PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: What is the hardest song in the game to 5 star on expert
Beast and the Harlot 28 17.50%
Caught in a Mosh 38 23.75%
Llama 57 35.63%
Other song (ex. Freebird/Before I Forget/etc.) 37 23.13%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #31
Peperonici

Peperonici's Gamercard
Last one i 5 starred was Antibodies... just so fucking annoying.... had to sing it
but for each instrument

Guitar: Caught in a Mosh or Llama
Keys: Roundabout or Antibodies
Bass: Jerry Was a Race Car Driver (but if you try it 3-5 times you get it 5 star)
Drums: LLama (there aren't much hard songs for drums xD)
Vocal: i have to go with Good Vibrations cause i loooovvvee to sing Bohemian Rhapsody... such an awesome song ^^

Peperonici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #32
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peperonici View Post
(there aren't much hard songs for drums xD)
Heh, it can't just be me that thinks this setlist for drums kicks the crap out of RB2's setlist surely? The new rapidly-decreasing rock meter makes this hell to even pass a bunch of the final tier, Llama's my only five-star left but I had to have No-Fail mode on to pass Llama, Roundabout, Beast and the Harlot, Caught in A Mosh, Radar Love, and (probably, it was certainly close) Smoke on the Water on my sightreads.

I'm not even a bad drummer, for RB2's setlist I have 76/84 gold-stars and 58 FC's. The only three songs I wouldn't be able to pass on sightread today in RB2 are Panic Attack, Peace Sells and Visions, and the former two would be beaten easily within three tries. Roundabout's not even the hardest drum song in RB3 but the paradiddles alone haven't been involved enough in on-disc songs previously which warrants it harder than RB1 & RB2 combined (possible exception of Visions, though to be honest they'd both come down to OD abuse- either way you look at though paradiddles are more technical than blasts).

Last edited by Didi Mau; 12-02-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:58 AM   #33
Spade422

Spade422's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
Heh, it can't just be me that thinks this setlist for drums kicks the crap out of RB2's setlist surely?
this is just my opinion, but i cannot for the life of me 5 star battery or visions to save my life, and the only song i have trouble with in this game (5 starring) on drums is llama, which i could maybe five star with enough strength consistancy in both my foot and arms and a tad more practice.

Best Vocalist Accomplishments: Cherry Bomb FC, Doin' That Rag FC 4th Try and Performance Mode FC, Fat Kid FC 7th Try.

- First person to have a blue icon (1000/1000) in Beatles Rock Band with a FGFC on vocals (as well as highest career score.)

Working on: GDRB FGFC (as well as 1000/1000).

Member of Team Yellow Brick Tango
Spade422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #34
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade422 View Post
this is just my opinion, but i cannot for the life of me 5 star battery or visions to save my life, and the only song i have trouble with in this game (5 starring) on drums is llama, which i could maybe five star with enough strength consistancy in both my foot and arms and a tad more practice.
Llama and Visions are my only two five-stars left as well for the main setlists, but I can at least pass Visions whilst I need No-Fail on for several in here Have you played Battery recently to see if you still can't five-star it? I don't know if it is or not, but it definitely felt like Caught In A Mosh was faster than the main beat of Battery so if you can five-star the former the latter should be managable. The off-beat bass pedal comes up in the same spots each time so it's relatively easy to learn when to throw it in (or just looking for it visually).

As far as passing and gold-starring goes there's more songs I struggle to pass in RB3 (though it's mainly due to the new rock meter rather than the charts themselves, to be fair) and there'll likely be less gold-stars for me this time around as well. Maybe Llama'll get easier after a few more practice sessions, it'll definitely be easier to five-star than Visions considering it's a fairly repetitive beat but the chart is infinitely more intimidating to look at for me. Visions I just have to smash the crap out of the red and green pads
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #35
TA Sasuke

Send a message via AIM to TA Sasuke Send a message via MSN to TA Sasuke

Einstein x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
As someone who mainly plays drums its gotta be RB2 that's harder. Llama is really not that hard after a few runs since its the same pattern through the whole thing basically, but Visions beats the shit out of everything in RB3.
TA Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #36
Spade422

