PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Aliens vs. Predator
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Worst Game Everyone Played

The game is up for that award from Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of-2010...ex.html?page=3

I really wanted this game to be great (I preordered it and everything) and was let down.

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Kazenji

Send a message via MSN to Kazenji

RunicBlaze72's Gamercard
I don't think its the worst....its an okay game

there are far worst games out there then this.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazenji View Post
The choices were from games that sold good although the gameplay was bad.

I thought that Lost Planet 2 would've won.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazenji View Post
I don't think its the worst....its an okay game

yeah it's not the worst game ever...it's the worst game everyone bought....Im sure Jumper and Bionic Comando didn't sell as many copies as this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
The choices were from games that sold good although the gameplay was bad.

I thought that Lost Planet 2 would've won.
Me and my buddy just bought Lost Planet 2 and so far it's ok. I only paid $9.95 for it so even though it might suck, it still wont disappoint as much as this pile of garbage.

Michigan Members Unite!

Last edited by Spanish Assault; 12-27-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
Jamoo 1

Jamoo 1's Gamercard
I loved this game... My favourite was The Predator Campaign, but The Multiplayer was Un-balanced as hell everyone just played as Predators and put mines everywhere. -__-

"So long sentiment it doesn't matter now."- So Long Sentiment
"Sing Hallelujah because you can't change anything."- Blackstar
Jamoo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #6
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I liked the game but it was a massive let down compared to the hype...
Old 12-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #7
Kazenji

RunicBlaze72's Gamercard
Should check out the ones for the PC if you can

especally the second game from Monolith.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #8
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamoo 1 View Post
I loved this game... My favourite was The Predator Campaign, but The Multiplayer was Un-balanced as hell everyone just played as Predators and put mines everywhere. -__-
really? i never had this happen when i had played it, i was always the alien or the marine. i didnt like the predator and preferred the alien

Punish The Deserving

DeekBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #9
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I don't really think everyone bought it, and I don't think it's that bad of a game either! In all honesty that title would go to Medal of Honor in my opinion! Just cause tons and tons of people got it, but it ended up being very sub par and the multiplayer was not fun at all and had very little to offer.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #10
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
I don't really think everyone bought it, and I don't think it's that bad of a game either! In all honesty that title would go to Medal of Honor in my opinion! Just cause tons and tons of people got it, but it ended up being very sub par and the multiplayer was not fun at all and had very little to offer.
I think that wasn't one of the games nominated for that award, but I agree that one could be there too. I wasn't expecting much from MOH which is why I felt this was worse.

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #11
kdrcraig

kdrlunchbox's Gamercard
I didn't think this game was too bad, definitely didn't live up to all the hype though I guess. I loved the Predator and Alien campaigns, not so much with the Marine one.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:24 PM   #12
Kazenji

RunicBlaze72's Gamercard
I had a look at Gamespots review for the game

under the bad they have "Poor level design" personally i reakon the design of the levels were good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamoo 1 View Post
but The Multiplayer was Un-balanced as hell everyone just played as Predators and put mines everywhere. -__-
did'nt happen when i got into a match
Old 12-31-2010, 01:27 PM   #13
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Wow i thought this game was great! I really enjoyed going for full 1000 (Even if this MP was a little awkard at times) I cant believe players regard it as a terrible game. There are much much worse games out there thats forsure.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:33 PM   #14
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Wow i thought this game was great! I really enjoyed going for full 1000 (Even if this MP was a little awkard at times) I cant believe players regard it as a terrible game. There are much much worse games out there thats forsure.
While I agree there are far worse out there (Bionic Commando, Sonic) This game was over hyped and sold well. So thats why it was nominated for worst game EVERYONE has played.

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #15
Megatron NM156

Megatron NM156's Gamercard
I certainly wouldn't put this anywhere near worst game that sold well. I had reservations because of some of the reviews. I ended up buying it for 9.91 brand new. Money well spent as far as i am concerned. Wouldn't have been dissapointed if i had bought at full price.

Marine campaign was full of atmosphere, Alien campaign was fun and i really enjoyed the Predator campaign but i am a little biased as the Predator is my favourite.

The only negatives i would give this game are the graphics should have been a lot better and it is difficult to get a good achievement score. I have spent 30 hours + on this game and only got a measley 570 points. Would have expected at least 800 points for the effort i put in.

Overall though a fine game indeed.
Megatron NM156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #16
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron NM156 View Post
I certainly wouldn't put this anywhere near worst game that sold well. I had reservations because of some of the reviews. I ended up buying it for 9.91 brand new. Money well spent as far as i am concerned. Wouldn't have been dissapointed if i had bought at full price.

Marine campaign was full of atmosphere, Alien campaign was fun and i really enjoyed the Predator campaign but i am a little biased as the Predator is my favourite.

The only negatives i would give this game are the graphics should have been a lot better and it is difficult to get a good achievement score. I have spent 30 hours + on this game and only got a measley 570 points. Would have expected at least 800 points for the effort i put in.

Overall though a fine game indeed.
really? Can you list a couple games that sold well and were horrible?

Not your opinion, but overall reviews that were horrible.

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 AM   #17
ArchTyrant

ArchTyrant's Gamercard
I guess the game was reasonable but I really was expecting more. The only campaign that I enjoyed was the Marine, the other two were average. Multiplayer was a mess tbh. Very disappointing. Overall the game wasn't worth full price but luckily I got it cheap
ArchTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #18
AcidGlowx81

acidglowx81's Gamercard
Multiplayer is so fun. The combat system is very different from your typical mainstream FPS game out there. Haven't stopped playing online since release date.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #19
Jellybean468

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Strange, I love the multiplayer.

Deus Ex Achievement Guide | xbox.com
Retail Completions: 38 | Arcade Completions: 15
Seriously 3.0: Total Onyx Medals - 24/65 | Level 86
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2
Jellybean468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #20
WarMachineXIII

Warmachine_XIII's Gamercard
Got a little repetitive and the first level of each species showed a lot of promise but it never really capitalized on it + I would have loved playing as a face-hugger.
WarMachineXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #21
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachineXIII View Post
I would have loved playing as a face-hugger.
Same here, that was one of my favourite parts of AvP2, start as a Facehugger and work your way up into adulthood. Awesome progression.

As for me, I think the game is fantastic. As for amazing sellers that are terrible, in my personal opinion I think the entire Halo series after the first one should take that position. Some of the worst FPS games I've played. But that's just me.

But just because a game gets good reviews doesn't mean it's a good game. I've played plenty of games that were rated as amazing by reviews but ended up hating them. Halo, Res Evil 5, etc. It's why I never listen to reviews anymore, too many times I've ended up hating a highly rated game or loving a badly rated game.

When the campagins come into play I can't find fault with them, Marine is just downright creepy and really captures the atmosphere of the films. Constantly watching your back, looking at the walls and ceiling, jumping every time your motion tracker bleeps. As the Alien it felt so satisfying crawling along the ceiling and silently coming up behind an unsuspecting Marine before killing him. Predator gave all the satisfaction of hunting in the Jungle that you gleaned from the first film.

Overall though, Aliens have always been my favourite to play.

Malkaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:26 AM   #22
JT Fever

oO JT Fever Oo's Gamercard
Not my vote for worst

Sorry to disagree with gamespot, but i think this game took the atmosphere and really worked, play with headphone on as marine on nightmare, when the motion tracker starts beeping your heart starts racing, just on the predator campaign now, lovin the power of the beast.

Biggest let down is and always has been the MP, people only play player match as lobby set out for ranked is garbage.

Improve that server and i think more would give it a chance, my own encounter with MP people choose the Alien so i think we have had 3 different points of view on MP which surely is to the games credit.

Peace

Newt
JT Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:38 AM   #23
AcidGlowx81

acidglowx81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkaiah View Post
Same here, that was one of my favourite parts of AvP2, start as a Facehugger and work your way up into adulthood. Awesome progression.
I respawn, run to my body, and grenade your chestbuster ass when you pop out. Then you get hate messages for "worm killer". How's that for progression in the Alien Life Cycle?

That's all I experienced with Life Cycle in AvP2. It got boring and full of whiny b*tches.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:57 PM   #24
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidGlowx81 View Post
I respawn, run to my body, and grenade your chestbuster ass when you pop out. Then you get hate messages for "worm killer". How's that for progression in the Alien Life Cycle?

That's all I experienced with Life Cycle in AvP2. It got boring and full of whiny b*tches.
I meant the single player. Not MP Life Cycle.

Malkaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #25
AcidGlowx81

acidglowx81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkaiah View Post
I meant the single player. Not MP Life Cycle.
They are both still slow and boring to me =p I'd rather jump into the action then spend time crawling behind boxes to hide.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:47 AM   #26
MooseOfWoe

Moose Of Woe's Gamercard
Not the worst game, but a far cry from the greatness of the two previous iterations.
MooseOfWoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #27
GGDoubleG

GGDoubleG's Gamercard
AVP is not the worst game everyone played for sure. My personal worst game is Left For Dead, but it was released way back at 2008, and I DON'T think L4D was up to this kind of award either!
I'll score at least 65/100 for it, and as a fan of Aliens (the movie), I'll give additional 5 points to make it 70/100. AVP does bring out a big part of the world of the original Sci-Fi horror movie (especially in the Marine campaign), but in low-resolution which is the most significant down side (I play 360 version, maybe it is better in PC).
The control is not the best, but it's not bad neither. Anyway, it's an OKAY game.
GGDoubleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:30 AM   #28
AcidGlowx81

acidglowx81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGDoubleG View Post
but in low-resolution which is the most significant down side (I play 360 version, maybe it is better in PC).
I play on 360 and in HD.. graphics are pretty sharp to me.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:05 PM   #29
ARCANEVALORE
Banned User

arcane x knight's Gamercard
I have only touched the multilayer Demo and I've been looking forward to finally playing this game but I honestly think the Marine was useless online!
ARCANEVALORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #30
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGDoubleG View Post
AVP is not the worst game everyone played for sure. My personal worst game is Left For Dead, but it was released way back at 2008, and I DON'T think L4D was up to this kind of award either!
I'll score at least 65/100 for it, and as a fan of Aliens (the movie), I'll give additional 5 points to make it 70/100. AVP does bring out a big part of the world of the original Sci-Fi horror movie (especially in the Marine campaign), but in low-resolution which is the most significant down side (I play 360 version, maybe it is better in PC).
The control is not the best, but it's not bad neither. Anyway, it's an OKAY game.
Thats your opinion on L4D...overall most people loved that game (including myself)....while this game a majority hated it.

With that said..I just rebought this game on an impulse for $9 including shipping on eBay...I really want to try and beat the campaigns on Nighmare...but now that I have it I am avoiding it....

Michigan Members Unite!