PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NBA Jam
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #31
Jacob PL 666

Great method! I'v just finished 3/6 campaigns and 2 was with this method, all wins
Jacob PL 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #32
Jedi sy

JEDI SY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
If it were me I'd honestly rather just play the game.
Exactly, just play the game. The facial expressions are worth sitting for rather than going and doing something else.
Jedi sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #33
SinRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi sy View Post
Exactly, just play the game. The facial expressions are worth sitting for rather than going and doing something else.
After playing through the Remix Tour and 2 Campaigns (consisting of 74 games), the novelty wears out. To each is their own though. I know I wouldn't have completed NBA Jam if it weren't for this method.

SinRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:41 AM   #34
taylorxxx

taylorxxx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinRG View Post
After playing through the Remix Tour and 2 Campaigns (consisting of 74 games), the novelty wears out. To each is their own though. I know I wouldn't have completed NBA Jam if it weren't for this method.
don't worry about him. he's just getting his kicks posting in every thread on the NBA jam board.
taylorxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:03 AM   #35
DarkManX

Send a message via Skype™ to DarkManX

Tupacalypse129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorxxx View Post
don't worry about him. he's just getting his kicks posting in every thread on the NBA jam board.
Seriously that dude has every recent post on the latest threads, someone is post-happy. Anyway this method is amazing I haven't lost a game going through my first run through, so much better than playing over 200 games.

DarkManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:06 AM   #36
Postmodernmartyr

Send a message via Yahoo to Postmodernmartyr

PostModernMartr's Gamercard
Almost done with campaign 45 and I haven't used this once... but then again, I only play a few games a day at most... but i don't mind playing this one out...

Like Hip Hop? ... Try this!

Games Complete: 120
Postmodernmartyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:53 AM   #37
COBRAtheENEMY

cobra C0MM4ND3R's Gamercard
This is a GREAT tip thanks to the OP for posting

COBRAtheENEMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:14 AM   #38
Jedi sy

JEDI SY's Gamercard
Quote:
Seriously that dude has every recent post on the latest threads, someone is post-happy. Anyway this method is amazing I haven't lost a game going through my first run through, so much better than playing over 200 games.
I've had a genuine comment to make on each thread, including this one, again.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:38 AM   #39
DarkManX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi sy View Post
I've had a genuine comment to make on each thread, including this one, again.
Yeah your comment on this thread is you makes general comments? Yeah that makes sense funny how nobody quotes anything you say because they're all pointless sentences that have nothing to do with achievements. Saying things like oh I like this game is just a stupid reply which is what you're doing. I'm not the only one that sees what your doing as well Taylorxxx called you out for the same thing.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:07 AM   #40
VyperJMc

Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
C'mon guys, it's just a message board. Relax.

VyperJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #41
Jedi sy

JEDI SY's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah your comment on this thread is you makes general comments? Yeah that makes sense funny how nobody quotes anything you say because they're all pointless sentences that have nothing to do with achievements. Saying things like oh I like this game is just a stupid reply which is what you're doing. I'm not the only one that sees what your doing as well Taylorxxx called you out for the same thing.
JEDI SY Don't you feel a bit daft using these?

I saw an advert for crosshair stickers that you put on TV as an in game sight aid. It just seems a bit odd to me that people need to use these and go to these lengths to get an edge. Why not rely on your own skill?But if they work, each to their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
what would these even do. I'd imagine it would ust block your view.

edit: here is a link to the sticker reticules and the claimes it they make.
http://www.supplycrate.com/

and a video

YouTube - Modern Warfare 2 / Gears of War 2 FPSight Screen Target Sticker

JEDI SY Don't you feel a bit daft using these?

