PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 3
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
MadCor

The Corbinho's Gamercard
Why I hate non-boosters...

When you finally enter a boosting game, There is that one guy who just kills everyone because he thinks he's funny, well he's not because everyone told him to leave because they still think they are funny, NON-BOOSTERS LEAVE BOOSTERS ALONE!You are not cool at all.

MY YOUTUBE!
Old 01-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
What's his gamertag? When I boosted for the General achievement there were like 3 or 4 of the people in the Top 10 world wide leaderboards who still played.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:00 AM   #3
Valter

With Seoul's Gamercard
I know what you mean man. I'm down for boosting if anyone has a team.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
deluxnugs

deluxnugs's Gamercard
im gonna be boosting this very soon and i cant wait to smash some randoms.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
Tufty

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Look at it from his perspective too. Almost nobody play this game anymore, and practically everyone who plays is boosting, it's very hard to get into a proper game. Why should someone who likes the game and wishes to play a match properly have his game ruined by people who want to boost?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
Superjoint Ritual

I know fuck the people who play games for fun. Games aren't just about achievements. Some people just like to play the game. Don't blame them. Achievements have really changed the gaming community. In some cases for the better but in this case where a guy is pissed someone likes to play this game straight up, it's for the worst.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:41 AM   #7
Leppy03

tylCr's Gamercard
I feel your pain happens to my sessions all the time, but on the flip ^ is right. Some people just want to play the game. I remember reading a blog rant by a guy who was playing battlefield only to have 6 of his teammates being engineers repairing a flipped jeep!

The ultimate solution would be to elimate online chievs all together but another sound solution would be for all future games with online chievs allow private lobbies and friend invites. While it would destroy mixing competitive gamers from boosters a goal I doubt developers desire to have it, it would end alot of my damn headaches!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:52 AM   #8
QuickSnipe

pC Quick SnIpe's Gamercard
Some people actually want to play the game the real way. The game is dead because boosters join and ruin the match for others. I avoid CTF like the plague and if I do play and see boosters I'll make sure they either quit or aren't getting lots of points. I got the General achievement legit and I'm proud because more than half the people who have it aren't.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #9
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Best thing COD3 ever did was allow team kills.

I got up to about #15 on the top-ranked boards at one point...it was always hilarious raping noobs who were boosting.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPx View Post
Best thing COD3 ever did was allow team kills.

I got up to about #15 on the top-ranked boards at one point...it was always hilarious raping noobs who were boosting.
not very nice...we would give a non booster "the treatment", down him and revive him till he quit out of the game.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #11
dwayne_hicks

Dwayne Hicks's Gamercard
How dare people play the game the way it was designed!

Need help with a game ?
If I still own it, I'll be glad to help, just message me and I'll try to work it out.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #12
softerxsin495

S0FTERSIN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Are you really bitching because someone wants to play the game how it should be played? I remember back in the days where there were no achievements in games! And I think that they were much more enjoyable, and didn't cause people to say stupid shit like this. Getting achievements is nice, of course, but that isn't what the game is designed to be about! It's more like a perk. It's all a good psychological marketing strategy, imo. People like to be rewarded, so add achievements, give something people to work towards... they'll keep playing games and buying more games for the GS, even if they aren't interested in the game. But seriously, get over it, you're going to get "non-boosters". Not everyone in the world gives a damn about achievements, they actually want to play the game.
100% Retail (360): 1
100% XBLA (360): 13
Old 10-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #13
Ehrenfried

Ehrenfried's Gamercard
I play this game to get the cheevs but you can't get these without boosting or other ways.
I was online the last few nights (for me nights, 8h time difference germany > usa) and i only found 10 players who visit this game regulary, so how do i should get the general cheev?
I found 2 booster who are willing to spend their time to help,
this makes 3 ppl, it takes 8 to start a game...

It took ages to get the 200 points, how do i'm supposed to get 40k points in ranked matches if no one plays the game?
Fucking online achievements.
This is one of the reasons i see why i'm "to old" for this shit.
This new gaming generation...everything has to be online,
(i grew up with LOAD"*",8,1)

As long as i play this game, as long as i need for veteran, i will help ppl get their cheevs, even if it means to kill all non boosters.
I tried to be reasonable with them mailing them in the lobby not to kill us, they can participate or else but some kids won't listen.

So if anyone wants to join us for getting the points to the cheevs feel free to add me.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:19 AM   #14
kill_machine85

Cpl SimplotUSMC's Gamercard
Add me if you need more i need to get general half way there i will play till you get it too!!!!
GT: Cpl SimplotUSMC
Closed Thread