PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #61
Tinksmas

Send a message via MSN to Tinksmas

Tinksmas's Gamercard
I dont think this games exactly amazing my opinian graphics look worse then modern warefare 2 least online maps looks better detailed on that then black ops lol
Tinksmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #62
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
flamethrower takes too long to fire, and the lag is horrible...
lord verh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #63
optics

So they patched quickscoping... did it effect it on campaign as well? I'm not a quickscoper, but when I zoom, crosshairs on head or upper torso, shoot within half a second, and no headshot/hit.... wtf? its either that or bullets curve as they near the enemy.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #64
unholyro11er

Unholyro11er's Gamercard
Really enjoying multi-player love the fact there is no stopping power and controlling the helicopter, but still they insist on keeping grenade launchers??

unholyro11er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #65
ColtoN899

ColtoN899's Gamercard
I actually thought that Modern Warfare 2 MP were/was funnier.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #66
Snowwwwy

Snowwwwy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Frags are shit for me tbh. Anyone else feel the same? I just think they do shit all in the game.
Snowwwwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:48 PM   #67
InfiniteRefrain

InfiniteRefrain's Gamercard
Just ONCE I wish the enemy AI would not single me out! It will run past my AI partners and just shoot at me. Started on Hardened, and that might be part of it ..... but seriously??

SO:TLH drinking game, 'Kay? *slight spoilers*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielRoyLivall View Post
The rules are simple enough. Every time Lymle says 'Kay?', Drink. It's really the only way to get through the game with your sanity still intact. I swear I would happily kill off this child if I could. I wouldn't recommend straight shots though, 'kay?
InfiniteRefrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #68
DanceShinobiDance

DanceNobiDance's Gamercard
Treyarch is still garbage, even with the IW engine...they still find a way to churn out a shitty CoD.
DanceShinobiDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:11 AM   #69
MulletiaMan

Send a message via MSN to MulletiaMan

MulletiaMan's Gamercard
Floating apples. This game is fucking shit now, good job fixing it, Treyarch. Lrn2beta.

Anyway, honestly, just lag. My only problem with the game so far.

I have STEAM. If you want it-- inbox me. No gold on Live, sorry.
MulletiaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #70
Canadian Herov2

Pretty fun... But pretty much the same as mw2... Still rewards campers which sucks... Only thing I like so far is customization
Canadian Herov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:56 AM   #71
thx1120

THX 1120's Gamercard
im not bitching but it's alot better than medal of honor
thx1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:00 AM   #72
TheBarry

TheBarrY151's Gamercard
Let me start off by saying I am a HUGE CoD fan! First FPS I played competitively with was Call Of Duty. I joined a clan and everything... those were the days... no Treyarch... just original and competitive online multiplayer.

WTF HAPPENED!?

I had hoped that Treyarch would've learned their lesson with World at War, but alas they have not. This has got to be the most obvious slap-shit-together-to-make-a-quick-buck-MP-game ever! Part Modern Warfare, part Halo, part BF and part MoH.... wow this MP is just awful, I was hoping it would be a solid competitive online shooter, like MW or MW2, but it isn't.

Already kids are flopping around like fish while I'm shooting them and I'm getting spawn killed and camped out ALOT! It's so frustrating to see such a good franchise being tainted by such a lazy group of people.

F U TREYARCH!
Me-><-Treyarch

aaaahh.. I feel a tiny bit better now

EDIT; I forgot to mention the god awful knifing system and the shitty maps, this game is a step backwards from WaW

Last edited by TheBarry; 11-10-2010 at 01:13 AM.
TheBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:13 AM   #73
ZacAttack159357

AtR ZacAttack's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarry View Post
Let me start off by saying I am a HUGE CoD fan! First FPS I played competitively with was Call Of Duty. I joined a clan and everything... those were the days... no Treyarch... just original and competitive online multiplayer.

WTF HAPPENED!?

