PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #61
Daggermn

Jack Bandit 24's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawnjuggalo View Post
Yay! I finally got this acheivement. Now at a full 1000/1000.

One thing that I noticed when doing to Isla Cruse method, with either Will and Elizabeth or the boss traped in the cave, is let your charge bar in the top left corner fill all the way up before doing the special move. It seems you will get a shrunken head more often or not.

Congrats on the full 1000. I got mine over the weekend using the Will & Elizabeth cave method on Isla Cruses as well. I understand what you are saying with the special bar, but I did not have that experience. I would always try to get the bar maxed out, but it didn't seem to have any affect on what items dropped from the enemy. Most of the time, I noticed that the shrunken head would drop when the bar was half full. I honestly think that it is completely random what item will drop and I think that there is a greater percentage of bombs, guns and hearts over shunken heads.

There was a time when I was boosting that I wasn't getting any heads for about 10 minutes. I persisted though and got 90 kills on that level which got me the achievement.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #62
Gibbo

Gibs0n92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash3n View Post
Ok, first off. Crimzen....your guide inspired me to register. I have always used bits and tids from guides before. This was really the first time I had the laptop on the whole game, reading word for word lol. So, thank-you. Second I think I have a pretty good strategy for this, if anyone wants to try it out. I have 5 souls left cuz I stopped to soon lol. I should wrap it up today. Contents below:

Capture 100 Souls - First I have tried just about every level and Isla Cruse was by far the fastest and easiest. The drops for the shrunken head are very common. I would say 1 out of 7. Port Royal is kind of slow shrunken head drops and the soldiers spawn to slow as well. Yes, you have Jack and Elizabeth to keep alive, but that is easy in these steps. I guess this just adds to what some people have mentioned.

1. Ok, First. Go directly to the end of the level. Right after Jacks ziplines down to the starting beach.

2. You will team up with Beth and Will here. Of course you have to keep them alive to be successful. You must kill about 10 of Davy Jones Soldiers in order to spawn the mini-boss. He will be very large an have a crablike body type. THE NEXT STEP IS CRUCIAL TO KEEP BETH AND WILL ALIVE.

3. You will need to grab Beth, or Will. Push down to cycle thru players. Then you will see 2 other players helping in the fight, that you can not control. These are NPC's, as we know, NPC's can not be harmed. So take advantage of it. Pintel and Ragetti (guy with wood eye) are fighting to the left of you usually. Head all the way to the left in the water....and make sure the mini-boss is following you. Kill Pintel or Ragetti's Davy Jones Soldier and then run back to the right. The NPC of Ragetti or Pintel should engage the mini-boss. This guy is the reason your other two PC's get hurt so fast.

4. After that, just assist the other 2 PC's (Beth or Will) with their kills. Make sure to use this button config, it is fast and builds your special up:

5. With your special you should have a ton of Health Shield drops. So once and awhile Will or Beth can grab one and heal up. I went over an hour without having to heal them.

6. Once a Skull drops, just head up away from the drops. Because bombs drop sometimes. The Jackanism will blow them up. That can kill Will or Beth. So head up to the Palm Tree Line. After that 2 Davy Jones Soldiers will come at you. Dispatch them and kill 3 more. So that is 5 per turn. I got about 87 kills from this in less than an hour. Just rinse and repeat.

7. Just make sure not to kill the Mini-Boss and keep an eye on Will and Beths health. This should unlock for you very easily after an hour or an hour and a half. If you get stuck IM me on Live and I will help you out! Good Luck! Hope that helps.

Ash
Big big thanks for this, also thanks to crimzens guide i managed to easyily get through the game. Currently on 92 souls just going for my last 8 on Davy Jones locker.

EDIT: I found Tortuga a good level for mopping up your last few souls seeing as it has many heads in the chests and a fair few enemys to kill in bunches.

Last edited by Gibbo; 02-10-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #63
Ry Fryy

Ry Fryy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
LOL.. damnit. I just did the Port Royal and kept getting kills at the very end until I thought I had enough. Screen pops up and I got 99/100 souls. XD

Beware of he who took them, he goes by many names. The Bogeyman, the Shadowed One, but all are he the same. Remember to always behave, for sins he wont abide. He wields a rusty, jagged blade to cut out your insides. The bullies and their spiteful wrath will find torment as well. Soon he will strike them where they stand and drag them into hell. So do not cry aloud at night, stay hidden in your bed. Or the Bogeyman from Silent Hill will come chop off your head.

