PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-13-2010, 03:58 AM   #1
Mikmaq Hunter

Mikmaq Hunter's Gamercard
"Valet" cheevo glitchd :(

okay i did it, and it didnt bloop, so i looked up a video guide, and i did what the guide did. i went back and it still didnt unlock, can sum1 help me pleeeease !!
Mikmaq Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
bigben1292

x BiGBeN o's Gamercard
ye i had the same problem did it 5 times before it popped up
Old 12-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
Katarn84

Katarn84's Gamercard
Got it first try. You know you actually have to destroy the walker? If I remember correctly i sent back to it two of his missiles (three make it blow) before crushing and launching the TIE.
Katarn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
II griever II

Griever x360a's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn84 View Post
Got it first try. You know you actually have to destroy the walker? If I remember correctly i sent back to it two of his missiles (three make it blow) before crushing and launching the TIE.
I can confirm that the one method of deflecting 2 missiles back prior to throwing TIE fighter didn't give me the cheevo after 3 times of trying, but then tried a second method which was immediately turning to stand behind TIE fighter, (after killing the stormtroopers) and crushing it before throwing it , killing the Walker with 1 hit.

II griever II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn84 View Post
You remembered incorrectly, then.

As Griever said, you can't throw the missiles back at the walker before attempting the Valet achievement, or it won't unlock. All of the damage must be caused by the TIE Fighter.

That may be your problem, Hunter, because the achievement is not glitched. (If I had a dime for every time somebody called an achievement "glitched" because of an error on their part, I might actually have enough money for Christmas presents.)
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
Mikmaq Hunter

Mikmaq Hunter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post

As Griever said, you can't throw the missiles back at the walker before attempting the Valet achievement, or it won't unlock. All of the damage must be caused by the TIE Fighter.

That may be your problem, Hunter, because the achievement is not glitched. (If I had a dime for every time somebody called an achievement "glitched" because of an error on their part, I might actually have enough money for Christmas presents.)
thanks ill go try throwin it rite away, and 'glitched' was a bad word, jus was rushin
Mikmaq Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
Katarn84

Katarn84's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh, ok. I didn't pay much attention when I got it about what I was doing.
Katarn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #8
Strongbow

Quote:

Wrong, I threw 2 missiles back at it then the Tie and the Achievement unlocked.
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
CPT_Pequet

sh0tty sh0t's Gamercard
I used the block (parry) technique with the two missles, as opposed to force gripping the two missles. reflect 2 missles and force grip and throw the tie fighter. easy breezy bro.....

Completed Games: Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, Darksiders, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2,Mass Effect 3, Marvel vs Capcom Origins, Killer Instinct Classic, and Bastion.
CPT_Pequet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #10
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Wrong, I threw 2 missiles back at it then the Tie and the Achievement unlocked.
It worked differently for me, then, because the achievement refused to unlock unless all the damage came from the TIE.

That would make it the second achievement to vary among players (the other being Use the Force, Luke).
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:56 AM   #11
TheWillSmith311

TheWillSmith311's Gamercard
I found the easiest way was to throw it right away rather than deflect or throw back any missiles. Worked first time.
TheWillSmith311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #12
treed052

treed052's Gamercard
i had to do it a few times to get it to work.
treed052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
Suki

i got this first time by throwing back 2 missiles then the tie fighter
Old 03-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #14
Jobbenar

Jobbenar's Gamercard
I kept throwing 2 missiles and then the Tie Fighter and never got the achievement. I tried it by just throwing the Tie straight away and it unlocked 1st time!
Old 05-01-2011, 03:07 AM   #15
EZEMONEY32

EZEMONEY32's Gamercard
I had more of a problem with the TIE actually hitting the walker. It kinda had a mind of its own
EZEMONEY32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #16
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I just tried this today and the walker's missiles kept destroy the tie before I could even line it up. Jesus I suck.

EDIT: I really need help with this achievement. It does not make any sense at all. When I try to force grip the tie, it merely blows up. It doesn't matter how long I hold the RT...if I merely tap it while the Tie is highlighted, it curls into a ball and blows up. My force grip is only at level 1 too. I don't understand how you even move it at all! The thing simply blows up every time. Is this a glitch? Can someone please explain this achievement to me?

SECOND EDIT: Okay, after about 30 f*cking tries, I finally figured it out. For those of you having trouble with this one and are confused like I was, I found it easier to get to an angle where you can see the tie fighter, still be close enough to it so it will highlight, and then hold down RT so it starts to levitate and crush in on itself. The key is to NOT take your finger off the RT until it is in a small ball. Then aim with your right thumbstick at the walker QUICKLY and then release RT. It should go flying towards it and unlock. I also found it helpful to NOT press RT all the way in. Make sure you are kind of half pressing the RT in and not all the way. Holy crap that was really annoying.

Last edited by HalfEVILmonkey; 05-16-2011 at 08:31 PM.
HalfEVILmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:50 AM   #17
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Glitched maybe not the best word to use for this one, but touchy sure is. I've seen video of achievement hunter tossing 2 missiles and then launching the Advanced Tie; achievement unlocked for him.
I tried that 3 times, no luck. I finally had to hide to the right of the tie so the walker couldn't see me and shoot it's missiles at me (they would always hit me or the crushed tie and throw off my tie toss). I then tossed the tie and achievement unlocked. Touchy for sure, working one way for some and not others. Good times.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote