PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Terminal Reality's Forums

I posted this message today after looking over our past threads. Please post your opinions on there forums and try to keep it clean enough that it wont get locked.

Hey there, Iím opening a new thread for Ghostbusters: TVG to try to get some answers on if anything is actually going to be done about the glitched achievements/trophies.

Back on Dec 3rd 2010 we were told not to go radio silent about out problems with the patch. On Dec 6th 2010 we were told by the site admin that due to further testing by TRIís QA Staff they believed that they had located the problem and were working on a fix and that a statement would be coming in the near future.

On Jan 5th 2011 our Ghostbusters Patch thread was closed due to it going off topic and we were told a new thread would be opened where we could discuss more current news and updates about the game and a future patch.

It is now March 10th 2011 and nothing has been brought to our attention. What happened? Is there anything going to be done? All we want is info on IF anything is going to be done. If not, fine but please be honest and let us know.

Thank you

Heres the link http://www.terminalreality.com/forum....php?f=4&t=155

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
VyperJMc

Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
They deleted a bunch of posts yesterday, but they didn't make any new post themselves. Fuck 'em.

VyperJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
verybadloser

Very Bad Loser's Gamercard
Think you are pretty much screwed, as it took over a year to get even the patch you got

http://my360stats.com/gs/Very+Bad+Loser/

Games Started : 116
Games Completed 100% : 107

verybadloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadloser View Post
Think you are pretty much screwed, as it took over a year to get even the patch you got
I agree I just want to see if they respond.

The thing is I think people whould have been happier if they just had of came out and said we are sorry but we have stopped working on this game. The fact that they lied to us and were just doing damage control is what bothers people the most.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah, it's garbage the way they're treating us. Shame too, all the glitchy nonsense aside, this was actually a really fun game.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #6
nakedLEE

n4k3dLEE's Gamercard
Good post there HabsCen10ial.

Hopefully we'll all get an answer from them one way or another sometime soon.

I know there's quite a lot of people who worked hard to get the 1st patch live and it took well over a year when it turns out, all that patch done was make it so that people who never played the game (more specifically the multiplayer side of it) were able to get the full 1000 gamerscore.

I mean way to support the people who actually payed full price for your game & lined your pockets with money in the first place Terminal Reality!
nakedLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedLEE View Post
Good post there HabsCen10ial.

Hopefully we'll all get an answer from them one way or another sometime soon.

I know there's quite a lot of people who worked hard to get the 1st patch live and it took well over a year when it turns out, all that patch done was make it so that people who never played the game (more specifically the multiplayer side of it) were able to get the full 1000 gamerscore.

I mean way to support the people who actually payed full price for your game & lined your pockets with money in the first place Terminal Reality!
Sadly, not even that, the patch is totally rubbish.
It fixed the specific issue with Payday! and No Job Too Big, but not the "random MP achievement glitches" issue, this caused others to have Egon's Guinea Pig or Loans Paid off to glitch and now it can affect Payday! and No Job Too Big.

Only Overachiever and Gozer's Most Wanted appear to be potential-glitch free, well there's also Wanted! and It's a Living, which you usually get first anyway.

It's more luck than anything else to get 1000GS, and my only advice is to leave Gozer's Most Wanted and Overachiever last, go for Payday! and No Job Too Big first. 1000GS is not a guarantee in this game.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

If you want a good laugh read this.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...ards-2009.html

This site actually named Ghostbusters the glitchiest game of 2009 and then named Atari the worst publisher of 2009. I love it!

Old 03-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
The Nonexistenc

Agonist Sigma's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsCen10ial View Post

This site actually named Ghostbusters the glitchiest game of 2009 and then named Atari the worst publisher of 2009. I love it!
I Lol'd after I saw that. I also lol'd after seeing the "Hands Where I Can See Them" as the Best Achievement tile of 2009.

But in all seriousness, I was at least hoping that "Loans Paid Off" would unlock after the patch since it just hauntingly taunts me everytime I look at the Achievements list. I know that I've earned more than enough money, because I got "Overachiever."
The Nonexistenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #10
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nonexistenc View Post
I Lol'd after I saw that. I also lol'd after seeing the "Hands Where I Can See Them" as the Best Achievement tile of 2009.

