PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Doritos Crash Course
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #61
nfntjy

nfn nifty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfntjy View Post
A question for clarification on "Social Climber" :

If the other player(s) use the chicken out button, will it still count for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera v2 View Post
Just finished the game with the help of T3KNOSIS and he finished all the maps legit where as i "chickened out" the whole way through the maps. what you need to do is to keep taping the Y button and it will respawn you to the nearest checkpoint the after 5 respawns it will say click RB and just keep going. you should complete the maps in 20-30 seconds
I guess that answers my question... I think...
nfntjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #62
KeepEmRolling

KeepEmRolling's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MopFlop View Post
I had that trouble. i found that if you over jump the centre then move back you will hit the centre going in the right direction, and hopefully not lose any heght. hope that helps
Ok, thanks for this, cause the trampoline is driving me bonkers trying to get to 12 with only one hit per bounce.
KeepEmRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #63
zaku bluez

enigmagtx's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide got the fan, hammer, rope, and trampoline one. BTW y are so many haters saying " complete a game before writing the guide"? I've seen guides on here the person who made them doesn't even have the achievement, or the game for that matter.
zaku bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #64
rolodium

Send a message via MSN to rolodium

Rolodium's Gamercard
Great free game from Doritos rather addictive. Thanks for the guide.
rolodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #65
PaleVoyager

PaleVoyager's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CressDX View Post
difficulty should be 8/10
What? Maybe 8/10 if you're double-dosing on percocet or had your hands blown off in 'nam.

This is a 5 or a 6/10 if anything. The only remotely difficult stage to get Gold on is Japan 3.

No matter how hard I try, I can never under-achieve.
PaleVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #66
CressDX

CressDX's Gamercard
finally got all gold U.U
it wasn´t easy..

CressDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #67
BlackIrish4094
Subscribing Member

BlackIrish4094's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Dude I thought it was fine for what it was. Not sure why you attracted so many dicks about this but nothing is stopping them from doing their own and the best one eventually makes it to stickied here and appear on the game's page, correct? People have too much time on their hands and need to chill.
BlackIrish4094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #68
Mr Matty
Banned User

Wave 0 Of Horde's Gamercard
wow you guys need to chill theres a clear reason why guides dont get published till 1 month after game release.
to fix it up and add points
Mr Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #69
BlackIrish4094
Subscribing Member

BlackIrish4094's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDMFS0AB View Post
He doesn't know. Because he has used mearly logic to make this guide and a little practice.

Guides are just not the same these days! I say get dedicated guide makers.
Dude, do one yourself if it bothers you. You and the other guy are being serious dicks over nothing. Write a better guide and yours will be the one people are complaining about instead of his. Dedicated guide writers, really?
BlackIrish4094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #70
R Rated Love

R Rated Love's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Great guide, thanks.

Now if only I could get this trampoline one...
R Rated Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #71
DarnedCargo

DarnedCargo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealPavelski View Post
Hopscotch - 20

Bounced from trampoline to trampoline 12 times in a row

This can first be achieved on USA Level 4 "On the Rebound". Near the beginning of the level you will see two trampolines close to each other. Simply jump back and forth between the two trampolines 12 times. Hold the in the direction of the next trampoline and simply land to jump.

Tip: You must jump only once on each trampoline. If you miss a trampoline or jump on the same trampoline more than once, start over. Make sure to jump in the center of the trampoline as it will give you the most lift/height. There is a red targeter below your avatar showing where your avatar will fall.

When i tried this i had the problem of not being able to see where the tramps were so i gave up and carried on with playing then i got to europe and on the 3rd, 4th or 5th level there were two tramps really close together with no landing bits in between and the camera angle was great and i managed to get it.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #72
hyphy gef

Gefroondefro's Gamercard
Just played through all the levels in co op, I didnt skip any sections, my buddy got the achievement for doing them but I didnt. What a load of shit.
hyphy gef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #73
xsoenx

xsoenx's Gamercard
can you do the Gold Medals Co-op???
xsoenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #74
lord maiden

lord maiden's Gamercard
just had to say, you do not need to go through getting silver to unlock the chance for gold. it shows what the next medal and the time to get it. you can get gold straight away. apart from that, good guide.
lord maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #75
thenutman69321

TheNutman69321's Gamercard
The 12 trampoline in a row one is so much easier on Europe level 1 with the 5 trampolines in a row at different heights. I musta tried where your guide said 50 times before giving up. Took me 3 tries on Europe level 1.
thenutman69321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #76
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Gonna have to comment about the trampoline achievement. I tried to prove myself wrong but no..

I think you need to put a different level. I'll be looking now to.

I've tried to get it on the one you've put and its stupid lol.

1 - You have to go back and forth which is quite hard but the fact is when you go between them the camera goes quite high and you can't see you landing on the next trampoline. Which leads me to 2.
2 - With this area to you always have to hit the bullseye. If you miss it you will not get ebough air to hit the next trampoline or you'll hit it on the thus not getting enough to go back meaning you have to hit the same one twice canceling out the achievement.

I've been trying it for 10mins now and both of these happen if you don't hit it dead on and when you do you can't see the next landing meaning I hit point 2 again, meaning iI'm in a circle of not doing it.

I came across easier places earlier but the leveles escape me atm, but on them I had no problems but I didn't know about the double bounce.

Edit - Euro level 1 is the best imo. You have 5 trampolines in a row and they're on different levels, you have no problems with the landings and are easy to get to!

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 12-08-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #77
CressDX

CressDX's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide.
I have now 200/200.

CressDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #78
Pew

Looooongcat's Gamercard
Getting under 1m40s in Japan 4 took me forever. So frustrating! Might as well go for all gold now though.

I also feel dumb for continuously trying to get the Trampoline achievement on USA 4 after reading this thread now. If you do insist on doing it there, try moving left, let go of the analog stick when you reach the top of the jump and you'll notice you'll fall down around the center of the trampoline. With some practice, it's pretty easy once you figure that out. The camera definitely does not help :/
Pew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #79
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
I just got "Sore wa kantan desu"...I will post a video guide up as soon as the vid processes.
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #80
nfntjy

nfn nifty's Gamercard
Quote:
A question for clarification on "Social Climber" :

If the other player(s) use the chicken out button, will it still count for you?
If the other players quit, but you finish, does that level count for you?
Do all levels need to be completed in one session?
Answering my own questions now:
I just finished playing with a guy.
I completed all levels (no chickening out).
He chickened out most levels.
We used multiple sessions.
If one of us quit (lag), we restarted on that level.
Both of us unlocked the achievement

EDIT:
Quote:
I just got "Sore wa kantan desu"...I will post a video guide up as soon as the vid processes.
Is this one yours? If not here's another vid for that achievement in case your way is different.

Last edited by nfntjy; 12-08-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #81
toddycst

toddycst's Gamercard
Great job!
toddycst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #82
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Is this one yours? If not here's another vid for that achievement in case your way is different.
YouTube - Doritos Crash Course - Sore Wa Kantan Desu
No...I posted mine here in the Achievement Guide and made a new thread to help people out. I actually did this Achievement a few times. The first time was a much cleaner run. I actually did the run the second time, the video I recorded with less than a second under 1:40.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:25 PM   #83
Distanc3

Zymotic Brandon's Gamercard
WOW first off let me say thank you for the guide even if it isn't "PERFECT". Let me also say that I think that the reason that people like myself don't post guides is all of the trolls like the ones on this forum down talking something that someone did for free, using his/her own time. The guide may not be the best but if you are going to trash it then make one yourself. Jesus this site is FULL of trolls...
Distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #84
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distanc3 View Post
WOW first off let me say thank you for the guide even if it isn't "PERFECT". Let me also say that I think that the reason that people like myself don't post guides is all of the trolls like the ones on this forum down talking something that someone did for free, using his/her own time. The guide may not be the best but if you are going to trash it then make one yourself. Jesus this site is FULL of trolls...
Couldn't agree more!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #85
nfntjy

nfn nifty's Gamercard
Quote:
No...I posted mine here in the Achievement Guide and made a new thread to help people out. I actually did this Achievement a few times. The first time was a much cleaner run. I actually did the run the second time, the video I recorded with less than a second under 1:40.
Nice, cut it pretty close there. Nice to know that there is time to spare if you fall in the water one time.

I think the only differences in the two vids are:
1. Roku750 skips quite a few of the platforms around :28 seconds of his video
2. You didn't stop and wait for the long line of hammers to pass

Combine those two shortcuts (and don't fall in the water ) and you could probably beat this with 15 seconds to spare.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:55 PM   #86
BillyIrish317

Billy Irish's Gamercard
Thanks alot for all your guys tips not quite 200 but almost! appreciate all your guys/gals hard work very fun game!
BillyIrish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:19 AM   #87
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distanc3 View Post
Obviously you and the other guys are not getting the message, although the other guy before me was cursing and stuff, to me the actual point is "why make a guide with no information?" YES, now the guide looks good, but back then it wasnt, it was just a skeleton guide with terrible explanations.

To answer your questions, No we are not trolls, we are just reinstating the rule which says to either gain all or the majority of the achievements ti make a guide. Yes your right, it is good that he played it early, hence time to get more information and make a better guide.

I may seem like a dick, but im giving constructive criticism, since people keep on bringing up "trolls" and "flamers" im just justifying why people were acting the way it was.

On the bottom line, i think the guide is coming along great so no, im not a flamer, no im not butt hurt, and in general im glad he is making a guide for this community.

Lastly on topic, i would say the difficulty is 4/10
Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:37 AM   #88
Vermillion Haze

Vermillion Haze's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarnedCargo View Post
When i tried this i had the problem of not being able to see where the tramps were so i gave up and carried on with playing then i got to europe and on the 3rd, 4th or 5th level there were two tramps really close together with no landing bits in between and the camera angle was great and i managed to get it.[/LEFT]
Level 3 is perfect. First tramps you see are very easy just tap forward and back slightly and this is cake.
Vermillion Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:29 AM   #89
WrottenSandwich

WolfVelocity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide.... Gotta say it is kind of a fun little game for free!!

WrottenSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:31 AM   #90
RaccoonNinja28

RaccoonNinja28's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamesB2 View Post
Well you sound like a fun person... seriously though have you ever read another achievement guide?

Some achievements are very poorly worded, just because it says beat a friend doesn't necessarily mean they have to be on your friends list.

This guide is pretty damn poor, you need information.

And calling people idiots is just not the way to go to be respected round here -_-
You need to calm down. Why don't you go ahead and make an Achievement Guide for this game than? Doubt it would be better than this one.

Murder Nature(Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon)
Kill all the Animal Types. 30

Deadliest Warrior: Legends

RaccoonNinja28 is offline   Reply With Quote