PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead > The Sacrifice
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
GamingEconomist
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bonn (Germany)
Posts: 192

GamingEconomist's Gamercard
Another 1500 GS

Hey if you wanna see another user then just type in

MVP Prime Time and check Left 4 Dead he has also 1500 GS

I send him a message and asked for how its done (thank god he is german :-)

Will keep you informed

Ok got the answer

"He did it with his brother via network" well i dont know if this is true but i doubt it. But can somebody try it? i have only one Xbox in my household and my girlfriend is in japan so we canīt check this right now

Last edited by GamingEconomist; 12-22-2010 at 01:00 AM.
GamingEconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
Kisushima
 
Kisushima's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 244

Kisushima's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure that method has been tried and tweaked to death. I'm suspicious as of now.

God damn it M$, release the patch D:
__________________

Kisushima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:19 AM   #3
tvsr
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 46

tvsr's Gamercard
there are a few people on trueachievements.com who have it also. i sent a couple of them messages but haven't gotten any replies back so far.

as for system link, i do have two xboxes but not a second copy of the game. it might be something to look into though. there's got to be some way to get around the glitch.
tvsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:09 AM   #4
owenstoodstill
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 267

IBS Ozzy's Gamercard
ive got a second xbox ill rent a copy and try this after xmas
__________________
owenstoodstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
GamingEconomist
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bonn (Germany)
Posts: 192

GamingEconomist's Gamercard
Thanks

if it is not working .....then there will be some people to report :-)
GamingEconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:57 AM   #6
bblcreator8790
 
bblcreator8790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,002

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The people who got it on TrueAchievements are all hackers, they've been banning them pretty regularly, there used to be 20+ people with Sacrifizzle, but it's gone down a lot since then.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #7
MaximDane
 
MaximDane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 75

Protocol Droid's Gamercard
System link does not work, tried it and never popped....
MaximDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:42 AM   #8
Xenolith666
 
Xenolith666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 3rd rock
Posts: 1,866

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Even getting a Local server (if your xbox doesn't crash) won't work.
__________________
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #9
givemesomelager
 
givemesomelager's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 57

givemesomelager's Gamercard
i hope they fix this soon i bought it beat the dlc and heard about the glitch stopped playing to wait for the patch. i havent touched it since and would like to finish it since it was removed from my 100% game list.
__________________
gt - givemesomelager
givemesomelager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #10
Bullhorse
 
Bullhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 175

Bullhorse's Gamercard
anyone who had/has 1500 got it by cheating, end of story.

this includes the loser who was posting here for a couple weeks claiming it "accidentally" unlocked and he didn't know how. apparently every achievement for pretty much every game this kid had also accidentally unlocked, many of them within seconds of each other.
__________________
j.

Bullhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #11
chriscutis
 
chriscutis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 353

Breadly Weapon's Gamercard
Yes, anyone who has 1500 on L4D1 is a cheater/hacker. And deserves to be castrated. And watch their friends and loved ones tortured over a slow 3-month period until they're finally put out of their misery.
__________________
Derpa derp derp derp tumtiddly tum tum.
chriscutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
Tonic24k
 
Tonic24k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 591

Tonic24k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscutis View Post
Yes, anyone who has 1500 on L4D1 is a cheater/hacker. And deserves to be castrated. And watch their friends and loved ones tortured over a slow 3-month period until they're finally put out of their misery.
whoa! lol

Something tells me you would enjoy being that person to perform these torture sessions.
__________________
Tonic24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:41 AM   #13
Jhow
 
Jhow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 267

Sneaky Supreme's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullhorse View Post
anyone who had/has 1500 got it by cheating, end of story.

