PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #31
Nine Inch Nate

Send a message via AIM to Nine Inch Nate

xnizzlenatex's Gamercard
yes this game is a very easy 1000. even the 100 souls achievement didnt take me all that long to do. i think alot of the people that are posting how they got it made things alot more complicated than they were to get this achievement. if you think about it there's 8 levels that you can get souls in. if you divide that by the 100 souls you need to get you get 13. so in very simple terms average 13 souls per level and you will be fine. you can get at least 3 shrunken heads per level and easily collect 4-5 if not more souls per head. all in all it took me about 3 days to complete all the achievements (obviously not 3 full days i have a life... so if you condense it to real hours it was probably 12-14 hours)
Nine Inch Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:19 AM   #32
Natural

NaturalBron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL X MACMILL X View Post
Is The Achievements Easy On This Game
Thanks to Crimzen dragon's guide yes it is.
Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #33
ZERATUL PL

ZERATUL PL's Gamercard
is there a way to replay a lvl? or do i have to go through whole game again? I just don't the option...
Old 06-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #34
Cisumurug

Send a message via AIM to Cisumurug Send a message via Yahoo to Cisumurug

cisumurug's Gamercard
Nice guide Ash3n, I was going to ignore this achievement until I stumbled upon your little guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERATUL PL View Post
is there a way to replay a lvl? or do i have to go through whole game again? I just don't the option...
Yeah there's an option to replay a level in the extras.
Cisumurug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:54 AM   #35
zFerus

Send a message via AIM to zFerus Send a message via MSN to zFerus Send a message via Yahoo to zFerus

zFerus's Gamercard
Nice tip HellzManik I got 35 souls in Port Royal, which got me the ach!
zFerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #36
unknownshadowrunner

soul collecting and secret locations

amazing guide crimzen thank you.
unknownshadowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #37
naptownsteeler

naptownsteeler's Gamercard
a useful tip when collecting souls on the Isla Cruse. Take Will or Elizabeth to the right side of the screen, (where the hidden piece is at) climb the rope, pull the lever, then jump down and go inside the cave that is now open. Wait inside the cave and the boss will follow you. when the gate closes exit up the wall leaving the boss trap. take your guy around to the front of the gate and switch to another. The boss cannot attack. He just runs in place and your guy cannot attack him. No more worries about keeping people alive or killing the boss by mistake.

Last edited by naptownsteeler; 06-25-2007 at 10:32 PM.
naptownsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:41 AM   #38
F089H

Zerohe's Gamercard
Will have to attempt that tommorow!

Mostly Just Playing Gears1 Ranked These Days.If you need Help in a game, check my played games, and send me a message if you would like my help.
F089H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #39
naptownsteeler

It took me about one hour to get 44 so hopefully you don't need that many because it is extremely boring.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #40
TuSeMorte

TuSeMorte's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the info and this guide guys.
TuSeMorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #41
zam

Send a message via MSN to zam

z4m's Gamercard

I played through the game and collected ~50 souls, now when I replayed the first level to get the chest, I got some souls and the counter restarted from zero, do the 50 souls I got before still count or have they disappeared?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #42
naptownsteeler

they still count. but your fifty will only go up if you collect more this time than you did the first time playing that board. It will show up after the board is finished. There will be a plus sign next to you total number if its improved.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:59 AM   #43
gublets8o3

giblets8o3's Gamercard
overall i would say that the achievements are easy but the soul collecting one is time consuming.

gublets8o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #44
Nbag3

Nbag3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptownsteeler View Post
a useful tip when collecting souls on the Isla Cruse. Take Will or Elizabeth to the right side of the screen, (where the hidden piece is at) climb the rope, pull the lever, then jump down and go inside the cave that is now open. Wait inside the cave and the boss will follow you. when the gate closes exit up the wall leaving the boss trap. take your guy around to the front of the gate and switch to another. The boss cannot attack. He just runs in place and your guy cannot attack him. No more worries about keeping people alive or killing the boss by mistake.
This is the best strategy I've seen so far, got it within an hour.
Thank you
Nbag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:28 PM   #45
naptownsteeler

Your welcome. It does save so much time. If your like me you killed the mini boss a time or two.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:00 AM   #46
Bio-Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzen dragon View Post
I got my last 53 souls in Port Royal at the end of the level when you control Jack and Will.

