Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Halo: Reach Anniversary DLC Achievement Guide/Roadmap

Halo Reach Anniversary DLC Achievement Guide and Roadmap

While most of these achievements are self explanatory, I suggest at least reading the overview and the first 4 or 5 anniversary achievements to save yourself as much time as possible and do this economically. This is only my second guide as far as I recall and as always, suggestions for improvement are welcome.

You must load the multiplayer from the CEA disk once before the new achievements show up in Reach, or if you didn't buy CEA you'll have download the Anniversary maps for the achievements to show up, even the Defiant ones. All 10 of these achievements ARE DLC specific; they cannot be attained in custom games.

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 8/10 Legit, 3/10 boosted (due to map/gametype combination randomness for boosting and legit difficulty of Don't Touch That!)
-Offline: 0 (0)
-Online: 10(300)
-Approximate amount of time to 300: 10-20+hrs legit, 3-6+ hrs boosted
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: none
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: n/a
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: n/a
-Glitchy achievements: 3 - Defiant achievements require BOTH Defiant and Anniversary map pack to unlock
-Unobtainable achievements: none

- Number of players needed: 8 players or 2 with 4 controllers each for most, 16 players or four with four controllers each for Big Team Battle (easiest way to get 5 vehicle kills). You could also do 12 players to play Infection specifically for the Defiant achievement rather than hoping it comes up in 8-man FFA games. The Anniversary Infection achievement can be done either FFA or Infection, honestly, but you have to do Anniversary FFA for Headhunter, so you may as well do it there too.

Boosting overview: Before you start have one person delete the Noble map pack to avoid those maps. The easiest way for the majority of these achievements will be with one partner, each of you having four controllers. While this means that you may get a temporary credit ban, you may want to do it at least for the Anniversary Infection and Headhunter ones to save time overall. That choice is yours. Having a full party of 8 players to do the Headhunter and 8 to 12 players to do Infection (depending on FFA or Infection playlist), will make these achievements, ESPECIALLY the Headhunter one, take much more time.

The achievements are grouped in the order you may best be able to attain them. If you can get 16 players and/or guests in a BTB Slayer game and have jetpacks as a loadout too, you can knock out the first 4 achievements in one game if you're organized and don't waste time by pairing off in duos to boost each other.

Note** Suggested method is to do the Anniversary playlist first to finish all the Anniversary achievements, then have one person delete the Anniversary map pack so those maps won’t come up, meaning you will get Defiant maps more often. It has been confirmed that as long as you have purchased the Anniversary maps, you don't need them on your HDD to unlock the Defiant achievements:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausherra View Post
If you're having issues finding certain maps (like for the defiant achievements) I can confirm that so long as you have bought the anniversary maps (and to be safe, already have some achievements from them) you can safely delete both the anniversary and noble map packs to get only Defiant maps showing up, and still unlock achievements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Don't take away our ability to test drive the cheese!

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 11-17-2011 at 11:28 AM.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
lifeexpectancy

License to Kill – 15
Anniversary: Ran over 5 people with a vehicle in a matchmade game.

Although I believe there are potential maps and playlists in 4 vs 4 for vehicles, the easiest way to get this one is to simply get 16 people and/or guest controllers in a lobby and play the Anniversary BTB playlist. You will be guaranteed to get a map with vehicles your first game this way. Also you could combine some of the other Anniversary achievements with this one to save time later such as Top Shot, From Hell’s Heart, and Dive Bomber in a BTB Slayer game with jetpack loadouts.

DaRaxor has an alternative for those that can't get enough people together for BTB:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxor View Post
Here is a tip for anyone who still needs the 5 vehicle kills in a row and only has 8 players. Try the team snipers playlist and wait for ridgeline to come up as that has mongooses on it. It might be easier than trying to get more players together to do BTB.
Dive Bomber – 50
Anniversary: Performed a Beat Down on an enemy while using the Jetpack during a matchmade game.