I had hoped that Treyarch would've learned their lesson with World at War, but alas they have not. This has got to be the most obvious slap-shit-together-to-make-a-quick-buck-MP-game ever! Part Modern Warfare, part Halo, part BF and part MoH.... wow this MP is just awful, I was hoping it would be a solid competitive online shooter, like MW or MW2, but it isn't.

Already kids are flopping around like fish while I'm shooting them and I'm getting spawn killed and camped out ALOT! It's so frustrating to see such a good franchise being tainted by such a lazy group of people.

F U TREYARCH!
Me-><-Treyarch

aaaahh.. I feel a tiny bit better now
mw2 solid competitive shooter.... ROFL i mean seriously campin that all mw2 was whoever gets to the campin spots win... oh no they got it b4 u now shoot across the map with a shotgun i dont have BO yet but it CANT be worse the mw2
30000 Gamerscore: A Knife to the Heart-50G (AC: Brotherhood)

GT: AtR ZacAttack
ZacAttack159357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:17 AM   #74
UtahOSB

UtahOSB's Gamercard
One more major bitch for me and couple of small ones. First - what the hell is the game doing with its spawn points?? This totally sucks. On more than one occasion in the first 24 hours I was in the process of killing an enemy and WATCHED one or two more spawn just behind the guy I was killing/killed. Of course I was instantly dead since the clip simply runs out before you can kill 3. But WTF on the spawn. More than once we would be trying to hold a building or an area and we are covering all the ways in and the game just decides to spawn a couple of the enemy just behind us all so they can murder us with great pleasure. AND if you can figure out where most the team is spawning you can have a great time. If they don't fix this ASAP it will be the last Treyarch produced CoD I ever buy. How can you be tactical with a team on headsets if the game just spawns them behind you all the time??

Minor gripes.
-Infinite spawning on Veteran is back?? Really?? Do you guys take notes from IW or just work from a status quo position??
-Sniping appears mostly dead. When a guy with an SMG can kill me from across the map WHILE I am sniping him with a "powerful" rifle then that is just stupid
-Like always the switch to the pistol is painfully slow in online play when compared to how fast you can do it in game play.
-Some maps are great looking and some look terrible compared to MW2. It is almost like they spent all their time working out the money system/wagers/customizations and told the artists to speed up the level development.

Good things (just to balance out my bitch)
-Zombies and more Zombies. Challenging and still TOTALLY fun, but why are there 4 maps listed and one playable??? haven't figured that out yet.
-RC Car is hilarious to watch it chase someone down or blow up that car. Classy.

In summary. Treyarch needs to focus on some glaring misses in the game play BEFORE they start expecting us to pony up MS Points for DLCs. Please please don't piss us off like Gears of War 2 has done with bad online play and ridiculous DLC demands

Current Projects:
AC:Brotherhood; HL2-Orange Box; Tomb Raider:Anniversary; GOW1/2/3
Currently Playing: COD Black Ops 2; AC3
UtahOSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:18 AM   #75
XxHamRxX

XxHamRxX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarry View Post
those were the days... no Treyarch... just original and competitive online multiplayer.
One thing to have in mind is that something being original just means it is first. If this was the first CoD then everyone would be lording over the Customization and Classes and Killstreaks etc. It's like me with Halo: Reach. It is a f**king amazing game and I would play the sh*t out of it if I hadn't already sunk hundreds of hours into Halo 3. Originality=/=Quality
Old 11-10-2010, 01:22 AM   #76
ThaMyth

Send a message via ICQ to ThaMyth Send a message via AIM to ThaMyth Send a message via MSN to ThaMyth Send a message via Yahoo to ThaMyth Send a message via Skype™ to ThaMyth

DeDnCiDe's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
that guy rounding up anyone saying shit sent me here, fuck him, but the games good.
ThaMyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:25 AM   #77
Magespower
I've Got The Power!

Magespower's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
My only bitch so far is not being able to bring my party of six into a game without dropping people. Other then that no complaints.

