Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Kinect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-12-2010, 03:31 AM   #1
JJ UK

JJ x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Your impressions of the release titles

Now I don't actually have Kinect yet, I'm out of the country for two more months and it will be waiting for me when i get home.

Now my question to you that actually have Kinect is what game would be my best purchase on return - I only intend to get one for now and haven't really read any reviews on the release titles, any input appreciated
Old 11-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
KRIS DETH

Send a message via MSN to KRIS DETH

xKRIS DETHx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Forza Tournament -  Made the Final Race   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
In my personal opinion mate, I've got Kinect Adventures/Kinectimals & Dance Central

And my god Dance Cantral is so good, it takes a little bit to get into but you feel so good after you nail a song even if it is on easy

Also Kinectimals is so cute!

My Blog Is Sweet!
^ ^ Click It ^ ^
KRIS DETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
Bleeding Star

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ive got Kinectimals, Kinect Sports and obviously Kinect Adventures

Havent played Sports yet, Adventures is meh but free, Kinectimals is utterly brilliant
Old 11-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
You'll be happy with Adventures, and I don't think you can go wrong with Dance Central, Kinectimals, or Kinect Sports. There's a Dance Central (along with some other) demos on the Adventures disc so you can always try those out.

Your Shape is getting surprisingly good reviews too, but may seem a little niche (I don't know your tastes). I think that's one of the demos though.

I think all the games have a "hey, check this out!!!!" factor to it, but overall the software doesn't have anything that screams "everyone in the nation race to the stores and get this!" feel to it. I think it's very close to that however.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
W1cked Seraph

W1cked Seraph's Gamercard
I picked up Sonic Free Riders. If you want some exercise while playing a Mario-Kart game this is a good one to snag. Its a little hard to learn to steer accurately but once u get it down its a lot of fun.
W1cked Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
dirge

builder dirge's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
We only have Kinect Adventures so far, we are all enjoying it, but I can see I will get bored of it after a while though i'm sure my son and girlfriend will be playing it long after I stop playing it. We plan on getting Kinect Sports for our son for a christmas present, as he absolutely loves bowling! I also plan on getting Dance Central for my girlfriend and possibly Your Shape Fitness Evolved for myself. Was going to get Sonic Free Riders but not sure now after some average reviews.

Gamerscore on 31/12/2010 77,080
Gamerscore on 31/12/2011 116,056
Gamerscore on 31/12/2012 153,371
Gamerscore on 31/12/2013 187,190

#SaveShenmue
dirge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
Braiiins

Braiiins's Gamercard
I am very happy with releases.
I really enjoyed kinect adventures.
Kinect sports is REALLY fun, but can get REALLY hard.
I have played the demo of dance central and joy ride, they were fun. Dance Central was kinda silly to play while my girlfriend was laughing at me, I wouldn't buy it but I'm getting it for free so I can't complain. Joy ride was fun, wish that mini games could be tested out in the demo.

I'd like to play a demo for kinectimals.

I am pumped on child of eden.

I'd say for for the starting line up the games have done great, they can't be perfect the first time around but they are near it.
Windows Phone: 68
Braiiins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #8
Seany Show

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm really happy with the titles I've picked up so far (Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports & Dance Central). I'm rather surprised by how much I'm actually enjoying them. The games will have limited appeal but make most of it while it lasts. I plan on picking up Harry Potter, Kinectimals & Your Shape in the future to add to my collection.

The future titles will only get better

GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387
Seany Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #9
xamot

Zamot666's Gamercard
that adventures game is a huge workout my legs were killin me 4 6-7 days until i could actually safely move after that the kinectimals is addictive if you really love animals or have/had pets im hopin for future rpgs/mmo's
xamot is offline   Reply With Quote