PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Alan Wake > The Signal
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
jeffy x360a

jeffy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Run on Sentence Froze

Man i was mad i did run on sentence and fast and furious. After i beat it it froze on the screen saying loading. i was about to smash my 360. I ejected the tray then push it to make the tray go back in and it put me on the dashboard as usual. i restarted alan wake and the damn achieve popped on the main menu. i was happy. so if this happens to anyone else try doing what i did and it may pop. just thought id give a heads up.
jeffy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
Vulx

i posted this in another thread... had this exact same problem.

a couple others i think have had it too. starting to look like a known glitch.
Vulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
MarleyMon81

MarleyMon81's Gamercard
Same happened to me last night. Luckily Fast and Furious had already popped and I wasn't going for Run on yet. I had to re-start and of course do the entire ending over again even with the achievement already unlocked.

Glad to know it's not a potential problem with my Box.
MarleyMon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
xI MrBubbles Ix

xI MrBubbles Ix's Gamercard
Same happened to me but luckily I wasnt going for those acheivos but after completing the ending my screen went black for ages but the saving icon was still spinning around in the corner although after 15 mins it was still on the same screen so I dashoboarded it .
Old 07-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
nostendorp

the real sinick's Gamercard
just happened to me, did what OP said and it popped at main menu, thanks!
nostendorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
TheFalcon

IXI FalcoN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This pile of shit DLC has frozen on me twice at the end while going for this. Once when I destroyed the 2nd set of TVs and once when it was loading the ending cutscene. I did what the OP said and no achievement at main menu.

This is horse shit, fix your fucking game Remedy. I've earned this achievement 2 times now.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #7
Darksheik

Darksheik's Gamercard
Same here. Jeez...

Thanks for the tip anyway.
Darksheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
Ruble

Chris Ruble's Gamercard
Probably not the best time to say I got this, 'Fast and Furious' and 'Cardboard Companion' in one playthrough.

One common cause of the glitch I've seen is that most of the people who've experienced it pressed 'B' to skip the song at the end when it says 'End of Special One'. I didn't skip it and just let the song play, which only took a minute of my precious time, and it didn't freeze for me.

Long story short, don't skip the song in the 'To Be Continued/End of Special One' screen, and you'll more than likely not have this problem.

Completed Arcade - 29

First Achievement of 2011: F1 2010 - Triple World Champion (60G)
50K achievement: Gears of War 2 - Veteran Gear (75G)
Ruble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:35 AM   #9
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble View Post
Probably not the best time to say I got this, 'Fast and Furious' and 'Cardboard Companion' in one playthrough.

One common cause of the glitch I've seen is that most of the people who've experienced it pressed 'B' to skip the song at the end when it says 'End of Special One'. I didn't skip it and just let the song play, which only took a minute of my precious time, and it didn't freeze for me.

Long story short, don't skip the song in the 'To Be Continued/End of Special One' screen, and you'll more than likely not have this problem.
Mine just froze after beating the boat. Motherfucking stupid ass shit. You hotta be kidding me. Restart and no achievement. God damn I gotta go through this shit again.

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 AM   #10
TheFalcon

IXI FalcoN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkuysdf View Post
Mine just froze after beating the boat. Motherfucking stupid ass shit. You hotta be kidding me. Restart and no achievement. God damn I gotta go through this shit again.
I had to do it 3 times

I got it to work by doing the old Bioshock 2 trick; turn off notifications. Don't know if that actually worked, but it's what I do to fix that game's freezing. I also let all the cutscene play out, including the end song. Sucks that I technically did this achievement 3 times, but it all worked out in the end.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:18 AM   #11
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalcon View Post
I had to do it 3 times

I got it to work by doing the old Bioshock 2 trick; turn off notifications. Don't know if that actually worked, but it's what I do to fix that game's freezing. I also let all the cutscene play out, including the end song. Sucks that I technically did this achievement 3 times, but it all worked out in the end.
Gonna try that tonight. Sucks because I'm a completionist so I'm gonna keep trying until I get it. Wish I could just say fuck it and just go on to the next game.