Twitter TrueAchievementstumblr.

Last edited by Magespower; 11-10-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Magespower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #78
OZI GAMER4
Banned User

zEViLvOV3RKiLLz's Gamercard
Call of Duty BO = FLOP
OZI GAMER4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #79
Yaeven

Abjeyord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicktacular View Post
Thanks a lot Bungie for another shitty game.
That made me laugh for some rason.
Yaeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #80
Yaeven

Abjeyord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahOSB View Post
but why are there 4 maps listed and one playable??? haven't figured that out yet.

I don't have this game yet but I'd think the other three are the ones from WaW when you buy the Hardened or Prestige edition..??
Yaeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:04 AM   #81
Bloke

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phate LLD View Post
Well you shoot after scoping, thought that went without saying but I guess not.
So as far as "hard-aiming" goes. There are people that are bitching about having to actually aim in a FPS?
Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:14 AM   #82
Dr Popodopolus

Dr Popodopolus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke View Post
So as far as "hard-aiming" goes. There are people that are bitching about having to actually aim in a FPS?
Unfortunately so.

I don't really know what to bitch about at the moment.. the lack of people shooting down choppers maybe and lack of a perk to protect me from enemy killstreaks.

For some reason this game reminds me of a hybrid between Far Cry 2 and Quantum of Solace, I mean the MP5K is a copy paste from QoS and most of the sounds are too..

Dr Popodopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #83
Tgisme

Send a message via MSN to Tgisme

Tgisme's Gamercard
The infinite spawns in the corridor in chapter 3 (and everywhere else) is a huge pain in the ass, and your AI partners ALWAYS have to plant their ass at every corner leaving the middle of every open area the only place to shoot from.

After getting frustrated and deciding to go to hardened difficulty and revisit veteran, I found that while veteran is undeniably frustrating at parts, hardened is just embarrassingly easy throughout.

Bullets seem to track around corners a bit, and the AI partners are useless for help in a firefight. The only time the AI bails me out is when someone runs straight for them.

Having to break certain planes of the level in order for the AI to move forward is annoying, and renders them even more useless as you're forced to charge the front lines alone.

All this from the single player as I have yet to touch the multi-player, pretty scared of what awaits me.

Last edited by Tgisme; 11-10-2010 at 03:27 AM. Reason: More Bitching (Final Version)
Tgisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:47 AM   #84
OKHorrific

OKHorrific's Gamercard
LOL! Not even out for 24 hours and there is 3 pages of bitching!!!
OKHorrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:29 AM   #85
Phate LLD

Phate LLD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Ohhh boy, where do I begin.

Note: This all pertains to MP

First, whose idea was it to make the grenade indicator black? Blends in with too much of the environment, makes it damn hard to spot sometimes.

Hit recognition is atrocious, my internet connection will be consistently 4 bars and I'm hitting dead center of the torso and I won't get any hit markers really doubt this can be blamed on lag.

I understand that overall people take more hits to die which I like since it reminds me of CoD 4 but the fact that I have to put three bursts in an enemy with the M-16 for him to die is a little outrageous.

Lastly, it shames me to see that the patch aimed at quickscoping has deterred sniping in all its forms. I've played my fair share of matches today, I've seen at most 2 snipers, and none of my deaths have come from a sniper. I've tried my luck with the WA2000 and sniping is severely underpowered and there's no semblance of balance between the good ol' AR SMG gunners and snipers. Snipers are a real minority here, I mean, it's like a dying breed or something.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:42 AM   #86
Legendary IXI

b1oodybrilliant's Gamercard
Went back to playing MW2 after a whole day of playing Black Ops LOL

BEST 100% Completed
- Dead Rising Series (plus DLC), Devil May Cry HD Collection, Devil May Cry 4, DmC Devil May Cry, Gears of War, Hitman: Blood Money, Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey, Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, Max Payne 3, MGS: Peace Walker, The Orange Box, Stuntman: Ignition (1st to complete), SSX
Legendary IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:54 AM   #87
laff 360

fuckin' infinite RESPAWNS

Okay, I fucking hate level 3 on veteran in those corridors. It made me brake my controller after being stuck at one point for like 3 hours. And thats a first. It seems like u gettin shot while hiding behind corners too. And if u wait and take it slow it only makes it harder because of those fuckin' respawns, and that they start attackin u instead. They should at least have made it with a real time save system. I guess i'm almost at a save point but die when i have to go through a new intersection with corridors and room... and then have to do the one before again, again and again.. fuckin respawns.