Ry Fryy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #64
jbpro

JBPRO's Gamercard
I was playing on Isla Cruse and I did kill the boss on that level with the shrunken heads. When the stats screen came up it said I had /+100 for the level. (I can't remember the number in front of the /)
I didn't get the achiever. Is this because I killed the boss like everyone has said?
jbpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #65
Avenger

Avenger1324's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I found it hard to keep the mini-boss alive for any decent length of time, and even when you do you can end up in a fight for ages just waiting (and hoping) for another shrunken head to drop.

I found Davy Jones Locker to be a good mission to build up a lot of souls, though I needed to play it several times to get the most from it. I found that using heads individually where possible was enough to collect up to 3 souls, rather than saving up 2 or 3 for a longer jackanism, but not having so many people very close by to kill.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:08 PM   #66
ArkAngel

I've got every achievement so far but the 100 souls.. I'm working on that one now.. My question though is right now I have 57 souls.. but I don't feel like playing anymore.. the game doesn't allow me to save at any of the menu screens, so if i wanted to come back to this later with my 57 souls what do I do.. yeah I know it's probaly a stupid question.. but i've worked most of the morning on this and just don't wanna fool with it anymore right now and i'm afraid of urning the game off and losing wha ti worked at today already. I had 39 last night but when i loaded the game today I only had 20 something

ArkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #67
Butser

Butser's Gamercard
i got too like 50 souls on the beach and then a bomb blew up and killed me now i cba too try again how gaay
Butser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #68
boofarama
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to boofarama

xSTONEDx B00FER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
ya i havent collected a sould and i am on the second level..
boofarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:59 AM   #69
boofarama
Banned User

maxor tips work really good..
Old 06-22-2008, 05:01 AM   #70
boofarama
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpro View Post
I was playing on Isla Cruse and I did kill the boss on that level with the shrunken heads. When the stats screen came up it said I had /+100 for the level. (I can't remember the number in front of the /)
I didn't get the achiever. Is this because I killed the boss like everyone has said?
the /100 is like 50/100
which mean you have collected 50 souls out of 100
Old 07-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #71
mrbonelly

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
misunderstood???

Edit::: nevermind, got the 1k, but this was a tad confusing.

Last edited by mrbonelly; 08-01-2008 at 11:27 AM.
mrbonelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:02 AM   #72
JJBDude

Send a message via MSN to JJBDude

JJBDude48's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx0r View Post
I'm pretty sure I found the easiest way to 100 souls. Go to Port Royale. When you have the first sword fight, punch all of the pirates to death. This should boost up your whatever meter. When it fills enough, finish off someone. Every 5 or so drops a shrunken head. Run up the balcony, wait for all the enemies to follow, and jump off the other side. The enemies will run around and take the stairs. Use this time to activate the shrunken heads, and dispatch everyone. You should get about 6 every time, and make sure to not kill the lieutentant or whatever. Rinse and repeat until you get your 100.
I tried this many of times (around 30?) and not once did I get a skull drop. Secondly you say pirates, the time you fight pirates there's no "boss" guy so they all die and not respawn, therefore I take it you mean the smartly dressed people right? I did as said but never seeing any Shrunken Heads.

Looks like I'll be trying it another way.

Text
JJBDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:23 AM   #73
SPNKr M19

Send a message via MSN to SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
Exclamation The best way!!

I'm going to abreviate on Ash's idea below which was by far the easiest (good work) and say how I got mine.

Capture 100 Souls
Isla Crusces is by far the best level to get this on. Wait untill the very end after Jack reaches the beach and watch the cutscene. You will now be controlling Elizabeth, Will and Jack, however it is difficult to keep all three alive for a prolonged period. Use either Elizabeth or will to climb up the wall and then open the cave below. Enter the Cave with Will and Elizabeth and wait for it to close. Now those to players a looked away and can't be hurt. I've noticed that Elizabeth is wreckless and runs off, whilst Will will follow Elizabeth and protect her, so if you enter with Elizabeth, Will should follow. Make sure they don't leave the cave before the gate closes.

Now only Jack and your two friends should be fighting kill off the remaining fish-people and wait for a boss to arive. Given two of your players are in the cave he immediatly rushes other there and starts banging uselessly at the gate.

Now start getting souls on the beach.

Important Notes:
Use the combo A,X,A to kill, and then use finishing moves to get skulls every blue moon (sigh). The longest part is getting skulls, just be patient they will come.

The game will feeze if you don't clear out items as droped by the fish-people so you might want to stay on one side of the beach with your two friends on the other and throw grenades over there every once in a while (they are invincible).

If there are grenades around when you activate jackanism they explode so make sure no grenades are with you or you could loose a lot of work.

I found that if you waited to get three skulls it seemed to last for longer and the process was quicker (by observation, not measurment).

