PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Apache: Air Assault
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
A Damn Shame and Turkey Shoot missions they is very harder

A Damn Shame - how stop bomb maker, I can't get through because SAMS and Tanks too many there to kill me

Turkey Shoot - How kill bad chopper last mission in Turkey Shoot I think I not sure but too many enemies around to kill me off!!

Please help me on both shit hard missions (I am on Training difficulty but so hard cos too many enemies and A.I. friendly is so bad in Apache Air Assault they can't help you stupid deveolper make bad designer for friendly A.I.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:58 AM   #2
Dremora Warlord

Dremora Warlord's Gamercard
A Damn Shame seemed easy enough. After shooting down all of the Hinds, I got right on that sucker's tail and nailed him with an ATA + Cannon. He went down quickly.

However, I'm having the same issue on Turkey Shoot. I kill everything on the map except the last helicopter and the two armored trucks around it. I have nailed the armor trucks with 8+ hellfires each (landed a lot....). The same goes for the helicopter. I've put so many ATA into that sucker and rockets I can't even begin to count (I also went into FLIR and gunned it for a minute or two).

Nothing seems to work for it (or the two armored AA trucks).

Any hints would be appreciated.
Dremora Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremora Warlord View Post
A Damn Shame seemed easy enough. After shooting down all of the Hinds, I got right on that sucker's tail and nailed him with an ATA + Cannon. He went down quickly.

However, I'm having the same issue on Turkey Shoot. I kill everything on the map except the last helicopter and the two armored trucks around it. I have nailed the armor trucks with 8+ hellfires each (landed a lot....). The same goes for the helicopter. I've put so many ATA into that sucker and rockets I can't even begin to count (I also went into FLIR and gunned it for a minute or two).

Nothing seems to work for it (or the two armored AA trucks).

Any hints would be appreciated.
Hey FINALLY FINALLY!!!! I COMPLETE A DAMN SHAME BECAUSE I FOUND ROUTE WHEN FOLLOW BOMB MAKER I MANAGER PAASS SHIT SAMS AND TANKS COS I AROUND CORNER AND I DODGE LOTS MISSILES WHEN SAMS SHOOTS ME SO I MOVE DODGE WHEN MISSILES FOLLOW ME SO WHEN I REACH TO BOMB MAKER I CLOSER KILL HIM WITH MY ATA 4 AMMOS SHOOTS SAME TIME THEN COMPLETE!!

OMG TURKEY SHOOT IS LAST MISSION I NEED COMPLETE IT I TRY MY BEST ON IT NOW

Last edited by cheevo360; 11-24-2010 at 03:30 PM.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
Strongbow

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, after I clear out the first base in Turkey Shoot about 20 choppers just come in and take me out and then spawn kill me until I'm out of lives, on top of that I can never seem to gain the same altitude as the helicopters and I can never hit them with my missiles and rockets it just seems pure luck if I take one down.

Fuck this game I hate it....
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
jacobite

Jackobite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post

Fuck this game I hate it....
Lol

I kinda like it for flying around I dont like the training setting, its hard to get any speed into the chopper so I like flying on realistic but the enemy at that setting is a bit "very hard."

I don't eat, I don't sleep, I don't wash and I don't care.

jacobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
Strongbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobite View Post
Lol

I kinda like it for flying around I dont like the training setting, its hard to get any speed into the chopper so I like flying on realistic but the enemy at that setting is a bit "very hard."
I've done it now, I just got lucky I suppose.
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:51 AM   #7
acurate bob

Acurate Bob's Gamercard
As for A Damb Shame, the bombers helo, here's how I blew him outta the sky.

Once the last of the bunch of helos are wrecked you see the little DMV. Just do this.

Fly forwards whilst dropping to 100-200 feet. The momentum from the fall and forward movement should pull your chopper closer to him. You can get close enough for accurate fire on him. Or at least close enough for the flares to not trigger.

And the other. I'm not sure. I just got lucky and destroyed him as he was taking off.
100,000 - 19:50, 28/10/10. Apache Air Assault - Touchdown.

Most Proud 1000: Dead Space/The Saboteur
Most Depressing 1000: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
acurate bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #8
R0Y4LEwitCHEESE

R0Y4LEwitCHEESE's Gamercard
On Turkey Shoot, the UAV Helicopters will punish you with Air to Air missiles if you stay at long range. I found it easier to survive by moving in as close as possible and focusing my attention on the objective chopper. I actually had no Stingers at the time so I just trained it with rockets and hit it perfectly about 4 times. The stingers are irritating. Half the time they will cripple a chopper in one, then other times you waste all 4 just trying to get one to hit, a bastard on big waves.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
AHC222

AHC222's Gamercard
If you were having problems with Turkey Shoot like I was, I can confirm that once the base is destroyed you can fly up to the smaller base and fly your chopper into the boss to finish the level.
Not sure if you can do this right away, or if you have to wait until the two vehicles make it there, but try different ways and you will get it.
AHC222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
mosin360

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
You know what makes the hard missions so fing hard? The controls! I swear, I can't fing move. I got no fing speed, no fing climb. I fing hate this game because the game pretty much destroys any chance of fun on the hard levels because you can't fing move.

Last goal met: 200k - Oct 6, 2013

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #11
Rebel Yell

REBEL YELL 82ND's Gamercard
LOL... it was really funny, and lucky, for me. As I did the first part of the mission normally... then all those bast#@ds choppers came out and then the HUD was only a "beeep beeeep" with volley of missiles flying everywhere. Suddenly, I found myself facing the HVT chopper, it was my last available attempt after having lost attempts by either AA fire / HVT missiles, at a certain point I was hit by a missile... tail damaged! The Apache did a 360 turn and I fired the last 9-10 hydras spreading them all around... a couple of them randomly hit the HVT chopper leaving it in a ball of fire!!!!

WOOOW! I continued to fall down, spinning, and just before I hit the ground the "MISSION COMPLETE" message popped out.

LOOOL
Rebel Yell is offline   Reply With Quote