PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men: The Official Game
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
Roadmap needs to be corrected.

The roadmap for this game is wrong in stating that difficulty does not affect achievements, it most certainly does so! You can only get 100% if you play most missions through on the hardest difficulty!

I bought this game based on the roadmap claiming it could be done in 5-10 hours, which is a total stretch of the truth and that difficulty doesnít affect achievements! Luckily I only spent 5 bucks on it or Iíd be pretty pissed off!

You guys really need to get a better census of opinions on roadmaps before you post them. Time and time again I see outrageous statements about time or difficulty to play a game being posted. I think some of you guys are simply to egocentric to admit it took you longer to play a game or had more difficulty than you did!

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
forgottennn
Banned User

you can beat the game on easy or w/e then go back to the ones you need to do on the hardest and your done,
forgottennn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
industrial

ADM Obvious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaptheChaos View Post
You guys really need to get a better census of opinions on roadmaps before you post them. Time and time again I see outrageous statements about time or difficulty to play a game being posted. I think some of you guys are simply to egocentric to admit it took you longer to play a game or had more difficulty than you did!
I completely agree with you there. If you are used to playing Halo on legendary or Call of Duty on veteran, then yes, other games will be easy. But for a large number of people, playing ANY game on the hardest difficulty is very hard and frustrating.

industrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
Xiados

Send a message via AIM to Xiados Send a message via Skype™ to Xiados

Atelier Xiados's Gamercard
A) Going through on easy gets you mutation genes. Letting you upgrade. Then you could work up to Hero and then Superhero! I think it also lists this game as 5-10 hours for this reason.

B) Get the collectible stuff on easy.

C) Some things are easier than others. I started playing this and Nightcrawler is so- damn- easy to play as. You teleport around so much you can almost guarantee you don't get hit. If you need to, practice the character to get used to what they do.

I don't think I'm the best at games, far from it. But I consistently put as much effort as possible into playing. I've lost a few missions so far, but haven't given up and will see this game through to the end.

So while yes, the difficulty does effect achievements, but come on... If you had been that concerned over how hard getting them are, look at the achievement list and check to make sure of it. Difficulty doesn't always determine how difficult the achievements will actually be for some people.

Soon:
Etrian Odyssey IV. Tomb Raider. The Walking Dead.
Xiados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This game is a 5 / 10 for difficulty. Yeah, if you attempt SH to start with you will probably struggle, but playing on novice / hero first (and in fact some levels don't even require SH to be played at all) will give you the boost you need to replay levels you struggled on earlier.

However, yes, the OP is right. Difficulty does affect achievements, so this road map does need correcting.

Join Now!

Completed Games - [70] - Retail [54] - Arcade [16]:
**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
LoTR: War in the North
Batman Arkham City (+CW DLC)
Track n Field
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Dark Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.
Wortsenawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:02 AM   #6
Mr Rodster

Mr Rodster's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
5-10 hours is a ludicrous estimate. Maybe, just maybe, somebody could 1k it in 5, but most are going to exceed the 10 hour mark. Why do roadmap authors so often miss this badly?
Mr Rodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:58 AM   #7
Corrupt.
Guide Team High Council

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 45 (more» ...)
It took me around 12 hours in total, kept on going back to it to get it finished. It probably would have been quicker if I did it all in one sitting, so I would probably agree with the roadmap...
Old 04-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #8
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiados View Post
...So while yes, the difficulty does effect achievements, but come on... If you had been that concerned over how hard getting them are, look at the achievement list and check to make sure of it. Difficulty doesn't always determine how difficult the achievements will actually be for some people.

The whole point of a roadmap is supposed to be a brief synopsis of the game where you can find the basics on getting the full 1000 points. Things like how easy they are, how long they take, can you play it on easy or will you need to play on hard and are there glitched, missable or online achievements. They’re supposed to be used so you don’t have to read each achievements description along with hundreds of forum posts to get an idea if the game is something you want to play.

I made this post two years ago and I have since learned not to trust the roadmaps. Be that as it may, it still upsets me that I’m stuck with this game on my list because the writer of that roadmap made an error that should have never been made in regard to the games difficulty setting affecting achievements. That one tidbit of information would have probably kept me from ever putting this game in my Xbox.

At the very least, had I known that difficulty DID affect achievements, I would have come to the forum and seen what others had to say. You may have found this game easy, but this forum is littered with post after post of people complaining about its difficulty and less than half ever finished it.

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!

Last edited by ReaptheChaos; 04-09-2012 at 12:40 AM.
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
Draznar

Send a message via MSN to Draznar

Draznar's Gamercard
I couldn't agree with the OP more. There is so many basement dwellers who do nothing but sit around playing video games all day so naturally, games will be easy.

I haven't tried this game yet, so I can't say I agree or disagree with your statements about this game specifically, but there has been other times I bought/rented a game rated as like, a 3 or 4 when it was actually a 7 or 8.
Draznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #10
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I updated the Roadmap to reflect your concerns and raised the difficulty to 7 - it seems there was an issue about that as well.
Thanks!
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
STLfan2468

STLfan2468's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
7/10 is a good rating for this game. Having checkpoints in this game would make it a 4/10, but clearly there are none.