Spade422's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
Llama and Visions are my only two five-stars left as well for the main setlists, but I can at least pass Visions whilst I need No-Fail on for several in here Have you played Battery recently to see if you still can't five-star it? I don't know if it is or not, but it definitely felt like Caught In A Mosh was faster than the main beat of Battery so if you can five-star the former the latter should be managable. The off-beat bass pedal comes up in the same spots each time so it's relatively easy to learn when to throw it in (or just looking for it visually).
even if caught in a mosh is faster, i am terrible at songs, like battery, where you keep beat on green instead of yellow. add in the off beat basses (which is also hard to hit, considering im struggling enough with green already) and plus the fact that battery NEVER slows down (CIAM does in many areas) equals 4 and a little less then half a star once i finish and my arms fall off. and last time i tried was maybe a month ago.

so yeah, imo, battery > CIAM but llama > battery

Best Vocalist Accomplishments: Cherry Bomb FC, Doin' That Rag FC 4th Try and Performance Mode FC, Fat Kid FC 7th Try.

- First person to have a blue icon (1000/1000) in Beatles Rock Band with a FGFC on vocals (as well as highest career score.)

Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #37
NathAttack

NathAttack's Gamercard
None of them.

Most proud completion: IKARUGA - 200/200

First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Green Day: Rock Band
First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Dance Central
NathAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #38
BrandAid1138

Send a message via AIM to BrandAid1138 Send a message via Yahoo to BrandAid1138

BRaNdAid's Gamercard
Caught in the Mosh and Llama are kicking me squarely in the nuts this game.
BrandAid1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:51 AM   #39
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Caught in a Mosh was the only song I had to resort to vocals.
Llama is alright on Bass, and VERY easy playing keys on guitar.
Beast and the Harlot I got 40k over 5 star on my first guitar playthrough, and it was the first song I played in the game.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #40
Dan2102

Dan2102's Gamercard
Beast and the harlot for me. It's the very last song that I need and I have a feeling I'll never be able to do it.

I'm pretty bad at the guitar chart (Almost 4 stars) and slightly better at the bass chart (Nearly 4 and half stars) and I can only do vocals if the song is super easy.

I've never put much practice into alt strummer so I totally suck at it. I suppose it doesn't help that I don't really like the song anyways so my want to get the achievement is lessened somewhat by having to listen to a song I don't like over and over.

Anyone know if it's possible to stick my mic against a speaker and get the vocals done that way?
Dan2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #41
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2102 View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to stick my mic against a speaker and get the vocals done that way?
Only if you want half a star. No easy way out of this one.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #42
Dan2102

Dan2102's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
Only if you want half a star. No easy way out of this one.
Well that sucks.

I can 95% the bass chart I just can't keep a combo. So close and yet so far.
Dan2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #43
TH4DJ4RV1S

TH4D J4RV1S's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathAttack View Post
None of them.
i know rite
TH4DJ4RV1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #44
reaper527

Reaper527's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralGamerpro View Post
Llama, because Caught in a Mosh and Beast and the Harlot are easy on vocals.
llama is VERY easy if you do keyboard on guitar though
Old 01-10-2011, 02:49 AM   #45
Spade422

Spade422's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
easier on vocals. harmony vocals is even easier

Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #46
BrandAid1138

Send a message via AIM to BrandAid1138 Send a message via Yahoo to BrandAid1138

BRaNdAid's Gamercard
how do you do this? I used my guitar controller yesterday and it only gave me the option to play bass or guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
BrandAid1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #47
TA Sasuke

Send a message via AIM to TA Sasuke Send a message via MSN to TA Sasuke

Einstein x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
^ You unlock keyboard on guitar by finishing the Guitar Immortal goal for 5*ing any 50 on-disc songs on Medium guitar or 3*ing 50 on a higher difficulty.

