PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Puzzle and Word > More Brain Exercise
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
JB x360a

JB x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Roadmap and Achievement Guide to 200

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 7
-Offline: 14 (200)
-Online: 0 (0)
-Approximate amount of time to 200: 7/8 hours spread over 30-50 days
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 30 brain training every day
-Number of missable achievements: 3 (complete brain training 3,7 and 30 days in a row)
-Do cheat codes disable achievements: No Cheats known
-Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes Sudoku
-Glitchy achievements: None known
-Unobtainable achievements: None known
-Extra equipment needed: None

Introduction:

Abbreviated Walkthrough:

Conclusion:

Last edited by JB x360a; 11-25-2010 at 09:55 AM.
JB x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
JB x360a

JB x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
A Little Bonus - 10
Unlock Sudoku.

To unlock the bonus game, you will need to gain an earth rating on any one of the mini games. This is 140 points, and can be done from either the quick play menu from the start screen or within brain training.

A Week Of Hard Work - 10
Complete Brain Training 7 days in a row.

This will unlock after 7 continuous days of brain training from the main menu. This unlocked for me on day 7 of training although the game would not let me train on the sunday, however this was still counted as a day of training. You do not need to hit any particular score just complete the 3 exercises per day for 7 days in a row.

Coming Back For More - 5
Complete Brain Training 3 days in a row.

This will unlock after 3 continuous days of brain training from the main menu. You do not need to hit any particular score just complete the 3 exercises per day for 3 days in a row.

Forever Young - 10
Be awarded a maximum Brain Age of 25 for three consecutive days.

To play brain training you go to play from the main menu, then brain age and you will be given a game to play.
This is another tricky one, you will need to score high on the particular game that you are required to do on that day. You need to score around 150 points on the game you are given. As yet there is no way of retrying if you fail, meaning you will have to retry the next day and start the 3 day cycle again.

Frontman - 5
Be awarded 100 points for Frontal lobe exercises.

See "Mindblowing" for details.

I Am Everything - 50
Be awarded "Solar System" rank in all games on Hard mode.

This is without doubt the hardest achievement in the game. You need to score 150 or more in every minigame on hard difficulty. There is one rank above this which is Universe which is unlocked at 155 points, you can have a mixture of these 2 ranks.

The games are as follows:
  1. Comparing Numbers - Need 25 correct answers in around 38 seconds
  2. Falling Numbers - Need 28 correct answers, time is largely irrelevant
  3. Find the Same Kind - Need 10 correct in around 30 seconds
  4. Fishing Frenzy - Need 8 correct answers in around 4 seconds
  5. How Many Balls - Need 12 correct answers in 8-10 seconds
  6. Line Up - Need 8 answers in around 15 seconds
  7. Memorize - Need 13 correct answers in around 35 seconds
  8. Suspect - Need 10 correct in around 17 seconds
  9. Umbrellas - Need 16 correct in 29 seconds **very hard**
  10. What Is This - Need 10 correct answers in 12/13 seconds
  11. Combine Blocks - Need 15 correct answers in 24 seconds
  12. Where Is The Meat - Need 12 correct in around 10 seconds
  13. Sort Out Food - Need 40 correct in around 60 seconds
  14. Pest Control - Need 40 correct in 21 seconds **very hard**
  15. Classify The Creature - Need 25 correct in 45 seconds
You do not need to score over 150 on each game, but you will need to average over 151.6 over the 15 games. This means you will need to score a total of around 2275 for the 15 games. (This has been confirmed by a few people now).

It's Not Temporary - 5
Be awarded 100 points for Temporal lobe exercises.

Mindblowing - 10
Be awarded 100 points for each lobe area.

This is a cumulative achievement and is aquired through brain training, after each days training you will be awarded points for each lobe. On average you will get between 2/3 points a day depending on how well you do. Meaning you will have to complete brain training for around 35-50 days. This does not need to be done in consecutive days and your scores will not go down if you do not train.

Party Time - 5
Be awarded 100 points for Parietal lobe exercises.

Last edited by JB x360a; 12-08-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
JB x360a

JB x360a's Gamercard

Scrupulous - 40
Complete Brain Training 30 days in a row.

This will unlock after 30 continuous days of brain training from the main menu. This is a bit glitchy for some, the game would not let me train on the sunday, however this was still counted as a day of training. You do not need to hit any particular score just complete the 3 exercises per day for 30 days in a row.

Sudoku Apprentice - 10
Solve a Sudoku puzzle on Medium.

See "A Little Bonus" on how to unlock Sudoku.
Simply complete a game of Sudoku on Medium difficulty, you get three hints that you can use to assist you. The best thing is to use the hints wisely. Make sure that each row, column and square has one of each number 1-9 in. On medium difficulty you will only get 26 numbers pre filled to start you off.

Sudoku Master - 15
Solve a Sudoku puzzle on Hard.