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #12
LethalEdge

LethalEdge's Gamercard
I was reading on Trueachievements.com that if you run too fast to the TV after defeating the boat and then skipping the cutscenes if causes the game to freeze for some reason. :/

So when I was going for the achievement I just walked up to the TV slowly and then watched the end cut-scenes without skipping, and then the achievement unlocked.

100,000G - 15th February 2012.
LethalEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #13
TR3NCHED

TR3NCHED's Gamercard
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkuysdf View Post
Wish I could just say fuck it and just go on to the next game.
lmao. Completely agree with this. Im like OCD for completion, my friends dont understand, they just think in an achievement wh*re. I wish it were that simple.

Anyway, i have the DLC downloaded but havent got to play it yet. I work at a rental sotre, so i get my rentals free, so im waiting for it to get returned but they're all overdue somehow
TR3NCHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:15 PM   #14
Spot2009

Spot2004's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Mine froze when I hit the set of TVs with a flaregun lol... Screen went bright white and sounds looped. Damnit...

12345 GS - 2/7/07
22222 GS - 5/15/07
34567 GS - 7/20/08
Spot2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #15
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
The DLC freezes in general. Like if you die and want to quit to menu, it will show a loading screen but won't actually get back to the menu. My guess is it's just a poor implementation on the programming side.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:44 PM   #16
TartanSpartan17

TartanSpartan17's Gamercard
For me the achievement popped up but hasn't given me the gamerpoints. When i click on Alan Wake in my profile it says I have 58 out of 58 but only shows 1200 Gamerscore. Will I have to play it again?
TartanSpartan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #17
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
This DLC has frozen on me a total of 5 times now three times in alan's apartment while talking to zane or shortly after dropping into the apart. Once watching the mirror that Zane initially talks to you through and finally last night it froze while using blast furnace's to kill taken. Oh and the best part...my dashboard has frozen and done the full static screen with static sound numerous times after resetting my 360! I've resolved to NEVER try this DLC again all i'm missing is run on sentence but I've gotta assume there's a legitimate programming bug not even a glitch in the DLC i've played other games inbetween Alan's DLC and not had this issue, really REALLY piss poor execution by Remedy, i've posted numerous threads on the Alan wake website and Remedy's and i'm not trying to complete the DLC until they acknowledge and resolve the issue. Such a waste of a really fun gameplay experience...then I found out Remedy worked with Rockstar on this game....friggin figures it'd glitch!
chach7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #18
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Be careful reloading your flaregun right as it explodes the tvs at the very end, the second set made my xbox freeze up showing static. Luckly I wasn't doing run on
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:34 AM   #19
Dr Sartan

dr sartan's Gamercard
The same thing happen to me twice when going for the Run-On Sentence achievement. After defeating the boat at the end and running past where it had been, my screen went black and froze before the final cut scene triggered. Guess what? No achievement, even after popping the disc and returning to the dashboard.

After reading the posts here, I decided to make a third (and final) attempt at it. I turned off xbox notifications (suggested by TheFalcon) and intended to walk, not run, past the boat after defeating it (suggested by LethalEdge). When I got to the end and defeated the boat, I was close to where it had been but very low on health (#$%@! flying books), so decided to stay put until color returned to the world. Before that happened though, the final cut scene started. I did not skip it, nor the final song. I even let all the credits roll (just for good measure) until the start screen appeared. When I checked my achievement list, Run-On Sentence was there. Because notifications were turned off, I don't know where in the process it unlocked...I was just happy it finally did. I'm not sure this will help those whose game freezes before defeating the boat, but I hope this helps at least some people.

Last edited by Dr Sartan; 08-25-2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: typo
Dr Sartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #20
DeathStarkill

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanSpartan17 View Post
For me the achievement popped up but hasn't given me the gamerpoints. When i click on Alan Wake in my profile it says I have 58 out of 58 but only shows 1200 Gamerscore. Will I have to play it again?
Just delete your profile (NOT the items associated with it) and then RECOVER your gamertag...it should be fixed after that

DeathStarkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:28 PM   #21
DeathStarkill

