PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Wet
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Harrison Drake

Harrison Drake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
When did 'Cutting Edge Combat' Unlock for You?

Reading the achievement guide it says that this achievement has been known to unlock randomly or regardless of sword upgrades. I thought my unlock of it was quite humourous and was wondering if other people had had any similar or equally odd experiences.

I was in the chapter where you chase Trevor Ackers across the roof top (Chapter 5) and had come to the point where you have to do a long jump and then grab onto the tiny window ledge where Ackers just climbed through. I don't know about everyone else but I hated this jump... I never got it on my first try in any of my four playthroughs.

So I jump, I miss the ledge and as I'm falling to my death the achievement unlocks. I just stared at the screen dumbfounded. My last sword kill had been at least three to four minutes prior.

Maybe falling there 200 times counts as well because I swear to God that jump made me want to shatter the game disc.

I love random cheevo pops that make no sense whatsoever.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #2
Married2Mary

KingConstrictor's Gamercard
sometimes think randomly unlock like my last achievement was the crossbow one and i was repeating the 1st chapter over and over to get the kills and im pretty sure i was over 200 kills and it didint pop then i said to hell with this game when to the dashboard and looked at the page where the achievement is and it popped right on the page so achievements can be wonky sometimes. i guess its better to be lucky than not.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Spike hostile17

Spike hostile17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I also got something pretty weird. I was playing the first chapter in Points count mode and in the tutorial at the very beginning, I pulled off the Wallrun kill with the Pistol and the achievements unlocks. I barely used the Sword in my first 3 playthroughs so i know I still had a long way to go before unlocking this one; and it eventually unlocks without me using the sword...
1000GS: AC1,2,3&4-Bayonetta-Bioshock1&2-BlazBlue CT&CSEX-BlueDragon-CoD MW1,2,BO-DeadSpace1,2,3-EnchantedArms-EternalSonata-FF XIII&XIII2-Fable 2&3-Fifa09,11,12-GoW1,2,3-Halo3,4,ODST&Reach&Anniv-LANoire-LostOdyssey-LostPlanet-MagnaCarta2-MassEffect1&2-MGSc-Mirror'sEdge-N3-Nier-NinjaGaiden2-Oblivion-RE5-ResonanceFate-SplinterCell DA,Conv.&Black-TalesVesperia-TheDarkness1&2 and many more

I'm a completionist. F*** DLCs

Spike hostile17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
XCrazyGuy29

xcrazyguy29's Gamercard
Got mine running on the wall and headshotting a guy with a shotgun. Last time I checked, I didn't kill him with the sword. I'm not complaining though!
XCrazyGuy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
SHOTO1981

SHOTO1981's Gamercard
Popped the 200 machine gun kills last night and it seemed delayed, i was running around an empty room when it popped.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:52 AM   #6
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I was working on my crossbow achievement while going for target scores. I ran out of ammo and proceeded to the next level. After a rising slash in rage mode it unlocked.