PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Crazy Taxi
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-22-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Crazy Box 1-1?

i've watched the video for this level (crazy jump) and i simply can't jump far enough even with all the crazy dashes. i've tried using just two crazy dashes where the guy in the video does, and sometimes i even throw in an extra one or two. either way i've yet to jump farther than 132m after nearly 50 tries!

why isn't this working?

EDIT: so the problem seems to be that when i attempt a crazy dash, my car makes the sound effects as if i've done one, but i don't actually gain any speed. i'm not sure if this is a glitch, or what, but it's very annoying.

Last edited by Mister Buds; 01-23-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Actually, you have to make crazy dashes (as far as I remember, should be 2 or 3) with good timing.

This is not glitched at all... just practice a little and it should be easy
Old 01-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Harpua191

Harpua191's Gamercard
I seem to be having the same issue
Harpua191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
doomey

doomey's Gamercard
I did one of one very easily with Gina. Using just one dash. (reverse all the way back, dash then drive as normal)
doomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:07 AM   #5
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
If you do one dash at the very beginning, you should make it the full 150 meters.

If you tires screech, you did a dash incorrectly, If your motor revs and your car speeds up with a vibrating controller, you have done it successfully.

Don't confuse the two actions. One does nothing, one helps a ton. (There must be a 0.5 second delay in between the reverse change to the drive+gas)

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:40 AM   #6
RLKDragon

RLKDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
If you do one dash at the very beginning, you should make it the full 150 meters.
And that's how I got mine (about 161m). This is probably the best way, too, if you want to get it done quickly.

Retail 100%:
NCAA Football 10, Rock Band 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, The Beatles: Rock Band, Fallout 3, Assassin's Creed 2, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

XBLA 100%:
Uno, Rock Band Track Pack 2, Rock Band Classic Rock Pack, 1 vs 100, Xbox Live Labs, Crazy Taxi
RLKDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
kingcoopzilla

kingcoopzilla's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post

If you tires screech, you did a dash incorrectly, If your motor revs and your car speeds up with a vibrating controller, you have done it successfully.

Don't confuse the two actions. One does nothing, one helps a ton. (There must be a 0.5 second delay in between the reverse change to the drive+gas)
First point is very important if it's not vibrating youre not doing it right. However, you don't need to put it in reverse at all to crazy dash just tap B then RT in a quick 1-2 kinda motion.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:12 PM   #8
Blizzard-1

DayzeUK's Gamercard
Just finished this game and you do need to put it in reverse as if you dont you only get a small burst that doesnt increase your top speed.

One of the last challenges is a complete circuit of the Arcade level and without boosting properly i couldnt do it, as soon as i learned to boost it became easy. (I even watched a youtube video and was down 7 seconds at the first checkpoint when i wasnt boosting).

Boosting properly i have had over 317m on the jump.
Blizzard-1 is offline   Reply With Quote