PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3: ODST
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Audio Log ANNOUNCEMENT

Hopefully this will prevent people from constantly making the audio log topics.

Solo: You can get logs at any time. If you have beat the game, just load up Mombassa Streets and find the rest of your logs until you have 29/30. At this point, save & quit. Back in the lobby, load up Data Hive and get your final log. You will notice that when you try to load Data Hive, it will tell you that it is deleting your progress except for your VISR Comm Logs (audio logs), so don't worry about your logs.

Co-op: You have to get all of the logs BEFORE you start the Data Hive chapter. You can get them as you go along, or just get them all before you play the Kikowani Station flashback. When playing in co-op, if you go back to the lobby and try to load up a different chapter, it will DELETE YOUR AUDIO LOGS.

A map for the audio logs can be found in the achievement guide or here.

Read them.... apply them.
AOS Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
wolvieware

wolvieware's Gamercard
You know, I wish I had read this about an hour ago! I just played it on coop with a friend to collect the logs, then loaded up Hive mission to find out that they had all gone Cannot be arsed to try for them all again.
wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 AM   #3
JASEL84

COD MASTAH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Good to know. Thanks mate.

Prestige 10: Modern Warfare
Prestige 10: World at War
Prestige 10: Modern Warfare 2
Prestige 14: Black Ops
Prestige 14: Modern Warfare 3

Real gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCDxvRFGp0&feature=plcp
JASEL84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:29 AM   #4
Moor3z

Send a message via AIM to Moor3z Send a message via MSN to Moor3z Send a message via Skype™ to Moor3z

Moor3z's Gamercard
Thanks for posting this link to us it helped me quite alot i was stuck on 27 but tomorrow morning i'm sure i'll find the missing two, thanks.
Moor3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
pinkfluff1

pinkfluff1's Gamercard
ta for that
pinkfluff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
Ap2k1982

Ap2k1982's Gamercard
excellent just what i was looking for thx
Old 11-02-2009, 06:46 AM   #7
E vee dub

Send a message via AIM to E vee dub

E vee dub's Gamercard
Still hope for those who collect the audio logs in co-op.

Audiophile 75
Found all Audio Logs, alone or with another ODST.

It is safer if you just do it solo (because you can quit and save anytime and pick up later), but my co-op friend and I found them all, and then read that it doesn't save.

As true as that is, you can still find them all and unlock the achievement in co-op. But you must finish all the missions and then follow the security guard into his secret room for the last audio log. You CANNOT quit the game and reload a mission. We breezed through all the missions, since it was on easy.

So thankfully, he and I unlocked the achievement. Good luck everyone.

Halo: ODST 1000/1000

NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
RALEIGH, N.C.
"CLASS OF 2005"
"THE WOLFPACK"

Last edited by E vee dub; 11-21-2009 at 01:38 PM.
E vee dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #8
leprcaun slayer

leprcaun slayer's Gamercard
So i hate to ask, but i have looked all over the place. I seem to have a problem where i can only find 27 of the 29 audio logs. I managed to find all 29 in co-op but we didn't know you had to complete all the levels up to data hive. So i have gone through 2 times now using the interactive map as well as a paper map on the table beside me marking off the points ive been to. This has not yielded any good results. You cant erase any data without losing all your characters and such. Anybody have any ideas? any Help is appreciated.
leprcaun slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
Pheonix_Assassin
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Pheonix_Assassin

Phe0nixAssass1n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for this info i will leave the audio logs till after i have completed campaign
Pheonix_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #10
Indie Hero

Send a message via Yahoo to Indie Hero

Indie Hero's Gamercard
I'll have someone from here help me do this one when I get this from a friend, but until then I'm okay with waiting. I'm more interested in getting the Good Samaritan achievement.

pixels
Indie Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:14 AM   #11
final1980

Mortal Priest's Gamercard
Has anyone had the problem of 28 of the 30 logs. I know 30 is in the data hive but I loaded the map and went to every location shown and all the landmarks that contained the audio log were collected it said. So according to the map I have 29 of 30 but according to the game I only have 28 of 30. I am kinda stuck any advice would be much appreciated. Do I need to finish the game and then go back, I am in solo mode btw.
final1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:52 AM   #12
MrOleg

OlegWasHere's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by final1980 View Post
Has anyone had the problem of 28 of the 30 logs. I know 30 is in the data hive but I loaded the map and went to every location shown and all the landmarks that contained the audio log were collected it said. So according to the map I have 29 of 30 but according to the game I only have 28 of 30. I am kinda stuck any advice would be much appreciated. Do I need to finish the game and then go back, I am in solo mode btw.
its just one that you missed

i print screened and put into paint erasing the icons when i got them.
the two places that i missed were one was a one door entrance room on the middle right and the other under a bridge kinda in the middle left
but you gotta know if you looked at all the places
if you go there im pretty sure it wont let you audio log twice.

30k Hit 11/4/10
NBA 2K11
Trip-Dub

Games To Boost

Saints Row 2: Kingpin
GTA IV:Enough Said
Juiced 2: Crew Races And Pinkslips

If Interested Hit Me Up With A Message On Xbox Live
MrOleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #13
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Okay, i've completed the campaign a few times now and when i load up Mombassa streets it makes me start right at the beggining(When you're in the crash pod).
So when i go looking for the audio logs there are a few with force fields blocking certain roads that lead to certain audio logs.

Am i doing anything wrong?
Old 01-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #14
o2bapilot

o2bapilot's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Aero View Post
Okay, i've completed the campaign a few times now and when i load up Mombassa streets it makes me start right at the beggining(When you're in the crash pod).
So when i go looking for the audio logs there are a few with force fields blocking certain roads that lead to certain audio logs.

Am i doing anything wrong?
Agent, I was having the same problem. I went here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=176631
Look at audio log #9 video. There was a small door I missed. Hope it helps

Last edited by o2bapilot; 01-28-2010 at 10:16 PM.
o2bapilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #15
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
@Above Poster
Thanks, i'll check it out when i get home. Hopefully it will inspire me to get all the logs
Old 02-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #16
NA4STER

Quote:
Originally Posted by final1980 View Post
I have the exact same problem, I am very frustrated right now!

I wrote down the beginning of each log and I used this site which numbers the logs and their location

http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/Halo_..._Log_Locations

Apparently I am missing log #28 but when I go to the map which I remembered already getting that log, it doesn't let me pick it up again

I have also seen more than 10 engineers floating around, is all this normal?
NA4STER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #17
wildwest08

wildwest08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
thank you!!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops
Halo Wars General
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
wildwest08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:22 PM   #18
iTWi2Tid

i twi2tid i's Gamercard
Thanks, I wondered around for hours looking for he last 3.
This made it much easier
iTWi2Tid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #19
HooDLuM
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to HooDLuM Send a message via Yahoo to HooDLuM

ArtfuI Dodg3r's Gamercard
im currently on 29/30 playing co=op... so it is true that we have to play all the missions and not save and select data hive ?

obv i read the first post but on some other forums people are saying they saved and quit on 20 and still got the achieve...
HooDLuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:49 AM   #20
smores114

Send a message via AIM to smores114

Droopylizard's Gamercard
does the order of appearance matter for the logs? or can they be found out of sequence?

Retail Completed:
NFS Most Wanted, Fifa 06 RTWC, Forza 2, Bully: Scholarship Edition, NCAA Football 07, Madden 08, Dirt2, Lego Batman

[CENTER]Arcade Completed:
Dash for Destruction, Harms Way, Fable II: Pub Games, Unbound Saga, CENTER]

1000+
Forza Horizon
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Halo: Reach
Oblivion
Fable 2

Currently Boosting:
DOA4 - SS Rank
smores114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #21
akuma66676

akuma061905's Gamercard
im having troble. same prob as everyone.28/30 cant find the last one. can anybody help? looking for co-op game to go back and find them.please send friend request and will set up a time to play.
akuma66676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #22
MikeBugslayer

mikebugslayer's Gamercard
Well, good to know why my audiologs were deleted I will do campaign second time then :/
MikeBugslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:06 AM   #23
X Ser1al X

X Ser1al X's Gamercard
Thanks a bunch for this guide. Could not find the last one for my life. Had to jump on those damn crates to get to it. Then got the one in the data hive. Yay!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:49 AM   #24
Yoda of Borg

Yoda of Borg's Gamercard
Missing some audio logs?

Ok, so I think I figured out why some people are having trouble finding all of the first 29 logs. I beat the campaign on all the difficulties and the started a new game to get the audio logs instead of just loading the Mombasa Streets mission. Once all of the city was available to travel around in, I went to all 29 locations but only ended up with 22 audio logs. (Yes I'm sure I went to every location.) I decided screw it and went after the rest of the game to get "Good Samaritan". After doing a few missions, I found some logs that I'd already gone past and weren't active, so at the time I'd thought I'd gotten them on one of my first few playthroughs.

So here's what I'm thinking, I've you're doing a playthrough, and not all of the side missions have been done yet, not all of the audio logs will be active. Going to finish the side missions than back track through the 29 locations again...

-Yoda of Borg
Futile resistance is.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:42 PM   #25
Atriedes

Atriedes Raid's Gamercard
Thanks!! Just need to finish off a few more audio logs!!
Atriedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:41 AM   #26
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I don't need this, but it's definitely a valuable piece of information for anybody still hunting for them.

Something I don't get though is the 'loading up Mombasa Streets' part. It's never worked right for me. Everytime I do that it takes me to the very beginning of the game where I first drop out of my pod, than it forces me to redo the training area, meet Virgil, and play the first mission with Buck. Only way I can quickly jump into the Streets is to replay a mission like the Safari Level and beating it quickly to get back to the Rookie.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #27
IzzyXbox360

IzzyXbox360's Gamercard
Okay, I've read the first post over and over again, but just to be sure...
I'm currently playing this COOP with my girlfriend, we've finnished the game, so now we changed to Easy, and started getting all the Audio Logs. It resetted them all, no biggie though.
We're currently at around 20 now, but as I understood the first post:
All the 29 WILL BE DELETED if I go back to "replay mission". Am I right?

So in short: If you've finnished the game (like we have), gotten all 29 on Mombasa Streets, we just can't get the Achievement now just because we finnished the game?
I've got to do it all alone?

Last edited by IzzyXbox360; 07-12-2010 at 09:15 PM.
IzzyXbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:45 AM   #28
ELITExASSASSIN9

ELITExASSASSIN9's Gamercard
thanks for the info
ELITExASSASSIN9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:47 AM   #29
MissingNo.

Send a message via Skype™ to MissingNo.

MissingNoL's Gamercard
This might clear up some things for a few people:
By 'loading up Mombasa Streets' he/she means that you have to actually load Mombasa Streets and not Prepare to Drop.
If you don't have Mombasa Streets it means that you haven't completed all of the levels yet.

The 30th one (in Data Hive) is in a room that the Cop goes into instead of following the main corridor.
It's somewhere in there: I haven't gotten to it yet. But be careful: he'll turn hostile when you find it, saying, "Sorry friend... You know too much..."
I'm not sure if you can do this on Legendary, as the Cop dies as you go down the second Data Stack from Buggers. And plus, I haven't been able to go that far. A guy in a video oddly did it on Heroic, possibly confirming my thought.

If you're on Co-Op, you need to get them all in one game. So you can't Save and Quit and then go straight to Data Hive. You need to trigger the last Flashback (Kikowani Station), complete it, and then head for the last one in Data Hive.

I just got the All Ears and Audiophile Achievements. I also did the Naughty Naughty Achievement as well, as I thought it would be more beneficial to kill the Engineers I come across.

Last edited by MissingNo.; 07-24-2010 at 06:20 AM.
MissingNo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:03 AM   #30
King044

King044's Gamercard
I just got the all audio log achievement today after 5 hours of searching for the one I needed
King044 is offline   Reply With Quote