Would also agree to people saying halo reach seem much more polished and finished. Why can't they fix the lag system in multiplayer like in halo?

Last edited by laff 360; 11-10-2010 at 03:57 AM.
laff 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:38 AM   #88
TrevorDaddy
Subscribing Member

trevordaddy's Gamercard

1) Diving into prone works for shit in single player. Haven't tried multiplayer yet. Can't tell you how many times I went to slide only to somehow end up on top of some obstacle/cover that you can't even jump on top of. This method has gotten me stuck more than once, and killed FAR more than it has saved me. A little polish on this would have been nice. Yet another CoD game without lean/cover and with a poorly implement dive/slide into prone = epic fail on Activision and Treyarch's part, but what do you expect, those morons completely screwed over the game, the devs, and the community already.

2) Friendly AI if anything is equally as bad as it ever was, if not worse. Every time I play CoD, I hope and pray that AI won't be fucktards in the next version, and every time a new CoD comes out, I am disappointed to find they are more fucktarded than ever. They get in the way, they constantly jump out in front of you. They are notorious for running right by enemies and ignoring them just like in World at War. It's fucking pathetic that the AI is still this fucking bad.

3) SP campaign could do with a couple more checkpoints, so you don't have to deal with such unlucky deaths crap due to shitty programming (shit like enemies who are firing away from you, then suddenly turn and zoom right in on you from 200 yards away to kill you as you sprint out to another set of cover).

4) Grenades aren't as gay as previous CoD games so far. Thank you.

5) Forcing people to play against infinite enemies with shitty friendly AI that basically does fuck nothing, while you try to kill a couple and sprint from cover to cover hoping you don't get murdered in the process 4-8-50 times between checkpoints is the worst campaign experience I have ever played, and you're talking about someone who has beaten every CoD campaign on veterans, including CoD1.

I'd rather fuck a cheese grater at this point than deal with some of the stupid shit you put up with in the SP campaign.
TrevorDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:42 AM   #89
TrevorDaddy
Subscribing Member

trevordaddy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by laff 360 View Post
Okay, I fucking hate level 3 on veteran in those corridors. It made me brake my controller after being stuck at one point for like 3 hours. And thats a first. It seems like u gettin shot while hiding behind corners too. And if u wait and take it slow it only makes it harder because of those fuckin' respawns, and that they start attackin u instead. They should at least have made it with a real time save system. I guess i'm almost at a save point but die when i have to go through a new intersection with corridors and room... and then have to do the one before again, again and again.. fuckin respawns.
I almost got screwed here. I hit the checkpoint with an enemy in the locker room about to melee me. So I had to basically kill him really fast soon as I loaded after dying each time finishing the mission, so he didn't kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laff 360 View Post
also agree to people saying halo reach seem much more polished and finished. Why can't they fix the lag system in multiplayer like in halo?
Short answer - because those moronic money grubbers at Activision are running the show. They care less about quality and more about brand recognition and emptying your pockets while they fill theirs. I sincerely hope that in the next few years the community gets tired of their shit and moves on to something else, because CoD just seems to be going downhill.
TrevorDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:01 AM   #90
High Lord Sigma

High Lord Sigma's Gamercard
I'm on the part in S.O.G. where you need to run down the hill and kick gas barrels. How exactly you're supposed to get down the hill when all of the Vietcong shoot at you, your allies do fuck nothing, and there isn't enough cover is beyond me.