PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Mafia 2 > Joe's Adventures
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Wraithdagger

Wraithdagger12's Gamercard
Drifting?

Best place (I used the factory east of Joe's apartment)
Best vehicle (I used a fully upgraded Shubert Frigate)
Best method (See below)

Map for location I used:

Gogo.

Last edited by Wraithdagger; 11-26-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Wraithdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
Cobalt Blue

FreakerDelle's Gamercard
- The street on the top right corner of the map that leads to the place where the greasers are hanging out (or any other long emtpy stretch).

- A fully tuned Ascot Bailey or Dezilia Grandeamerica. I did it with the latter one but it might be easier with the AB because it's not so overpowered. Other light and powerful cars should work aswell.

- Keep your car at about 20-30 mph and then quickly turn the wheel left and right again and again. What you want to happen is that your car tilts close to a 90 degree angle and then quickly shift back and to a 90 degree angle on the other side. Do this a few times and you have your 200 points.
It takes a little practice not to oversteer your car and to keep a flow because if your not scoring for only a short time your points get booked.

Last edited by Cobalt Blue; 11-26-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Cobalt Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
Wraithdagger

Wraithdagger12's Gamercard
THANK YOU. I finally got this BS achievement. I actually got it in my Level 3 Shubert Frigate. Did it at the uh... I think it's a factory area east of Joe's apartment. Fairly wide open area from across the street into the northern part of the factory itself. Never wanna do this again.
Wraithdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:45 AM   #4
billjones0302

billjones0302's Gamercard
Now, I am humbled! I attempted this achievement on several occassions, used a variety of cars (Shubert, AB, etc.), and different road conditions (snow, wet, dry) without success. My son watched me, and asked to try. Handed him the controller and he unlocked it on the first go. The Shubert on dry pavement and he made it look easy. I guess I should consider gaming retirement!
billjones0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
Thomas Irwin

Thomas Irwin's Gamercard
A fairly easy way I found to unlock this was to grab a Smith Thunderbolt, and head to the paved area of the docks close to the road. Start at the far left end, as viewed from the street, get up a modest amount of speed and - as stated in other threads - just start fishtailing widely from side to side. No need to upgrade this particular car; and more than enough space here in which to achieve this.
Thomas Irwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
Almsivi

Send a message via MSN to Almsivi

ArmedWithDanger's Gamercard
I found this achievement rather easy actually - just grab any one of the faster cars, like the Shubert Frigate like mentioned above, (I used a Roller GL since I have the dlc), start any mission and go to Empire Park's most down left part - here's a link to what I'm talking about :

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=285578
Almsivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:28 AM   #7
TizZle xR
Banned User

TizZle xR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almsivi View Post
I found this achievement rather easy actually - just grab any one of the faster cars, like the Shubert Frigate like mentioned above, (I used a Roller GL since I have the dlc), start any mission and go to Empire Park's most down left part - here's a link to what I'm talking about :

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=285578
I did it this way, except down by the docks.
TizZle xR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #8
BigTymer2047

Send a message via AIM to BigTymer2047

Bigtymer2047's Gamercard
Thanks, man. This helped. This was one of the stupidest achs I've gotten. Waste of time!
BigTymer2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
I cant believe they call this drifting, you cant drift in this game, not properly anyway> It’s more like uncontrolled skidding. Anyway, simply turn driving mode to simulation and you should have no trouble scoring a 200 point “drift”.

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #10
ServeChilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Irwin View Post
A fairly easy way I found to unlock this was to grab a Smith Thunderbolt, and head to the paved area of the docks close to the road. Start at the far left end, as viewed from the street, get up a modest amount of speed and - as stated in other threads - just start fishtailing widely from side to side. No need to upgrade this particular car; and more than enough space here in which to achieve this.

Same, tho I did have a level 3 sherbet(vette)

"For Those About To Rock"

ServeChilled is offline   Reply With Quote