PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
euanpetrie
 
euanpetrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 164

FoxUniform's Gamercard
Serial Killer

Get a streak of 10 kills...


I did this as the guide says in sequence 2 with the Wolf people, and well it didn't pop, any other ideas on where to get it? I've done it a few times now. Clearly I didn't get hit because I got 100% sync in that memory.
Do they have to be 10 assassination streaks?
euanpetrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
kael7
 
kael7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20

kael7's Gamercard
Was wondering myself, and found the below video through a Google search. Explains it better:

Hope this helps.
kael7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
Chaos MAN
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 590

ChaosSlayerX187's Gamercard
Thanks for the vid. This will come in handy.
Chaos MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
DarqStalker
 
DarqStalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601

DarqStalker's Gamercard
I got it easy in the virtual training room. I got it in the short fight but you can get them in any of the fights. Really easy and you can do it over and over till you get it.
DarqStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
jung4ever
 
jung4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 324

FyreBeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ahhh, the ol' RT+ X move. I'm a bit rusty at AC.
__________________
Xbox Gamercards
jung4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
euanpetrie
 
euanpetrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 164

FoxUniform's Gamercard
I saw the video, it must honestly be set on a time? Cuz I did 13 counter-attacks and it never unlocked. Done it twice now and still nothing.
euanpetrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
guillermo316
 
guillermo316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midgar
Posts: 3,581

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I never liked combat related achievements in AC 2. there should be one for no scooping assassination 360 jumping off a building
guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
Quickdraw
 
Quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 2,487

Quickdraw1988's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
video is rather useful ill use it when i get the game tomorrow cheers.
__________________


You can't outrun Death forever, But you can make him work for it.

Urgently Boosting Saints Row 2 MP Achieves Message Me.
Quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
guthmund
 
guthmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 170

guthmund's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarqStalker View Post
I got it easy in the virtual training room. I got it in the short fight but you can get them in any of the fights. Really easy and you can do it over and over till you get it.
I got it there as well. In fact, it was during that bit where that girl (whose name I cannot remember) first introduced it.
guthmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:32 PM   #10
militant07
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 63
can anybody confirm if it has to be done in short time not just not getting any hit?
militant07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
Blud
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 52

bludst0rm's Gamercard
I was lucky enough to get this in the first battle at the beginning of sequence 1.
Blud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
bojac6
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7

bojac6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by militant07 View Post
can anybody confirm if it has to be done in short time not just not getting any hit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by euanpetrie View Post
I saw the video, it must honestly be set on a time? Cuz I did 13 counter-attacks and it never unlocked. Done it twice now and still nothing.
You can't do it simply by counter attacking and it does have to deal with timing. If you are locked on to an enemy, you should notice the health above their heads flashes before they are going to attack. That's your next target, as his moving in will give you the opening to attack.

Best way to do it: Counter attack the first enemy to get a kill and start the chain. Then, and I cannot stress this enough, RELEASE RT. Immediately find the flashing guy (if you don't see one, pick one) and hold the left stick in his direction and press X. You should do a lunge or something and kill him in one hit. Nothing else counts as a chain. If you take an action that does not result in an immediate one hit kill, you break the chain. If you get hit or grabbed, you break the chain. It's rather similar to Arkham Asylum.

Some tips: If somebody is attacking you in the middle of a chain, tap RT and X, so you counter. If you do it smoothly, you will continue the chain and defend yourself.

If you hold X when attacking instead of just tapping it, you'll stab with one hand and shoot another guy with your gun. This will cost ammo, but rapidly gets your chain count up there.

You can one hit kill anybody when in a chain, from the heavily armored guys, to the quick dodgy guys, to the spear carrying guys, your timing just has to be right.

Do it in the Virtual Training Session, the long combat. So you have time to play with it and figure it out. My best chain was over 20. It really flows once you get the hang of it, but it took me awhile to get the timing down.
bojac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #13
Ferocious
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojac6 View Post
You can't do it simply by counter attacking and it does have to deal with timing. If you are locked on to an enemy, you should notice the health above their heads flashes before they are going to attack. That's your next target, as his moving in will give you the opening to attack.