Get behind a player, press AND HOLD jetpack, and immediately TAP (do not hold) melee, to perform a beat-down assassination, NOT an animation assassination. This unlocked it for all 8 of our boosters. Do not melee from the front or side. That is a pummel. A beat down is a melee kill from behind without the animation. When you see the ninja medal (for the 'beatdown') and firebird medals at the same time, you've done it right. This achievement should be combined with From Hell's Heart and Top Shot, in a 4 v 4 slayer game or Free for All (FFA) Slayer, or those two plus License to Kill in BTB Slayer.

Top Shot – 50
Anniversary: Earned 3 headshots in a row in a matchmade game.

Melee opponent, shoot in head. Repeat two more times. The headshot kills must be consecutive. This achievement should be combined with From Hell's Heart and Dive Bomber in a 4 v 4 slayer game or FFA Slayer, or those two plus License to Kill in BTB Slayer. This cannot be done in Infection, according to reports.

From Hell’s Heart – 25
Anniversary: Killed an enemy with their own grenade that was stuck to you in a matchmade game.

Have an opponent stick you and stand next to you till you both die. This achievement should be combined with Top Shot and Dive Bomber in a 4 v 4 slayer game or FFA Slayer, or those two plus License to Kill in BTB Slayer. Failing that, you can pick it up when doing Stick it to the Man! in a Team Objective CTF game.

Stick it to the Man! – 20
Anniversary: Killed the flag carrier with a Plasma Grenade in a matchmade game.

Have opponent pick up the flag in a 4 vs 4 Team Objective game in the Anniversary Playlist. Stick them. If they need From Hell’s Heart, stand next to them too. Can be done in your BTB game as well. if you wind up doing BTB CTF instead of BTB Slayer and doing achieves in a different grouping. Can't be combined with Dive Bomber as Jetpack isn't available in objective games.

Bounty Hunter – 75
Anniversary: Captured 10 skulls at once in a matchmade Headhunter game.

This cannot be done in multi-team Headhunter games. Play the Anniversary FFA playlist for this and Emergency Room. If Infection comes up, do Emergency Room, if Headhunter Comes up, do this one. You must be holding 10 skulls at once and score them, getting a Skullamanjaro medal and this achievement simultaneously, which will also end the match. According to fellow x360a member Acoustic Can, multiple people can get this at once with a little planning, even though it ends the match:

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustic can View Post
Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out yet, but multiple people CAN get the headhunter achievement at the same time. Just have everyone who needs the achievement get 10 skulls and then watch where the scoring 'hills' spawn. Once everyone gets 10 skulls, they all need to stand on top of one of the inactive hill spawns and wait for that hill to come up; once it does, everyone will get a Skullamanjaro medal and the achievement.

This method takes a while because it requires a lot of killing, so I'd suggest only doing it if you're not boosting with a full party of 8, but it's definitely faster than trying to get headhunter to come up multiple times.
Emergency Room – 15
Anniversary: Infected 3 players in a single round in a matchmade Infection game.

This can be done in Infection, but that requires 12 players. Better to play Anniversary FFA and look for Infection and Bounty Hunter for these two achievements. There are multiple rounds in Infection though, so it’s not as bad to have multiple boosters as it is for Bounty Hunter. Simply start as a zombie or have someone infect you, then infect three humans during a single round.

******The following 3 achievements require BOTH Defiant and Anniversary map packs to obtain******

Paper Beats Rock – 15
Defiant: Assassinated a player that has just exited Armor-Lock in a matchmade game.

Must be on a Defiant map and thus can’t be combined with the quick ones above. 4 vs 4 Team Slayer on Condemned seems to be the most common, but FFA Slayer works too. Have someone enter and exit armor lock (it doesn’t have to run out). Then just tap melee to 'assassinate' them, even though according to the Anniversary achievement this is only a beat-down and not an actual assassination. As far as I know holding melee to perform the animation assassination works too, but this is how our boosting group did it.

All Alone – 10
Defiant: Was the last surviving uninfected player in a matchmade Infection game.

Can be done either in the Infection playlist or in FFA if Infection comes up as an option, but MUST be done on a Defiant map. We did this one on Condemned as well. Hope you start off as a human and be the last man standing. As there are multiple rounds, there will be multiple 'last man standing' awarded, so multiple people can unlock this in one game, but not everyone. Return the favor to your boosting buddies.

Don’t Touch That! – 25
Defiant: Prevented the attacking team from touching the flag in a matchmade 1-flag CTF game.

Note the description. Do not play multiflag, 2-flag, or stockpile. You need a 1-flag CTF game on Condemned in the 4 vs 4 Team Objective playlist. Make sure EVERYONE in your boosting group understands that NO ONE can even so much as pick up the flag AT ANY TIME during the game. If anyone even picks up the flag once during any of the 4 rounds, the opposing team will not get the achievement. This doesn’t mean scoring. We didn’t test it but presumably even picking up the flag a single time voids it. All players should unlock the achievement at the end of the game.

This achievement is by far the hardest to get legit, and borderline impossible unless you have people quit out on the other team and you spawn camp the last man or two, or the other team is complete garbage. To get legit you would a: need to get lucky enough to get Condemned, b: need to get even luckier and get 1-flag CTF as an option, c: get even luckier to have enough people vote for it, and d: get the coup de grace of luck by having the other team completely suck at Halo while also having your team play well or have a couple opponents quit at the start and camp the remaining players. Good luck with that non boosters.

Quote:

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 11-18-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
3sixty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
Paper Beats Rock – 15
Defiant: Assassinated a player that has just exited Armor-Lock in a matchmade game. – Must be on a Defiant map and thus can’t be combined with the quick ones above. 4 vs 4 Team Slayer on Damnation seems to be the most common. Have someone enter and exit armor lock (it doesn’t have to run out). Then just tap melee to assassinate them. This does not have to be the new animation-assassination. A simple ninja-mask melee/beatdown assassination works fine.
Damnation isn't a Defiant map, which playlist did you do this in?
3sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
lifeexpectancy

Sorry I need to go back and look. We did Team Slayer as armor lock I don't believe is available in Team Objective. I'll edit it with the right map for Team Slayer. It's the smaller of the two Defiant matchmaking maps.

Edit: Condemned.... that's why I got confused, condemned, damnation, so similar! I can't even remember if damnation is a Halo map off the top of my head lol.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
3sixty

Quote:
Sorry I need to go back and look. We did Team Slayer as armor lock I don't believe is available in Team Objective. I'll edit it with the right map for Team Slayer. It's the smaller of the two Defiant matchmaking maps.

Edit: Condemned.... that's why I got confused, condemned, damnation, so similar! I can't even remember if damnation is a Halo map off the top of my head lol.
Yeah, it's an Anniversary map now called Penance.
3sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
lifeexpectancy

Main post edited, all occurences of Damnation should be removed now. Tidied up a bit too and linked the first 4 achievements together. Guide is now complete so far as I can tell.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
ShadowNeo

I'm having some issues with the 1-Flag Defiant Achievement; I have played 1-Flag CTF AND 1-Flag Pro on Condemned but it hasn't unlocked. Does everyone in the party need to have the Anniversary map code redeemed?
ShadowNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
Nutmeg

So now the new DLC achievements require to be done on specific maps? What a dick move.
Nutmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNeo View Post
I'm having some issues with the 1-Flag Defiant Achievement; I have played 1-Flag CTF AND 1-Flag Pro on Condemned but it hasn't unlocked. Does everyone in the party need to have the Anniversary map code redeemed?
No, the first time we did it 2 of us didn't have the Anniversary Map code redeemed. Six players got the achievement and the other 2 didn't. As long as you personally have redeemed your code started downloading the Anniversary maps, it should unlock. *You may have to actually have the Anniversary maps on your HDD though, this is as yet unconfirmed.*

If you've done this, than odds are at least one player picked up the flag at at least one point during the game. Keep in mind as the guide states, the flag doesn't have to be scored. You're not just shutting them out to zero points (easy) you're keeping them from even so much as picking up the flag a single time (ridiculous).