Simply complete a game of Sudoku on Hard difficulty, you get three hints that you can use to assist you. The best thing is to use the hints wisely. Make sure that each row, column and square has one of each number 1-9 in. On Hard difficulty you will only get 23 numbers pre filled to start you off.

Sudoku Rookie - 5
Solve a Sudoku puzzle on Easy.

Simply complete a game of Sudoku on Easy difficulty, you get three hints that you can use to assist you. The best thing is to use the hints wisely. Make sure that each row, column and square has one of each number 1-9 in. On Easy difficulty you will get 34 numbers pre filled to start you off.

You Have A Choice - 20
All minigames unlocked.

This will unlock over time, and as you complete brain training and barin age each day you will unlock more games there are a total of 15 games to play.

Last edited by JB x360a; 12-08-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I noticed you had the brain training 7 days in a row achievement. Is there a way to check this? I swear I have done this at least 8 days. I have gone to my profile and checked this...Also, you would think that the 100 pts you need on brain training would show up on that picture of the brain in your profile.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #5
Harrison Drake

Harrison Drake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Umbrellas!!!

Has anyone actually made it to Solar System rank on this? It is the absolute bane of my existence. I have had no problems with any other game (although I've yet to unlock Pest Control).

I believe you have to do it in 30 seconds. The best score I have received is 144 which was 16 correct in 32 seconds.

I HATE UMBRELLAS. FIRST THE STUPID RIHANNA SONG AND NOW THIS GAME!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
JB x360a

JB x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by big red marino View Post
I noticed you had the brain training 7 days in a row achievement. Is there a way to check this? I swear I have done this at least 8 days. I have gone to my profile and checked this...Also, you would think that the 100 pts you need on brain training would show up on that picture of the brain in your profile.
I think this may be a tad glitchy, I just looked on my profile and i have ticks for days 1,2,3,5,6,7, and it unlocked for me on day 7. However it would not let me train on day 4??? also i have some silver stars and some gold i think the gold might be when you beat your high score, but not sure on the silver ones. I have stopped for a bit and going to go for the 30 day one again soon. I think it may depend on what time you do the training as well whether it is set to american time i have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandermacleod View Post
Has anyone actually made it to Solar System rank on this? It is the absolute bane of my existence. I have had no problems with any other game (although I've yet to unlock Pest Control).

I believe you have to do it in 30 seconds. The best score I have received is 144 which was 16 correct in 32 seconds.

I HATE UMBRELLAS. FIRST THE STUPID RIHANNA SONG AND NOW THIS GAME!
The final ones i need are pest control and umbrella, umbrella is ridiculous though you have to get very lucky and do not have time to even look at the umbrellas. Very hard!!!

Last edited by JB x360a; 12-08-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
big red marino

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
I am sitting on an Earth ranking of 148 for Pest Control. I think 149 would have done it. Basically if you do well enough they offer you 4 bugs...this is always on the last panel. However, they surprised me with 3 bugs after the 4 bug panel once...I was so surprised I did not get one. I think this had something to do with the time available; how fast I was.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:51 AM   #8
Harrison Drake

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
I may have good news for those having trouble with Pest Control and Umbrellas (or others). I was only able to achieve "Mountain" for Umbrellas (I believe 144) and "Earth" for Pest Control (146). However I have achieved "Universe" (the highest rank, one above the target of "Solar System") on a number of games and in some cases I was well over the score required for "Universe" (155 or higher).

Upon unlocking and getting "Solar System" on Combine Blocks my "I am Everything" achievement popped. I am wondering if it is an average of all your scores that must be above 150.

My list is as follows:

Comparing Numbers - Solar System (SS)
Falling Numbers - Universe (U)
Find the Same Kind - U
Fishing Frenzy - U
How Many Balls - SS
Line Up - U
Memorize - U
Suspect - SS
Umbrellas - Mountain
What is This? - SS
Combine Blocks - SS
Where is the Meat? - U
Sort Out Food - U
Pest Control - Earth
Classify the Creature - U

That is eight U's, five SS's, one Earth and one Mountain. Assuming base values of 155, 150, 145 and 140 respectively (not factoring in a higher than necessary score per rank) I got a total score of 2275 over the fifteen games for an average of 151.667 per game. Thus, an average rank of Solar System.

If this works for others I'd be interested to know. This may be the solution to the nigh unbeatable games... just boost the ones you are good at.

That being said, if you can achieve only Mountain on two (you know which two), get Universe on four and Solar System on the remaining nine you will have an average of exactly 150 points.

Of note my overall summary shows Giraffe for Hard but I believe that is a cumulative total of all my failed games, not just my best ones.

If this is the case this game just got a whole lot easier and a hell of a lot less frustrating as my new phone almost wound up thrown against a wall following countless games of Umbrellas.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #9
big red marino

Well I am thinking you lucked out cause this game is glitchy as all get up.