But in all seriousness, I was at least hoping that "Loans Paid Off" would unlock after the patch since it just hauntingly taunts me everytime I look at the Achievements list. I know that I've earned more than enough money, because I got "Overachiever."
Sadly not, the patch is not retro-active for any of the glitched achievements some gamers have:
Egon's Guinea Pig
On the Payroll
Loans Paid Off

That glitch is still present and has caused old and "new" gamers to now have Payday! and No Job Too Big glitch on them, while they unlock fine for others.

You'll be able to get your last SP achievement and Gozer's Most Wanted (I've yet to see a REAL GMW or Overachiever glitch, but they can take a while), however Loans Paid off and I'm guessing Payday! won't unlock for you leaving you at 980GS and 48/50 achievements like so many others...
Old 03-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Ok Terminal Reality's deleting posts daily now. If you check the other threads on their forum they are replying to their customers almost immediately. Just not to us.

We have lost people

Old 03-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #12
The Nonexistenc

Quote:
Ok Terminal Reality's deleting posts daily now. If you check the other threads on their forum they are replying to their customers almost immediately. Just not to us.

We have lost people
I know. I think on their facebook page, they deleted most of the comments regarding how the patch doesn't work. Way to ruin things for everyone.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #13
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
They don't care anymore. They released a patch and it half way worked, don't expect another one.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #14
CONKER1182
Banned User

CONKER1182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:

That makes me feel a little bit better but I`m probably screwed as well.
CONKER1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #15
Piemanns Bakery

Piemanns Bakery's Gamercard
Because it's amusing to watch terminal reality try to sweep it under the rug I usually check their forum everyday...and wouldn't you know it, they did another Ghostbusters sweep today! It's adorable really.
Piemanns Bakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:36 AM   #16
NITEMARECREATOR

NITEMARECREATOR's Gamercard
Banned from their site!!

If you were relentless (which I was with reposting the same post that they kept deleting), you will get banned from their forums (like me). I went there just a few minutes ago and got the "you are banned..." from their precious website. Fuck them all!!

Let me get creative with my twitter spamming of Tart's page...

If any other douche's employees on their site have a twitter page, let me know their names so that I can add them to my list...

Old 03-23-2011, 04:25 AM   #17
The Nonexistenc

From all this, it just sounds like TR isn't gonna even acknowledge us fans anymore.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #18
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nonexistenc View Post
From all this, it just sounds like TR isn't gonna even acknowledge us fans anymore.

There was a debate when we first figured out the patch was broken and were actually talking with TRI. Some people thought they were going to help us and others thought they were just doing damage control. I guess we know who was right.

I feel pretty dumb for being one of the people that thought they were being sincere.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #19
NITEMARECREATOR

Angry

I was one of the few that said damage control is what their intentions were. They were getting bombarded within the trade industry at the conventions, conferences, and trade shows. They stood at attention when they were getting interviewed from IGN, OXM and others when asked about what we were all bitching about. They of course had to say that a patch was in development to deflect the negativity that we were bringing on them. They pulled the original source codes out of the recycle bin, gave us an "excuse" that the patch was too large (bullshit) to distribute until the dashboard update. Then we complained some more. By this time, they learned that they can delete / modify what we were saying on their forums and on their Facebook pages. We were demanding an answer and our words were falling on deaf ears.

The only way to get any attention about this now is to get someone on Twitter with millions of followers like the faggot with a haircut and have them Tweet about it. You can comment to them (tart and others in industry), but what you tweet will not show up on their account unless they retweet or comment on it (which they won't).

I will file this game as "completed" in the drawer besides NFS: Carbon as well.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #20
Kernholio

Kernholio's Gamercard
I posted on these forums last week or so how I had just started the game, and have at least one achievement glitched, etc. Someone advised me to get on TR's forums and tell my story, so I went to their forums, explored a little, and submitted my username, etc. for approval so I can post there, but they have yet to approve me. I suppose I won't be approved and I won't be able to voice my complaint on their forums. I'm wondering if they can see that my only interest when I was browsing their forums was the Ghostbusters posts. If they can see that, then they probably won't approve me, knowing what I want to complain about. I'm with you, NITEMARE, I will finish the last couple MP achievements I can get, and file it as completed, but for me, I'll set it next to MLB 2K8.
Kernholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #21
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernholio View Post
I posted on these forums last week or so how I had just started the game, and have at least one achievement glitched, etc. Someone advised me to get on TR's forums and tell my story, so I went to their forums, explored a little, and submitted my username, etc. for approval so I can post there, but they have yet to approve me. I suppose I won't be approved and I won't be able to voice my complaint on their forums.
Hey that was me. I'm not sure why you have to wait. When I signed up to their forums I just picked a username and password and then started posting. I can't remember if they had to send me an email verification or not.

They wont be able to see why you're are joining anyway unless I suppose you made you user name GhostbusterPatch or FUTerminal LOL

Old 03-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #22
NITEMARECREATOR

You have to submit your information for acceptance. I was pissed one day and submitted at least bunch of different account names... TartIsACu#t, TRsuxASS, Thanx4FingupGB, TartHasSTDs, and a couple that involved the other douche nozzle mod on that forum. I bet they were all appalled when they went to review the potential new members. I know my IP was logged on their site for tracking, so they get the point I don't like them. I just need to take a roadtrip to Texas to their HQ with a couple cases of spray paint to show my appreciation for them in person.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #23
Kernholio

Kernholio's Gamercard
Yeah, I have to wait for an email verification, and I haven't received it yet. I just used Kernholio, my normal tag, nothing as creative like NITEMARE used.
Kernholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #24
ugli

ugli's Gamercard
Good luck guys. I tried to register there 2 months ago and still haven't got the confirmation e-mail. I tried to register with another e-mail and account about a week ago. Still nothing.

I've heard that they are deliberately ignoring new registrations (and ignoring the whole Ghostbusters TVG achievement glitch issue)
ugli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #25
VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
I bet they'll accept your registration if you make your name something to do with Star Wars or Kinect.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #26
Piemanns Bakery

Piemanns Bakery's Gamercard
Tart actually responds...and gives no information.

"Hey guys,
I appreciate you coming the forums and keeping things civil, the other posts were deleted because others were not doing the same. I have issued a multitude of warnings and statements concerning this topic, and again I will post ANYTHING as soon as I hear it.
This will be the last time I am commenting on this subject, unless it's to update ( whether it's positive or negative).

There's no reason at all to have the amount of threads started about Ghostbusters that were currently open. In the interest of not only keeping the environment a positive and fun one as well as informative I will allow one thread to be active on this subject, and that's it.

Many thanks again for your patience on this matter, and visiting Terminal Reality's forums."

Thanks for nothing Tart.
Piemanns Bakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #27
The Nonexistenc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piemanns Bakery View Post
Tart actually responds...and gives no information.

"Hey guys,
I appreciate you coming the forums and keeping things civil, the other posts were deleted because others were not doing the same. I have issued a multitude of warnings and statements concerning this topic, and again I will post ANYTHING as soon as I hear it.
This will be the last time I am commenting on this subject, unless it's to update ( whether it's positive or negative).

There's no reason at all to have the amount of threads started about Ghostbusters that were currently open. In the interest of not only keeping the environment a positive and fun one as well as informative I will allow one thread to be active on this subject, and that's it.

Many thanks again for your patience on this matter, and visiting Terminal Reality's forums."

Thanks for nothing Tart.
In other words, less threads means less attention (from both the visitors on the forums and needed from the administrators). One thread practically means that they are pushing the issues aside. Too busy working on Kinect games nowadays...
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #28
CONKER1182
Banned User

CONKER1182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Their phone support sucks I cant even get anybody on the phone just a automated recording saying nobodys at the phone and leave a message.
CONKER1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:07 AM   #29
VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
Bumpin' this thread... in the past 24 hours those bastards at TR deleted the 1 glitched achievements thread we were allowed to have over there.

As if we needed any more proof that they're burying this problem & hoping we all just go away.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #30
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Really they deleted it. That's pretty sad. Every 2-3 weeks I would go look at it and see if anything was being said. Well all we can do now is avoid their product and spread the word. Eventually they will be gone.