I only used 1 shrunken head at a time because the gurads won't spawn fast enough and I'd end up wasting my Jackanism.

So after I ran out of shrunken heads I did everything you need to do to finish the level except leave. I opened the gates and fired the cannon shot. What this does is stop them from spawning in droves and brings it down to 2 or 3(which makes it easy to keep Will alive).

From here I just killed them off and used a finishing move when ever possible and every few guards would drop a shrunken head. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Thanks for the idea, this'll help fore sure.
Bio-Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:47 AM   #47
DisturbedDan

Send a message via AIM to DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

i actually got this early. I got 51 souls on the beach level, which gave me the achievement once I finished the level.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:02 AM   #48
Ashfire

Alternative to Ash3n's Strategy

This is copied and pasted from a post I made on Gamefaqs with 1 minor correction: Use of the word shrunken heads instead of skulls.

First off, I'd like to give credit to Crimzen dragon and Ash3n. Crimzen for starting the FAQ, and Ash3n for pointing this area out. You can find the original thread here.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=27485
(edit) Also Credit to naptownsteeler. You're strategy is very similiar to mine. I infact did it your way first but I had trouble keeping both Will and Elizabeth at the gate with the boss. Pintel and Ragetti would head over to the gate after the boss, and only one of my partners would stay with them. The other would keep drifting back to the fight with Jack. I wrote the strategy early 8:30am in the morning with no sleep. I quickly skimmed through this thread yesterday and I guess I passed over your post. But credit goes where credit is due, and even though I didn't see your post I don't want to seem like I'm stealing idea's.

My way is slightly different however. The level is Isla Cruse. The area is the very last part where you are fighting off Davy Jone's lackeys. Instead of planting the boss on Pintel or Ragetti, I tried a different route.

As soon as you take the zip line with Jack at the end towards the beach, switch to either Will or Elizabeth. Then climb up the rope to the cave where the lever is that opens the gate on the beach that leads to Calypso's piece. Activate the lever, and as soon as the gate opens, switch to another character.. I.E. If you activated the lever with Will, switch to Elizabeth or vice versa.

Once you've switched, head immediately into the now open cave as quick as possible and walk to the far back of the cave towards the climbable wall. Once there, your other character that activated the lever should of dropped down and should be near the cave. Switch to that character and quickly run into the cave. Keep in mind, while you've switched, the AI of the first character you put in the cave has already taken over and will be trying to leave the cave. If you were quick enough, they should still be in there, if not put them back in immediately before the gate closes. If you need to buy some time, keep switching back and forth while both characters are in the cave to keep them from moving out until the gate slams shut.

Now that you have both Will and Elizabeth trapped behind the gate, you're free to do as you please without risking their lives or worrying about their health. Proceed to killing the Davey Jone's crew until the boss spawns. Now here's the best part. As soon as the boss spawns, He'll circle behind the shipwreck in the water next to him and he'll head directly to the gate where Will and Elizabeth is trapped. And they will attempt to attack each other but no damage will be done whatsoever. There is also appears to be a zone line a few feet away from the gate, which means no other mobs will go to the gate, even if you try to make them follow you there.

Now that you have Will, Elizabeth, and the Boss permanently out of the way, you are free to do your deed. Combo up the mobs to raise your meter and do your specials to make shrunken heads drop so you can collect all the souls you want. You can effectively get 0 to 100 souls in about a hour give or take depending on your luck with shrunken head drops. Just be careful not to use Jackanism near the piles of grenades that will accumulate like Ash3n suggested, but fear not for blowing Will or Elizabeth away because they are safely tucked away. After you have enough souls, just go to the gate, stun the boss, and special... Hello 150 points.

Also note, doing Ash3n's version or mine, there is a possibility of your game freezing because of all the health-ups, pistols, and grenades that are dropped. If you're doing my strategy, I suggest shooting off your pistols to clean up a little, and or using jackanism a few feet away from the grenades to blow them off so there isn't so much items crowding the area. When I was trying Ash3n's Strategy, my stuff froze while doing a jackanism because of the stuff that accumulated. Then I tried my strategy with clearing here and there and it worked brilliantly. With Ash3n's strategy,however, keep in mind that health ups are also random. He said he had so many health-ups that he could effectively keep Will and Elizabeth healed all the time, which worked for me too for a while. Then I hit a drought of health ups and nearly had two characters died... after some bobbing and weaving I managed to get health up on both, but that's when I used Jackanism and my 360 went poot.

Any rate, both strategies work. I found my alternative was less stressful however, with the fact of not having to worry about your team dying or accidentally killing the boss.

Last edited by Ashfire; 08-19-2007 at 03:10 AM. Reason: adding credit to naptownsteeler
Ashfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:54 PM   #49
Marx0r

Send a message via MSN to Marx0r

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 3   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Final 4   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I'm pretty sure I found the easiest way to 100 souls. Go to Port Royale. When you have the first sword fight, punch all of the pirates to death. This should boost up your whatever meter. When it fills enough, finish off someone. Every 5 or so drops a shrunken head. Run up the balcony, wait for all the enemies to follow, and jump off the other side. The enemies will run around and take the stairs. Use this time to activate the shrunken heads, and dispatch everyone. You should get about 6 every time, and make sure to not kill the lieutentant or whatever. Rinse and repeat until you get your 100.

And the future is certain, give us time to work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the b1ues View Post
Your an idiot

Last edited by Marx0r; 08-26-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Marx0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:28 PM   #50
Rogertheshruber

Send a message via AIM to Rogertheshruber Send a message via MSN to Rogertheshruber

ROGERTHESHRUBER's Gamercard
i beat the game and now i cant save when i replay levels, so who do i get it so when i start i have 3 heads?
Rogertheshruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:50 PM   #51
vicko

Blain uk's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips guys, sure saved alot of time, i got the 67 i needed using the beach method with the mini boss trapped in the cave,cheers.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #52
Matt137

Matt137's Gamercard
had to join to say thanks for the guides, it really helped and made this game just about enjoyable

Last edited by Matt137; 11-08-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Matt137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:53 PM   #53
Quito Santana

Send a message via AIM to Quito Santana

Quito Santana's Gamercard
Playing the first level I got 15 on that, go back after you've gotten the Jackanism there and grab one skull at a time. Right before the groups of guards come out use it. I got 5 on each section, just run back and grab another skull once it's done.
Quito Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #54
H20
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to H20

I I H20 I I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash3n View Post
Ok, first off. Crimzen....your guide inspired me to register. I have always used bits and tids from guides before. This was really the first time I had the laptop on the whole game, reading word for word lol. So, thank-you. Second I think I have a pretty good strategy for this, if anyone wants to try it out. I have 5 souls left cuz I stopped to soon lol. I should wrap it up today. Contents below:

Capture 100 Souls - First I have tried just about every level and Isla Cruse was by far the fastest and easiest. The drops for the shrunken head are very common. I would say 1 out of 7. Port Royal is kind of slow shrunken head drops and the soldiers spawn to slow as well. Yes, you have Jack and Elizabeth to keep alive, but that is easy in these steps. I guess this just adds to what some people have mentioned.

1. Ok, First. Go directly to the end of the level. Right after Jacks ziplines down to the starting beach.

2. You will team up with Beth and Will here. Of course you have to keep them alive to be successful. You must kill about 10 of Davy Jones Soldiers in order to spawn the mini-boss. He will be very large an have a crablike body type. THE NEXT STEP IS CRUCIAL TO KEEP BETH AND WILL ALIVE.

