PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Super Meat Boy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
DERVISH888

DERVISH888's Gamercard
Most Difficult Experience w/ SMB? Possible Spoilers...

My most aggravating experience with this game (by far) was the return after defeating Dr. Fetus on the Dark World. I had to wring the sweat out of my controller when I finally finished that level. To me, this level made "the kid" achievement feel like a walk in the park.

I was about 5 minutes from losing my mind on this level. I could picture myself in a rubber room, rocking back and forth asking the Team Meat level designers WTF they were thinking with this mess.

Who is with me on this????

Did anyone else have an epic orgasm when you finally finished this level???? OMG!! : )
DERVISH888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
DERVISH888

DERVISH888's Gamercard
I would like to add "Bleach" from Cotton Alley - Dark World to this list. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! I had to call my therapist after this level.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:56 AM   #3
Mechy Tiki

Mechy Tiki's Gamercard
The game has stopped saving on me all together, and I just can't complete it unless if I clear it all in one sitting. It's pretty aggravating. At least I had already cleared the I Wanna Be the Guy level and Cotton Alley while it was still saving... but looks like I'll never complete my bandage collection or finish the Dark World =/
Mechy Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
DonkeyRoller

TheDonkeyRoller's Gamercard
Definately the escape from Dr Fetus' castle in the dark world is the craziest level i've done so far, holy shit. I was screaming like crazy until i finally found myself at the vertical saw area, so close to finishing and bam, died. But not too long later i did it anyway.

Bleach was hard, but far from some other levels i struggled with.
DonkeyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
DERVISH888

DERVISH888's Gamercard
Congrats on finishing Dr. Fetus. It all seemed to be downhill after that. Dr. Fetus on Dark was just mayhem. I actually made it to the last buzzsaw and died. Starting over was the worst feeling in the world. I was THAT close. After a handful of tries, I finally finished it. What a great feeling!! Hahaha!

I was a little concerned with The Cotton Alley from what people were writing on the forums, but it was nowhere close to Dr. Fetus Dark... In my opinion.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:06 AM   #6
DonkeyRoller

TheDonkeyRoller's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DERVISH888 View Post
Congrats on finishing Dr. Fetus. It all seemed to be downhill after that. Dr. Fetus on Dark was just mayhem. I actually made it to the last buzzsaw and died. Starting over was the worst feeling in the world. I was THAT close. After a handful of tries, I finally finished it. What a great feeling!! Hahaha!

I was a little concerned with The Cotton Alley from what people were writing on the forums, but it was nowhere close to Dr. Fetus Dark... In my opinion.
Haha thanks. Yeah the cotton alley was difficult, but because the levels were short, they weren't anywhere near as frustrating.
DonkeyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
xMANNY FRE5Hx

xMANNY FRE5Hx's Gamercard
Dr fetus dark wasnt bad at all did it in about 15 minutes, I found bleach harder. Bleach is probably one of the best levels in the game. Once you get your timing, its a blast. kid was the hardest by far for me cause it took me two sit downs to pass that bitch of a 1st level. just got golden god cheevo & i must say its a great feeling.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:44 AM   #8
bl33dthro

bl33dthro's Gamercard
Yeah, I thought The Kid and Dr Fetus Dark World were bad, but seriously man, Bleach will eat your soul.

Finally got the Golden God and Dark World achievements Definitely one of the hardest XBLA titles I've played so I feel very satisfied to have maxed it out. What an awesome game though. I'm kind of missing it now that I've finished everything.
bl33dthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:04 AM   #9
johnnyjohnathan

johnnyjohnathan's Gamercard
the kid took me awhile to get for the first time but i've beat it several times now. "puberty" in "teh internets" was a bitch, but i managed to beat it faster than i did the kid for the first time. dark world dr. fetus and some dark cotton alley levels were hard too
johnnyjohnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #10
Tobinishi

tobinishi89's Gamercard
Hardest experience? Try Teh Internet - Expert Remix Pack Level 20. Its the first kid level with little differences, but you have to use meat boy. Took me 2 hours to complete the level.

Tobinishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #11
BillyKlyde

BillyKlyde's Gamercard
I'd probably say getting "The Kid" achievement was the hardest for me. I did the first level in about a half an hour, and the last two in about 15 minutes each. Even though the first level took me the longest, I think the last one was the hardest of the three, those damn spike walls moved too fast. I had the first levels patter down pat, I just kept makin' stupid litle mistakes at the end.

I didn't think the the dark world Dr. Fetus was too bad, did it in like 15 minutes.

Bleach wasn't to bad either, I got frustrated a few times but I actually think the level after was more annoying. I don't remember what it was called, but it had like 3 of those eyeball laser things, and I could not for the life of me figure out the pattern to beat the level. Of course I finally did though and I was pumped.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
Ishi

ii ishi ii's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechy Tiki View Post
The game has stopped saving on me all together, and I just can't complete it unless if I clear it all in one sitting. It's pretty aggravating. At least I had already cleared the I Wanna Be the Guy level and Cotton Alley while it was still saving... but looks like I'll never complete my bandage collection or finish the Dark World =/
It has started doing that to me as well. There will be a couple of levels or bandages that I will have to redo whenever I load up the game. There are a few Hell dark world levels I've beaten 4 or 5 times now because of this problem...
Ishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
KAYNINE

K4yn1n3's Gamercard
This game wasn't too bad a bit of patience and perserverance and your there but i admit when it came to having to A+ everything to complete the dark world and 100% the game, FUCK THAT lol
KAYNINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
Flugruger

Don't get me wrong The Kid warp zone is fucking hard, but it is nowhere near the worst thing this game has to offer IMO. As a whole it wasn't all THAT bad but Level 2 alone and its horrible boring frustrating bullshit timing exercises was a serious, serious pain in the arse though - put my completing of that one squarely down to luck more than anything else.

Some of the bandages on Rapture Dark are giving me way more trouble, along with 4-8x I think, it's called Billy Boy and it has rows of rolling fireballs being shot out of the walls. Fucking awful trying to get the bandage on that one and get out alive, I just find it so so difficult.

I was surprised to find that I actually found The End Dark levels quite easy and only expended a few lives on them - even Dark Dr Fetus who I had been told nightmarish stories about really wasn't up to much, didn't think it was all that different from the Light world version - Rapture's levels were much more of a struggle. Cotton Alley Dark wasn't too bad until the later levels but now they are doing my head in, I'm having a lot of bother with XOXO which I just can not for the life of me seem to do, not to mention that I hate ANY level with those fucking flying heads that eat you and the black things that explode into all directions.

Last edited by Flugruger; 05-09-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Flugruger is offline   Reply With Quote