First off I have been doing brain training and brainage for the last two weeks and no achievement. Plus my scores are as follows:

Comparing Numbers - Universe (U)
Falling Numbers - U
Find the Same Kind - U
Fishing Frenzy - U
How Many Balls - SS
Line Up - U
Memorize - SS
Suspect - SS
Umbrellas - Mountain
What is This? - SS
Combine Blocks - SS
Where is the Meat? - U
Sort Out Food - SS
Pest Control - SS
Classify the Creature - SS

That is six U's, 8 SS's, and 1 Mountain. Also, assuming base values of 155, 150, 145. I have the same score of 2275 over the fifteen games for an average of 151.667 per game. Thus, an average rank of Solar System. But no joy.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #10
big red marino

Well I just went back and played sort out food cause I thought I could get Universe since you did...anyway...I only got 153, I don't know how cause I was perfect...anyway....achievement unlocked. Thanks for the insight cause umbrella was pissing me off as I could not even get Earth/over 140. So maybe it is an average of your score...Maybe I only got 150 on it last time.

p.s. People may wonder about my Solar System on Pest Control. Yes this is frustrating as hell. However, what I can tell you is that I used my finger print area instead of my finger tip. Basically cover the entire square that contained the bug. I was basically perfect and was able to get the 4 that come up when you do a good run. Sorry no stats...I was so excited that I continued onto my score.

Finally for the LOBE achievements where you must reach a score of 100 for each individually and then all of them. This must be accumulated from your brain training awards where you get two to three points per lobe area after your training. You are able check this under your profile on the second tab that looks like a clip board.

Anyone know what the brain picture is...the last tab with a percentage symbol on it?

Last edited by big red marino; 12-03-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
Harrison Drake

Glad to hear you got it too. This might be confirmed then and not just a glitch.

I have no idea what the brain is... the more I do the more white lines and circles appear but it makes little sense to me... perhaps how much of our brains we have used?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #12
big red marino

So you think that the brain picture has changed over time? I will have to keep a closer eye on it.

Also, on my 7 consecutive days achievement...it popped when I beat my owns training score. Although I had play for like 14+ consecutive days.

Last edited by big red marino; 12-07-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
JB x360a

JB x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by big red marino View Post
Well I just went back and played sort out food cause I thought I could get Universe since you did...anyway...I only got 153, I don't know how cause I was perfect...anyway....achievement unlocked. Thanks for the insight cause umbrella was pissing me off as I could not even get Earth/over 140. So maybe it is an average of your score...Maybe I only got 150 on it last time.

p.s. People may wonder about my Solar System on Pest Control. Yes this is frustrating as hell. However, what I can tell you is that I used my finger print area instead of my finger tip. Basically cover the entire square that contained the bug. I was basically perfect and was able to get the 4 that come up when you do a good run. Sorry no stats...I was so excited that I continued onto my score.

Finally for the LOBE achievements where you must reach a score of 100 for each individually and then all of them. This must be accumulated from your brain training awards where you get two to three points per lobe area after your training. You are able check this under your profile on the second tab that looks like a clip board.

Anyone know what the brain picture is...the last tab with a percentage symbol on it?
Just to confirm this has worked for me too, i thought i had solar system rank on umbrellas but didn't managed to get solar on pest control some how and went back and replayed some games to increase score. I am everything seemed to unlock when i hit about 2275 total points. and i only had 138 on umbrellas.

Now just got to see if i can remember to train 30 days in a row, this is glitchy i think possibly you need to do it at roughly the same time every day.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #14
big red marino

Again, my 7 day finally popped after beating my training score - even though I was at about 14 consecutive days. Hopefully, the 30 day one is not bugged the same way cause I now have a 474 as a high score. Which means I will have to almost be perfect on three consecutive games to beat it. I will update as I get closer.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:11 AM   #15
stevivor

Send a message via MSN to stevivor

stevivor's Gamercard
If you suck at Sudoku, just go to http://www.sudoku-solutions.com/ and fill in the values for the squares you already have.

http://www.stevivor.com - yay, shamless self-promotion!
stevivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:15 AM   #16
Harrison Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevivor View Post
If you suck at Sudoku, just go to http://www.sudoku-solutions.com/ and fill in the values for the squares you already have.
Wow. That's kind of cool and I do realize this site is dedicated to finding the easiest and fastest way to get achievements but dumbing down a game designed to test and increase one's mental acuity seems wrong on a whole lot of levels!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #17
big red marino

AARRRRRGGHHH! This phone is so frustrating...it reminds me to to play Brain Age for 27 days then all of the sudden decides not too. So now I have to start all over again.

I am sick of this. I am going to try and move the dates forward on my phone.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #18
eastx

Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Any advice for Umbrellas? I can't get my score high enough in that game for the rest of my scores to balance it out...

Edit: Got my score up to 140 and that was high enough. Phew!

Last edited by eastx; 09-18-2011 at 06:22 AM.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #19
Kairi
Moderator / Spam Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org More Brain Exercise Achievement Guide

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Watch me fault her. You're living like a disaster. She said "Kill me faster with strawberry gashes all over"
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote