PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
XToastySniperX
 
XToastySniperX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 312

XToastySniperX's Gamercard
My Theories on the Ending (*SPOILERS*)

Caution, there are a significant amount of spoilers in these here posts. If you do not want the ending of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood to be ruined, read no further. You have been warned!

---

Okay, so the majority of you right now have got to be thinking somewhat the same thing. "What the (bleeep) just happened? Why did Desmond kill Lucy? What was Juno talking about? And what went on during the credits?"

I myself have no idea either, but putting together the puzzle pieces I have, I've come up with several ideas as to what the answers are. So for the first question, here is pretty much what we know for right now: Desmond was using the Animus 2.0 in Brotherhood for one reason, which was to find out where the Apple of Eden was.

After killing Cesare Borgia, it goes on to a scene where Ezio and Leonardo are debating over what they should do with the apple. Ezio decides that it needs to be hidden, so of course he stores it away deep inside the colloseum. Once this discovery is made, the power goes out, leaving you unable to go back inside the Animus in order to see exactly where it is in the colliseum, and how to get there.

Anyways, so you and the rest of the team go there to search for it. Due to the bleeding effect, Desmond sees ghostly images of Ezio, helping you lead the way as to where to go and what to do. You will also encounter Juno, another one of "Those Who Came Before". Now, do you remember the first Assassin's Creed? Where Vidic answers your question with, "It is a gift. A gift from those who came before." That definitely has to say something about how the Templars and "Those Who Came Before" must be connected.

Eventually, you make your way to the main room, with all of these strange hyroglyphs, a large platform holding the Piece of Eden, and strange columns you must climb in order to reach it. Once gaining access to the platform, a staircase pops up, leading you to your goal. However, this results in Desmond interacting with the Apple, and this is when everything goes down the drain. First, time seems to either stop, or freeze. Desmond tries to fight it, but something is controlling him, being the Apple of Eden.

It leads to you involuntarily stabbing Lucy. I do not use 'killing' because it is not confirmed if she indeed has died or not. Following this, Desmond collapses to the ground, evidently in a moment of shock. But before we move onto the credits, let me give you my insight on the other questions you possibly might have. Let us continue with, "Why did Desmond stab Lucy?"

Quite frankly, he didn't. I'm not exactly sure as to how this small part all falls into place, but from what I understand, Juno or one of her kind/people/slaves programmed something into the Apple to force Desmond to kill Lucy, so that they couldn't have a 'relationship'. Well, a 'serious' relationship anyways, if you know what I mean.

To continue on this point, in my Collector's Guide, it mentions this too. It wants Desmond and Eve to mate (unless I totally misunderstood it) so that a new race could be born. In other words, so that the world could be cleansed, and could start anew so that the "Ones Who Came Before" could rule once more over humanity.

Therefore, seeing how Lucy could intervene with this, the magical power stored in the Apple forces him to stab her. But if you look closely as to where Lucy is stabbed, it is in the side, in the bladder area by the looks of it. In my opinion, this is not really the most crucial area, which leads to me believing that Ubisoft wants you to think she dies, but she merely gets critically injured.

This should also have answered as to what Juno was talking about. To recap, a VERY long time ago she used a Piece of Eden to look into the future. She saw Desmond being the 'one', or of some importance, and placed an ability in the Apple that would control him. She must have also stored part of herself into it as well, so that she could ensure it all went according to her plan. This results in Desmond stabbing his most trusted friend.

The last question, "What happened in the credits?" I believe that Desmond went into a state of shock, and to help with it, threw him back into the Animus. But who put him back in? Who was that voice? I think it was Desmond's father, or maybe Subject 16. "But how in the world could it be Subject 16?" Simple. Subject 16 faked his death (although really did scrawl all those things in blood on the walls). If you go back to Assassin's Creed II, you use Eagle Vision in order to access the code on the locked door. Who entered that code? Sure, one of Abstergo's employees could have.