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy x360a View Post
Man i was mad i did run on sentence and fast and furious. After i beat it it froze on the screen saying loading. i was about to smash my 360. I ejected the tray then push it to make the tray go back in and it put me on the dashboard as usual. i restarted alan wake and the damn achieve popped on the main menu. i was happy. so if this happens to anyone else try doing what i did and it may pop. just thought id give a heads up.
This worked for me...did it just like you said. TY

DeathStarkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #22
xDemii

Demilion x's Gamercard
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sartan View Post
The same thing happen to me twice when going for the Run-On Sentence achievement. After defeating the boat at the end and running past where it had been, my screen went black and froze before the final cut scene triggered. Guess what? No achievement, even after popping the disc and returning to the dashboard.
Just happened to me, not very impressed as its the last thing i need, But glad to find out its not just me. I did the same thing, running past the boat on low health think ill try walk past the boat....
xDemii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #23
Eternaltriumph

I Ride Mudkips's Gamercard
I had to do it three times. It is INDEED glitched.

HOW TO AVOID THE GLITCH!

Two easy steps, and a third I can't confirm if it helps.

First, DO NOT run past the boat. Ever. All my friends who ran past it with the preq's for "Run on sentance" locked up and were furious. DO NOT run past it. LET the final boss finish his speech...the cutscene will play automatically even if you DO NOT move after finishing the boat.

Secondly, turn off your xbox notifications. I had some random ass dude log on who I helped with an achievement once just after the boat and it froze me. I stared at his name for about 30 seconds hoping he catches SARS before returning to dashboard.

The third, optional one is don't skip any scenes. Not the song, not the final cutscene. I don't know if this helped, but you get your achievement BEFORE the credits roll (or at latest at the very start)

Using this method, you WILL NOT SEE your cheeve pop. However, don't blow a fuse...just remember you have notifications off! Just check your profile as the credits roll and enjoy never having to do it over.

Last edited by Eternaltriumph; 09-05-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Eternaltriumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #24
CDEagle147A

CDEagle147A's Gamercard
blank screen after boat.

while trying to get this cheevo, my game went to a blank screen after destroying the boat at the end, i gave it about 5 minits, ejected the game and it went to the dash board . still on 1200g .

im not gonna attempt this acheevment again till remedy update the game.

actually this run on sentence isnt as hard as i thought it would be. once u get used to some of the tough areas - i.e run your ass off thru the blinking telegraph pole woods! its just a sham it has a major bug at the end, but it only glitches if you havent died, when i did it.
CDEagle147A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:54 AM   #25
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I managed to get this achievement w/o any problems.

I only did what Eternaltriumph said above: "DO NOT run past the boat". As soon as I defeated him, I didn't move and wait for the cutscene. The cheevo popped up cupple of seconds after.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #26
Luebbi

Luebbi's Gamercard
I just finished the Writer without any problems and tried to get this last achievement... and had it freeze on the first set of TV's. Sucks
Luebbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #27
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
I just got it, I turned off notifications which I heard can cause the game to crash. I also let all the end music play out till it finished just in case.
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #28
x FLA5H x

x FLA5H x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDEagle147A View Post
while trying to get this cheevo, my game went to a blank screen after destroying the boat at the end, i gave it about 5 minits, ejected the game and it went to the dash board . still on 1200g .

im not gonna attempt this acheevment again till remedy update the game.

actually this run on sentence isnt as hard as i thought it would be. once u get used to some of the tough areas - i.e run your ass off thru the blinking telegraph pole woods! its just a sham it has a major bug at the end, but it only glitches if you havent died, when i did it.
Lol I thought I would have been the only one this happened to aswell. Stupid freeze got me at the end of a successful run aswell. I paused for a moment after defeating the boat and then ran forward and....'blackness'.
Next time I ran forward immediately after defeating boat and all worked ok!
x FLA5H x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #29
Nah96

Nah96's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalcon View Post
This pile of shit DLC has frozen on me twice at the end while going for this. Once when I destroyed the 2nd set of TVs and once when it was loading the ending cutscene. I did what the OP said and no achievement at main menu.

This is horse shit, fix your fucking game Remedy. I've earned this achievement 2 times now.
This EXACT same thing just happened to me. This achievement is almost not worth getting now.
Nah96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #30
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Have you followed the walkthrough I posted HERE ?