I saw an advert for crosshair stickers that you put on TV as an in game sight aid. It just seems a bit odd to me that people need to use these and go to these lengths to get an edge. Why not rely on your own skill?But if they work, each to their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYBER GRIMM View Post
the days of relying on your own skill are long gone. now its all high speed connections, turtle beaches, rapid fire controllers and high sensitivity. there seems to be no length or shame that some ppl wont go to in order to get an edge on other gamers.

and before any one flames, i myself use turtle beach headsets so i dont wake my other half when im late night gaming so im not slandering but stating what the modern gamer has become.

JEDI SY I played a few outstanding players weeks ago but your right about the lower level player surge lately. A boost to my K/D ratio is always welcome though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
Spot on. My KDR has been slowly creeping towards 3.00 courtesy of the current crop of shit players...
Just because I don't always write an essay for every post you have seen me make, it does not mean I do not have something to say. Alot of the threads on this website are not directly about achievements but also include tactics, weapons you use, favourite characters etc....

The comment you made did not result in enlightenment to getting an achievement but just to respond to the thread with your opinion, which you are entitled to.

The thread I started about being frustrated with this game was not related to getting an achievement, should it be removed because you do not deem it worthy or be left for other people to vent their frustration????

Alot of AAA game titles have bitching threads to complain about said game. Are you going to message the moderators and ask them to be closed because they do not fit into your criteria of what constitutes a genuine thread or comment?

I'm sure you will read this thread again and if you do not comment I will take it as you have seen it but pretending you have not.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #42
DarkManX

No, I have seen your post and I'm not going to bother responding, like you did writing a whole 5 page essay, right now this whole discussion is a waste of time.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #43
Jedi sy

JEDI SY's Gamercard
Quote:
No, I have seen your post and I'm not going to bother responding, like you did writing a whole 5 page essay, right now this whole discussion is a waste of time.
You just did respond. The only reason I wrote all that was because you said I write pointless comments and nobody quotes anything I post, which is not true.
I posted on and looked at every thread because I wanted to know everything about the game before I bought it. I'll be trading it in now as I can never get a game online. I really wanted to like this game but I think it's way to hard on the easy setting to get some of these achievements. I hope you did read my previous post and took my points on board. You're right, this thread had run it's course.

All the best, no hard feelings
Old 01-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #44
ScuzzyBunny FTN

KP ScuzzyBunny's Gamercard
Ughh...idiots. As a tip, I have found the need to rubberband a few games from time to time, and the absolute best method is to use one of the Street Fighter control PADS (not fightstick). The shape is very band friendly, and you can "turbo" ANY button. Definitely going to try to do this with A and X going, to see if the whole game will play. I like the game, and it's lots of fun, but some of the achvs take a ridiculous amount of time, and my life has responsibilities!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #45
SinRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuzzyBunny FTN View Post
Ughh...idiots. As a tip, I have found the need to rubberband a few games from time to time, and the absolute best method is to use one of the Street Fighter control PADS (not fightstick). The shape is very band friendly, and you can "turbo" ANY button. Definitely going to try to do this with A and X going, to see if the whole game will play. I like the game, and it's lots of fun, but some of the achvs take a ridiculous amount of time, and my life has responsibilities!
My only concern with doing this to the A button is that you might end up having your CPU teammate pass you the ball after they rebound it.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #46
DarkManX

Your Method worked great I finished my six campaigns with only one loss thanks again for the method SinRG

Old 01-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #47
VyperJMc

Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
Is there a limit to how many games you can lose & still be able to face the hidden boss? Do you even progress after a loss or do you need a win to move on to the next game? Just wondering.

VyperJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #48
Downsize

Downsize's Gamercard
Will this method work for remix tour? Better yet, beat the Beastie Boys.
Downsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #49
DarkManX

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyperJMc View Post
Is there a limit to how many games you can lose & still be able to face the hidden boss? Do you even progress after a loss or do you need a win to move on to the next game? Just wondering.
No there is no limit and you have to win in order to move to the next game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsize View Post
Will this method work for remix tour? Better yet, beat the Beastie Boys.
It probably would work, although I've noticed when the CPU is trailing in the Remix 2 Vs. 2 games late in the game they will start to get very aggressive as far as shoving goes.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:03 AM   #50
PeRFeCK

PeRFeCK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
thanks very much for sharing, it will still take a long time but it is much easier to watch while doing something else
Old 01-14-2011, 02:52 AM   #51
Blunts4Breakfas

Blunts4Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Really?

