PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-18-2011, 02:04 AM   #61
a random cat

SN0WC0NE17's Gamercard
I was shocked, confused, and excited all at the same time. When I saw when *censored,* I said to myself "W.T.F."
a random cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #62
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaicoWin View Post
It's been so long since I played 1 and 2, I'm not sure what is going on in 3. Why are they looking for these other temples? I thought finding the Apple of Eden was the end goal, since that was what you were after in the first game? Anyone give me a rundown of what is going on?

What I remember is that Desmond was used in the first one to locate the Apple of Eden, then after the Templars access that memory of where it is, they are going to kill him, cue Assassin's Creed 2 and the escape from Abstergo as well as training Desmond to be a real assassin.

Abstergo find them, and they are now on the run in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Missing anything? Still dunno what the big deal is with the satellites and everything though. Is Abstergo using the satellites to track Lucy and Desmond or the temples or what?
At the end of ACII, the story (on Desmond's side of reality) expanded from "Stop the Templars (Abstergo) from launching the satellite and taking over Earth by December 21, 2012" to, "Stop the Templars from launching the satellite and taking over Earth and stop the Sun from destroying the Earth by December 21, 2012". In short, the Templars are going to use a satellite to launch a Piece of Eden into space to amplify its effects to take over all of Earth. Meanwhile, Desmond has to also find a bunch of Pieces of Eden and return them to a bunch of temples somewhere on earth to stop a solar flare on the sun from destroying earth.

I can understand why you're confused; the modern day storyline isn't exactly easy to follow. A lot of people praise this series for its story, but IMO I think it sort of lost its focus starting with the ending to ACII, at least as far as Desmond's part of the story is concerned. Personally I think they should have just stuck to the stopping the satellite launch part of the story and dumped this whole "temple" thing. It's distracting from what was otherwise an interesting plot - stopping the Templars. Now stopping the Templars just feels like a subplot that they pushed aside. Just my two cents though.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #63
o5FLORIDAo5

O5 FLORIDA O5's Gamercard
im not sure she is dead, i can see her coming back it.. all happened so fast are we really sure what happened..

I hope they finish the series with a game that takes place completly in modern times. Imagine runing thru New York or Chicago as Desmond after modern tempelers assisnating them from rooftops.
o5FLORIDAo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #64
Zeemania

Zeemania's Gamercard
I didn't really like the storyline much and i feel pretty empty after beating campaign. should have had more in my opinion.
Zeemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #65
MattHaid

MattHaid's Gamercard
I kind of agree with the plot kind of "drifting" but at the same time I like the whole idea of end of the world. Now I'm saving the world from Templars and a solar flare? That's a lot on poor Desmond
MattHaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #66
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
I was mad. So very, very mad.

SSFIV - From C to shining C achievement unlocked!
xI WARFARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #67
txlonghorn124

txlonghorn45's Gamercard
These games are so addicting that once you finish you still need a fix for another
txlonghorn124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:50 AM   #68
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Just finished the game tonight. So, I was shocked and now very curious as to what happens next.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #69
SonikkuHedgehog

sonikkuhedgehog's Gamercard
relieved, empowered, and desiring more.
SonikkuHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #70
GrimSovereignty

Send a message via Skype™ to GrimSovereignty

GrimSovereignty's Gamercard

I was simply like... mixed with for beating it lol
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

GrimSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #71
DamienF

damienfierce87's Gamercard
After getting 100% on AC2 and having 8 more to get on AC:B I cannot wait until Revelations. The last game I picked up the day of was GTA:IV and that was forever ago and this is the next game I will get day of if they dont have a midnight release here.
DamienF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #72
PSlocombe

Peter Slocombe's Gamercard
I was screaming 'Noooooooo!' so unfair to stop like they did. A few weeks to go now
PSlocombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #73
Blue the Observer

BlueDragonRR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienF View Post
After getting 100% on AC2 and having 8 more to get on AC:B I cannot wait until Revelations. The last game I picked up the day of was GTA:IV and that was forever ago and this is the next game I will get day of if they dont have a midnight release here.
I just 100% AC:B not too long ago. Can't wait for Revelations. One of two game series that hasn't disappointed me yet. The other being Mass Effect.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:17 AM   #74
Robbo1991

Robbo1991's Gamercard
I finished the game like night and like most of the peoples responses on here was, "What?!?" but im still confused about the story because i've completed both 1 and 2 but with such a massive gap inbetween the first 2 and the third i havent got a clue whats going on?
So if anyone would be kind enough to give me a brief run down of the story either on this thread or private message id be grateful
Old 11-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #75
Soap of Death

