PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Ashes Cricket 2009
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Phil the Bear

Phil the Bear's Gamercard
Roadmap

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: If you love cricket = 1/10, If you know nothing about cricket 3/10
-Offline: 25 (1000)
-Online: None - but 17 (635) can be completed online if you prefer
-Approximate amount of time to 1000g: 10-15 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: Doesn't apply - Need to play min of 12 matches
-Number of missable achievements: None
-Glitched achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No

As this is an old game it does not have a roadmap, so I thought I would make one. Especially as the Ashes is on at the moment!

If you have a knowledge of cricket rules then this is incredibly simple, if not you should still find it simple with a little persistence.

STEP 1 - Lessons and Challenges

If you have played cricket games before and know the rules you can do these whenever you like, but if not this is recommended to be your starting point.

Master of the Blade - 5
Master with the Ball - 5
Dynamite in the Field - 5

The Batting and Bowling sections have lessons and challenges. The Fielding just has lessons.

Also, it is worth noting the Batting challenge is probably the hardest achievement in the game. Batting challenge 6 takes some time.

This thread provides assistance:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=168607

The basic technique is change your stance by moving to leg stump (push right on right stick) before every ball. One of the spinners will bowl wide of the stumps a lot -leave these balls. The other spinner will bowl on the stumps, you should sweep every ball, aim behind and to left of your batsman with left stick and press the A button. The runs are simple, not getting out is a pain!

Step 2 - Boosting the wicket achievements and 10 wicket win

This is the quickest method for this - but is purely optional. You can get these all in single player, but using this method takes around 20 minutes!

Use the Trading thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=146728

The Hat Trick - 30
The Top Hat Trick - 40
Raise the Ball - 20
If you want something done right - 20
Nought and Nought - 20
King Pair - 40
Demolition with the Ball - 40
Ten wicket defeat - 75

The tactic is as follows. Find each other in a ranked match - Ashes Series Test Match. And do the following:

Bowling team picks a fast bowler and bowls straight deliveries (A Button) and moves the cursor so the ball will bounce on or just before the stumps.

The Batting Team uses the right stick to move batsman away from stumps and does not play a shot.

You will take 6 wickets in 6 balls. It is then key to bowl wide of the stumps for the next Over (6 balls) with your other bowler. Then repeat the process for the final 4 wickets.

You then repeat the same process for player 2.

In the 2nd innings you need to bowl 1 ball to take 1 wicket to get both Nought and Nought and King Pair. Bowl a no ball (let power/accuracy meter fill all the way), the batting team declares - Pause game and select Tactics - Declare. Then the other player gets those achievements.

To get win by 10 wickets you find each other again in a ranked match.

Player 1 - declares
Player 2 - declares
Player 2 - bowls a no ball and Player 1 then declares
Player 1 - bowls 2 no balls and Player 2 wins
Swap.

Step 3 - Ashes Series

Now you are going to play an Ashes Series and get the following:

Raise the Bat - 5
The Big 100 - 15
The Double Ton - 30
The Triple Ton - 40
Ashes King with the Bat - 50
Power Hitting - 10
The Blazing Blade - 20
Ashes Destroyer - 50
Test Match Domination - 50
Innings Defeat - 75
Ashes Champion - 100

You will also be getting everything in step 2 if you chose to play single player only.

Here are the key steps:

1 - Play on easy mode
2 - Edit the opposition team before every game! YES you can do this! Take out all of their good players and put the reserves in! If you know nothing about cricket simply swap players 1 to 11 with any of the players from 12 onward!
3 - You can save after every ball if you wish - key for ensuring your 1 batter going for the batting achievements never gets out and you get 6 consecutive 4's/6's.
4 - ALWAYS field first! Restart the game if you are batting first - it will return you to the toss. You can win the first 3 games batting only once.
5 - Score your triple ton and 600 runs in an innings in first game and win by an inning
6 - Once you have won 3 games, lose the other 2 - declare without batting in your first innings and as soon as you pass their first inning total declare again and lose by bowling no balls/letting them score.
7 - Only use 2 bowlers and pay attention to how many wickets they have - one needs to obtain 40 out of the 100 possible in the series.

Tips for wicket taking are here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=203077

Step 4 - Win an ODI tounament

ODI Champions - 75

Select an ODI series and ensure it is on match length of 5 overs and starting at quarter final then use these tips to win 3 games:

1 - Play on easy mode
2 - Edit the opposition team before every game! YES you can do this! Take out all of their good players and put the reserves in! If you know nothing about cricket simply swap players 1 to 11 with any of the players from 12 onward!
3 - You can save after every ball if you wish - although you should not need to.
4 - ALWAYS field first! Restart the game if you are batting first - it will return you to the toss.

Step 5 - Win a 20 over tournament

20 Over Champions - 75

Select an 20 Over tournament and ensure it is starting at quarter final then use these tips to win 3 games:

1 - Play on easy mode
3 - You can save after every ball if you wish - although you should not need to.
4 - ALWAYS field first! Restart the game if you are batting first - it will return you to the toss. This is more key in this mode as you do not want to bat 20 overs! You should be able to bowl the opposition out for 50-ish and get that score in about 3 overs!

Step 6 - Score 300 Runs in an ODI Game

ODI Domination - 40

Finally, select an ODI exhibition game. Play as England or Australia versus Kenya or Zimbabwe and do the following:

1 - Play on easy mode
2 - Edit the opposition team! YES you can do this! Take out all of their good players and put the reserves in! If you know nothing about cricket simply swap players 1 to 11 with any of the players from 12 onward!
3 - Edit your team to contain only batsmen if you wish, you won't be bowling and it will save the need to save!
4 - Bat first this time! Restart the game if you are fielding first - it will return you to the toss.

You should be able to score 300 in 10-12 overs.

Last edited by Phil the Bear; 12-19-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Presentation
Phil the Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
DivineWind72

DivineWind72's Gamercard
Bloody good Roadmap Phil, good job!!! I'll be sure to use some of these tips when i eventually get round to playing this game properly, cheers.
DivineWind72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
littlebilly22

TLS Apple's Gamercard
Does it matter if you do the Ashes Series last?

Last edited by littlebilly22; 01-22-2011 at 05:23 PM.
littlebilly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
Phil the Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebilly22 View Post
Does it matter if you do the Ashes Series last?
No it does not matter. The steps can be taken out of sequence, but I put them in the order I did as you get the majority of achievements via the ashes series.

Use the tips I have given in the order that suits you best.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
chelseaman99

The SFC Chris's Gamercard
This is a great help - I was unsure of the most efficient way to get the achievements before reading this, so thanks a bunch!
chelseaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
Phil the Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseaman99 View Post
This is a great help - I was unsure of the most efficient way to get the achievements before reading this, so thanks a bunch!
Thanks. Glad to see that some people are reading it and using it.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
Finkledude

Finkledude's Gamercard
nice roadmap
Finkledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
AccidentReport

AccidentReport's Gamercard
sorry but 3 is way too low.This game is a lot harder than that (bowling specifically). I got it for a bit of fun to play with some friends and it's driving me nuts. It's impossible to actually bowl the CPU out. Even following the guide I just can't make it lose. If anyone has some helpful tips I will not mind but I'd say this is a 4 or 5 maybe!
50,000 GS - 26/10/2009
75,000 GS - 14/03/2011
100,000 GS - 02/06/2012
150,000 GS - ??????

Last edited by AccidentReport; 11-29-2013 at 09:32 PM.
AccidentReport is offline   Reply With Quote