Best way to do it: Counter attack the first enemy to get a kill and start the chain. Then, and I cannot stress this enough, RELEASE RT. Immediately find the flashing guy (if you don't see one, pick one) and hold the left stick in his direction and press X. You should do a lunge or something and kill him in one hit. Nothing else counts as a chain. If you take an action that does not result in an immediate one hit kill, you break the chain. If you get hit or grabbed, you break the chain. It's rather similar to Arkham Asylum.

Some tips: If somebody is attacking you in the middle of a chain, tap RT and X, so you counter. If you do it smoothly, you will continue the chain and defend yourself.

If you hold X when attacking instead of just tapping it, you'll stab with one hand and shoot another guy with your gun. This will cost ammo, but rapidly gets your chain count up there.

You can one hit kill anybody when in a chain, from the heavily armored guys, to the quick dodgy guys, to the spear carrying guys, your timing just has to be right.

Do it in the Virtual Training Session, the long combat. So you have time to play with it and figure it out. My best chain was over 20. It really flows once you get the hang of it, but it took me awhile to get the timing down.

What I bolded. Just countering does not work. You can use counter if someone is about to hit you and you'll most likely do a one hit kill on them, however you can not sit there countering for 10 kills. You won't break the chain with a counter, but you won't keep adding execution numbers to the pile with it either... use it to start and for when someone is about to attack you from behind while you are executing another enemy. I got this during a fight with 13 of those howling guys.... sequence 2 memory 6 I believe... there's 13 of them although one might try to run away at the end.

You can also easily do it in the VR training if you are having trouble in that sequence... however once you understand how to keep the flow going it's as easy as it was learning how to counter so many guards... you just need to learn the new "LS to highlight next victim followed by a press of the x button, rinse and repeat until finished.. only countering if you are absolutely going to get hit if you don't).

Last edited by Ferocious; 11-17-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Ferocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:56 PM   #14
CIF
 
CIF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 897

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Really hating this. It's annoying to start a chain and immediately have the camera angle change so I'm disoriented as to what direction to point, and apparently the timing has to be perfect cause I repeatedly press X during an kill only to have Ezio do a normal strike.

Haha got it in training right before a soldier grabbed me. Nice.
__________________
Completed games

Last edited by CIF; 11-18-2010 at 01:14 AM.
CIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:33 AM   #15
The Tarbender
Banned User
 
The Tarbender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 80

The Tarbender's Gamercard
I found this one quite easy guy's. You get into a fight, like the wolf followers, or when breaking the chick out of jail.

You can counter to start the execution streak but you simply have to keep jamming the x button and moving the the LS to a new direction where enemies are, if you notice the health meter start to flash over one of their heads, just counter them and keep on jamming x and going through all the enemies.

It's good practice cause one of the guild assignments is to 'get a kill streak of at least 5' 10 times.
The Tarbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:00 AM   #16
ImaginaryRuins
 
ImaginaryRuins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,319

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blud View Post
I was lucky enough to get this in the first battle at the beginning of sequence 1.
Oh man you were so lucky. I had to do it in the Virtual Trianing Program. How could you do it without practicing? Besides Mario often killed the guards so that their number often did not meet 10 to do the achievement.

I even had to restart more than 20 times to get the feeling of this new battle system. It is completely different from that in AC2 and I felt I did not know how to fight anymore after all that long.
__________________
All my played games are exactly 1000G.

10000G for 10 games on 7/12/2010
20000G for 20 games on 9/8/2011
30000G for 30 games on 6/5/2012
40000G for 40 games on 24/9/2012
50000G for 50 games on 19/5/2013
60000G for 60 games on 12/1/2014


ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:47 AM   #17
Darkflame
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 197

Hayvock's Gamercard
Got mine breaking the woman out of jail and fighting the guards on the bridge while she escape.
Darkflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:52 AM.