Get to know the patern and where the fish-people spawn so you can make the most out of the time you've got.
__________________________________________________ ______
The ideas above were take from the below post and others and I only improved there ideas (don't sue me).
__________________________________________________ ______________________
I got my achievement using this method in the time it took me to get five at Port Royal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash3n View Post
Ok, first off. Crimzen....your guide inspired me to register. I have always used bits and tids from guides before. This was really the first time I had the laptop on the whole game, reading word for word lol. So, thank-you. Second I think I have a pretty good strategy for this, if anyone wants to try it out. I have 5 souls left cuz I stopped to soon lol. I should wrap it up today. Contents below:

Capture 100 Souls - First I have tried just about every level and Isla Cruse was by far the fastest and easiest. The drops for the shrunken head are very common. I would say 1 out of 7. Port Royal is kind of slow shrunken head drops and the soldiers spawn to slow as well. Yes, you have Jack and Elizabeth to keep alive, but that is easy in these steps. I guess this just adds to what some people have mentioned.

1. Ok, First. Go directly to the end of the level. Right after Jacks ziplines down to the starting beach.

2. You will team up with Beth and Will here. Of course you have to keep them alive to be successful. You must kill about 10 of Davy Jones Soldiers in order to spawn the mini-boss. He will be very large an have a crablike body type. THE NEXT STEP IS CRUCIAL TO KEEP BETH AND WILL ALIVE.

3. You will need to grab Beth, or Will. Push down to cycle thru players. Then you will see 2 other players helping in the fight, that you can not control. These are NPC's, as we know, NPC's can not be harmed. So take advantage of it. Pintel and Ragetti (guy with wood eye) are fighting to the left of you usually. Head all the way to the left in the water....and make sure the mini-boss is following you. Kill Pintel or Ragetti's Davy Jones Soldier and then run back to the right. The NPC of Ragetti or Pintel should engage the mini-boss. This guy is the reason your other two PC's get hurt so fast.

4. After that, just assist the other 2 PC's (Beth or Will) with their kills. Make sure to use this button config, it is fast and builds your special up:

5. With your special you should have a ton of Health Shield drops. So once and awhile Will or Beth can grab one and heal up. I went over an hour without having to heal them.

6. Once a Skull drops, just head up away from the drops. Because bombs drop sometimes. The Jackanism will blow them up. That can kill Will or Beth. So head up to the Palm Tree Line. After that 2 Davy Jones Soldiers will come at you. Dispatch them and kill 3 more. So that is 5 per turn. I got about 87 kills from this in less than an hour. Just rinse and repeat.

7. Just make sure not to kill the Mini-Boss and keep an eye on Will and Beths health. This should unlock for you very easily after an hour or an hour and a half. If you get stuck IM me on Live and I will help you out! Good Luck! Hope that helps.

Ash

Games in Progress:

Chime, Halo Wars (1120/1200), GTA 4, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero World Tour, The Beatles: Rock Band, Virtua Tennis 3

Last edited by SPNKr M19; 09-20-2008 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Someone can't sp3ll
SPNKr M19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:33 AM   #74
VI JimJam

Send a message via MSN to VI JimJam

Monotonous Me's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
I'm having trouble getting The Kraken Treasure

I can only find 2 Shrunken Heads... Any advice?

Thanks in advance, VI JimJam
Old 11-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #75
R2lass

R2lass's Gamercard
Thank you for this thread! I have a daunting 64 souls to capture, so I wasn't looking forward to getting this last achievement I need for this game.
R2lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:12 AM   #76
JaggedIceMan

JaggedIceMan's Gamercard
Thanks for the detailed guide. Hopefully I can sit through this game, lol.
JaggedIceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #77
jonny0boy

Send a message via AIM to jonny0boy Send a message via Yahoo to jonny0boy

xjonbovax's Gamercard
Do I need to start the game allover again and I only need get The Maelstrom Treaure left and have 63 souls let me know thanks

Jon
GT (xjonbovax)
Old 04-11-2009, 03:40 AM   #78
Dogmas7

wow good guide i will try this a soon as i can and im sure it will work 100% thanx SPNKr M19 and everyone else.
Dogmas7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #79
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Nice Thread this will help a lot
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #80
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzen dragon View Post
I got my last 53 souls in Port Royal at the end of the level when you control Jack and Will.

I only used 1 shrunken head at a time because the gurads won't spawn fast enough and I'd end up wasting my Jackanism.

So after I ran out of shrunken heads I did everything you need to do to finish the level except leave. I opened the gates and fired the cannon shot. What this does is stop them from spawning in droves and brings it down to 2 or 3(which makes it easy to keep Will alive).

