Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Army of Two
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Boots Orion

Boots Orion's Gamercard
Servers Closing in January?

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere in the Achievement Trading thread, but there is a viral rumour that the servers for Army of Two are being closed on January 1, 2011 or soon thereafter.

I plan on boosting the online achievements soon, they shouldn't take long and I may already have my group of 4 to do it (won't know til I get home tonight - can't check xbox.com from work), but:

Is there any official announcement informing us that the servers will be closed or is this all speculation?

I know that while EA can close servers at any time, they tend to inform the public in advance of pending server closures - similar to how 2K Sports operates.

I have other aging EA games (mostly racing games) that I'm somewhat concerned about, but there are only so many games you can boost at once!

To anyone who has read an official release/statement (provided there is one) I would greatly appreciate a link.

Thanks,
Boots
Old 12-04-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
TheGreyCrane

TheGreyCrane's Gamercard
I found nothing official about that, but so many people say that they will close the servers... It's maybe only a rumour, but do you realy want to take the risk ?
TheGreyCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:13 AM   #3
Necrosis102

Necrosis102's Gamercard
EA normally give plenty of notice before closing a server, often a couple of months ahead. Still, it pisses me off when they do.

If EA do announce their plans for server closures it'll probably be on this page:

http://www.ea.com/2/service-updates

Once an official announcement has been made the news will spread quickly anyway. Let's hope they don't have any closures planned in the near future
Necrosis102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:35 AM   #4
Boots Orion

Boots Orion's Gamercard
Thanks for the link Necrosis102. There is no reference to them shutting the servers on their website. So it would seem strange if they all of the sudden shut them down. I agree with TheGreyCrane that it is probably not worth taking the risk (especially since boosting in this game is rather easy), but these viral rumours can be annoying. But...other then being scared about a server getting shut...why would people "create" this kind of rumour?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:59 AM   #5
xI Foxtrot Ix

xI Foxtrot Ix's Gamercard
Anyone I asked this about told me that it's only the Asia/Europe servers that are closing and nothing about NA servers.

xI Foxtrot Ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
XerxesSchneider

LHR Squall's Gamercard
I haven't found any information about the servers closing. I hope they don't anytime soon cause I still need to get a lot of the MP achievements, but no one seems to be playing this anymore.
XerxesSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:38 AM   #7
The REAL LegacY

Send a message via AIM to The REAL LegacY

The REAL LegacY's Gamercard
I need to do the billion dollar achievement -- let me know if you wanna get this boosted!! I am buy myself so 3 others are needed

Also looking to start an achievement guide project with anyone on youtube. Explaining with video how to get achievements done as well as other cool ideas to mix in and make it original.
The REAL LegacY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
K00s360

The Butchr's Gamercard
going for the SSC challenges and the Billion dollars soon, and just letting people know that i have not heard anything about the servers shutting down, the only thing that is really shutting down is the battle for middle earth 2 which i really need to do that really quick if any one could help. (off Topic).

The Billion dollar one is not hard

K00s360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #9
bigas

Rodrigo VeNa's Gamercard
I haven't heard anything, but this gives me one more reason to be registered in here: I need partners for the online achievements of Army of Two. I'll be in touch later on through the right thread.
bigas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
ThunderingLefty

Let em close. I got my stuff done

ThunderingLefty is offline   Reply With Quote