PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
Subscribe    Donate
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
Quick links
Latest news
Jan 27, 2009 More Matt Hazard Returns Vids Than You Know What To Do With
Oct 03, 2008 D3 Announces Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

Old 05-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
SpyTip

Gamertag: Smooth Wrecker
Is this game any good?

Been hearing that its a funny game at first then it just gets lame and stupid after wards
Old 05-17-2009, 03:55 AM   #2
VA1N

Gamertag: va1n
Rent it after you finish playing a good game. It's kind of funny. I'm about half way through. The achievements are funny too. It's a rental, definitely not a buy. Not a buy under any circumstance.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
Baryonyx

Gamertag: Indigo Potato
I bought it on the cheap. Doesn't play too badly and the jokes are funny. You'll appreciate it more if you've been a hardcore gamer for a long time though (I'm talking from around the 16-bit era).

Call of Duty 4 - 1000/1000
Call of Duty 2 - 1000/1000

Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
Blackdog35

Gamertag: Blackdog35
I think i'll keep this one as a rental even though it is now a bargain bin game.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:22 AM   #5
Kunduz

Gamertag: Herr Karamell

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
sweet, I might rent this then :P
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
neoadorable

just ordered it and hoping it'll be ok...appreciate the comment from Baryonyx regarding being an older gamer...have been in the hobby for 30 years and so hoping the jokes will make me chuckle.
neoadorable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:40 AM   #7
NunyaBuziness

Gamertag: Worried Weasel
It was to me a game that made me laugh. I wanted to post some of the funny lines, but as many of you have yet to put it in...let you see and hear for yourself. We only rented it, but glad we did. The hardest difficulty though is really fairly tough in some areas.
NunyaBuziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:07 AM   #8
neoadorable

thanks for the feedback and for avoiding the spoilers. seems there's some really ridiculous achieves that MS should have stopped during certification...like 60G for watching the credits? won't even bother with that one!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #9
NunyaBuziness

Gamertag: Worried Weasel
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoadorable View Post
thanks for the feedback and for avoiding the spoilers. seems there's some really ridiculous achieves that MS should have stopped during certification...like 60G for watching the credits? won't even bother with that one!
For the credits, just let it roll went and did things around the house and came back once it was done...really isn't so bad and I was trying to get 100% but that darn 3 techies with one grenade did my head in. I tried for two days and gave up and sent the game back.
NunyaBuziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #10
WoodsMonk

Gamertag: WoodsMonk
Wow what a crap game! , Glad I rented this,I'm only going to play it on Minimum Hazard and get all the achievements I can,then send it back.

A contender for Worst game of the year?

Last edited by WoodsMonk; 05-21-2009 at 01:31 PM.
WoodsMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #11
WoodsMonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsMonk View Post
Wow what a crap game! , Glad I rented this,I'm only going to play it on Minimum Hazard and get all the achievements I can,then send it back.

A contender for Worst game of the year?
I have since changed my mind, Ok it's not perfect but it is quite funny.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #12
here2infirmary

Gamertag: xhere2infirmary
i really enjoyed this game. just did the one play through on maximum hazard, and then replayed a few levels to get me to 1k. i got it for 12.87 and am trading it in today for 18; can't complain

here2infirmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #13
neoadorable

this is definitely not the worst game of the year. it's not that bad at all. the humor is quite good, and it's true you need to be an older gamer to get the 8 bit and 16 bit references. But also some new games get spoofed - i laughed out loud when the Bioshock joke came up.

As for the achievements, will intentionally avoid the 60GS one for watching the credits. Check my account if you don't believe me! Getting five points for pausing the game was enough of an insult. Yeah, i got it, they're making fun of the entire achievement thing - very funny!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #14
Nooza

Gamertag: Nooza
anyone have a good estimated time for how long it took to 1000. Considering that i will start off on the hardest difficulty.
Nooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #15
KillTheft_Echo

Gamertag: Perpetual Echo

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Yea, like people have said above. DO NOT BUY IT. Playing through 2 times to get the achievements is more then enough for a lifetime. Still, good rental.

I bleed Orange & Blue
KillTheft_Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #16
here2infirmary

Gamertag: xhere2infirmary
if it's all you're playing, probably just a few days to 1k. i don't generally tend to play on the hardest setting, and i haven't had my xbox long, but i managed to get it all polished off in a few days and with a bit of perseverance. the only bit i really struggled with was the last level about mid way through and at the end.
kicking the cowboy and the grenade tester were annoying, but not extremely hard once you figure out where you need to shoot/be to get them.

i bought 2 copies. 13 each, and getting 18 trade-in on them. 10 for free to put towards something else like prototype that i would have been buying anyway.

here2infirmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #17
WoodsMonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoadorable View Post
this is definitely not the worst game of the year. it's not that bad at all. the humor is quite good, and it's true you need to be an older gamer to get the 8 bit and 16 bit references. But also some new games get spoofed - i laughed out loud when the Bioshock joke came up.
What was the bioshock joke?I must of missed that one!
Old 05-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #18
xfatty

I've been gaming for awhile and I'm finding most of the dialogue terrible and awkwardly delivered. Some funny bits tho, but it gets worse as the game drones on

As for the game play it's mediocre at best. I'm almost done with Minimum Hazard after only about 4 hours and my brain feels like it's melting, going numb from this dumb boring game

So no, it's not good. But it's not god awful. It had a great concept that just wasn't executed very well. If this had some decent writers behind it it could've been great

Edit: The Altos Tratus battle is great lol, that and the Master Chef bit really had me laughing. The rest is pretty dumb

Last edited by xfatty; 05-30-2009 at 09:35 AM.
xfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #19
neoadorable

hey monk - they had a quick spoof of the Bioshock cover when Matt was explaining his selling out process, how he was making games in every genre etc.

have to revise my comments on this game - gave up on it during the tentacle boss battle. it was just a chore and annoying, i always wonder what game designers are thinking to themselves when they play test stuff like that. They really think people enjoy the tedium? idiots.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #20
P1TTMAN

Gamertag: Lt Lemonhead

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Do you mean the tentacles were too hard, or just too stupid and easy? Just wondering, 'cause that pissed me off until I figured it out...

I thought some of the easy achievements were funny, like the "Thank you for playing my game!" I wanna be in this industry, just so I can make one game that gives away a 1000pt achievement as soon as it loads (just to piss off everyone that was looking forward to fun achievement-hunting) and another game with one thousand 1pt achievements that are completely random (like, "Take 3 steps forward, then 2 steps back").

Of course, MS would have to change the rules again...

P1TTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:08 AM   #21
dorkzilla123

Send a message via AIM to dorkzilla123 Send a message via Yahoo to dorkzilla123

Gamertag: dorkzilla123

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I just rented this game and I am pleasantly surprised. The achievements don't look too hard. The only one I believed to be hard was the 2 headshots with one bullet, but I got it. I have no desire to play this on any difficulty other than minimum hazard due to the fact that it's a rental and I expect to get about 600-700 out of it. It's a fairly decent shooter and the lines (especially when you get an achievement) make me smile because I loved the 16-bit era.

Definitely worth a 5 day rental at most. If you want the 1k, wait for it to be $10. in a few months. I give it a 7/10.

Cheers!

Total Complete: 64 (44 retail, 16 arcade & 4 WP7)
dorkzilla123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:15 AM   #22
agentplatypus

Its a good rent. Its a funny game but if you're going for the 1k the last few achievements can be quite annoying.

agentplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #23
Calendars

Gamertag: Calendars
man, this game was so good. Will Arnett is pretty much the man, and his voice acting was SPOT ON. It's an arcade shooter, meant more for fun than "omg technical tactical lololol". You die a couple of times, memorize the patterns, and fight like a pro. The altos boss made me piss my pants it was so good, and the rest of the game just kept me laughing. The enemies aren't the most varied in the world, but I was totally cool with that. Don't go into this expecting call of duty 17, go into this thinking about having a good time and it's fuckin great.
Calendars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #24
GUNSANDBUTTA

Gamertag: GUNSANDBUTTA
I didn't think this game was bad at all and I thought it was pretty funny to allot of people said that tentical boss was hard but I beat him my first try so I would say get this game (rent) its a fun 1000
Old 07-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #25
l.maciver

Gamertag: xvampmanx
wasnt bad, is funny cause its witty-humor. wasnt as bad as review claim, its worth a rental or in my case about 15 pounds. so no to bad.

l.maciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #26
big red marino

Gamertag: big red marino

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth (Retired)
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I thought this game was hilarious. Mostly because of the nostalgia involved. They poke fun at everything that is video games. The game play was pretty decent and some of the other elements of the game are pretty cool as well. For example the cover system they provide works decent enough. As a rental you can knock out a 1000 in about three 5 hours sessions, starting the game on Maximum Hazard. There are a few challenging parts, but mostly the game is a breeze.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:11 AM   #27
Pedle Zelnip

This was in a different thread but summed up my experience almost exactly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperChondriacMusic View Post
So far this game in the most part has been unfunny and highly frustrating. It may be light hearted for the first couple of levels, but the lines MH says become repetitive and unfunny. Repeating a point above, it is an interesting idea for a game, spoofing itself and other games, but the gameplay is poor, some of the checkpoints aren't thought through. I am a hardcore gamer, have been for 14 years, but this is poor, i'm glad i rented it.
There was potential here, and some of the jokes are really funny, but the gameplay completely lets it down.

Especially on max hazard the game is just such a frustrating experience. I've lost count of how many times I've died because I had my crosshair on a guy, pulled the trigger and teh shot went through the guy instead of hitting him. Or times when I was shot through cover. Or times when I got stuck on cover and couldn't get away.

I'm on my 2nd playthrough (did my 1st on min hazard) and none of the jokes are funny anymore.

Honestly, I'd say avoid this one, though I will admit there were a number of LOL moments in it on my 1st playthrough. But as a game, it's garbage.
Pedle Zelnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #28
Seren

Gamertag: Pelaquin
I picked this game up for 7.90 new from gamestation on sale, i have to say i was not expecting much but to my suprise it turned out to be a very good game ( at least for the price ), the graphics are not great but there good enough, the controls are almost spot on, and the references to other games from 25 years of videogames are funny, as are some of his one liners when your waiting in the lift for example and he says something along the lines of " like you have anything better to do ", anyway worth under a tenner and definatly worth a rent.
Seren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #29
Jabbawocky

Gamertag: Jabbawocky2004
I bought it 9.98 new and for that price I did think i was quite good, but towards the end the game starts getting a little cheap with enemy placement and spawning.

Jabbawocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #30
Baihu1983

Gamertag: Baihu1983

Got it for 10 and im enjoying it. Nothing special but nothing so far that i would say makes the game shit.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote