Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Reach
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
rbm92

METAL FIST DOOM's Gamercard
Defiant Map Pack Achievements File Share

To get the achievements, download these files and play them in a custom game. Use a second controller to get the respective achievements for each game type.

Return to Sender:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...x?fid=15148054

Candy from a Baby:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...x?fid=14838297

Crackin' Skulls:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...x?fid=15149389

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshieguy View Post
Download the 3 files previously mentioned (see my first two quotes). If your files aren't automatically shown in Active Transfers, go to the Xbox dashboard and reload Halo Reach. After you have downloaded the file(s) needed, go to Custom Game from the main menu and sign in a guest profile on a second Xbox controller (make sure that this player is NOT the same team color as you--change the team color if necessary).

RETURN TO SENDER 30:
In the Custom Game menu, select Game Type and choose 2 Flag Pro (one of the files you downloaded). Under "Map" choose Forge World>Asylum. Once the game starts, you will play as your guest account player. Run forward to the opposite side of the map and pick up the flag that belongs to the opposing team (your main profile). Use your main profile to kill your guest player, then stand close enough to the flag for it to be recovered. Play as your guest account again to repeat this method and the achievement will unlock after you have recovered the flag a second time with your main profile.

*Remember to stand near the flag to recover it. The game will not count a reset (flag left idle then "put back") as a recover*

CRACKIN' SKULLS 45:
In the Custom Game menu select Game Type and choose Oddball (the second file on your screen--the file that is NOT "built in"). Choose Forge World>Asylum as your map (or any other map of your choice). Play as your main profile and locate the skull on the map. Find your guest account player and kill him with the skull (using the melee button of your preferred control layout). If you're unsure of the layout:

Default & Bumper Jumper

Recon

Southpaw

Boxer

Green Thumb
button ("R3")

Find your guest account again and repeat this method two more times. The achievement will unlock after your third skull kill.

*You can try sprinting with your guest account to a location closer to where your main profile is to speed things up (or ask a friend to help with your second controller if possible)*

CANDY FROM A BABY 75:
In the Custom Game menu select Game Type and choose Stockpile (the second file on your screen--the file that is NOT "built in"). Choose Forge World>Asylum as your map (or any other map of your choice). Begin playing as your guest profile and find a flag. Once you find a flag, bring it to the guest's capture point (press to drop the flag; if you are using the Southpaw control layout). Use your main profile to take the flag out of the guest's capture point and return the flag to the main profile's side (do this before the game registers the guest's capture as a team point).

Make sure that the flag your main profile has captured registers as a game point for his team. Afterward, repeat the process again using your guest player to find and capture a second flag on the map, placing it in the guest's capture point and then stealing that flag with your main profile.

The achievement will unlock after the second flag that your main profile has stolen registers as a point in the game.

Is that better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by binda11 View Post
ok for all people having trouble doing this, follow my easy steps.

first click on the links at the begining of the post and then click download.
now put the halo reach game on. if the game is already loaded up and on the halo screen go back to dashboard as for some people the gamestypes do not download until you reboot up halo reach.

RETURN TO SENDER ACH 30G
sign a guest controller in. go to custom game lobby, select capture the flag then scroll right to select 2 FLAG PRO. select sword base as map. make sure guest controller is a different colour team to you. start game. using guest controller go and pick up the enemy flag and stop. using you profile kill the flag carrier. do it again ach unlocked easy.

CRACKIN' SKULLS 45G
same as before, custom lobby gametype oddball, scroll right pick oddball one at bottom. start game making sure both players are different teams. use'ing your profile grab the ball and kill the enemy 3 times, easy ach unlocked.

CANDY FROM A BABY 75G
this time gametype stockpile, scroll left, choose stockpile at bottom. using guest controller go an grab a flag and place it in the capture area of the guest controller. then using your profile go and steal it and stick it in your capture area. so this again and hey presto ach unlocked.

pretty damn easy, worked first time round for me.

Last edited by rbm92; 03-18-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: added instructions
rbm92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
binda11

KILLER BIN's Gamercard

now put the halo reach game on. if the game is already loaded up and on the halo screen go back to dashboard as for some people the gamestypes do not download until you reboot up halo reach.

RETURN TO SENDER ACH 30G
sign a guest controller in. go to custom game lobby, select capture the flag then scroll right to select 2 FLAG PRO. select sword base as map. make sure guest controller is a different colour team to you. start game. using guest controller go and pick up the enemy flag and stop. using you profile kill the flag carrier. do it again ach unlocked easy.

CRACKIN' SKULLS 45G
same as before, custom lobby gametype oddball, scroll right pick oddball one at bottom. start game making sure both players are different teams. use'ing your profile grab the ball and kill the enemy 3 times, easy ach unlocked.

CANDY FROM A BABY 75G
this time gametype stockpile, scroll left, choose stockpile at bottom. using guest controller go an grab a flag and place it in the capture area of the guest controller. then using your profile go and steal it and stick it in your capture area. so this again and hey presto ach unlocked.

binda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
theshieguy

theshieguy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbm92 View Post
To get the achievements, download these files and play them in a custom game. Use a second controller to get the respective achievements for each game type.

Return to Sender:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...x?fid=15148054

Candy from a Baby:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...x?fid=14838297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...ayer=Tylord824

That one is the Oddball gametype I used to get the achievement for myself and my friend.
These three files worked perfectly this morning. All 3 achievements unlocked. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binda11 View Post

RETURN TO SENDER ACH 30G

CRACKIN' SKULLS 45G

CANDY FROM A BABY 75G

OKAY, as awesome as this post was, half of it just confused me with the wording ("Do I kill the flag carrier, or does that game count if the flag's reset or do I HAVE to stand near the flag to recover it???????"). No offense. Let's make it...clearer:

Download the 3 files previously mentioned (see my first two quotes). If your files aren't automatically shown in Active Transfers, go to the Xbox dashboard and reload Halo Reach. After you have downloaded the file(s) needed, go to Custom Game from the main menu and sign in a guest profile on a second Xbox controller (make sure that this player is NOT the same team color as you--change the team color if necessary).

RETURN TO SENDER 30:
In the Custom Game menu, select Game Type and choose 2 Flag Pro (one of the files you downloaded). Under "Map" choose Forge World>Asylum. Once the game starts, you will play as your guest account player. Run forward to the opposite side of the map and pick up the flag that belongs to the opposing team (your main profile). Use your main profile to kill your guest player, then stand close enough to the flag for it to be recovered. Play as your guest account again to repeat this method and the achievement will unlock after you have recovered the flag a second time with your main profile.

*Remember to stand near the flag to recover it. The game will not count a reset (flag left idle then "put back") as a recover*

CRACKIN' SKULLS 45
:
In the Custom Game menu select Game Type and choose Oddball (the second file on your screen--the file that is NOT "built in"). Choose Forge World>Asylum as your map (or any other map of your choice). Play as your main profile and locate the skull on the map. Find your guest account player and kill him with the skull (using the melee button of your preferred control layout). If you're unsure of the layout:

Default & Bumper Jumper

Recon

Southpaw

Boxer

Green Thumb
button ("R3")

Find your guest account again and repeat this method two more times. The achievement will unlock after your third skull kill.

*You can try sprinting with your guest account to a location closer to where your main profile is to speed things up (or ask a friend to help with your second controller if possible)*

CANDY FROM A BABY 75:
In the Custom Game menu select Game Type and choose Stockpile (the second file on your screen--the file that is NOT "built in"). Choose Forge World>Asylum as your map (or any other map of your choice). Begin playing as your guest profile and find a flag. Once you find a flag, bring it to the guest's capture point (press to drop the flag; if you are using the Southpaw control layout). Use your main profile to take the flag out of the guest's capture point and return the flag to the main profile's side (do this before the game registers the guest's capture as a team point).

Make sure that the flag your main profile has captured registers as a game point for his team. Afterward, repeat the process again using your guest player to find and capture a second flag on the map, placing it in the guest's capture point and then stealing that flag with your main profile.

The achievement will unlock after the second flag that your main profile has stolen registers as a point in the game.

Is that better?
theshieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
threefiftyzzz

Threefiftyzzz's Gamercard
I downloaded the playlists and did them on countdown and I got 2/3 of them to work...the return to sender didn't work for me for some reason...any ideas.?

