PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Subject 16 Puzzle Guide

. .- -- .- .-.. .. ...- . 20
Solve all of Subject 16’s Puzzles.

Achievement name is in morse code. The real name of the achievement is "I Am Alive".

Introduction:

This is aimed to help you obtain the achievement for solving all of Subject 16's puzzles. The way it works is you find the portals that lead you to the puzzles and also solve each one in. There are 10 total and they are hidden on the walls of various locations. Use the map provided to locate them. Hold to get your special view and they appear as an extremely bright light. It does not matter what order you get them in, they will always appear as the next cluster in numeric order. If you have found 3 for example, no matter what, your next will be 4 and it will be the same puzzle. You do not have to complete them once you find them. After finding them, you may exit and they will be saved. Complete them at any time. To check if you've already solved a puzzle, highlight it and it will say "replay puzzle" by it.

Start > Database > The Truth > (then choose any cluster you have unlocked to play the puzzle)

Advice: Save the map, open it in paint, and mark off which locations you have been to.

Types of Puzzles: There are a few types of puzzles which will be explained below. These names are not given by the game, but what I will be refering them to as to make things easier. At the end of each cluster you will need to find and highlight red dots within the screen. These specific puzzles will not be in written form, as they are very easy but would be hard to describe accurately. Instead, you can do it yourself or view the videos for help on all puzzles, it's up to you.

Chess Board: This puzzle takes place on a chess board. The grid is set up and shows each square represented by a letter and a number. All you have to do is make the correct move.

Picture Selection: For picture selection you must choose the correct portraits which tie in to the hint given.

Picture Ring: There is a circle with a picture in it. There are rings within that circle that spin and mess the picture up. You must move the rings correctly to recreate the picture. When I mention in the guide the ring numbers, ring 1 is the center and every ring going out is the next in numerical order.

Code: You use the wheel as a guide to figure out what the code is, turning the wheel if need be. It will either be a number code or a symbol code.

Audio Spectrum: You must choose the right audio boxes in order to match the spectrum displayed on the right.

Symbol Locate: There is a templar symbol within the various pictures, so you must not only find the right picture, but locate the symbol within.

Quarantine: This is an easy part where you just need to search for the red dots and press on them while hovering over. It will reset if you don't find the next red dot in time.

Cluster 1 Solution

Puzzle 1: Picture Selection

Row One: 1, 3, 4
Row Two: 3, 5

Puzzle 2: Chess Board

Move white pawn on E2 two spaces up to E4.

Cluster 2 Solution

Puzzle 1: Picture Ring

(Ring 1 is the center and every ring going out is in numerical order).

Ring 2: 2 Right
Ring 3: 3 Left
Ring 4: 4 Left
Ring 1: 4 Left

Puzzle 2: Picture Ring

Ring 4: 2 Left
Ring 1: 5 Right
Ring 2: 5 Right
Ring 3: 4 Left

Puzzle 3: Picture Ring

Ring 4: 1 Right
Ring 3: 5 Right
Ring 2: 4 Right
Ring 1 3 Right

Puzzle 4: Chess Board

White pawn from F2 to F4.

Cluster 3 Solution

Puzzle 1: Symbol Locate

Choose the picture on the very right and highlight the flag on the left within that picture.

Puzzle 2: Code

Pick the symbols above the numbers on the wheel as follows: 5274. So you just look at each number and above it is the code you want to do (in that order).

Puzzle 3: Chess Board

Move white pawn from F4 to capture black pawn on E5.

Cluster 4 Solution

Row One: 2, 3, 5
Row Two: 4, 5

Puzzle 2: Picture Ring

Ring 3: 4 Right
Ring 1: 1 Right
Ring 4: 1 Right
Ring 2: 4 Left

Move white pawn on G2 to G3.

Puzzle 4: Audio Spectrum

Box 1 and 2

Cluster 5 Solution

Puzzle 1: Chess Board

Move queen from D1 to E2.

Puzzle 2: Symbol Locate

Choose top left picture and select blue circular area near top.

Puzzle 3: Code

D //// [|] [X][X]

The first is a half moon but in game it will be filled white.

The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Method; 03-05-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:12 AM   #2
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Cluster 6 Solution

Puzzle 1: Symbol Locate

Bottom left picture, select camera man.

Puzzle 2: Code

20, 27, 33, 13

Puzzle 3: Audio Spectrum

Row 1: Box 1 and 2
Row 2: Box 1

Move the Knight from G1 to F3.

Cluster 7 Solution

Row One: 2, 4
Row Two: 2,3,5

On the man in the middle, highlight left hand (on your right).

CMZK

Knight on B1 to C3

Cluster 8 Solution

1st Puzzle: Picture Ring

Ring 1: 4 Right
Ring 2: 1 Right
Ring 4: 3 Left

2nd Puzzle: Audio Spectrum

Row 1: Box 1
Row 2: Box 2
Row 3: Box 2 and 3

3rd Puzzle: Chess Board

Move the King E1 to F2.

Cluster 9 Solution

Row One: 2, 3
Row Two: 1, 3, 5

2nd Puzzle: Audio Spectrum

Row 1: Box 1 and 3
Row 2: Box 3
Row 4 Box 3

Move Bishop F1 to G2

Cluster 10 Solution

Puzzle 1: Picture Ring

Ring 4: 5 Right
Ring 1: 2 Right
Ring 2: 2 Right

Puzzle 2: Picture Selection

Row One: 3, 4
Row Two: 1, 3, 5

Puzzle 3: Symbol Locate

Choose top-most picture and highlight the bird.

Puzzle 4: Code

89, 5, 334 and 21

Puzzle 5: Audio Spectrum

Row 1: Box 1
Row 2: Box 2
Row 3: Box 3
Row 4: Box 3
Row 5: Box 3
Row 6: Box 3

Puzzle 6: Chess Board

Move king anywhere off of the board.

Xbox360 games I have

Last edited by Tyger7; 12-11-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
SHaDoWMooN7

SHaDoW MooN7's Gamercard
the picture selection is written wrong on sequence 7, its row one 2,4 the row 2 its 2,3,5
the video has it right
SHaDoWMooN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
Barad
I found some Exotic Socks

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I hate puzzles, this will come in great handy for me. Good job Tyger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
Bungie made a game where the most memorable thing about it is the constant spawning of enemies in front a small cave where people would stand and shoot endlessly.
Destiny is hands down best game in life.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaDoWMooN7 View Post
the picture selection is written wrong on sequence 7, its row one 2,4 the row 2 its 2,3,5
the video has it right
Thank you very much for pointing this out. I had been afraid I messed one of those up because I had originally written them as 1-10 but figured it'd be easier for people to just count by 5's per row. I appreciate it, if any others are wrong please let me know!

Xbox360 games I have

Last edited by Tyger7; 12-11-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #6
GallimoreNUFC

MilitarySaturn's Gamercard
Do I get the achievement for just finding all 10?
Old 12-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #7
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallimoreNUFC View Post
Do I get the achievement for just finding all 10?
No, you must also solve them!

Xbox360 games I have
Old 12-12-2010, 04:45 AM   #8
SHaDoWMooN7

SHaDoW MooN7's Gamercard
no worries tyger...this guide was great and thank you for it
SHaDoWMooN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #9
ParoXysm QC

ParoXysm QC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

What you do is always very appreciate!
Clean and clear!
Keep up the good work!
ParoXysm QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #10
Ic3DFire

IceDFire's Gamercard
Great guide, thanks man. I hate the collecting and guessing, just wanted the achievement + the little movie :+
Ic3DFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:48 PM   #11
Deathr0t

deathr0t's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for another great guide Tyger!

One thing - I was confused what you meant by Ring 1,2,3 and 4, didn't know if you started from inside or outside as far as counting, but the videos fixed that for me.

Deathr0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:12 PM   #12
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
a great guide nice and easy with this i genuinly think its impossable without it, its just so random.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:51 AM   #13
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathr0t View Post
Thanks for another great guide Tyger!

One thing - I was confused what you meant by Ring 1,2,3 and 4, didn't know if you started from inside or outside as far as counting, but the videos fixed that for me.
Updated the initial introduction (in picture ring part) to explain the order, as well as the first puzzle with the rings has a note in red on how to count it. Thanks for pointing this out, I had it in the back of my mind but forgot to mention it!

Xbox360 games I have
Old 12-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #14
trublustuuk

trublustuuk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
No, you must also solve them!
Grrrr guess i'm notgonna get this one. When I complette the second cluster, uit says to hit a to activate which doesn't seem to work so hit the back button whichdoes work meaning I have to do it again :/
Old 12-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #15
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublustuuk View Post
Grrrr guess i'm notgonna get this one. When I complette the second cluster, uit says to hit a to activate which doesn't seem to work so hit the back button whichdoes work meaning I have to do it again :/
Were you hitting on all the red dots hidden in the black area? That's how you solve that last part. Just move the circle around hitting every red dot you find. It is sorta timed, so if you mess up and take too long you gotta do them all over again. So after you find one, keep looking. Check the video for how it should look at the end.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 12-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #16
Capthxc

Lime Nugs's Gamercard
Quick question. I'm sure im not far enough in the game yet but i want to make sure.(Sequence 6) But how exactly do i get to number 1? It's one of the only ones left that i need, but I cant find a way in for the life of me.
Capthxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:36 AM   #17
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capthxc View Post
Quick question. I'm sure im not far enough in the game yet but i want to make sure.(Sequence 6) But how exactly do i get to number 1? It's one of the only ones left that i need, but I cant find a way in for the life of me.
that one's kind rough to get, you have to be real creative in climbing. Sequence 8 is where you'll get more play time in that area though!

Xbox360 games I have
Old 12-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #18
trublustuuk

trublustuuk's Gamercard
Quote:
Were you hitting on all the red dots hidden in the black area? That's how you solve that last part. Just move the circle around hitting every red dot you find. It is sorta timed, so if you mess up and take too long you gotta do them all over again. So after you find one, keep looking. Check the video for how it should look at the end.
Ah I thought it was just one of those random things where you just had to hit a before it opened the video part.

thanks I'll try that
Old 12-18-2010, 08:56 AM   #19
Bcleal

QcK Dagger HeaT's Gamercard
Thanks the maps and videos were a big help to popping this achievement

Born March 2010
10k-June 29 2010
20k-Oct. 28th 2010
30k-Feb. 2 2011
40k-Mar. 24 2011
50K-June 18,2011
Gamerscore Completion: (85.02%)
Bcleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #20
Arucard10

Thanks for the great guide sure it will be of significant use.
Arucard10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #21
phalanx 100

Send a message via AIM to phalanx 100

Phalanx 100's Gamercard
gee, thanks allot budy! i got it now and only need 7 more achievements(multiplayer)
phalanx 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #22
Kamakazi Pear

Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Great guide, thanks.

One thing I'd recommend is to also take a picture showing the glyph at each location. Just a location on the map can make it tricky to find the glyphs.

Thanks though, got 'em all!

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.

360voice | trueachievements
Kamakazi Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #23
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

That might have been a good idea, too late now I guess! I hope people will get the general idea.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 12-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #24
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
this has been very helpful...only 3 more to go.

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #25
WeemanNewYork

Send a message via AIM to WeemanNewYork

ReAl ImPuLsE's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thank for guide
Old 12-29-2010, 10:58 PM   #26
TehGreyWolf

GreyWolf2K's Gamercard
Cool guide
Old 12-30-2010, 03:40 AM   #27
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Cluster 5 Solution

Puzzle 1: Chess Board

Move queen from D1 to E2.

Choose top left picture and select blue circular area near top.

D //// [|] [X][X]

The first is a half moon but in game it will be filled black.

YouTube - AC: Brotherhood Puzzle Guide Cluster 5
It's filled white.

Great guide though, helped me with the achievement.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #28
Chimera v2

Chimera v2's Gamercard
Wish i had the patience to make a guide like this, not to mention the ability to create maps etc.
all i can say is thanks for your time.

100% completed retail

Modern Warfare 2
Assassins Creed 2
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Halo: Reach
Call of Duty: Black Op's
Fifa 11
100% completed arcade

Dead Rising: Case Zero
Harm's Way
Chimera v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:26 AM   #29
WHITESTAR 2032

WHITESTAR 2032's Gamercard
Great guide the location map was a big help.
WHITESTAR 2032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:05 AM   #30
brandonator14

Brandonator14's Gamercard
great guide, just got the achievement!!!

100K 4/16/2011 "Table Smasher 2000" The Simpsons Game
brandonator14 is offline   Reply With Quote