PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Monopoly Streets
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Hotel Maximus glitched?

I just bought out all 12 hotels in a game of Original Rules Monopoly (didn't alter anything and played the default top choice). Built hotels till the bank said there were no more left to build and it read 0. I even finished the game and no achievement. Can anyone tell me what the fuck is going on? I just spent ages doing this for nothing and I'm pissed off.

Thanks.

EDIT : Got it to pop. If anyone else has this trouble here's 2 things I did different. I played on the original Monopoly board this time and made sure to do the whole thing in one sitting. One or both of those made it pop this time. Now just the online and I'm done.

Last edited by ponypo2001; 11-14-2010 at 07:21 PM.
ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
taahh lee gaahh

taahh lee gaahh's Gamercard
i know this is the wrong thread but I see that your looking to finish the online ones? I'm willing to boost today after 4pm (niners game).
taahh lee gaahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
mark21667

Mark Miwurdz's Gamercard
I had the same BUT I was playing on the original board using 2 pads. To get there, I was exploiting save and load tactics. I started again, original table, 4 pads, no reloads, then I got it. I am also up for boosting. Tag is Mark Miwurdz
Old 12-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Original board doesnt matter, i can confirm. My wife and I did it using the "Streets" board just with original rules. Also one person does not have to own all the homes, we split them up between us due to money. So it works.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
billjones0302

billjones0302's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules the great View Post
Original board doesnt matter, i can confirm. My wife and I did it using the "Streets" board just with original rules. Also one person does not have to own all the homes, we split them up between us due to money. So it works.
Thanks for the information! I really prefer the "Streets" board. I enjoy seeing my family and friend's avatars walking by as I am playing.

Edit: Unlocked fine. No glitch using Monopoly Streets board.

Last edited by billjones0302; 01-12-2011 at 06:35 AM.
billjones0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:49 AM   #6
billjones0302

billjones0302's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by billjones0302 View Post
Thanks for the information! I really prefer the "Streets" board. I enjoy seeing my family and friend's avatars walking by as I am playing.

Edit: Unlocked fine. No glitch using Monopoly Streets board.
I used four controllers and set the game up on the Monopoly Streets board. Simply go around the board purchasing properties, do not buy hotels until the final property is owned (I did not want to bankrupt anyone, if it might affect the achievement). You can also mortgage the properties, so anyone landing on them will not pay fees. I, then traded all properties (all 8 color tiles) to the controller needing the achievement. Began purchasing houses and hotels until the game alerted me that there were no more available (takes between $6,000-7,000). I completed my turn and the achievement unlocked. Good luck!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
robert995

robert995's Gamercard
what happenned to me is i created a costum game with 12 hotels and 32 houses. also i put city build on , all properties dealt at the beginning of the game, and i made it so everybody got $2500 in the beginning of the game. once i started this game, the computers built hotels like crazy and in no time, i got the achievement. i wasn't expecting to get the achievement that way, but it worked for me, and it might work for you!

Last edited by robert995; 01-23-2011 at 09:07 PM.
robert995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #8
veener79

veener79's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert995 View Post
what happenned to me is i created a costum game with 12 hotels and 32 houses. also i put city build on , all properties dealt at the beginning of the game, and i made it so everybody got $2500 in the beginning of the game. once i started this game, the computers built hotels like crazy and in no time, i got the achievement. i wasn't expecting to get the achievement that way, but it worked for me, and it might work for you!
This did not work for me. How about anyone else?
Old 07-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #9
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
Talking Glitched - but there IS a solution!

Okay... I FINALLY got it!

First of all... this achievement IS glitched!!! To the people who made achievement guides... update your damn guide!

It may not matter which board you are using (according to a few people), and it may not matter if you use custom rules (although... this would need to be confirmed).

That said... here is what you MUST do, to make sure you DO NOT glitch the achievement. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES, should you ever quit your game, and reload a game-save. If you do... the achievement will NOT unlock! I tried to get this achievement about 7 or 8 times, and the reason it failed EVERY TIME... was because I was reloading the game at the point where you roll to see who goes first. Don't worry about it! Just start the game (with 3 "dummy" players, if you have extra controllers) and get enough complete properties to build hotels until there are no more hotels available. The achievement will unlock as soon as you "Save and Exit" from your Hotels purchase (it might have done it as soon as moved the cursor to the last hotel purchase... I don't remember, since I saved as soon as I did that - and I was a bit stunned when it FINALLY popped)!
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote