PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Quake Arena Arcade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
Marco DeGammo

Marco Degammo's Gamercard
"i can win" achievement not unlocking

me and my friend were playing and i won 5 in a row and he got the cheeve after losing 5 and i didnt anything. ive now won like 12 matches and still nothing. anyone else run into this.

Marco DeGammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
KiddingPigeon

KiddingPigeon's Gamercard
Perhaps a bugger up in the wording? I doubt it but if your friend got it after losing 5 ranked match's in a row, perhaps the achievement is in an inverted state? Try with losing 5 in a row and please confirm on here your findings.
Cheers

1)Weezing
2)Mew
3)Metagross
4)Kyorge
5)Porygon Z
6)Tyranitar

Xbox Master
Pokemon Master
Noobs Beware
KiddingPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
Marco DeGammo

yeah we were playing i was trying to get the cheeve and won 5 ranks in a row on the 5th win he got the cheeve, i got nothing and he not won a game at all yet. i tried losing 5 in a row, winning 5 in a row after that, had him host and i lost 5 in a row again , then went on about a 11 game streak of wins and still nothing , ive played a couple of random games since then have lost more then 5 to randoms so it seems like its not reversed. my only thought is that it has something in place to prevent boosting

Old 12-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
Fuzzy Dem0n

Fuzzy Dem0n's Gamercard
me and a buddy were jstplaying ranked matches agains each other for fun and after about 7 wins i didn't get the achievemnt, so i joined a random ranked match and won. at the end of the match the achievment unlocked. 5 wins isn't mutch you dont really need to boost for it, but if you do thne you'll have to win on legit i belive to unlock this achievment.
Fuzzy Dem0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:07 AM   #5
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher's Gamercard
Same thing happened to me.
We were boosting my friend got it after just 2 matches and I have won 7 won 1 legit and still nothing something is bugged here
Old 12-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
KiddingPigeon

KiddingPigeon's Gamercard
I got my 5 wins Legit and achievement pooped on the 5th win (in a row if this helps?) also when the timer is counting down at the end I never quit the match, I let the timer time out.
I then found a another gamer wanting to boost the humiliation achievement and push someone to their death achievement, so let him win 5 times in a row and he got the achivment (Didnt quit let the time run out, and we were playing CTF)

hope this helps!

1)Weezing
2)Mew
3)Metagross
4)Kyorge
5)Porygon Z
6)Tyranitar

Xbox Master
Pokemon Master
Noobs Beware
KiddingPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher's Gamercard
I think it's something to do with that timer then.
Mote than likely not waiting on the time counts as a quit.
Since leaderboards only track kills.

I will test it today.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddingPigeon View Post
I got my 5 wins Legit and achievement pooped on the 5th win (in a row if this helps?) also when the timer is counting down at the end I never quit the match, I let the timer time out.
I then found a another gamer wanting to boost the humiliation achievement and push someone to their death achievement, so let him win 5 times in a row and he got the achivment (Didnt quit let the time run out, and we were playing CTF)

hope this helps!
Yep just tried this even did more than 5 and it didn't work.
But that was for Free for All gonna try CTF and post results
Old 12-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #9
aB1s

aB1s's Gamercard
I played today with chucky3ds and it worked like a charm for me after 5 online ranked wins.
Had no problems with this achievement.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:07 AM   #10
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
EDIT: It just unlocked at my fourth game of TDM. Wtf.

I've done five games of CTF set to one cap, more than five games of FFA set to five kills, and I'm doing five games of TDM right now and it still has not unlocked. Why must this be glitched?

Last edited by Nevander; 12-18-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:47 AM   #11
Alpha Till

Alpha Till's Gamercard
i and 2 friends had some problems unlocking it, too, but we figured out the following: when i hosted a lobby for 2 players, my friend got it after 4 games (he didn't play any ranked match before) and he actually lost 3 games including the last. for me it didn't unlock even after i won 5 matches and then lose one or so. then we decided to switch host. i let him host a game and after some games (maximum 3 but i played with other hosts one or two matches before) i got the achievement (by losing a game). another friend joined us and he got the achievement after his 4th game, too, again by loosing. so my conclusion is: you mustn't be host if you have this glitch and probably you have to lose some games.
the settings were: free for all, 5 kills, 2/4 player lobby, any map

Last edited by Alpha Till; 12-19-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Alpha Till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #12
lordbrunskog

lordbrunskog001's Gamercard
I unlocked the achievement yesterday... by loosing...
lordbrunskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:32 AM   #13
Waran Esmil

Waran Esmil's Gamercard
I won about fifteen matches in a row of multiple modes and the damn thing still hadn't unlock. The first match I LOSE it unlocks.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:08 PM   #14
Marco DeGammo

i still havent gotten it, ive tried everything now, i won like 10 games of FFA in a row, 10 games of TDM, lost 10 of each in a row. Nothing seems to work and all the people ive tried it with have gotten the achievement early like in 3 wins or so , or gotten it by losing. I dont get it. ive deleted my save and the game redownloaded it. i dont know what else to try

Old 12-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #15
planting42

planting42's Gamercard
Had similar issues. My boost account won the I can win achievement through losses. I won well over 20 FFA's, 20 1 Flag's and a few of the other modes... after clearing cache and new savefile and 5 Team Deathmatches it unlocked here.

Anyone else think its odd you capture flags to your opponents base... and it says you loose but gives you the capture and points.
planting42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #16
ShortyTHEone

Send a message via ICQ to ShortyTHEone

ShortyTHEone's Gamercard
i got my achievement also like some other bye loosing, played some games with a friend of mine, i deffinitly won more then 5 games, then he won one game and we BOTH got the achievement for winning 5 games (he was winning i was loosing but still got it)

ShortyTHEone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:57 AM   #17
EnemyBritBomber

Send a message via AIM to EnemyBritBomber

EnemyBritBomber's Gamercard
ok i will say what i have done, boosted 5-10 hosted ranked matches all won ctf 1 limit, no achievement, lost 1 then won again no achievement, boosting partner takes host, into TDM 5 kills, win every game and after game let timer run out, 5 wins in a row and mine unlocked right after the 5th kill in game 5 didnt have to let timer run out on that last game. who knows. i got my info from here http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...d=m-1-57750615 where it says seems to be a problem with hosting... maybe its both hosting, timer running out and have to be TDM?? like i said i dunno but just gave my exact way how i got it lol, good luck
EnemyBritBomber is offline   Reply With Quote