Or, it could have been Subject 16 entering it in his bloody fingers, indicating as to why it is red, just like the things in blood in the room. He was leaving you messages not only on the walls in real life when he started going insane, but he also hacked into the Animus so that he could leave you messages there incase the blood messages got wiped off beyond recognition. Another thing that leads to this is the achievement written in Morse code. It can be translated to 'I AM ALIVE'.

I also must say, that I'm pretty sure "Those Who Came Before" are the bad guys. Why else would they give the TEMPLARS a gift, the Animus? This is kind of contradictory as to the reason why Juno wants Desmond to kill Lucy, but here we go. Juno only wants Desmond to kill Lucy because Lucy is helping him find the other Pieces of Eden. Juno doesn't want her to help him, and therefore uses the power to control Desmond (similar as to how the Apple, when playing as Ezio, can cause Borgia guards to attack one another) in order to try and kill Lucy. Whether this was successful or not, we are unsure.

So these are my views on this crazy cliffhangar. So many things going on at once, so many things to keep track of! But I'm not known for being correct. In fact, I'm sure that this is far from being right. Which is why I would like to see what you guys have to say on my theories, but also about any theories or possible answers you would like to share.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to reading yours in return.
__________________

1. Assassin's Creed (1000/1000)
2. Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1250/1250)
Working On - AC:R, Skyrim, and Portal 2

Check out my YouTube channel here!

Last edited by XToastySniperX; 11-21-2010 at 11:30 PM.
XToastySniperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
Scarab83
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 33

scarabaeus83's Gamercard
I don't think the voice during the credits is Subject 16. He's alive, but not in the flesh and blood sense.
Scarab83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
Chief 340
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 43

Chief 340's Gamercard
These are some very well-thought out theories, and I think you are right about why he was forced to stab Lucy. However, what makes you say Subject 16 is Desmond's father? Just curious.
__________________
Chief 340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
XToastySniperX
 
XToastySniperX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 312

XToastySniperX's Gamercard
Good point Scarab. I agree, it seems to make more sense with him still being 'dead', but I guess we'll just have to wait for the next game.

And thanks, Chief! The reason I think Subject 16 could be Desmond's father is because they both share the same ancestors. Also, at the end the mysterious voice calls himself an 'expert'. And to be an expert at something, you must have a high sense of knowledge correct? At least in the field you are 'expert' at anyways.

But moving on, Subject 16 must have been an expert with the Animus. After all, Subject 16 was able to encrypt secret messages inside the Animus for him to solve. And why would all of these puzzles be just for Desmond? Most likely so that he could help his son out, so that he knows the dangers and the darker secrets.
__________________

1. Assassin's Creed (1000/1000)
2. Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1250/1250)
Working On - AC:R, Skyrim, and Portal 2

Check out my YouTube channel here!
XToastySniperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #5
Chief 340
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 43

Chief 340's Gamercard
Ahh, yeah I forgot that they had the same ancestors. I wonder who the second person in the credits was? (The one who said "Isn't it the Animus that did this to him?")
__________________
Chief 340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #6
XToastySniperX
 
XToastySniperX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 312

XToastySniperX's Gamercard
I believe it could have been a fellow assassin. Because if I'm thinking correctly, Ezio's Brotherhood never left Rome. This could possibly mean that ever since 1507 the brotherhood has remained hidden in that underground section, Tiber Island.

It almost sounded to me like Desmond talking in third person. I'll probably just need to listen to it another time, and much more carefully.

Now, as for a name, I can only give you a generic guess: Altair Alfonso Auditore. :P
__________________

1. Assassin's Creed (1000/1000)
2. Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1250/1250)
Working On - AC:R, Skyrim, and Portal 2

Check out my YouTube channel here!
XToastySniperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
ArcaneFallout
 
ArcaneFallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 44

ArcaneFallout's Gamercard
Brilliant.

I especially like the 'Subject 16 has been secretly helping Desmond' idea. It sounds very plausible, and I like the example you used from the escape from Abstergo.
__________________

BiffTech, you sexy, sexy Sigmaker.

10K on 7/26/10
Current dedication to 1k: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Fulfilled dedications to 1k: Tekken 6, Fallout 3, Alan Wake

"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
ArcaneFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:52 AM   #8
XToastySniperX
 
XToastySniperX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 312

XToastySniperX's Gamercard
Thank you, glad you liked it. I'm currently considering the idea that the people at the credits actually might be Templars, or Abstergo. After all, when they first move to the Sanctuary, Lucy says that they can't stay above ground for too long or else Abstergo can use their phone-satellites to find them.

The trip from Monteriggioni to Rome, along with all of the action (the Apple could have put off enough energy to tip off the satellite, even though they may be underground) could have been enough for them to be discovered.
__________________

1. Assassin's Creed (1000/1000)
2. Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1250/1250)
Working On - AC:R, Skyrim, and Portal 2

Check out my YouTube channel here!
XToastySniperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:44 AM   #9
Scarab83
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 33

scarabaeus83's Gamercard
I don't think it's Abstergo. The tone of the voice saying "Isn't it the Animus that did this to him?" makes me think they don't have a very high opinion of the technology.
Scarab83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:56 AM   #10
WhIpLaSh 014
 
WhIpLaSh 014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere in Nowhere, but is nowhere in Somewhere.
Posts: 1,035
Send a message via Yahoo to WhIpLaSh 014 Send a message via Skype™ to WhIpLaSh 014

Whiplash x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just to clarify, it isn't Juno who Ezio/Desmond finds. It's Minerva.
__________________
Is no longer taking signature requests in Gallery.
Gallery | Facebook | Twitter
WhIpLaSh 014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:03 AM   #11
MIKE N IKE852
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 150

MIKE N IKE852's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
dude this is freaking sweet all of these ideas are brilliant and make me look at the game different. Too bad we have to wait another year for the follow up
__________________
MIKE N IKE852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:51 AM   #12
Faith x360a
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 103

Faith x360a's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XToastySniperX View Post
The trip from Monteriggioni to Rome, along with all of the action (the Apple could have put off enough energy to tip off the satellite, even though they may be underground) could have been enough for them to be discovered.
The satellite is 72 days away from being launched, remember? Otherwise great theories... And I just finished it before reading this and holy crap bigger cliffhanger than Halo 2 was...

Edit: Sup Whiplash. Ahh the day when we destroyed in MP. Okay done being off-topic.

Last edited by Faith x360a; 11-22-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Faith x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:59 AM   #13
XToastySniperX
 
XToastySniperX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 312

XToastySniperX's Gamercard
No, if you remember when they first arrive at Monterriggioni (please excuse my butchering of its spelling :P), I believe it was either Shaun or Lucy explains they must hurry to get everything set-up below ground.

Desmond asks why, and the group explains to him that Abstergo has very advanced technology. Including of which cell phone-satellites that they could use to track them if they are above ground.

Whiplash: Are you sure it is Minerva? Because although they sound generally the same, they look totally different.
__________________

1. Assassin's Creed (1000/1000)
2. Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1250/1250)
Working On - AC:R, Skyrim, and Portal 2

Check out my YouTube channel here!
XToastySniperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:07 AM   #14
Yunder
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 3,468
Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
This game has been left on such a huge cliffhanger, that I'm trying to think that maybe its Abstergo that's really the good guys, and the Assassins are the real bad guys. Desmond was being used from the beginning by the Assassins to make it seem like Abstergo is bad. Holy Crap. I just mindfucked myself.
__________________
We are the Sultans of Swing.
Yunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:14 AM   #15
ArcaneFallout
 
ArcaneFallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 44

ArcaneFallout's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUNDER View Post
... maybe its Abstergo that's really the good guys, and the Assassins are the real bad guys. Desmond was being used from the beginning by the Assassins to make it seem like Abstergo is bad...
HEAD
FUCKING
EXPLODED

Welp, time to go stay awake in my bed and stare at the walls and hate everything, because now it all is a lie.
__________________

BiffTech, you sexy, sexy Sigmaker.

10K on 7/26/10
Current dedication to 1k: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Fulfilled dedications to 1k: Tekken 6, Fallout 3, Alan Wake

"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
ArcaneFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:15 AM   #16
ODST Kayne
 
ODST Kayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,099

ODST Kayne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks. I was waiting for an in depth explanation/speculation of what happened. Great job.
__________________
75k achieved 5/15/2011 in Brink

Time to start a new character 100
Reach Rank 5
ODST Kayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:16 AM   #17
Yunder
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 3,468
Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneFallout View Post
HEAD
FUCKING
EXPLODED

Welp, time to go stay awake in my bed and stare at the walls and hate everything, because now it all is a lie.

Nothing is True.
Everything is permitted.
__________________
We are the Sultans of Swing.
Yunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:18 AM   #18
Gamerdude5448
 
Gamerdude5448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 470

Dr gore's Gamercard
I think his theory of Why did Desmond stab Lucy is wrong. As you get farther in the game if you read Lucy's e-mail's it says she had a conversation with a Templar therefore she was being a Double Agent she actually worked for the Templars and spyed on the Assassin's waiting for them to get the Apple then kill them and take it to the Templars. And Juno knew this and did not want it to fall into enemy hands. Therefore she forced Desmond to stab and mostly likely kill her. Now, I can't exactly say this is correct but according to her e-mails. Something is going on with her and the Templars.
__________________


Gamerdude5448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:22 AM   #19
ArcaneFallout
 
ArcaneFallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 44

ArcaneFallout's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUNDER View Post
Nothing is True.
Everything is permitted.
Which should be changed to,
'Nothing is Fair,
Everything you've done for the past four games was A LIE YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT'
__________________

BiffTech, you sexy, sexy Sigmaker.

10K on 7/26/10
Current dedication to 1k: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Fulfilled dedications to 1k: Tekken 6, Fallout 3, Alan Wake

"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
ArcaneFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:25 AM   #20
WhIpLaSh 014
 
WhIpLaSh 014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere in Nowhere, but is nowhere in Somewhere.
Posts: 1,035
Send a message via Yahoo to WhIpLaSh 014 Send a message via Skype™ to WhIpLaSh 014

Whiplash x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XToastySniperX View Post
Whiplash: Are you sure it is Minerva? Because although they sound generally the same, they look totally different.
I assume it's Minerva, since I don't remember a Juno in any of the Assassins Creed games.
__________________
Is no longer taking signature requests in Gallery.
Gallery | Facebook | Twitter
WhIpLaSh 014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:28 AM   #21
ArcaneFallout
 
ArcaneFallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 44

ArcaneFallout's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh 014 View Post
I assume it's Minerva, since I don't remember a Juno in any of the Assassins Creed games.
Well, you go through Juno's temple at the end when you're getting into the Coliseum. As for who it is, my assumption is Minerva, because she says something along the lines of her being the only one that left a message at the end of AC2.
__________________

BiffTech, you sexy, sexy Sigmaker.

10K on 7/26/10
Current dedication to 1k: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Fulfilled dedications to 1k: Tekken 6, Fallout 3, Alan Wake

"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
ArcaneFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:48 AM   #22
pacokorn77
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 245

Nintendo Tim's Gamercard
That voice isn't Subject 16. If you finish all of the Clusters, complete the VR course (the one that you play through after Rebecca says "what if it's not a video"), you end up talking to Subject 16, albeit, a digital representation of him. The voices are completely different.

The voice sounds incredibly similar Vidic, the doctor overseeing Desmond in AC1. I'm assuming he caught up to them.

Considering Subject 16 is also a descendant of both Alta´r and Ezio (and Desmond was used because they needed to further access Ezio, more than what 16 could), what's to say that Vidic already knew about the various locations in Italy that Ezio visited, and basically had scouts scan those pivotal areas, Monteriggioni included. A scout reported back when they saw an exorbitant amount of electrical equipment and wires leading into the villa.

At one point in the game - if you leave the Animus - Lucy is actually outback behind the villa, standing there. Who's the say that they scout didn't see her and report back, and Vidic basically hauled nine kinds of ass to Monteriggioni.