Soap of Death's Gamercard
I didn't see it coming. I also hoped it wouldn't take long to see what happens next and as of now, the wait is only a few more days.
Soap of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #76
Huxy87

JHuxyboosh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo1991 View Post
I finished the game like night and like most of the peoples responses on here was, "What?!?" but im still confused about the story because i've completed both 1 and 2 but with such a massive gap inbetween the first 2 and the third i havent got a clue whats going on?
So if anyone would be kind enough to give me a brief run down of the story either on this thread or private message id be grateful

Completely agree with this, so much has happened and I havent got a clue, im just so confused and when i do the subject 16 puzzles i just freak out with confusion!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #77
commandscorpion

CommandScorpion's Gamercard
yeah i got 100% in both ac1 +2 but i felt the multi player just spoiled acb
commandscorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #78
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

I want to play Revalations now, but will have to wait until the next year.

I'm going to play AC2 and Brotherhood again main story only no side quests, and play them back to back like I did AC2 and Brotherhood.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:01 AM   #79
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I was like "wtf, that can't be it, AC2 was better so the least they could do was make this one longer." But alas it was around 2/3 as long as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
I want to play Revalations now, but will have to wait until the next year.

I'm going to play AC2 and Brotherhood again main story only no side quests, and play them back to back like I did AC2 and Brotherhood.
I actually played them back to back too. I bought AC2 a fair while after it came out(I didnt get my 360 till 2010 either), then played that. Then immediately the next day rented brotherhood. Which is why it is so easy for me to compare the two.

Last edited by hydrosugar; 12-24-2011 at 04:03 AM.
hydrosugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:31 AM   #80
Keishmonger

Keishmonger's Gamercard
One of the most disappointing endings of all time. This game was amazing, I really enjoyed it, but then I got to the ending and none of the other gameplay can make up for that...
Keishmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:01 AM   #81
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
it's like mario killing peach at the end of a mario game... just wtf

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:10 AM   #82
Makalu

Alix Novosi's Gamercard
I was pissed at the cliffhanger, but thought it was well done.
"That coffee's hot, right?"
"Yeah, it's really hot."
"It's actually iced coffee. I had Genis make it cold."
"O-of course it's cold. "
"I lied. It's hot. "
"..."
-Tales of Symphonia
Makalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #83
pryrax

Pryrax's Gamercard
Was one of those games that you just play and then when you see the credits start rolling you wonder just what happened. You have to play it a second time to truely see what really happened.
pryrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #84
Rosalie

RosalieYoshi's Gamercard
What it felt like for me was like "WHY!!!!!!" and then i went online to look up when the next part would come out
Rosalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #85
Shadowmask12

Shadowmask12's Gamercard
Revelation's had already come out by the time I finished up the main quests and story line, and so I knew I would yet get to know the real ending. [SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVE NOT BEATEN THE GAME ALREADY, however being in this thread it is assumed that you have] I had a feeling that Lucy was up to something with some of the other hints that had been dropped in puzzles and such, but that ending pretty much confirmed it. I did not like that exact ending however because it brought up even more questions. Can't wait to hit up Revelations and see what happens.

Last edited by Shadowmask12; 02-07-2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Spoilers
Shadowmask12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #86
Rolks

rolks's Gamercard
Me, I'm just confused. Luckily have the game guides for all of the games, and they have plot summaries at the end. I still can't figure out if the two "Roman Gods" are on the same side or different sides.
Rolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #87
CharlieJoe

CharlieJoe's Gamercard
Happy

Happy overall, the game was great. The best in the series so far IMO.
CharlieJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #88
metallfan

metallfan's Gamercard
I agree, these games have gotten better and better IMO.
metallfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #89
Jchandler1985

jchandler85's Gamercard
I'm really not sure what to feel about the ending. I'm just confused about the whole roman gods story in the first place. I just need to take a look at the guides and read up on the full story.
Jchandler1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #90
NvizoN

Send a message via AIM to NvizoN Send a message via MSN to NvizoN Send a message via Yahoo to NvizoN

KeithT722's Gamercard
I beat it the other day. I couldn't figure out what happened. I mean, I have a theory about what happened and why it happened, but it's only a theory. I can't wait to play Revelations to find out if I'm right or not. But I agree with someone else who posted, such an aggravating cliffhanger.
NvizoN is offline   Reply With Quote