EDIT: lol nvm...I had already unlocked it but forgot to check it off on the website...

Last edited by threefiftyzzz; 07-30-2011 at 12:52 AM.
threefiftyzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Worked perfectly this morning, not a problem! I now have 1400/1400!

Thank you all!
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #6
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Defiant custome game achievements still working?

Hi,

Maybe you get ask this question a lot, sorry if its the case, i am not a regular of Halo Reach.

I purchased the Noble Map Pack but it happen to be a big waste of cash because since i have it, i haven't been able to get 1 single map in team swat... Problem is, Team Swat is all i like about halo MP. I really don't like the rest cause i don't like the core of Halo, the whole nade throwing and if you don't you need to unload your gun into somebody only to have it being stealed cause you ran out of ammo and had to reload... Anyway maybe im exagerating a little bit, but being a COD player i never really like Halo MP until i founded Swat, wich i find very fun, aim and shoot, guys die in 1 bullet, good stuff....

So well, i would like to know if the defiant map pack achievements can still be done on custom, cause i could wrap a few extra points at least. Its just that i had my friend buyed the 2 map pack during the deal of 400 each, but i had only pts for 1 pack on my side, i was hoping the new maps would pop on swat but they don't.... i played this for 3 days, loading at least 15 games, without even 1 new map, so well like i said i don't feel like buying the second map pack now knowing it won't pop in swat... but my friend is kind of angry at me cause he only play Halo with me...

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
Hi,

Maybe you get ask this question a lot, sorry if its the case, i am not a regular of Halo Reach.

I purchased the Noble Map Pack but it happen to be a big waste of cash because since i have it, i haven't been able to get 1 single map in team swat... Problem is, Team Swat is all i like about halo MP. I really don't like the rest cause i don't like the core of Halo, the whole nade throwing and if you don't you need to unload your gun into somebody only to have it being stealed cause you ran out of ammo and had to reload... Anyway maybe im exagerating a little bit, but being a COD player i never really like Halo MP until i founded Swat, wich i find very fun, aim and shoot, guys die in 1 bullet, good stuff....

So well, i would like to know if the defiant map pack achievements can still be done on custom, cause i could wrap a few extra points at least. Its just that i had my friend buyed the 2 map pack during the deal of 400 each, but i had only pts for 1 pack on my side, i was hoping the new maps would pop on swat but they don't.... i played this for 3 days, loading at least 15 games, without even 1 new map, so well like i said i don't feel like buying the second map pack now knowing it won't pop in swat... but my friend is kind of angry at me cause he only play Halo with me...
Yes, the Defiant achievements and ONLY the Defiant achievements can still be unlocked in custom games. I just got my xbox sent back to me last week, and I bought the Defiant Map Pack and tried to do unlock the achievements in custom games. Be sure to download the files mentioned in this forum or else the achievements won't pop.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
NachoNabz

NachoNabz's Gamercard
Just a quick question: Can I get these achievements with a friend online. I don't have a second controller so could I just get a friend to help me out with this?

NachoNabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
NachoNabz

NachoNabz's Gamercard
I just tried to do this with two friends but with no luck I guess you need to do it with a Guest then

NachoNabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
RavePirate

RavePirate's Gamercard
I think its been patched now, i just tried it following the OP but it didn't pop
RavePirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
w8ing

w8ing636's Gamercard
I can confirm it has not been patched. I just got the cheevo last night. 2 tips though. When loading the gametype, pay attention to the notification towards the bottom. I first played what I thought was the correct oddball gametype just to find out that it was the built-in one. I then proceeded to load the one that said it was from Bungie and the cheevo popped. The other tip was making sure you picked the correct map exactly how the OP mentions.
w8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:11 AM   #12
strawberry

Da 2pacalypse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8ing View Post
I can confirm it has not been patched. I just got the cheevo last night. 2 tips though. When loading the gametype, pay attention to the notification towards the bottom. I first played what I thought was the correct oddball gametype just to find out that it was the built-in one. I then proceeded to load the one that said it was from Bungie and the cheevo popped. The other tip was making sure you picked the correct map exactly how the OP mentions.
Yup, I can also confirm that this still works.
strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #13
TheGreyMan

The Grey Man's Gamercard
Still works! Whoohoo! Made my day. Thanks, guys :-)
TheGreyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #14
Teh BeZ

Send a message via MSN to Teh BeZ

Teh BeZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks a bunch for this - After buying the new DLC ages ago, thats me just got round to doing the achievements and with your thread it look like 15 minutes
Old 10-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #15
O G Pukez

O G Pukez's Gamercard
Random question, but you cant get banned for doing this can you?

O G Pukez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:57 AM   #16
TheGreyMan

The Grey Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by O G Pukez View Post
Random question, but you cant get banned for doing this can you?
IMO it would be pretty harsh of them to ban you for simply playing the game! There's no exploit or trick to this. The achievements have been accidentally enabled by one the Title Updates (I believe) and are therefore available to everyone. I don't suppose the devs are too chuffed about it, but what are you supposed to do? Say "oh no, I'd better not get two shotgun kills in a row"?

Only note of caution is using a dummy controller. I recently got a temporary ban (on earning credits, not matchmaking) and didn't understand why. One of the guys in the game told me it was because we used idle second controllers, which is against the rules. So I don't know how many matches with dummy controllers you'd have to play to bring down The BanHammer, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Ban was 24 hrs, by the way. HTH.

EDIT: On reflection, if I was going for these unlocked cheevs again, I'd probably space them out. Maybe it was playing too many games back to back with idle second controllers that flagged us as breaking the rules. Anyway, I'm guessing this little giveaway will be closed in the imminent TU…

Last edited by TheGreyMan; 10-04-2011 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Don't want to double post
TheGreyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #17
DemonDuffeh

demonduffeh's Gamercard
so this stilll works??
DemonDuffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #18
TigerSparky

TigerSparky's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonDuffeh View Post
so this stilll works??
Yeah, definitely. I was able to use this method yesterday to earn these achievements for both my and my wife's account. And we do not have the Defiant DLC also.
TigerSparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #19
TrueWarrior

TrueWarrior15's Gamercard
thanks man
TrueWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
Mr Chaotix

Mr Chaotix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks.
I'm surprised this still works.

75,000G - 17/06/2014
Mr Chaotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:52 AM   #21
CrumbIes

CrumbIes's Gamercard
Me too, I thought they may have patched this but still I'm not complaining!
Thanks!
CrumbIes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #22
TServo

Was going to purchase the Defiant Map Pack DLC today, so this will definitely come in handy.

Thank you.

EDIT: As of October 11, 2011 - this still works.

Last edited by TServo; 10-10-2011 at 11:33 PM.
TServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:10 AM   #23
FuhzDHAT

Send a message via Skype™ to FuhzDHAT

Merrciful's Gamercard
Kind of hard to understand but as of 10/24/2011 it still works. Thanks for the info.

GT: Merrciful
FuhzDHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #24
Dante Kenobi

Dante Kenobi's Gamercard
Just done it still works as of 25/10/11
Dante Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #25
Ari Haswari
Banned User

Just a quicky, can I still get these achievements without having the noble and defiant map packs? I already have 2 of the add-on achievements. And I'm not wasting my cash on buying the add-ons.
Ari Haswari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #26
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Thanks a bunch, worked like a charm!

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #27
ToKeW8

ToKeW8's Gamercard
Do you have to have a second controller? Also do u need to download the dlc I heard you don't? Any help would be great
ToKeW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #28
TigerSparky

TigerSparky's Gamercard
Yeah you will have to have a second controller to start a custom match, otherwise the game won't start. Either that or have a friend get into your custom game over xbox live. Just have at least 2 players in the custom match for it to start.

But no you don't have to download the DLC at this time in order to earn the achievements. Just download the custom gametypes that are listed in the first post and you should be able to earn them.
TigerSparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #29
ToKeW8

ToKeW8's Gamercard
I don't have a 2nd controller anyone want to help me
ToKeW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:41 AM   #30
S1rJ0hn0fY0rk

S1rJ0hn0fY0rk's Gamercard
Talking

thank you for the help man. if anyone needs help with this or any of the DLC, i will be on at about 9:30 pm CST (10:30 EST) US time tonight. feel free to look me up and join in the fun.
S1rJ0hn0fY0rk is offline   Reply With Quote