From here I just killed them off and used a finishing move when ever possible and every few guards would drop a shrunken head. Wash, rinse, repeat.
I think it's all about "game" luck. After firing the cannon i would be fortunate to get a skull every 8th or 10th special kill. After 6 skulls, they didn't drop anymore. I went through 30 or more marines with the special finish, and nothing. I got ticked and decided to end the level. right now I have 37 and I'm on the beach battle at the end of Isla Cruces. I had my count up to 55 here until pussy Will got killed. It REALLY sucks that you lose everything when you and/or you weak teammates die. That's my one gripe about the game
STONE DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #81
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPNKr M19 View Post
. Use either Elizabeth or will to climb up the wall and then open the cave below. Enter the Cave with Will and Elizabeth and wait for it to close. Now those to players a looked away and can't be hurt. I've noticed that Elizabeth is wreckless and runs off, whilst Will will follow Elizabeth and protect her, so if you enter with Elizabeth, Will should follow. Make sure they don't leave the cave before the gate closes.

Now only Jack and your two friends should be fighting kill off the remaining fish-people and wait for a boss to arive. Given two of your players are in the cave he immediatly rushes other there and starts banging uselessly at the gate.
Never thought of that, thanks. I'll try it tonight.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #82
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBDude View Post
I tried this many of times (around 30?) and not once did I get a skull drop. Secondly you say pirates, the time you fight pirates there's no "boss" guy so they all die and not respawn, therefore I take it you mean the smartly dressed people right? I did as said but never seeing any Shrunken Heads.

Looks like I'll be trying it another way.
Yeah the Port Royal method sucks. It's all about luck. Isla Cruces' end beach fight is the best place for this.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #83
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
Got the 100 souls last night, woohoo. Isla Cruces is the way to go started the end beach battle with 33 souls, took e about 90 minutes to get the 67 souls needed.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:59 AM   #84
Zhanger

ZHANGER's Gamercard
Whoo! Got my achievement on Isla Cruces
Zhanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #85
wildwest08

wildwest08's Gamercard

thanks for the advice

Call of Duty Black Ops
Halo Wars General
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
wildwest08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #86
Phantom Morph X

My road to 100 souls.

I got my 100 souls before I finished the game (I still have 3 levels to go).

-First I did the first two level, finishing Port Royal with the 3 heads.
-I went back into the prison, opened the green chest, reloaded from checkpoint and rushed through the level and used the heads on the end (I wanted to test how they worked) and got 8 souls, and by the way the game counts the souls I figured it would be 8 less souls to worry about.
-Then I replayed Port Royal, I didn't have much luck with dropped heads, so I got around 25 souls from there.
-Then, on the beginning of the Black Pearl, on my first time playing the level, I took Jack away from Jones, made sure the shark guy was beneath him fighting a NPC, went to the other side of the ship, used the heads, and I had a good drop of heads here, so I got a bit over 30 until I accidentally killed the shark guy and played the rest of the level.
-I didn't get any on Isla Cruces because by the time I got to the end of the level I was in a hurry to finish an save because I had to go somewhere.
-I got another 20+ on my first play on the Kraken level, where you fight the shark guy, I would run back to the beginning, use the heads rush back, kill guys, get heads and so until I killed the shark guy by mistake.
-The last heads I got replaying Davy's Locker, about 20 spread through the level.

Now, I only have to go through the last 3 levels without worrying about heads, every time I open a green chest, I just reload from checkpoint as not to loose them.

Hope that helps or gives anyone ideas on where to get their heads if they are missing any.

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!
Phantom Morph X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:53 PM   #87
b2daq

ok somebody please tell me why i had 65 souls through my regular playthrough and now its reset to 0?
b2daq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #88
fbskiracer

FBSkiRacer63's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2daq View Post
ok somebody please tell me why i had 65 souls through my regular playthrough and now its reset to 0?

If you replay a level your soul count is always zero. I beat this game and all the achievements in like 6 hours total. I spent 1 hour on the 100 souls.

1) replay the first level already having 2-3 skulls. You can add 10-15 souls to your total having brought skulls in for the Jackanism test.

2) I got 60 souls in 60-75 minutes in Isle Cruces. I locked Will and Elizabeth and the Boss in the cave. They never lost health (it helped they were double teaming the boss I assume). Then I got my souls and a special move, opened the gate and killed the boss.

Easy 1000 points.
fbskiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #89
goinpostal321

goinpostal321's Gamercard
i got the majority of mine on the first dutchman encounter i took jack away from jones got 55 then on Isla Cruces just dont activate around gernades if you can lock will in the fave to the side and the boss will try to attack him that way hes out of the picture so the enimies keep coming
goinpostal321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #90
Smurfquake

Smurfquake's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VI JimJam View Post
I'm having trouble getting The Kraken Treasure

I can only find 2 Shrunken Heads... Any advice?

Thanks in advance, VI JimJam
I am having this same problem actually.
Can anyone help us??
Smurfquake is offline   Reply With Quote