PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Tron: Evolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
BruDrew

megaofmen's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Tips for finishing insane mode

I have all the achievements in the game, and figured I'd help out some people who are struggling to get through insane mode, as there are a few parts that are a bit tough to get through.

1. I'd highly advise ranking up to level 50 before attempting. It'll make your life much easier. At the very LEAST you should have all the single player upgrades before you attempt.

2. If you don't have to fight, don't. There are a few parts of the game where you can just continue on and ignore the enemies. This not only saves you time, but a few somewhat difficult fights.

3. Bomb disc is your best friend against most enemies. At level 50, 2 hits from this will kill most of the regular enemies, 3-4 for most of the others. Only a few aren't really affected by it.

4. The enemies you have to parry are also fairly weak to a heavy disc hit. Exploit this when you can, but don't get reckless, as their discs take off a lot of health if they hit you.

5. Tanks are tough to kill on foot, but if you get at one of the back corners about an inch or two away on screen and keep trying to head towards their back, they can't turn fast enough to aim at you, letting you throw your bomb disc in relative safety.

6. Black guard grenadiers, especially the ones in the final fight, are tough as nails, however, there is a VERY useful trick to beating them. Whenever you can, stasis disc them, then switch to heavy disc and pound the crap out of them with it. stasis will ensure you they don't dodge the disc, and the heavy disc hits them for quite a bit of damage. It will still take a good bit to kill them, but no where near as long as any other method I've tried.

7. In the final fight, when you have black guards to kill, focus on killing them. The first 2 sets of fights will automatically end as soon as both guards are dead. if you start to get some regular enemies too close for comfort or they start making killing the black guards difficult, quickly kill them off and then return focus on the black guards.

8. ALWAYS refill energy and health before moving on after a fight. There are a few fights where you won't have a lot of energy available to grab, or there will be multiple enemies who WILL attack simultaneously, causing massive damage to you.

9. If your health falls below 75%, heal. Otherwise your chances of dying are very high. enemies on insane deal a lot of damage, and more often then not, you'll get hit by 2 or 3 guys at once, which is more than enough to kill you at anything less than 75% health.

10. Stay on the move. You should be moving, preferably sprinting, constantly. You're a lot harder for enemies to hit when you are moving, even harder when sprinting.

11. Try to learn to use the dodging ability rapidly, that is hitting left trigger and a plus some direction almost instantly together. I've noticed that when you dodge, pretty much no attack CAN hit you. I've dodged ground pounds, bombs, discs, and even tank shots with this move.

Hopefully these tips will help you in places you're struggling. and feel free to add any tips you might have guys. Happy achievement hunting.
BruDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
The Slurbs

The Slurbs's Gamercard
Some good stuff in there.

I'd like to add that during my hard run I was using the bomb disc a lot, mainly + but found out that almost all enemies that aren't specifically weak to something else take far more damage from the heavy disc's + attack as well as it's still effective from further away.

Also, lots of the harder to kill enemies, such as black guards, can often be knocked off the edge. I killed the level 2 boss in one hit using the heavy disc and hitting him with just as he was jumping to do his aerial attack. When this isn't possible I did the same as your tip 6 using the stasis slam followed by 4 heavy disc slams before running way to get more energy.

Edit: During the tank section in chapter 2, when the bridge is destroyed it causes your camera, and therefore your turret to be facing away from the enemies. You can keep this from happening by driving off the left side before it gets bombed.

Last edited by The Slurbs; 12-15-2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Additional info
The Slurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
RicoStealth

thnks i needed that
RicoStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #4
Books83

Books83's Gamercard
Also if you need a breather to get energy or health stealth helps out alot in ensuring that you can get to it before you get derezzed. Stealth also helps on the tougher guys. It gives you a chance to plan your attacks.

Don't forget that the passive power of corruption refills energy. Corruption is also good against the sentries with shields. It will disable the sheild for a short time saving energy compared to getting rid of it with the bomb disc.
Books83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
Owen H Brown

Owen H Brown's Gamercard
I have fully upgraded my characters single player abilities and I am level 34. I haven't bought any disc upgrades as I thought they were only useful for MP melee combat.

Are you telling me that my character still gains more strength when I level up, even though there's nothing else to buy? I already have the "digital shopping spree" achievement, you see.

I am just at a point where I feel ready to take on Insane mode. I will happily grind my way to 50 before doing so, but only if I am actually going to be stronger or better at level 50 than I am now...

Please clarify.
Owen H Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
Owen H Brown

Owen H Brown's Gamercard
In response ot my above post. I you don't waste any XP on Grid Upgrades and Grid Loadouts, then you should have the strongest possible single player character by the time you reach level 40.

If you start playing through insane at level 40, you will have popped level 50 by the time you unlock the Insane achievement. I did this the other day.
Owen H Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Thanks, didn't know you could dodge in this game, i'll try it when i get back to it. Another tip for killing the guards that always dodge your disc is to use stasis on them, then the bomb disc 1-2 times. I found this the easiest way to kill them.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #8
Vulger Spartan

Send a message via ICQ to Vulger Spartan

VulgerSpartan's Gamercard
Also I'd Like to say that Equipping the Stasis Disc, standing still for a few seconds lets you go into "Stealth Mode" it's when your characters suit lights will go dark so Enemies Can't See You. Holdig Left Trigger (block) lets you move fairly quickly without leaving "Stealth Mode".

