PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Harm's Way
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
SRJB

SRJB's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Exclamation Achievement Guide/ Road Map

Overview:
Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
Offline- 10 (180)
Online- 2 (20)
Approximate amount of time to 200- <1 hour
Minimum number of playthroughs needed- 1
Number of missable achievements- None
Do cheat codes disable achievements?- No cheats
Does difficulty affect achievements?- No
Glitchy achievements- None
Unobtainable achievements?- No

Introduction:
Harms Way is a free XBL arcade game combining racing and shooting it is extremely easy and actually quite fun, not to mention it is one of the easiest games to complete yet. You also get gamerpics for winning races as a turret and as the driver!

Abbreviated Walkthrough:
This game is easiest to complete with one single player game, followed by heading online with a partner for the remainder of the achievements.

Single Player- Start up the game in single player. Play as the driver and go for the win, you'll most likley get wrecked so you'll get that achievement too. Next, play as the Turret gunner. The AI driver should gather your upgrades, so you just have to take out the other drivers and turrets.

Online: Host a match (you dont even need to finish it) and then join a match for the two online achievements. Also, boost with a partner for any other turret/driver achievements you missed.

Credits: Watch them. Simple

Conclusion:
A very easy, fun, and free 200 . Not much else to say here. Thanks Doritos for another free game!

Turret Downgrade10 Activate a turret downgrade powerup
You need to be in a multiplayer game for this. As the driver just grab the power-up with the turret and red arrow to downgrade your opponents turret.
Turret takeover30 Shoot and takeover an enemy turret
This one has to be done in multiplayer. Play as the turret and take out another teams turret. Then take it over when prompted with .
Affiliation10 Join a multiplayer game for the first time
Head to the Achivement trading thread here and join a game to get the achievement.
Justin Carpenter Achievement10 Just look at credits
Go to Help & Options and click credits. You'll get it as soon as they start.
First Blood20 Wreck an opponent as a shooter
Mines, missles, whatever: Just wreck a driver as a turret.
Entertainer10 Host a multiplayer game for the first time
Go to Multiplayer, then create match. Once the lobby is started, you'll get the achievement.
Missile-Fest10 Get the missile launcher for the first time
This one is dependent on the driver. Once he collects the missle power up you will get the achievement.
Alternativley, you can actually shoot the power-up icons as the turret gunner.
Mine-Fest10 Deploy mines for the first time
Done as the turret, once your driver collects mines, you will get a HUD notice. Switch weapons with and fire them as usual with .
Flat Tire20 Hit the tires of a driver
Done as the turret, easiest with the Sniper Rifle (Starting Weapon), or the machine gun. Just zoom in on a tire and shoot it.
Alternatively, just play multiplayer and shoot your boosting partners tires'.
Get Wrecked10 Wreck your vehicle
Either crash until you explode or hope a turret gets ya. Simple.
First Win30 Win a game in Single Player
Can be done as the Driver, or as the Turret if the AI driver wins. Simply ensure your team comes in 1st.
Alternativley, just do a solo game and finish it at your own lesiure.
One shot kill30 Hit the windshield of a driver
This one is all about luck/skill. You need to shoot a driver in the windshield to get the one hit kill. I'd reccomend the Sniper. Just select a turret directly in front of a driver and hit it dead centre.
Alternatively, just play a multiplayer game with a partner and shoot him the windshield when he's sitting still.

Last edited by SRJB; 12-11-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Changes to Guide
SRJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Mounting Jew

Cheers for the effort but it took me about 12 minutes to do them all without a guide. I just came to see if anyone bothered LMAO
Mounting Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #3
LoKuS773

lokus773's Gamercard
Nice. Does this game offer any gamerpics like the other game?

LoKuS773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
You unlock one gamerpic..

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
What a small easy game..brilliant.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #6
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

Hahaha, I'm playing it right now and it's real fun. Thanks for the lil guide.

Signature by BAD VII

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
superdupergizmo

superdupergizmo's Gamercard
these are the easiest achievements i've come across. the only one i can't get is the affiliation one cos it can't find a match -.-
but yeah, it's ridiculous how easy this is. also it's free! should not be a 2/10 but a 1/10 or even a 0.. it takes no more than 15 minutes (except if you can't find a game like me =[)

superdupergizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #8
SRJB

SRJB's Gamercard

ya, you get one. I added it to the roadmap, thanks!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
10 mins all chievos, should be a 1/10 difficulty as you have to play it to get them
gazmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Atleast I got 2 gamerpics, one for driver and one for shooter.
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
Danger Logginns

Danger Logginns's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide! Like everyone said, easy stuff, but I still peeked at your guide for help.
Danger Logginns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #12
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
im confused on how u get the mine and missile achievements. i can't find those power-up and they aren't listed in the power up section of the menu. i've played over 4 races and 2 turret games and am still missing these achievements.

Once the driver collects mines, switch weapons as the gunner with . Fire them as usual with

what does this mean. how do u switch from the driver to the gunner? this game blows and i just want to get it over with.

GT: MASS D0MINATI0N
105 completed games 81 Retail - 25 Arcade
Mass Effect 3 - Liara & Garrus conversation:
Liara : Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercs with one bullet?
Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #13
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASS DOMINATION View Post
im confused on how u get the mine and missile achievements. i can't find those power-up and they aren't listed in the power up section of the menu. i've played over 4 races and 2 turret games and am still missing these achievements.

Once the driver collects mines, switch weapons as the gunner with . Fire them as usual with
what does this mean. how do u switch from the driver to the gunner? this game blows and i just want to get it over with.
you need to play a single player game as the shooter. When your driver runs through a turret upgrade, the game will announce your turret was upgraded..as the shooter press x and your gun will upgrade.

The way the OP worded that was funny, it took me a minute to figure that out.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #14
MASS DOMINATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
you need to play a single player game as the shooter. When your driver runs through a turret upgrade, the game will announce your turret was upgraded..as the shooter press x and your gun will upgrade.

The way the OP worded that was funny, it took me a minute to figure that out.
what to u mean by "your" driver? also I've played a few more games as the turret and I've pressed every 10 or so seconds and i still cant change weapons. none of the drives seem to be picking up the missiles or mines.

Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #15
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
what to u mean by "your" driver? also I've played a few more games as the turret and I've pressed every 10 or so seconds and i still cant change weapons. none of the drives seem to be picking up the missiles or mines.
The matches are set up as teams (1 driver in a vehicle and 1 shooter) Start a single player match as the shooter. When your teammate drives thorugh a a couple of turret upgrades the game will announce that you can upgrade your turret, thats when you press x. If you still are having trouble start a local match with a second controller and have the 2nd controller be the driver, then drive around looking for turret upgrades. When it says your turret was upgrades swicth to your main account (the shooter) and press x.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:00 AM   #16
CHAMP PHELPS

CHAMP PHELPS's Gamercard
Cool

I unlocked two gamerpics in the game to be honest one for completing a single player race.
CHAMP PHELPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #17
MASS DOMINATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
The matches are set up as teams (1 driver in a vehicle and 1 shooter) Start a single player match as the shooter. When your teammate drives thorugh a a couple of turret upgrades the game will announce that you can upgrade your turret, thats when you press x. If you still are having trouble start a local match with a second controller and have the 2nd controller be the driver, then drive around looking for turret upgrades. When it says your turret was upgrades swicth to your main account (the shooter) and press x.
thanks. i just did all of what u said in local coop. now i just need the "join a multiplayer game" achievement which I'll get with a friend later tonight.

its an easy 200G but I found it confusing since there aren't any tutorials. the only advice u get is in the loading menu and they are too short to really learn anything.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:37 AM   #18
Spanish Assault

Quote:
thanks. i just did all of what u said in local coop. now i just need the "join a multiplayer game" achievement which I'll get with a friend later tonight.

its an easy 200G but I found it confusing since there aren't any tutorials. the only advice u get is in the loading menu and they are too short to really learn anything.
glad I could help.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:40 AM   #19
SRJB

SRJB's Gamercard

changed the guide to re-word it better
Old 12-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #20
Balc0ra

Balc0ra's Gamercard
Quote:

I had the same issue. But when I played as the gunner. I figured out that as the gunner you can shoot the power ups to. Just find a green power up and shoot it with the sniper. It works for the driver to if he is close enough. Just shoot the shield power up when he is close and he should get it. We played split screen and my mate could not see to well lol. But as long as I shoot the power ups as the gunner it worked to. Did not work for the downgrade tho for some reason. That has to be done by the driver.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #21
zXpoZuRe

zXpoZuRe's Gamercard
I can confirm the multiplayer achievements (except join a game) can be done in Local Split-Screen against the bots.
zXpoZuRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #22
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Man i can't get this game because i'm in Australia, it says not available in my region
Old 12-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #23
zXpoZuRe

zXpoZuRe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
Man i can't get this game because i'm in Australia, it says not available in my region
Make another account, put it to another region. Download it, and go back on your main account.
zXpoZuRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #24
ChocoDK

Puppet Doctor's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide. Very easy achievements and its a fun game.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #25
monk3boy

m0nk3yboy's Gamercard
You can also upgrade your turret by being the shooter, and actually 'shooting' the upgrade to collect it. Find a turret with a clear view of the upgrade icon, use the sniper rifle, zoom in, bang...

Wait for it to respawn twice more, and bingo, fully upgraded, then release the hounds for two more cheevos.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #26
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk3boy View Post
You can also upgrade your turret by being the shooter, and actually 'shooting' the upgrade to collect it. Find a turret with a clear view of the upgrade icon, use the sniper rifle, zoom in, bang...

Wait for it to respawn twice more, and bingo, fully upgraded, then release the hounds for two more cheevos.
nice find!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #27
Grado

JtheRipper1337's Gamercard
for all of the achievements it can be found here :
Grado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #28
HoRneDieSeL

HoRneDieSeL's Gamercard
Great guide, was able to get 140 or so in hardly no time at all. Gold sub ran out so will renew and get the full 200.

Thanks!

Last edited by HoRneDieSeL; 12-11-2010 at 12:39 PM.
HoRneDieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #29
chucky3ds

Great guide! Just completed it... after 20 minutes! Surprisingly good lil' arcade game.
chucky3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #30
stephen ryan

rystmod's Gamercard
thank you!