Last edited by TA Sasuke; 01-10-2011 at 08:05 PM.
TA Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #48
Bl°°dwolf

Bloodwolf0013's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade422 View Post
Good Vibrations for vocals. that song (plus one other, but i had fcd it with a bad path) is the only one i didn't gold star on my sightread. it is literally one of the hardest things i have ever seen in rock band history (x1000 than fat kid, somebody to love, doin that rag, tangled up in blue, etc). when i saw it ranked as the hardest song in the game, i thought it was a harmonix tier ranking fail; i was dead wrong.

then again, it is really easy on any other instrument, so it doesn't even come close to this list when trying to 5* it on expert.
As primarily a vocalist, I completely concur.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/YourScaryMother
Bl°°dwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #49
TornShaun

TornShaun's Gamercard
I have 20 songs i'm stuck on lmao

TornShaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #50
SebastianSB

SebastianSB's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornShaun View Post
lmao
Bipolar disorder?

RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/lead...erboardid=1576
Attack of the Blog! http://sebspot.wordpress.com/
SebastianSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:55 AM   #51
Kreegles

Send a message via Yahoo to Kreegles Send a message via Skype™ to Kreegles

Delirium Armada's Gamercard
I've 5 stared all of the songs on guitar on expert and surprisingly the hardest one for me was surprisingly Antibodies because of the awkward and random at times strumming patterns. In all honesty all of the rest are really easy and loads of fun to play, especially Llama!

Total Completed Games: 41
Latest 100%: Another World

My Facebook
Kreegles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #52
Piculiar

RazorPriest's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl°°dwolf View Post
As primarily a vocalist, I completely concur.
Honestly, I don't see why people have such troubles with this song.
IMO it's WAY easier than for example Tangled Up In Blue. The melodies are relatively simple throughout, it's just that they vary a lot and it might be hard to remember how to sing each part, but once you know how to do it, it's not too hard. Sure, I've only FC'd up until the last bapapapapa section, but I could totally get that if I just put some effort into it.
Piculiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #53
Bl°°dwolf

Bloodwolf0013's Gamercard

Then this I give to you:

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/YourScaryMother
Bl°°dwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #54
thoseAREmySHOES

thoseAREmySHOES's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Beast and the Harlot, easily. It took me a TON of tries on vocals to finally get it, and was my last song for Rock band Immortal!

thoseAREmySHOES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:05 PM   #55
wenerdog

wenerdog's Gamercard
I only need Lama Radar love and 25 to 6 or what ever that song is. I can 5 Start beast and the harlot on drums but can not five star those songs. I can only get 3 on lama.
wenerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:42 AM   #56
Inferno9000

Inferno9000's Gamercard
Everyone who's posting in this thread most be joking, or bad IMO. Even opinion wise, the 3 songs you listed are really easy once you understand them. Hardest one is definitely 25 or 6 to 4 or Antibodies IMO, even if you can nearly FC, like me. I 5 starred every song on my first try except one (antibodies believe it or not, couldn't figure out the ending strumming, and yes, I mean on guitar), so maybe I'm no the one to ask. Every other song than those two on guitar and bass is just a matter of passing, you pass it, you should 5 star if you can play expert. Oh yeah, DLC wise, I don't have many songs, but Fire by Hendrix is a bitch to 5 star.

Inferno9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:44 AM   #57
Inferno9000

Inferno9000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piculiar View Post
Honestly, I don't see why people have such troubles with this song.
IMO it's WAY easier than for example Tangled Up In Blue. The melodies are relatively simple throughout, it's just that they vary a lot and it might be hard to remember how to sing each part, but once you know how to do it, it's not too hard. Sure, I've only FC'd up until the last bapapapapa section, but I could totally get that if I just put some effort into it.
It is DEFINITELY the hardest song in this game, though can't compare to much other rock band songs. However I did find Tangled up in Blue pretty easy, then again it's one of my favorite Dylan songs and I've been listening to it all my life (same with Good Vibrations though), and if you know both well, Vibrations, at least with a limited vocal range like me, is much harder.

Inferno9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #58
mikesea

Sea Lemons's Gamercard
LLama, but COM is still a beeyatch to 5*.
mikesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #59
Robert999220

Robert999220's Gamercard
That stupid elton john song.... on guitar it is so akward and i dont feel like investing time to learn it, lol... i just did it on bass. everything else imo was pretty easy.
Robert999220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #60
reaper527

Reaper527's Gamercard
now that i have the 5star achievement, i'd have to say the hardest song to 5 star is definitely anti-bodies, with beast and the harlot coming in a close second. neither one of these have an instrument where the song is easy