3. You will need to grab Beth, or Will. Push down to cycle thru players. Then you will see 2 other players helping in the fight, that you can not control. These are NPC's, as we know, NPC's can not be harmed. So take advantage of it. Pintel and Ragetti (guy with wood eye) are fighting to the left of you usually. Head all the way to the left in the water....and make sure the mini-boss is following you. Kill Pintel or Ragetti's Davy Jones Soldier and then run back to the right. The NPC of Ragetti or Pintel should engage the mini-boss. This guy is the reason your other two PC's get hurt so fast.

4. After that, just assist the other 2 PC's (Beth or Will) with their kills. Make sure to use this button config, it is fast and builds your special up:

5. With your special you should have a ton of Health Shield drops. So once and awhile Will or Beth can grab one and heal up. I went over an hour without having to heal them.

6. Once a Skull drops, just head up away from the drops. Because bombs drop sometimes. The Jackanism will blow them up. That can kill Will or Beth. So head up to the Palm Tree Line. After that 2 Davy Jones Soldiers will come at you. Dispatch them and kill 3 more. So that is 5 per turn. I got about 87 kills from this in less than an hour. Just rinse and repeat.

7. Just make sure not to kill the Mini-Boss and keep an eye on Will and Beths health. This should unlock for you very easily after an hour or an hour and a half. If you get stuck IM me on Live and I will help you out! Good Luck! Hope that helps.

Ash

i will end up using this guide thx hopefully it works about time i go back to it and finish up this last achievement
H20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:05 PM   #55
H20
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to H20

I I H20 I I's Gamercard
yeah thank god for ash's post b/c the port royal way took me 2 hours and only got like 30 souls then i did it on isle la crusa or w/e ash's way and got 57 in 30 mins. so thank you. finally this game is done. and i will never play it again! woot
H20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #56
RonanN1

Send a message via Yahoo to RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

omg..i have 99/100 souls after the first run...

now that's bad luck...

***later edit***

hehe guess what i just load the first level and there near the Jackanism Chest there was 3 Shrunken Heads i just kill the guards and voila got my 1000/1000

suepr game one of my favorites

Last edited by RonanN1; 01-03-2008 at 09:01 PM.
RonanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #57
Riverpatrol

Riverpatrol's Gamercard
Thanks for the pointers and esp. Ash3n for his hints on Isla Cruse. I got 62 souls in an hour.
Riverpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #58
SoaringEagle

Monsieur Brooks's Gamercard
the skulls seem to not count when i finish the level and it autosaves?!?!

i am having this problem, if someone could help me, i cant save now that i have finished the game during a level :S, how do i carry the skulls over?

stepbystep guide if any1 doesnt mind

edit: PS Guys, it take me like half an hour to GET a skull. how do you guys do it? just beat up 3 guys until u have special, then LT and Y/B rite, or is there a tactic which gives u more skulls? it took me 2 hours to get 50, and then i died cuz i jackismed and the nade killed me.

help

Last edited by SoaringEagle; 01-13-2008 at 09:46 PM.
SoaringEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:29 AM   #59
hellspawnjuggalo

hellspawnjugalo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Yay! I finally got this acheivement. Now at a full 1000/1000.

One thing that I noticed when doing to Isla Cruse method, with either Will and Elizabeth or the boss traped in the cave, is let your charge bar in the top left corner fill all the way up before doing the special move. It seems you will get a shrunken head more often or not.

hellspawnjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #60
Eurion

Eurion's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash3n View Post
Ok, first off. Crimzen....your guide inspired me to register. I have always used bits and.............Luck! Hope that helps.
Ash
I've got a tip to add to this that I didn't see in this thread or any of the others. I found it out the hard way...

When doing the finishing move to get items to drop don't just quickly press LT and then one of the finishing buttons but take a second (or less ) to look which button has a red circle around it. Press this button and you are guaranteed a "bonus" drop. I found that it still takes some time to get all the shrunken heads needed but it speeds up the process as otherwise I would go quite some time without getting any extra's.

Did anybody else also have this?

Last 1000: Assassin's Creed 2
Last 200: The Maw (250)
Eurion is offline   Reply With Quote