PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Dance Central
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
Lucent Beam
 
Lucent Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,101
Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Something to Prove

Quote:
Something to Prove 50
Get a 100% rating on every song in the game in Break It Down mode.
Does this mean 100% for every difficulty or just 100% showing for just Hard for every song? I know someone in the achievement guide said it didn't work for all easy 100%'s?
__________________

Last edited by Lucent Beam; 11-15-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Lucent Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:12 AM   #2
lucazzo
 
lucazzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 81
Send a message via AIM to lucazzo

luc4770's Gamercard
I think we're all still trying to figure it out
__________________
GT: luc4770

Available for boosting:

Saints Row 1 & 2, Left 4 Dead, Ghostbusters, SoulCalibur4, Dead or Alive 4, Undertow, Brain Challenge.
lucazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
Lucent Beam
 
Lucent Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,101
Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Hm, well, in that case, I'll go for just clearing 100% on Break It Down on Hard and skip Medium/Easy and see if that will unlock it.
Some moves are driving me crazy though..... like Rodeo and Wind It Up... I can do the same thing each time and sometimes it will count and sometimes it won't.
__________________
Lucent Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 AM   #4
blurbia
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 238

Iggister's Gamercard
I'm thinking if you try Break it Down on a song on a harder difficulty, then get 100% on an easier difficulty, it won't count for the achievement.
__________________
100% (A lot)
Halo 3, Fallout 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, XCOM: EU & EW, Mass Effect 1-3, Bioshock 1 & 2 , Batman: Arkham Asylum, [Prototype], The Beatles: Rock Band, Kinect Adventures, Halo 3: ODST, Rock Band 1 & 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Guitar Hero: WT, 2, 5, & Aerosmith, Band Hero, KR: AI Encore 1 & 2, Destroy All Humans, Rapala Fishing Frenzy, Avatar, Perfect Dark, Turtles in Time: RS, Angry Birds Star Wars 1 & 2, Duke Nukem 3D

Recently Completed: XCOM: Enemy Within
Coming Soon: Bioshock Infinite
blurbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:30 AM   #5
Cully
 
Cully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 223

Cullyz0rz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurbia View Post
I'm thinking if you try Break it Down on a song on a harder difficulty, then get 100% on an easier difficulty, it won't count for the achievement.
I got 98% on hard on poker face in break it down, then I got 100% on easy in poker face... it didn't count.

Sounds like it's better to do these all on easy first before touching higher levels. I'll try confirm, but it'll take a while.
Cully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:12 AM   #6
Lucent Beam
 
Lucent Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,101
Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cully View Post
I got 98% on hard on poker face in break it down, then I got 100% on easy in poker face... it didn't count.

Sounds like it's better to do these all on easy first before touching higher levels. I'll try confirm, but it'll take a while.
According to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xViper 37x View Post
Something To Prove:
This is the one that says earn 100% in break it down mode on every song. I have earned 100% on every song on easy and the achievement has not popped, so at this point I'm assuming I need to complete medium and hard at 100% also (currently working on this).
It's got to be more than just on easy. That's why I'm wondering if it will save time to ONLY go for 100%'s on Hard if it unlocks.
__________________
Lucent Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:17 AM   #7
blurbia
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 238

Iggister's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucent Beam View Post
According to this:



It's got to be more than just on easy. That's why I'm wondering if it will save time to ONLY go for 100%'s on Hard if it unlocks.
But he/she didn't mention if he had already completed one of the songs on a harder difficulty and didn't get 100%. His/her issue does not disprove my theory.
__________________
100% (A lot)
Halo 3, Fallout 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, XCOM: EU & EW, Mass Effect 1-3, Bioshock 1 & 2 , Batman: Arkham Asylum, [Prototype], The Beatles: Rock Band, Kinect Adventures, Halo 3: ODST, Rock Band 1 & 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Guitar Hero: WT, 2, 5, & Aerosmith, Band Hero, KR: AI Encore 1 & 2, Destroy All Humans, Rapala Fishing Frenzy, Avatar, Perfect Dark, Turtles in Time: RS, Angry Birds Star Wars 1 & 2, Duke Nukem 3D

Recently Completed: XCOM: Enemy Within
Coming Soon: Bioshock Infinite
blurbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:32 AM   #8
Cully
 
Cully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 223

Cullyz0rz's Gamercard
I don't think playing perform it on higher difficulty matters

I think it's only when you do break it down on a higher level and score more. Even if you get 50% in hard, you might outscore easy, so the 100% easy may ASSUME it's not better than 50% hard and not count it.

I think that's how it's working... and I've done a few tests with random accounts to test it.. with the 100% on a single song in break-it down mode achievement. I think this achievement is the exact same issue.
Cully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #9
yippy smalz
 
yippy smalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 302

YIPPY SMALZ's Gamercard
I have a new theory: It has to be on medium or greater. I did break it down on poker face on medium(1st try) and got like 90%, Did it on hard(1st try) and got 88%, did it on easy(1st try) and got 100% but no achievement. I was then thinking that i would have to do it on hard and medium too. Medium(2nd try) 100% and achievement. It still says hard is at 88%

edit: That for practice makes perfect btw so i assume it will be the case with the 100% all of them in break it down mode
__________________


Completed games and 1,000G+
Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears 2, Fallout 3, Bioshock 2, Guitar Hero 5, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo:Reach, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fable 2, Dead Rising:CZ, Magna Carta 2, Lego Batman, C&C red alert 3, Call of duty WAW(1015), Lego star Wars TCS, Monkey Island: SE, Dash Of Destruction

Last edited by yippy smalz; 11-17-2010 at 12:32 AM.
yippy smalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:37 AM   #10
Lucent Beam
 
Lucent Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,101
Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Ok, I figured out my mistake on Rodeo was to not move my front foot a second time.
HELP ME on "Wind Up"!!! Is there anyone else with a problem with this move? No matter what I do with my feet, it's telling me wrong-wrong-wrong. Ugggh.
__________________
Lucent Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #11
BCPotter
 
BCPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 258

bcpotter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yippy smalz View Post
I have a new theory: It has to be on medium or greater. I did break it down on poker face on medium(1st try) and got like 90%, Did it on hard(1st try) and got 88%, did it on easy(1st try) and got 100% but no achievement. I was then thinking that i would have to do it on hard and medium too. Medium(2nd try) 100% and achievement. It still says hard is at 88%

edit: That for practice makes perfect btw so i assume it will be the case with the 100% all of them in break it down mode
I got Practice Made Perfect performing on easy so that should disprove your theory.
__________________



BCPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #12
Jerkkhammer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: beautiful New Jersey
Posts: 90

Jerkkhammer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cully View Post
I don't think playing perform it on higher difficulty matters

I think it's only when you do break it down on a higher level and score more. Even if you get 50% in hard, you might outscore easy, so the 100% easy may ASSUME it's not better than 50% hard and not count it.

I think that's how it's working... and I've done a few tests with random accounts to test it.. with the 100% on a single song in break-it down mode achievement. I think this achievement is the exact same issue.
I've posted in the Support forum on the official Dance Central site about this issue. We'll see if any of the developers comment on it.
__________________


Jerkkhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:58 AM   #13
yippy smalz
 
yippy smalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 302

YIPPY SMALZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPotter View Post
I got Practice Made Perfect performing on easy so that should disprove your theory.
If it was only done on easy then that would make sense, maybe it could be what ever difficulty you first try in the break it down mode who knows? Someone could test this by 100% every break it down for every song before attempting on a higher difficulty.
__________________


Completed games and 1,000G+
Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears 2, Fallout 3, Bioshock 2, Guitar Hero 5, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo:Reach, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fable 2, Dead Rising:CZ, Magna Carta 2, Lego Batman, C&C red alert 3, Call of duty WAW(1015), Lego star Wars TCS, Monkey Island: SE, Dash Of Destruction
yippy smalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:42 AM   #14
BCPotter
 
BCPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 258

bcpotter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nobody seems to have unlocked it yet on TA. Is it possible it's a glitched achievement for the time being?
__________________



BCPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:12 AM   #15
ChrisD0811
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 132

ChrisD0811's Gamercard
You guys are all way overthinking it. I just unlocked it (first in the world as far as I can tell too ), and I can tell you it is much simpler than all of this. You simply need to have completed Break It Down mode at 100% total for each song, at the highest difficulty you have ever attempted. I did it on easy for every song except Drop It Like It's Hot, which I made the mistake of trying on hard for shits and grins.

However, this brings up a more important point, in that the roadmap on here is essentially screwing everyone over by suggesting they play through hard on Break It Down first. For anyone that followed that little gem of advice, they now have to get 100% on hard for every song in which they attempted it.

My suggestion would be to play every song in the game on easy on Break It Down mode first on easy, getting the 100%, and then and only then would I turn the difficulty up to the higher notches. I feel that getting that 50g out of the way first on easy is much more precious than the one playthrough that you'll save by following the path laid out in the roadmap.

