PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Final Fantasy XI
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #31
Kelkuno

Kelkuno's Gamercard
I sure hope not! I'm so close to being done. 5 more jobs, 100 synth (63 cooking atm), and a handful more assaults to get Captain. Then I will have my most prized entry in my completed games list.
Kelkuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:35 AM   #32
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
2-8 YEARS That is ridiculous , your saying i could be 30 by the time i get all the achievements ?

Stuff that , i have a life and plan to live it. I won't ever be getting this game that's for sure.
ScottHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #33
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarris View Post
2-8 YEARS That is ridiculous , your saying i could be 30 by the time i get all the achievements ?

Stuff that , i have a life and plan to live it. I won't ever be getting this game that's for sure.
You could just get the game for fun.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #34
theheroslegend

Send a message via AIM to theheroslegend

Scott Keables's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarris View Post

This is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. You can pretty much say that any MMORPG is going to be a VERY long time sink if you're going to try to complete most or all of the content the game has to offer. There is so much more to this game than what the achievements offer, and probably about 100% more content to the game than the achievement list these days (which will definitely be true come the new Seekers of Adoulin expansion pack coming in March). MMORPGs live healthy long lives (this one has been around for over 10 years) by introducing new content every so often, and this game is no stranger to that.

Also, I wanted to state here that I edited the first post to reflect my server change. I am now on the Carbuncle server, still named Retsujo. Send me a /tell! I love to chat ^^

theheroslegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #35
BThumme

Send a message via AIM to BThumme

FF7 Bryan's Gamercard
When the game came out, 2-8 years might be fair.

Now...If you know what you are doing, and have people to play with, you could blaze through most of it in a month (that's with a lot of time commitment).

Certainly 6 months would be doable these days. A LOT has changed. Getting to level 75 used to take around a month with 2-3 hours playing a day. Now you can do it in 1-2 days, less if you can leech in an abyssea party.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #36
Bushybob

Bushybob's Gamercard
good job and much appreciated
Bushybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:23 AM   #37
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThumme View Post
When the game came out, 2-8 years might be fair.

Now...If you know what you are doing, and have people to play with, you could blaze through most of it in a month (that's with a lot of time commitment).

Certainly 6 months would be doable these days. A LOT has changed. Getting to level 75 used to take around a month with 2-3 hours playing a day. Now you can do it in 1-2 days, less if you can leech in an abyssea party.
Seriously? >.> Been a few years since I played it, but either way that's a huge drop in play time.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #38
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Do you really think the time frame hold up nowadays? Abyssea pretty much ransacked the game.

tehapoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:48 AM   #39
theheroslegend

No, I certainly don't, and have edited the OP to 1~2 years as such. ^^

Old 03-27-2013, 04:31 AM   #40
theheroslegend

Going to go ahead and double post for a quick bump - I've edited and revised all posts in the guide to reflect the game's standards as they are now.

If SquareEnix decides they want to throw in new achievements for Seekers of Adoulin, these posts will be edited yet again - but since there is no word on that, I'm assuming things will reamin as-is.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #41
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm about to dive into this game. I'm risking my 100% completion for it, but given the recent expansion and the fact that I don't think this game's servers will be entirely shut down any time soon, I'm confident I can finish it. I'm not going to try to rush it or anything either. I plan on getting my first char to 75 legit, then maybe another one or two after that, then power levelling the classes I don't care to play (looking at you, tank classes!).

I played WoW for years but retired from it when I started achievement hunting. I think this will be the only game I play for the next couple of years. I'll shoot you a /tell if I end up rolling on Carbuncle dude! I'd probably be looking for a solid guild to join too. I was in Archaic on WoW back in the day. We were a big raid/pvp guild on Daggerstone server prior to the first expansion when Molten Core was still the "big thing" to do. I miss my mage .

Question: With a wireless USB keyboard, does the game recognize the mouse too? I've been able to use my Logitech keyboard to type on Defiance, but I haven't tried using the mouse. Do you primarily use the keyboard to talk in FFXI on the 360 and still use the controller for most/all character actions/gameplay?

Edit: Damn shiftie fancy meeting you here! As you can see I'm getting frustrated with Defiance now (lack of end-game content) but it has rekindled my yearning for an MMO addiction!
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 04-21-2013 at 03:38 PM.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:39 AM   #42
theheroslegend

I haven't tried using a mouse on the 360 for any game, as I don't think there's an input method for it. If you try it, let me know! Though, the game itself doesn't really utilize mouse controls worth actually using it imo.

As for playing on 360... I don't. If I do, it's to unlock an achievement or just a quick update to keep data up to date. I really don't like playing on the 360 over my PC, there's just so much difference in framerate, and that little bit of lag after every zone annoys me. Haha.

And even when I was on the 360, I would use the keyboard controls with a wireless keyboard. Something about the controller doesn't sit right with me, either. Haha.

My linkshell on Carbuncle is a very laid back casual shell. It's not meant to have any specific purpose, just a bunch of people chatting while doing their own thing. If you happen to land on Carbuncle, you're more than welcome to a pearl - but keep in mind that we aren't a group of people with any real focus on the game. We can be helpful when asked of course, but we aren't really that enthusiastic about gathering together for scheduled events every month/week/day, and everyone's schedule in the shell is pretty random for it to work out anyway. The most of us have experienced more than enough of the content before the Seekers of Adoulin expansion. We're an informative bunch, if nothing else