Actively playing versus Letting the CPU win for you? Seems like a no brainer to me, but to each is their own.

Obviously, either way, time will be an issue (and it will take longer with the method outlined), but the key is that you don't have to actively play. You can just set your game up and go off and do something else.

no offense but that idea doesnt seem that good to me...i got the game to play...now i could put rubber band on and switch over to tv and hit a random times...but i didnt pay for the game just for the chevos..ill play it and get as many as possible....

these methods where u do nothing just seem time wasting to me...

but i guess if it works for you and ud rather not play/.///go ahead

good post either way lol

Blunts4Breakfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #52
Darth Kris

Darth Kris's Gamercard
Quote:
If it were me I'd honestly rather just play the game.
Yeah, these turds paid 50.00 to play a game with a rubber band. If your so hard up for achievements why not wait till its 10.00?
Darth Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #53
Gulpo

Gulpo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kris View Post
Yeah, these turds paid 50.00 to play a game with a rubber band. If your so hard up for achievements why not wait till its 10.00?
Well in my case, I bought this on sale from Amazon played enough of it to realize I didn't like it to play it through 6 times... but with this method, I can at least get the achievements. The achievement points will make up for the frustrating gameplay. Thanks OP!
Gulpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:36 AM   #54
SinRG

Quote:
Sadly, I don't value $50 as high as you do.

I really wish everyone could buy games without giving much thought, but alas, I forgot about individuals like yourself. I'm sorry.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:41 AM   #55
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Quote:
I love how some people have never heard of Gamefly or renting games. Good times.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 AM   #56
Redeemed Hitman

Redeemed Hitman's Gamercard
Go Knicks. And I think this game is fun as hell. If you have friends it makes this game awesome. We play all the time and it does not get all. If you have friends then you will never lose interest in this game unless you are not a true NBA fan.
Redeemed Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #57
JLogan27

JLogan27's Gamercard
Quote:
Well, I got the game as a gift.

But, anyway, I love playing the game but this achievement is mind-numbingly grinding.

222 games at roughly 10 minutes apiece...that's 2220 minutes...THAT'S 37 HOURS!!!

EDIT: And should I be ashamed that I am scoring more points-per-game using this method than playing outright?

Last edited by JLogan27; 02-09-2011 at 04:23 PM.
JLogan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #58
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Really?

Actively playing versus Letting the CPU win for you? Seems like a no brainer to me, but to each is their own.

Obviously, either way, time will be an issue (and it will take longer with the method outlined), but the key is that you don't have to actively play. You can just set your game up and go off and do something else.
you forgot the fun part of actually playing the game...... which is kinda the point anyway. Makes me think of the Gears 2 "Party like it's 1999" people..
Old 02-22-2011, 05:54 AM   #59
SinRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowr4ven View Post
you forgot the fun part of actually playing the game...... which is kinda the point anyway. Makes me think of the Gears 2 "Party like it's 1999" people..
I never said the game wasn't fun. I had a blast and it brough back a lot of nostalgic moments.

However, I got all my fun and enjoyment from playing through two campaigns. Games after the second campaign moved away from being fun to being a grind.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #60
BrandAid1138

Send a message via AIM to BrandAid1138 Send a message via Yahoo to BrandAid1138

BRaNdAid's Gamercard
i'll give this method a shot after i play the campaign through first. I do agree with another poster though that the achievements for this game are a grind and half. i love the game, it's fun and nostalgic, but i don't think i can invest 37 hours of back and forth for it.
BrandAid1138 is offline   Reply With Quote