My theory? Vidic followed them to the Colosseum, tailed Rebecca, Lucy and Shaun into the side entrance that Desmond opens, and awaits for Juno to do her thing with the Apple, Desmond stabs Lucy, Vidic & Co. step in, apprehend everyone, throws Desmond back into the Animus hoping that whatever state of shock he is in that it will keep him from dying (maybe even hope that Desmond will find something of value while in Rome) and that they're taking him back to either Abstergo HQ or some other place, to be revealed in Assassin's Creed III.

I had to type it out; the more I see "ACIII", the more I can't wait until E3 next year, hoping they announce it then.
__________________

Last edited by pacokorn77; 11-22-2010 at 06:14 AM.
pacokorn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:48 AM   #23
harvinator2000
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 140

harvinator2000's Gamercard
i think Lucy and Desmond are in a coma of some sort now.I believe maybe there wlll be some co-op action going on in the next game with you and lucy.

I was also thinking that bringing your sister in to the brotherhood was a big part of the game,(maybe lucy).You could either be just your sister or both in the next one.

I think there was alot of references about how hes getting old now and ive built the brotherhood to carry on without me etc.Even the woman form the future says its to late for you now Desmond.

Maybe to truly meld with the time you have to be in a certain conscious state.Subject 16 maybe in a coma and not dead and could be waiting for you on the other side.

Dont forget anything is possible when he has the apple in his hands.I know its alot of maybes but i do think im right about bringing your sister into the brotherhood and lucy being stabed are related somehow.It could all be about the sisterhood now,lol
harvinator2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:35 AM   #24
Trimmer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Thunder Bay Ontario
Posts: 5

TrimmerD's Gamercard
For some reason and this is probably completely wrong but I keep thinking that this whole series is based on the Mayan calender ending in 2012, because "the others" tried to warn us through stone and I can't remember exactly what happened at the end of Asassin's Creed 2 but didn't it say something about a great catastrophy and the sun failing or something like that? And the whole "check your email in the year 2012" achievement leads me to believe that the year in the game is actually 2012 and "the other" tells Desmond that time is running out quickly.
Trimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #25
daishichi
 
daishichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 571

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Okay, one point at a time:

I assumed the voice during the credits was William M., the supervisor we see Lucy emailing. Presumably Rebecca and Shaun called for backup once Desmond stabbed Lucy...I don't think ACIII will start with Desmond once again being a Templar prisoner.

Did anyone besides TosatySniper interpret William M. to be a Templar, and Lucy to be a traitor? I expected a traitor to be revealed when I gained access to the teams emails, but it was all really harmless stuff. The only stuff Desmond wasn't meant to see regarded an assassin team going off the grid, and Lucy's concern for Desmond interfering with her pursuit of the Apple.

Subject 16 is, physically, dead, but in the process of "losing" his mind to Animus overexposure he transferred his consciousness into the software. That's what the whole digital representation (and his difficulty maintaining it) is all about in the final Truth cutscene.

I don't think he's Desmond's father, but that's just because I hope they don't go that corny. Altair and Ezio have thousands of descendants, so he could be no more than Subject 16's 57th cousin.

16 seems to be telling Desmond not to trust Minerva's message, and to find Eve because the key to success is in her DNA. Juno (and yes, that seemed to be a different goddess from the pantheon based on Those Who Came Before, and Lucy says the Colisseum was built on a temple to Juno) says something about Desmond finding "the sixth". I still have no clue what this means. Combined with 16's advice re: Minerva's trustworthiness, the stabbing of Lucy may be as Toasty suggests: the elimination of a competing relationship for Desmond.
__________________
daishichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #26
starmonday
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 64

starmonday's Gamercard
When I saw the ending, I got the thought that Desmond could probably be just another ancestor and one of his descendants is now watching his memories. After seeing Desmond stab Lucy this descendant is shocked, and the voices are future assassins who try to get desmonds descendant in the animus again. Maybe Desmond was not able to prevent the disaster and now they try to learn from his failure?

There are many things that are against this theory, like you having no animus HUD when playing desmond, or the fact that Desmonds descendants voice sounds completely like Desmonds and I find ToastySnipers Theory to be more likely, but I think its an interesting theory.
starmonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #27
Lbrun12415
 
Lbrun12415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 120
Send a message via AIM to Lbrun12415 Send a message via Yahoo to Lbrun12415

No Dice Soldier's Gamercard
could it be possible that Lucy is a decedent of a Templar? I mean why out of all three people he was forced to kill her? Shaun to me seems like the smartest one, Whiplash is kind of in the middle since to me she only seems to know about technology and Lucy is also smart, but she always made me believe that she was after the Apple of Eden for herself

Last edited by Lbrun12415; 11-22-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Lbrun12415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #28
blee717
 
blee717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 851

o BLEE x's Gamercard
My brother kinda let the end rattle around in his head for awhile and wondered how is it that Altair and Ezio were both able to use the Apple at their own will but when Desmond touched it, it kinda posessed him?
__________________

"CoD doesn't stand for Call of Duty, it stands for Camp or Die"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

"The new Dante looks like he just walked out of a gay Twilight movie"
-Me-
"Or worse, Taintlight"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

blee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #29
XToastySniperX
 
XToastySniperX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 312

XToastySniperX's Gamercard
Blee: That I found interesting too. Apparently, the way the Apple possesses one is through a little cell in the brain. So although Altair and Ezio have this ability, it possibly just might not have been passed down through his genetics.

Lbrun12415: A worthy thought. But here is the thing. I've been thinking a bit more harder on what Juno's words really meant, and to me it sounds like the way to the other Pieces of Eden can not open without blood being spilt, specifically Eve's blood.

So if that is true, this could only mean one thing: Lucy is a decendant of Eve. Now, of course I don't believe this myself, but according to many trusted sources this is what many think. I still wouldn't be very surprised if she did turn out to be a Templar, confirming as to why the Apple wanted Desmond to kill her.

Starmonday: I like where you are going, for it would be a way to extend the series beyond a trilogy, but I don't think so. The main plot has been based entirely around using the Pieces of Eden to stop the supposed natural disaster in 72 days.

Daishichi: Very good points. I too think that Minerva, Juno, and their kind are in kahoots with the Templars. What did Those Who Came Before want? Control over us, the humans, by using the Pieces of Eden to do stuff. Adam and Eve came along, the first assassins. So technically, should all of the assassins not be decendants of them?

And should the Templars be somewhat related (probably not direct decendants) to Those Who Came Before? Maybe when the assassins started their free will movement so that they could be released, the 'gods' had Templars to fight back. Of course at that time we had won, but hadn't eliminated the Templars entirely.

My point is that Those Who Came Before have to be bad. Proof: "A gift, Mr. Miles. From those who came before." Ring a bell? That is write, Vidic talking to Desmond about who made the Animus. Why would Those Who Came Before give a gift to the bad guys if they were good? Because they aren't good, but bad.

Another thing. Those Who Came Before and the modern Templars, along with any Templars in between, wanted control. Thus explaining the reason as to why the Apple was created in the first place, and as to why the Templars want it and the other Eden pieces.

So, the first 'people' to seek freedom were Adam and Eve. Since it was boy and girl, there were children, and with children their comes more descendants. These descendants are assassins, Desmond and all of them. So that has to mean that Adam and Eve were assassins.

Now, not necessarily all of the assassins are related to Adam and Eve. For a good example, take the assassin recruits. They were mere citizens until you took them under your wing. But ever since the beginning, it has been Templar (Those Who Came Before) vs. Assassins (Adam and Eve).
__________________

1. Assassin's Creed (1000/1000)
2. Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1250/1250)
Working On - AC:R, Skyrim, and Portal 2

Check out my YouTube channel here!

Last edited by XToastySniperX; 11-22-2010 at 08:13 PM.
XToastySniperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #30
XToastySniperX
 
XToastySniperX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 312

XToastySniperX's Gamercard
In fact, I think I'll make a thread about theories of Those Who Came Before's true intentions.

EDIT: Whoops. Sorry! Should have edited my post above.
__________________

1. Assassin's Creed (1000/1000)
2. Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1250/1250)
Working On - AC:R, Skyrim, and Portal 2

Check out my YouTube channel here!
XToastySniperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ac:brotherhood, assassin's creed, brotherhood

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:57 PM.