Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Too Human
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Coop is meh - Advice?

So first off let me say I love this game. Clocked in 28 hours or so and I am still going strong. But last night a buddy and I wanted to try some coop to the achievements and level his char up. I am lvl 41 right now and his char was lvl 13 when we started. After around an hour or so he only leveled up twice. We find this to be weak because I thought this was how you boosted the lvl 10 for char achievement but he doesn't really get any good experience from my kills only those he kills himself. And he's fighting lvl 40-50 chars and he gets destroyed quite easily. As funny as it is to watch him get smashed it's not very effective. Does anyone have any advice on this? Is it just the way it is? Also, the coop achievements don't seem to be working for me, any advice.

BTW we tried taking turns hosting and the enemies stay the same. I think in the achievement guide here it says that this was the way to get the lvl 10 with all char achievement but I just don't see how it's worth it. Rather it's just easier to do it by yourself. Any comments?

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I feel his pain. If you start an online game with both of you in the lobby to start it levels enemies to whoever the higher one is as you've discovered.

This kinda kills the co-op but for your buddy he can start an online game and make the other slot a private one so no one random jumps on board mid-game to steal his kills, items and XP. And I think he can possibly invite you into that private slot once he's already started the mission, but not for sure.

The enemies should be around his level and there will be tons more.

I may be wrong so if anyone cares to confirm...can't test at the moment.

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 11-24-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
I feel his pain. If you start an online game with both of you in the lobby to start it levels enemies to whoever the higher one is as you've discovered.

This kinda kills the co-op but for your buddy he can start an online game and make the other slot a private one so no one random jumps on board mid-game to steal his kills, items and XP. And I think he can possibly invite you into that private slot once he's already started the mission, but not for sure.

The enemies should be around his level and there will be tons more.

I may be wrong so if anyone cares to confirm...can't test at the moment.
Nah, it doesn't work. When he hosted I joined into his game as he was playing and then it went into a lagfest and all of a sudden the enemies leveled up like 30 levels.

At this point it really doesn't matter anyways because I believe he is leveled up at this point. But, this does contradict the person who wrote the achievement guide because it is NOT an effective way of boosting.

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
Pootcrum

Pootcrum's Gamercard

If he wants to get his character up to your level quickly, he probably should do that by himself, boosting like mad in coop with a private slot. Spider farming with a full EXP bonus works extremely well.

Pootcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

The quickest way to boost a friends character is to spider farm at level 50 while he wears +15% exp gear.

With my maxxed out human commando I was boosting from 1-50 in a few hours. Tedious, but its quick.