I rarely have to use ETCs to get health, it's very effective. Even all the Bosses like Abraxas, Corrupted Gibson & the Various 'super hard' Black Guards will Ignore You while your in stealth.

UPDATE I just finished Insane Mode & Figured out another Tactic for beating the Black Guard Variations. the Grenadiers will be tedious no matter what tactic you use but be patient.

Black Guard Grenadier & Basic Strategy I used
I Used "Stasis Stealth Mode" while holding LT so I could move close to the enemies & walk up to the Black Guards Hold RT (don't move your character or you'll leave Stealth) then hit Y (RT+Y) you'll do that Stasis Spin Move & As long as you hold RT you'll be invincible to their Grandes, Then Spam the X button. Wait about 4 second while your shields are up then do RT+Y again to Make your invincibility shields last longer & Continue to spam X after to take their health down.

For the Second (Fighting Staff) Black Guards:
use the Stealth mode then RT+Y Tactic Again as above but Try to keep them Near the Edge of the platform where they first appear, if You Keep Hitting RT+Y you can force them off the ledge to their deaths. I Derezzed them in less than a minute.

For the Katana wielding Black Guards:
Again Try to keep them Near the Edge of the platform where they first appear & Use the Stealth & RT+Y Tactic. But after they're in Slow-Mo from the RT+Y Stasis Move, switch to Bomb Disc & use LT+Y to Ground pound them till they fall off the ledge.

ABRAXAS
Stealth doesnt work well once Abraxsas starts using those stations, Use RT + Y to do stasis spin for invincibility when Abraxas makes those shock waves while at one of the 4 energy stations. then when your close throw a bomb disc at the energy beam in the station & go back to stealth while you wait for the ETCs & Energy refill spots to come back online.

Dont forget after you do RT+Y while stasis is equipped keep holding RT to keep invincibilty going.

#WINNING!

Last edited by Vulger Spartan; 04-10-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Vulger Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:00 AM   #9
scoobymad

lunatic learner's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulger Spartan View Post
Also I'd Like to say that Equipping the Stasis Disc, standing still for a few seconds lets you go into "Stealth Mode" it's when your characters suit lights will go dark so Enemies Can't See You. Holdig Left Trigger (block) lets you move fairly quickly without leaving "Stealth Mode".

I rarely have to use ETCs to get health, it's very effective. Even all the Bosses like Abraxas, Corrupted Gibson & the Various 'super hard' Black Guards will Ignore You while your in stealth.

UPDATE I just finished Insane Mode & Figured out another Tactic for beating the Black Guard Variations. the Grenadiers will be tedious no matter what tactic you use but be patient.

Black Guard Grenadier & Basic Strategy I used
I Used "Stasis Stealth Mode" while holding LT so I could move close to the enemies & walk up to the Black Guards Hold RT (don't move your character or you'll leave Stealth) then hit Y (RT+Y) you'll do that Stasis Spin Move & As long as you hold RT you'll be invincible to their Grandes, Then Spam the X button. Wait about 4 second while your shields are up then do RT+Y again to Make your invincibility shields last longer & Continue to spam X after to take their health down.

For the Second (Fighting Staff) Black Guards: use the Stealth mode then RT+Y Tactic Again as above but Try to keep them Near the Edge of the platform where they first appear, if You Keep Hitting RT+Y you can force them off the ledge to their deaths. I Derezzed them in less than a minute.

For the Katana wielding Black Guards:Again Try to keep them Near the Edge of the platform where they first appear & Use the Stealth & RT+Y Tactic. But after they're in Slow-Mo from the RT+Y Stasis Move, switch to Bomb Disc & use LT+Y to Ground pound them till they fall off the ledge.

ABRAXAS
Stealth doesnt work well once Abraxsas starts using those stations, Use RT + Y to do stasis spin for invincibility when Abraxas makes those shock waves while at one of the 4 energy stations. then when your close throw a bomb disc at the energy beam in the station & go back to stealth while you wait for the ETCs & Energy refill spots to come back online.

Dont forget after you do RT+Y while stasis is equipped keep holding RT to keep invincibilty going.

This works

Many thanks fella ... was on the last part for around a hour and counldnt get to the next checkpoint

thats another 1000 points
Old 05-25-2011, 07:08 AM   #10
phobzy85

Send a message via MSN to phobzy85

Phobzy85's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Stasis RT+Y makes you invincible?? Really? It's pretty awesome I just learned how to use stealth. Going through on hard last night I got from chapter 1 to 6 in an hour and half. It is really handy. For the bomb guards. Stealth sneak and use time smash. Then switch to bomb and RT+Y at them then if you keep hold of RT and run in circles hitting them or coming back and two their bomb's don't seem to land on you. It's only when you are stationery them bomb's hurt you it seems.

I wish they didn't make games where you had to beat hard to play insane. Oh well.

phobzy85 is offline   Reply With Quote