Our assumption in my boosting party is that they did this to stop people from giving their Anniversary code to a friend and using their CE disc to play them, lol. Conspiracy theorists, I guess.

Quote:

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 11-15-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #10
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
If you were boosting, assuming all 8 (or however many) people you have boosting with you... wouldn't this make getting achievements a 1/10 on the difficulty curve??
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #11
SavageD49

savaged49's Gamercard
Ok I have a few questions

1. Can you get the anniversary achievements on the CE disc since its using those maps and the reach multilayer.

2. Do you know if the CE disc allows you access to your other Reach DLC's
SavageD49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #12
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
If you were boosting, assuming all 8 (or however many) people you have boosting with you... wouldn't this make getting achievements a 1/10 on the difficulty curve??
No, because it can take forever to get the right gametype and map, especially for headhunter. Headhunter wouldn't be nearly as bad if it's just two of you with 4 controllers each, but for the group of us it took forever as we needed to keep playing Anniversary FFA until HH came up once for each person and this was a royal PITA. That's why I said what I did under the difficulty description. The annoying nature of needing a rare gametype will lead to some less dedicated boosters quitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageD49 View Post
Ok I have a few questions

1. Can you get the anniversary achievements on the CE disc since its using those maps and the reach multilayer.

2. Do you know if the CE disc allows you access to your other Reach DLC's
1. Yes
2. No it only allows you to play the Anniversary playlists and thus only Anniversary maps.

Quote:

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 11-15-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #13
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
What playlist or gametype can you get armor lock on with 4v4 all guests?

By the if your boosting you cannot play team slayer with both teams with 3 guests so what do we do?

Waiting for: Rare Games in making Viva Pinata, Banjo Kazooie, Kameo?
Lucasarts: Please add the Hoth DLC achievements for Force Unleashed
Aqua18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #14
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
While I agree with you on the annoying and time consuming aspect you are referring to, this does not increase the difficulty any. If you are in a boosting party and are going (example) for 3 straight head shots... everyone is aware of that. It's still a 1/10. I don't think a difficulty meter should take into consideration the time spent, thats what your "Estimated Time of Completion" is for.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #15
lifeexpectancy

By that logic Star Ocean would be considered like a 4/10 at best. But I doubt you'll find anyone that agrees with you that a 350+ hour game is a 4/10 difficulty. I'll downgrade it to a 3 but in my opinion, the frustration alone is worth that rating. A 1/10 is 'push start to play' type achievements.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #16
Nutmeg

What about License to Kill? Can this be done not in BTB? Does it have to be a spree or just 5 kills in a match?
Nutmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #17
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutmeg View Post
What about License to Kill? Can this be done not in BTB? Does it have to be a spree or just 5 kills in a match?
I got it in Anniversary BTB, think it was just a normal slayer match.
No, it doesn't have to be 5 splats in one life, thank God. Just a total of 5 splats in the whole match.
BanditBanks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #18
lifeexpectancy

There is no reason you can't play 4v4 team slayer with 2 people using 4 controllers each.

I don't know of any maps that have 4v4 games with vehicles for License to Kill but I'm sure there's at least one. This is just guaranteed with BTB which is why I suggest it. You could always boost eveything else with 8 players and get it later legit in BTB, since it's one of the easier ones to do legit. It's not a spree, just 5 splatters the entire game.

Quote:

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 11-15-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
Lord Yamikage

lord yamikage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
An advise.

Could you separate the achievement description and the method to get the achievement? I know you used the dash (-) to do it, but as many guides do, space between do great job. It'll be easy to read where the description of the achievements end, and where the step of getting the achievements began.

P.S. Great job on the guide, and love all the info! Thank you!

The Forums Rules
[Read the Rules before posting!!]
[LINK]

Infraction!! Read it!!
[Read the Infraction "list" for obvious reason!![LINK]

Don't like the rules? Go report it to Admin.

Lord Yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #20
Gothikaspawn

gothikaspawn's Gamercard
Can't get any achievements to unlock at all, I have downloaded the maps with the code. I went into an Infection game, infected 3 people in 1 round, was last man standing and got 3 headshots in a row. Nothing.

Yay! Any ideas anyone?

EDIT: Nvm sorry me being stupid, has to be on Defiant/Anniv

Last edited by Gothikaspawn; 11-15-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Gothikaspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #21
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
How do you get infection on Condemned I have played several and have had no luck in the ffa playlist or the infection playlist

Waiting for: Rare Games in making Viva Pinata, Banjo Kazooie, Kameo?
Lucasarts: Please add the Hoth DLC achievements for Force Unleashed
Aqua18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #22
sk83rty

Send a message via AIM to sk83rty Send a message via Skype™ to sk83rty

Host Change's Gamercard
Are the achievements DLC specific? Previously (with the first two map packs on Reach) you could do all the MP achievements on pretty much any map with the correct gametype. I tried to do Top Shot like this (loaded up SWAT) and I got 3 headshots without missing a bullet. No achievement. Does this have to be done in the Anniversary playlist?
Arcade: 14
sk83rty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #23
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
It may be important to note that the 3 headshots in a row achievement, cannot be attained in a zombie game.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #24
mderwinski

JUSTlFlABLE's Gamercard
Thanks for your help on this guide
mderwinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #25
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua18 View Post
How do you get infection on Condemned I have played several and have had no luck in the ffa playlist or the infection playlist

Ahh someone has discovered the annoyance of map specific achievements. If even one person in the game lobby is missing the map pack, those maps will not come up as an option, ever. There are a LOT off people that never bought Defiant.

Re: separating descriptions from method with a space - sure, when I get in my computer again I'll do that.

Someone asked if they are DLC specific. I believe I answered that in the guide but yes, they are all DLC specific and the new Defiant ones require that you have purchased both DLC packs, Defiant AND Anniversary.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #26
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua18 View Post
What playlist or gametype can you get armor lock on with 4v4 all guests?

By the if your boosting you cannot play team slayer with both teams with 3 guests so what do we do?
^^ this. It's my last achievement and after 6 hours we didn't find one map that had armour lock on a defiant map. It's bullshit; there are only 1 or 2 maps and they removed armour lock from nearly every playlist available!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #27
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the action frampton View Post
^^ this. It's my last achievement and after 6 hours we didn't find one map that had armour lock on a defiant map. It's bullshit; there are only 1 or 2 maps and they removed armour lock from nearly every playlist available!
If you're playing objective, that's your problem. Or if you're playing with randoms, that can be a problem too. A LOT of people in MM that aren't boosters never bought the Defiant pack.

Play Slayer gametypes man, you'll get it. We got it our first time we played Slayer on Condemned. Just make sure you don't accidentally vote for Classic or Pro variants.

Quote:

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 11-16-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #28
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
Quote:
If you're playing objective, that's your problem. Or if you're playing with randoms, that can be a problem too. A LOT of people in MM that aren't boosters never bought the Defiant pack.

Play Slayer gametypes man, you'll get it. We got it our first time we played Slayer on Condemned. Just make sure you don't accidentally vote for Classic or Pro variants.
There were 3 of us boosting, so we weren't able to get into Team Slayer because the max local party size is 2. We tried Rumble Pit for a few hours, but no luck. I can see this achievement being a right bastard legit because, like you say, non boosters don't all have defiant map pack!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #29
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty:
-Offline: ()
-Online: ()
-Approximate amount of time to 300:
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed:
-Number of missable achievements:
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?:
-Does difficulty affect achievements?:
-Glitchy achievements:
-Unobtainable achievements:
-Extra equipment needed?:

This is how the roadmap should look. It will be much easier to read. Since it's DLC you can probably add a different thing instead of cheats and missables.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #30
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
you do not have to recover your gamertag for anything. i dont have CE and got the map packs and everything worked as soon as i started the game.