MangledRex's Gamercard
At the moment kinect doesn't work instead of the vision cam in games like totemball or you're in the movies

MangledRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:24 AM   #4
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreak47 View Post
Ever since the announcement of Kinect, I've always wondered about the Xbox Live Vision Camera, and what would happen with it. More specifically, I've wondered if Kinect would be backwards-compatible with games that had Vision Camera features. Something like getting your face into R6V, or Tiger Woods.

So, does anyone know for sure?
I think Kinect is a completely different beast and will not be backwards compatible. I know Def Jam is going to have a title update to have Kinect compatibility though, and other devs could choose to do the same (but we won't hold our breath).

Going forward though, we should see far better applications for the face-scan in Tiger Woods and whatnot. What's interesting though is that someone said while having the Kinect plugged in they could voice chat with others in Red Dead Redemption (and presumably any other game)

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:01 AM   #5
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
Going forward though, we should see far better applications for the face-scan in Tiger Woods and whatnot. What's interesting though is that someone said while having the Kinect plugged in they could voice chat with others in Red Dead Redemption (and presumably any other game)
I can confirm that Kinect works for all voice chat online. Anything that uses a microphone it can actually replace (even voice messages). I used it at first, but after a while I'm noticing that its not that great for voice chat. The lack of a mute button (you can mute through the menus, but that takes a too long if you're online) and the fact that everyone's voices comes through your tv speakers instead of a headset makes it a bit too messy for my tastes. Other than voice chat though, this can be quite useful in a few games. One that I just tried is rockband. If you happen to be wanting to do the multiplayer (guitar, singing combo) by yourself but you lack a micstand then kinect seems to work just fine. Only potential issue with this is that body/location tracking is disabled and it seems to take any generic voice/noise in non-kinect games so it seems that other people could easily mess you up.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
Binaryjam

DraganstOne's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braiiins View Post
I saw some posts on the xbox forums saying that there was an announcement that it won't be compatible. I went to download Totemball yesterday to test it out, but it wasn't available on the marketplace.

In the settings on the console there's an option to have it turn kinect on at start up or the vision camera or something like that, so from that I get that it isn't compatible.
That's a shame i can't see why it's the case the than money
Binaryjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
Kaktus Fuz

Kaktus Fuz's Gamercard
aww, that's too bad. I was hoping it would be compatible with the camera games
Kaktus Fuz is offline   Reply With Quote