PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Madden NFL 09
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
ORTA:316

Send a message via MSN to ORTA:316

OR7A's Gamercard
6 Interceptions... any advice??

I'm completely stuck on this achievement. I played 15 min quarters, and still only managed 4 interceptions. I'm not terrible at Madden games, but I've always struggled with interception and force fumble achievements (I suck at defense!!). Any got any tips to help me? ANYTHING!! What team to be and against, a good play to get this (Both offense and defense coz I'm open to using a second controller at this point), anything please guys!!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #2
bl4ckblood

bl4ck blooc's Gamercard
play as Pittsburgh, the number one defense, and keep in man coverage. Every time you can, just take control of the guy and press y to pick it off. atlanta vs miami is also a good setup to use, i got 4 int. without even trying on 4 min quarters

bl4ckblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
oxsolidxsnakexo

Send a message via AIM to oxsolidxsnakexo

oxsolidxsnakexo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
try editting roster and set peoples CATCHING rating to 99.
15 minute quarters(if needed)?

and it almost doesnt seem like it matters what team, but i guess go with titans, steelers, broncos (according to the achievement pic?), or whatever.

everyone says MAN DEFENSE. itd help if they say...said a more specific play to those that arent too sure about that.

turn off penalties (just in case you get an INT and theres a penalty reversing it maybe?)

and ya idk, i dont even have it yet. i got everything else in 3 games and havent played since. now im goin back for this last one myself....
luckily its TEAM and not just WITH ONE PLAYER, eff that its bad enough..
oxsolidxsnakexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
Incubus21212

Incubus21212's Gamercard
I did this with two controllers and in the same game I got the 300 rush yards with the jets. I started a game playing the dolphins and set their difficulty to All Madden with mine as the Jets as Rookie. These are the plays I picked. For the dolphins on offense Pass/Quick Pass/TE Stick. And on the Jets defense I would pick Formation/Quarter/Normal/Cover 3. Hike the ball and float a pass to X. Watch the ball and as soon as it gets in front of your jets defensive player hit B then spam Y. I got 7 in 4 mins like this. When you get the interception punt the ball back to the dolphins and repeat. Everytime I passed to the x guy I had three defenders surrounding him.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus21212 View Post
I did this with two controllers and in the same game I got the 300 rush yards with the jets. I started a game playing the dolphins and set their difficulty to All Madden with mine as the Jets as Rookie. These are the plays I picked. For the dolphins on offense Pass/Quick Pass/TE Stick. And on the Jets defense I would pick Formation/Quarter/Normal/Cover 3. Hike the ball and float a pass to X. Watch the ball and as soon as it gets in front of your jets defensive player hit B then spam Y. I got 7 in 4 mins like this. When you get the interception punt the ball back to the dolphins and repeat. Everytime I passed to the x guy I had three defenders surrounding him.
This worked perfectly!!! Got 6 interceptions within 3 minutes, finished out the game and the achievement popped. Thank you so much

I despise multiplayer achievements!!

Last 100% complete - Ice Age Village 08/19/14

Dustinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:47 AM   #6
LilMissRoxy

Roxy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   Bright Idea   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 3   1,000 Posts   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Thank you! I was struggling with this and this made this achievement a walk in the park.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
xFreedomxMonk

xFreedomxMonk's Gamercard
Thanks it worked out very well!
xFreedomxMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #8
Squids

Danielwh2's Gamercard
Quote:
Cheers I'll try that out later

Most recent 100% completed: Tiger Woods PGA 11
Completed: Arcade [3] Retail [13]
28 November 2010: 40K
Squids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
bigrichienice1

bigrichienice1's Gamercard
Quote:
the above works brilliantly. got 4 interceptions in 1st quarter.thanks
Old 02-24-2010, 03:46 AM   #10
will851

will851's Gamercard
worked awsome for me to
will851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #11
armoured strife

Armoured Strife's Gamercard
Quote:
I used this method for a base of my own. How I did it;

Steelers Defence vs Oakland Offence

Had Oakland on the same play and hit X, used cover 3 for the steelers and every time McFadden would intercept. Had all 6 in the 2min quarter.

armoured strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:56 AM   #12
PrettyAverage

PrettyAverage's Gamercard
Thanks a lot, worked perfectly, had all 6 intercepts in 2 mins then ran out the clock
PrettyAverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #13
UnleashTheCASEY

unleashthecasey's Gamercard
You can pick the best defensive teams, but if you play with two controllers and float it, the picks are frequent and easy. If you play with the Falcons you can make sure to step out at the other team's 38 and get the 50yd FG while you're at it.

UnleashTheCASEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:37 AM   #14
Difficult Dave 2010

DifficuIt Dave's Gamercard
Worked perfect.
Difficult Dave 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #15
Mariner Mike 75

Mariner Mike's Gamercard
Just picked this game up at a good price and got my 6 ints, in the forth quarter of a game that I was boosting for other achievements, but wanted to get practice in using the Defensive play suggested above. Sweet!!!!
Mariner Mike 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #16
ShazamFTW

ShazamFTW's Gamercard
Love it. Was worried about this one and had it in 4 minutes. Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #17
Falk3r

Falk3r's Gamercard
Excellent tip. Worked beautifully.
Falk3r is offline   Reply With Quote