Not to be a jerk, but things like this are why roadmaps shouldn't be posted until you've personally gotten all the achievements and know for sure that you're not giving advice that will make that journey to 1000g even more difficult than it already is.

Good luck to you all

Edit: Just re-read this, and it seems way harsher than I intended. The achievement guide, though a work in progress, is great, and has helped me get quite a few of these achievements. You can feel free to add this information to your guide and roadmap if you'd like, and keep up the good work til it's finished. Personally I can't wait to know which difficulty and which songs are needed for the "move passing" achievements, as I know you're working on those currently...

Last edited by ChrisD0811; 11-23-2010 at 05:18 AM.
ChrisD0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:33 AM   #16
Lucent Beam
 
Lucent Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,101
Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I think then the easiest solution for people going through on hard is just to make a separate save on a different storage device and do it all on easy.
Thanks for the heads up!
__________________
Lucent Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #17
Cully
 
Cully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 223

Cullyz0rz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD0811 View Post
My suggestion would be to play every song in the game on easy on Break It Down mode first on easy, getting the 100%, and then and only then would I turn the difficulty up to the higher notches. I feel that getting that 50g out of the way first on easy is much more precious than the one playthrough that you'll save by following the path laid out in the roadmap.

Not to be a jerk, but things like this are why roadmaps shouldn't be posted until you've personally gotten all the achievements and know for sure that you're not giving advice that will make that journey to 1000g even more difficult than it already is.

Good luck to you all

Edit: Just re-read this, and it seems way harsher than I intended. The achievement guide, though a work in progress, is great, and has helped me get quite a few of these achievements. You can feel free to add this information to your guide and roadmap if you'd like, and keep up the good work til it's finished. Personally I can't wait to know which difficulty and which songs are needed for the "move passing" achievements, as I know you're working on those currently...

Thanks for the info on this as everyone was getting a bit annoyed with it, thinking it's glitched. I'll have to re-check the guide and take that into account.

I agree, guides shouldn't be attempted until someone has most of the achievements, but nobody looked to be starting one, and I wanted to map it myself for my own progress. As you said, nobody appeared to have this achievement in the world, so how long do people wait? If you look at the Kinect Sports threads, you'll find no guide and a mess of threads. There's nothing saying that other people can't start a guide also. The more the merrier in my opinion. All your input is greatly appreciated as I see this as a team effort, as one person can never spot everything in a game.

FYI - I have also posted up a dump of moves so far... It's messy but might help until I have all of them mapped. It's currently in an Excel Spreadsheet. 212 moves, 9 Hard, 5 Easy songs mapped so far. My plan is to get all 32 done on hard, before I do the lower levels.

Looks like it might be best to create a second save if you've played some of the songs on break it down mode on hard.
Cully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #18
ButterflyEdge
 
ButterflyEdge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northallerton
Posts: 40

ButterflyEdge's Gamercard
The Break it Down stuff doesn't count towards unlocking things, does it? I'm going to have to start a new save location thingy for this as I have also played a few silly hard ones on Break it Down, but I don't want to have to do it anyway for something that counts towards the 'Got this on the unlock' achievement, if that makes sense!
ButterflyEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:16 AM   #19
lucazzo
 
lucazzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 81
Send a message via AIM to lucazzo

luc4770's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucent Beam View Post
Ok, I figured out my mistake on Rodeo was to not move my front foot a second time.
HELP ME on "Wind Up"!!! Is there anyone else with a problem with this move? No matter what I do with my feet, it's telling me wrong-wrong-wrong. Ugggh.
"Rodeo" and "Wind it up" also gave me trouble and then I figured a bit of a trick for both:

So....

In "Rodeo" you go:

1) Left foot front, right arm rises.
2) Right arm goes down slowly.
3) As right arm hits bottom (to the beat), left foot comes back to the beat.
4) Mid-beat, switch: right foot front.

(Slow it Down helps a lot on it)

In a way the transitioning is similar to "Wind it up".

1) Right foot out, right arm goes up slowly
2) As right arm hits up, left foot joins right quickly in mid-beat.

Very confusing at first, but you'll get it eventually and it becomes second nature. Again, I suggest lots of "slow it down" until you find your own trick to it.
__________________
GT: luc4770

Available for boosting:

Saints Row 1 & 2, Left 4 Dead, Ghostbusters, SoulCalibur4, Dead or Alive 4, Undertow, Brain Challenge.
lucazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:25 PM.