PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #31
UkBull3t

UkBull3t's Gamercard
has anyone had there pre-order(along with the poster) from play.com yet? The postman aint came yet but if i dont get today ill be a bit upset..

last year got mw2 2 days earlier
UkBull3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #32
UkBull3t

UkBull3t's Gamercard
just got my black ops from the postie thanks play.com
UkBull3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #33
leeingham

Lingham's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Thanks Treyarch for COMPLETELY killing sniping, except for total hardscoping...
Thank fuck! sniping is now what is it SUPPOSED to be!
leeingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #34
PackedOsprey

WTF is up with banning for boosting. I wonder what they consider a boosting offense.
PackedOsprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #35
StayonTarget
Angry Irishman

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Considering the game was released today, Treyarch didn't need to support it the last week because no one was supposed to get it. Wait to start bitching for another 2 weeks or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #36
TESTUBE BABY 82
Banned User

TESTUBE BABY 82's Gamercard
not really a problem but just keep spawning next eniemies which either he can get me first or i can get him first but would prefer to spawn away from them,not a big deal im sure there is other stuff that will be patched
TESTUBE BABY 82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #37
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Right, after playing just 2 games at a mate during my lunch break I already have a couple of problems but the main one is first!

Dive to prone.

I DESPISE the dive to prone. So many times I'll be running, some guy would be up high and I'll have a barrier in front of me. I'd then want to go to prone behind it to hide but no, my guy leaps over it and I die. Needs to go, or be a turn off button (which there may be)!

Oh and the graphics didn't seem as good as MW2, spawns on Nuketown were slighty annoying but its like shipment and you cant help that to a extent!
Old 11-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #38
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
Chapter 3 on Veteran in those stupid corridors. Infinite spawning enemies.
Blinding flash of white when you die. My eyes (wearing contacts) are streaming.

Feel sorry for those buggers with photosensitive epilepsy or whatever it is called.
sjmleicester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #39
UtahOSB

UtahOSB's Gamercard
My "official" bitch is the 100pt achievement "Black Ops Master" for completing the game on Hardened OR Veteran. WTF!!!! The Call of Duty franchise has always prided itself on making the Veteran difficulty the cream of the game and now they just shot that all to HELL. That was a MAJOR oversight IMHO.

Current Projects:
AC:Brotherhood; HL2-Orange Box; Tomb Raider:Anniversary; GOW1/2/3
Currently Playing: COD Black Ops 2; AC3
UtahOSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #40
Alktrio3
Banned User

TheGrannyGaper's Gamercard
quick scoping was stupid and cheap...i hope they fixed it...you dont see REAL snipers running around using it like a shotgun
Alktrio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #41
iBlessing 09
Banned User

Rare Name's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hey GAME I ordered this from you with express delivery that cost me more money, why hasn't it arrived on time?
iBlessing 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #42
Ripgore187

ffs they did it again

1. The Graphics lack detail animation jumpy the people look like wax works. seem almost cartoony in parts.

2. Multiplayer same as MW2 running in low res dosn,t run as smooth nothing new here bored already the credit system is a gimick.

3. Infinate respawns on Veteran bullets going through walls standard Treyarch fail not fun like the Vetreran mode on MW & MW 2.

4. Killstreaks dogs and Radio control cars >.< save that for the wii version.

With the huge amount of money from Activision and MW 2 game tech to build from the Treyarch team just proved there unable to produce a decent game. This is barey better than WAW. I cant belieave they didnt learn from there mistakes at least they ran out of grenades this time round. overall a huge step backwards in the series.

A Piss poor effort disapointing on every level for me.
Ripgore187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #43
PIRAGUE

PIRAGUE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Uhm, don't have the game yet. But would somebody PLEASE slap this guy in the face. Thanks.

YouTube - EPIC BLACK OPS REVIEW

Bitching 'bout the game will follow soon.
Wow....just....wow!

Is it just me who thinks this guy looks like one of the weasels from 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit'....?!

Retail:100%
CSI-Hard Evidence, Fallout 3 (1550), SM:Civilization Rev, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2,
Fight Night Rd.3, Lost:Via Domus, ES:Oblivion (1250), Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (1250), Aliens v Predator, Modern Warfare 2, Tomb Raider Underworld, OF: Dragon Rising, Dante's Inferno,
Tiger Wood PGA 11, Borderlands

Arcade:100%
Worms - 200/200, SWOS - 200/200, Afterburner Climax
PIRAGUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #44
FakeJamaican

modestmouse007's Gamercard
i entered a match with some guy who was level 1 with no gamertag... I exited out...but now Im registering 100 kills and deaths a match on top of what normally get...just in terms of stats...not XP
Old 11-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #45
iBlessing 09
Banned User

Rare Name's Gamercard

Turn your Xbox off then, obviously Viral and will go when you turn it off.
iBlessing 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #46
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeingham View Post
Thank fuck! sniping is now what is it SUPPOSED to be!

amen to that!

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #47
TroisdorfMonkey

TroisdorfMonkey's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahOSB View Post
My "official" bitch is the 100pt achievement "Black Ops Master" for completing the game on Hardened OR Veteran. WTF!!!! The Call of Duty franchise has always prided itself on making the Veteran difficulty the cream of the game and now they just shot that all to HELL. That was a MAJOR oversight IMHO.
Modern Warfare:
Deep and Hard 90 G
Complete the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty

Modern warfare 2:
The Price of War 90 G
Complete the single player campaign on Hardened or Veteran Difficulty.
TroisdorfMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #48
o D M C o

IVIr IVIeNsA's Gamercard
UtahOSB - It doesnt really matter that the 100pt chiev is for Hardened or veteran since there are achievements for completing groups of levels on just veteran, in short, if you cant complete veteran you cant get 1000g
o D M C o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #49
Infection Ftw

ROBBERT DHT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
You still need to complete on Veteran for all achievements.
Infection Ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #50
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

Your argument makes no sense. 0 points awarded.

161 completed games [Includes all DLC]

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer [God], Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #51
MikeinSC

DaMikeSC's Gamercard
I'm pissed because I misread the title and thought it said Carl of Duty. My inability to play as Reginald Johnson and to shoot Urkel is infuriating!

100% Retail --- 40

100% Arcade --- 17

Last edited by MikeinSC; 11-09-2010 at 06:23 PM.
MikeinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #52
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Every COD, with the exception of COD3 has had the exact same achievement. They award you that one for playig on Hardened but you need to play Veteren to get the rest.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #53
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Right, after playing just 2 games at a mate during my lunch break I already have a couple of problems but the main one is first!

Dive to prone.

I DESPISE the dive to prone. So many times I'll be running, some guy would be up high and I'll have a barrier in front of me. I'd then want to go to prone behind it to hide but no, my guy leaps over it and I die. Needs to go, or be a turn off button (which there may be)!

Oh and the graphics didn't seem as good as MW2, spawns on Nuketown were slighty annoying but its like shipment and you cant help that to a extent!
Totally agreed. OR I am running and plan to crouch but dive out around the corner and get nailed by everyone. This would be the thing I hate most.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #54
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

I cant get into a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #55
D0C RAY

D0C RAY's Gamercard
This seems like huge step back in the series. I really think COD would be better being biannually and having one developer.

Maybe I am being harsh basing it on the Halo series, but Reach is more polished, has a better lobby and menu system and has online co-op of the campaign. How can any game lack this now?

D0C RAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #56
Steelhead

SG Steelhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinSC View Post
I'm pissed because I misread the title and thought it said Carl of Duty. My inability to play as Reginald Johnson and to shoot Urkel is infuriating!

Fed-Ex finally dropped off my copy at home. Now all I have to do is finish up this miserable 12 hour shift..
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #57
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0C RAY View Post
This seems like huge step back in the series. I really think COD would be better being biannually and having one developer.

Maybe I am being harsh basing it on the Halo series, but Reach is more polished, has a better lobby and menu system and has online co-op of the campaign. How can any game lack this now?
I kinda of disagree and at the same time totally agree with you. First off the COD games are biannual. Both treyarchs and IWs games are made every two years. they are just staggered so they get released every year. From a gaming perspective i would love nothing more than to have IW do the core of the game, and then have Treyarch do the balancing, testing and support. Once that is complete then a public beta should be done. Unfortunately this will never happen due to simple economics. basically why pay twice the overhead (both companies) to bring in half the revenue (one of the games would be cut out).

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #58
spacin_mason

spacin mason's Gamercard
what i hate so far; m16, i could throw bullets harder than that thing shoots
2. SNIPING? that shit is awful, i have always had a spot in my heart for sniping and i cant hit shit even when im fully hardscoped breathe held and crosshairs on their heart or head and i still get only hit marks.
3. why did they have to change the names of perks? they could just keep them the same (not a huge deal but confusing)

uhm i think thats it.
sniping seriously blows though. and people are already PRO at camping

"Do what you love and fuck the rest"
spacin_mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #59
joshua777777

R3S1D3NT EVIL X's Gamercard
GRRRR, my knife dont work.

Its broke or blunt. Fucking thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
joshua777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #60
Broomey

Broomeyy's Gamercard
Infinity Ward FTW, although I do like the remote-controlled car :P
Broomey is offline   Reply With Quote