PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shmup > DoDonPachi Dai-Fukkatsu
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
The Stray
 
The Stray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,047

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Black Label Announced!

It seems CAVE have announced a retail version of DDP Res./Dai. Black Label (as well as DLC for ver. 1.5), and it kinda mixes in DDP with Ketsui (as seen in the vid.), release is set on 2/3/11 with the DLC priced at 1200MSP/$15USD, while the retail port will cost around about $50-60USD.

__________________

Sig by Setsuna
The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Azrael008uk
 
Azrael008uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 703

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
Actually the DLC is on the dashboard now for 800 MSP.

Only thing being is it offers the "Black Label" version but no achievements for it.

And... nothing you achieve in the "Black Label" version will count. You need to be playing the regular game for your achievements.

Az
__________________

pixels
Azrael008uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
Tromav
 
Tromav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 126

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
Thanks for the info Azrael, just got the game today and was wondering if the DLC has achievements too.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Azrael008uk
 
Azrael008uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 703

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
My first impression is that there aren't achievements built into the DLC. It comes with the disclaimer saying you have to get your achievements in standard mode.

Az
__________________

pixels
Azrael008uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
neo consumer
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael008uk View Post
My first impression is that there aren't achievements built into the DLC. It comes with the disclaimer saying you have to get your achievements in standard mode.

Az
There are for Black Label, not for 1.51.
neo consumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #6
Tromav
 
Tromav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 126

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
It says 60 achievements so are they all exactly same as the JP version with the dlc giving an extra 250? I thought there was a secret achievement in the JP version for letting a hyper item fall off the screen, but it didn't unlock when I tried that in this version.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #7
neo consumer
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromav View Post
It says 60 achievements so are they all exactly same as the JP version with the dlc giving an extra 250? I thought there was a secret achievement in the JP version for letting a hyper item fall off the screen, but it didn't unlock when I tried that in this version.
Dunno, ain't got a clue what the japanese ones say lol.
neo consumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:03 AM   #8
Tromav
 
Tromav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 126

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
There's an english achievement guide for the JP version on a shmup site, I'll have a look for it.

EDIT: Found it, excellent site with cheev guides for most of the JP exclusive shmups:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/elixir68k/19990103

Last edited by Tromav; 11-04-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
neo consumer
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromav View Post
There's an english achievement guide for the JP version on a shmup site, I'll have a look for it.

EDIT: Found it, excellent site with cheev guides for most of the JP exclusive shmups:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/elixir68k/19990103
Thanks, will come in handy.
neo consumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
Tromav
 
Tromav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 126

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
I've been getting the secret achievements from that guide so I think they are exactly the same achievements for the JP and EU versions. One of the hardest shmup games for achievements for me I think I'm only gonna get about 400 in this.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
Azrael008uk
 
Azrael008uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 703

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
Well the game arrived today and I've downloaded the Black Label DLC and the 1.51 DLC.

I gave Black Label a go and unlocked 2 achievements in that mode.

I know one of them was "Red Guage Max" but I'm unsure if the other one was "Activate Hyper" or "Bee Completion".

There appear to be 60 achievemenst for a total of 1250, so I believe the Black Label DLC adds 250 achievements.

I'd certainly like to know which ones you get from which modes.

Really fun game. I'm only just starting to twig on to how the 'Bullet Cancel' technique works.

I used to describe "Deathsmiles" as "R-Type on Crack" but after playing this I'd have to describe "Dodonpachi" as "Deathsmiles on Crack".

Az
__________________

pixels
Azrael008uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #12
Tromav
 
Tromav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 126

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael008uk View Post
Well the game arrived today and I've downloaded the Black Label DLC and the 1.51 DLC.

I gave Black Label a go and unlocked 2 achievements in that mode.

I know one of them was "Red Guage Max" but I'm unsure if the other one was "Activate Hyper" or "Bee Completion".

There appear to be 60 achievemenst for a total of 1250, so I believe the Black Label DLC adds 250 achievements.

I'd certainly like to know which ones you get from which modes.

Really fun game. I'm only just starting to twig on to how the 'Bullet Cancel' technique works.

I used to describe "Deathsmiles" as "R-Type on Crack" but after playing this I'd have to describe "Dodonpachi" as "Deathsmiles on Crack".

Az
Check the guide I posted above for info on what unlocks in what mode and for the secret achievements.

The DLC adds 10 achievements for 250, so the last 10 in DDPR's achievement list are for Black Label. Not sure if there is a guide for these ones though.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #13
The Stray
 
The Stray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,047

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael008uk View Post
Actually the DLC is on the dashboard now for 800 MSP on the EU Marketplace.
Fixed that for you, but you guys know that this announcement was for the JP port a while back, so take it as you will.
__________________

Sig by Setsuna
The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #14
neo consumer
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stray View Post
Fixed that for you, but you guys know that this announcement was for the JP port a while back, so take it as you will.
The date did kind of give it away lol. They really do need to start giving different region games their own forum, rather than merging them.
neo consumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:02 AM   #15
yamayamayaamaa
 
yamayamayaamaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SO CAL (BY THE BEACH)
Posts: 1,978
Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Is this worth getting for 800 MSP? Any easy achievements?

Since I have both versions (EU & JP), can I use the DLC on both versions or do I have to buy them separately for each region?
__________________
-- m --`


yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #16
Helg0r
 
Helg0r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 485

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamayamayaamaa View Post
Is this worth getting for 800 MSP? Any easy achievements?

Since I have both versions (EU & JP), can I use the DLC on both versions or do I have to buy them separately for each region?
6 very easy attainable achievements that are worth 50G
2 rather hard achievements worth 50G
2 almost impossible achievements worth 150G

I highly doubt that the DLC will work with both versions...

...and is it worth 800MSP? Well you get one new game-mode which in my opinion is more fun to play than the regular modes but the difficulty is just overdone _o
__________________


Seringue Absorption Torture Alienation Nihilism
e
Helg0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #17
yamayamayaamaa
 
yamayamayaamaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SO CAL (BY THE BEACH)
Posts: 1,978
Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helg0r View Post
6 very easy attainable achievements that are worth 50G
2 rather hard achievements worth 50G
2 almost impossible achievements worth 150G

I highly doubt that the DLC will work with both versions...

...and is it worth 800MSP? Well you get one new game-mode which in my opinion is more fun to play than the regular modes but the difficulty is just overdone _o
I bought it just for the 6 easy achievements and to support the genre lol...

I'll try it on the JP version when I start it.

Edit: I can confirm the EU DLC doesn't work with the JP DLC lol...

Edit again: Kind of bullshit that the JP one costs 1200 MSP and the EU cost only 800... Oh well.
__________________
-- m --`



Last edited by yamayamayaamaa; 01-23-2012 at 06:21 AM.
yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:55 AM.