this includes the loser who was posting here for a couple weeks claiming it "accidentally" unlocked and he didn't know how. apparently every achievement for pretty much every game this kid had also accidentally unlocked, many of them within seconds of each other.
JrdRIOT cannot possibley have cheated he unlocked the acheevo on XBL, everyone is just pissed cause he got it and you havent. also were do you see EXACTLY when he unlocked the acheevo? all it tells us is the date...
__________________
Gamer Tag: Sneaky Supreme
Games I'm Working on: Red Faction Guerilla, Modern Warfare 2, Gears of War, Gears of War 3, Red Dead Redemption, Fairytale Fights, Magic the Gathering, Resident Evil 5 and Crysis 2
If you would like to help/trade with any of those games just message me on XBL.
Jhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:55 AM   #14
XlHackInABoxlX
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 25

XIHackInABoxIX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhow View Post
JrdRIOT cannot possibley have cheated he unlocked the acheevo on XBL, everyone is just pissed cause he got it and you havent. also were do you see EXACTLY when he unlocked the acheevo? all it tells us is the date...
If you know how to, you can use JavaScript to have xbox.com display the time-stamp of the achievements unlocked by a specific user.

Also, you can game-save achievements while connected to live. I met someone when playing GTA the other day who had 431k.

This person has at least 10 games (there are probably more, but I stopped looking at that point.) that were 1k'd on the same day. "7/28/2010" If you want proof look at this:

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Pr...=CrippledDaisy

(compare your achievements to her)

So please enlighten me, if someone can cheat as blatantly as this person... then how can you have the tenacity to sit here and say this kid unlocked it legit just because it is on XBL? That is BULL! Nobody else on this site, that is "legit" has this achievement. So once again, explain your reasoning.

Thanks.
XlHackInABoxlX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:08 AM   #15
Jhow
 
Jhow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 267

Sneaky Supreme's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XlHackInABoxlX View Post
If you know how to, you can use JavaScript to have xbox.com display the time-stamp of the achievements unlocked by a specific user.

Also, you can game-save achievements while connected to live. I met someone when playing GTA the other day who had 431k.

This person has at least 10 games (there are probably more, but I stopped looking at that point.) that were 1k'd on the same day. "7/28/2010" If you want proof look at this:

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Pr...=CrippledDaisy

(compare your achievements to her)

So please enlighten me, if someone can cheat as blatantly as this person... then how can you have the tenacity to sit here and say this kid unlocked it legit just because it is on XBL? That is BULL! Nobody else on this site, that is "legit" has this achievement. So once again, explain your reasoning.

Thanks.
Game saves do work but not for games like left for dead i do belive, they work for games such as gh and gta and games like that, the java script thing might work just cause i havent heard of it, and everyone on this site that hasnt gotten it probley cause they read the forums about people like you that say this acheevo is only obtained by cheating/hacking. so they dont try and go around it... i mean someone found out how to get the crash course ones by tapping a button on the start button... so idk he could have cheated but i just dont feel its right for someone to accuse somone of cheating just cause of the acheevo... like if i got it and evertyone said i was id be pissed just saying.
__________________
Gamer Tag: Sneaky Supreme
Games I'm Working on: Red Faction Guerilla, Modern Warfare 2, Gears of War, Gears of War 3, Red Dead Redemption, Fairytale Fights, Magic the Gathering, Resident Evil 5 and Crysis 2
If you would like to help/trade with any of those games just message me on XBL.
Jhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:29 AM   #16
XlHackInABoxlX
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 25

XIHackInABoxIX's Gamercard
I understand what you are saying. But, tapping a button and game-saving are two different things. One is cheating (on purpose) the other was probably found by accident. Also, I am pretty sure of the userbase that x360a has, SOMEONE would have found a workaround to this achievement by now (if there was one).

Also, why are people who have 1500 on L4D being reset? Because they all cheated... simple as. If hacking didn't work for L4D, people wouldn't be getting reset. If you look at that link I put up (xbox.com profile of cheater) you will see TONS of games hacked, including L4D2... all 50 achievements on 7/28/2010 (what a surprise). Obviously Valve's coding isn't the best to begin with, so what makes you think that this particular game is hacker-proof, when the second one isn't (clearly).

As for you not hearing of the script, here you go: http://xenocidic.com/2008/04/11/how-...ked-times.aspx

(As far as I know, it doesn't work on the new Xbox website, since they changed over to SilverLight, right before Kinect came out.)
XlHackInABoxlX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #17
Jhow
 
Jhow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 267

Sneaky Supreme's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XlHackInABoxlX View Post
I understand what you are saying. But, tapping a button and game-saving are two different things. One is cheating (on purpose) the other was probably found by accident. Also, I am pretty sure of the userbase that x360a has, SOMEONE would have found a workaround to this achievement by now (if there was one).

Also, why are people who have 1500 on L4D being reset? Because they all cheated... simple as. If hacking didn't work for L4D, people wouldn't be getting reset. If you look at that link I put up (xbox.com profile of cheater) you will see TONS of games hacked, including L4D2... all 50 achievements on 7/28/2010 (what a surprise). Obviously Valve's coding isn't the best to begin with, so what makes you think that this particular game is hacker-proof, when the second one isn't (clearly).

As for you not hearing of the script, here you go: http://xenocidic.com/2008/04/11/how-...ked-times.aspx

(As far as I know, it doesn't work on the new Xbox website, since they changed over to SilverLight, right before Kinect came out.)
I just think there is a way around the acheevo but poeple just gave up, which kinda makes me nervous cause i honestly dont think they are going to patch it, kjust cause they would have patched the crash course ones and the other sacrifice acheevos, but they havent ( and it really bugs me cause i started a whole new account so i could be 100% legit. I THROUGH AWAY 55K on my account for this damn acheevo!!!!! > (btw screw GRAW!) And yes i understand it does seem like he hacks but i still dont care i must belive!~!!!!!! Love this angry face btw^
__________________
Gamer Tag: Sneaky Supreme
Games I'm Working on: Red Faction Guerilla, Modern Warfare 2, Gears of War, Gears of War 3, Red Dead Redemption, Fairytale Fights, Magic the Gathering, Resident Evil 5 and Crysis 2
If you would like to help/trade with any of those games just message me on XBL.
Jhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #18
XlHackInABoxlX
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 25

XIHackInABoxIX's Gamercard
There is a way around it, it is called game-saving... and it isn't tolerated on this site. I find it funny how there have been thousands of people that have viewed the L4D forum, and you are saying "people just forgot" and "he must have found a loophole". People have tried system link, "glitch lobby", forcing their game to freeze, switching MU's.

If we (the members of x360a) haven't found a way to do it legit, yet... it doesn't exist or someone would have posted a working way of how to do it.

From what I heard, they have already sent the patch to M$, and we are just waiting for them to finish picking their ass before they release it. I really don't care if they patch the other achievements, because they are still attainable, even though it is a pain in the balls to get.

You say you threw away a 55k gamerscore to become 100% legit? Buddy, you threw away the integrity of that tag the second you became 99% legit. You knew this game was glitched, why play it if going for 100% completion? Just wait until they patch it, THEN play it...

I don't know what your agenda may be to protect this guy, but I am sure I am not the only person to suspect that this is a little bit off. (Just take a look at some of the other topics on this forum, some of which mentions this guys name, in a not so good way.)
XlHackInABoxlX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #19
Chathams Finest
 
Chathams Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 371

Chathams Finest's Gamercard
HackInABox? Really, but big picture, who cares? If you can't wait for a patch, message old hackinabox and I am sure he can help you get around that pesky time stamp issue...( :

Last edited by Chathams Finest; 01-06-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: typo
Chathams Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #20
GUITARW0LF
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 42

GUITARW0LF's Gamercard
I find it very upsetting that they haven't at least given an official statement. If I was a game journalist I would have written an article on this already. Imagine if there was a glitched achievement in Black Ops for this long, you would see it in headlines on gaming web sites. I hate the way this works, but it is what it is. They just don't care because they already have sales. Sad but Valve used to be one of my favorite game makers. Even Bioware is slacking on patching Dragon Age and its glitched achievements.
GUITARW0LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #21
Jhow
 
Jhow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 267

Sneaky Supreme's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XlHackInABoxlX View Post
There is a way around it, it is called game-saving... and it isn't tolerated on this site. I find it funny how there have been thousands of people that have viewed the L4D forum, and you are saying "people just forgot" and "he must have found a loophole". People have tried system link, "glitch lobby", forcing their game to freeze, switching MU's.

If we (the members of x360a) haven't found a way to do it legit, yet... it doesn't exist or someone would have posted a working way of how to do it.

From what I heard, they have already sent the patch to M$, and we are just waiting for them to finish picking their ass before they release it. I really don't care if they patch the other achievements, because they are still attainable, even though it is a pain in the balls to get.

You say you threw away a 55k gamerscore to become 100% legit? Buddy, you threw away the integrity of that tag the second you became 99% legit. You knew this game was glitched, why play it if going for 100% completion? Just wait until they patch it, THEN play it...

I don't know what your agenda may be to protect this guy, but I am sure I am not the only person to suspect that this is a little bit off. (Just take a look at some of the other topics on this forum, some of which mentions this guys name, in a not so good way.)
i started playing this before this dlc came out
__________________
Gamer Tag: Sneaky Supreme
Games I'm Working on: Red Faction Guerilla, Modern Warfare 2, Gears of War, Gears of War 3, Red Dead Redemption, Fairytale Fights, Magic the Gathering, Resident Evil 5 and Crysis 2
If you would like to help/trade with any of those games just message me on XBL.
Jhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #22
XlHackInABoxlX
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 25

XIHackInABoxIX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chathams Finest View Post
HackInABox? Really, but big picture, who cares? If you can't wait for a patch, message old hackinabox and I am sure he can help you get around that pesky time stamp issue...( :
Are you saying to just hex edit the game and write the time-stamp in there as well? I would rather not get my tag reset just because I cheated for one achievement. Everyone else who is "legit" just has to wait for the patch and that is it. Thanks for the insightful post... really.

-------

@GUITARW0LF - I understand completely how you feel. Microsoft uses achievements as a marketing ploy, they even have a channel on the dashboard that has video tutorials for certain games. So it would make sense, surely, to make sure that in any said game, all of the achievements are attainable through normal game-play. Somebody should write to the people who do those videos (TreitAndTrue... or something like that) and ask HIM how to get the achievement?

Then maybe they will say to themselves... "Is it time to release the patch", either that or shirk it off and pretend the problem doesn't exist. (Which is usually the case for problems that they are too lazy to fix in a timely manner, if they fix it at all.)

----

From what I have seen from various users on this forum (regarding the patch) Valve has supposedly released the patch to MS and are awaiting approval. (I am not sure where their source is... I haven't been able to find anything as of yet.) But I am sure something is on it's way... after all, I don't think they would release 50 updates for the PC, and completely neglect the 360. It is just a matter of time.
XlHackInABoxlX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:47 AM   #23
Chathams Finest
 
Chathams Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 371

Chathams Finest's Gamercard
Ohhh no!! I fed the troll!!! Dont ban me pleasee!!!!
Chathams Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #24
XlHackInABoxlX
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 25

XIHackInABoxIX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chathams Finest View Post
Ohhh no!! I fed the troll!!! Dont ban me pleasee!!!!
Lol, really? Quit picking your ass, and grow up.

Once again another "insightful" post by you... you call me a troll, at least I am sticking (somewhat) to topic, instead of saying retarded BS like "talk to this guy if you want to fix time-stamp problems" and "I fed the troll!"
XlHackInABoxlX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:14 AM   #25
JReedNet
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 140

A1337Haxor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XlHackInABoxlX View Post
I would rather not get my tag reset just because I cheated for one achievement.
Microsoft gamerscore bans are few and far between
JReedNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #26
Deathblow23
 
Deathblow23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 924

IRON MIND's Gamercard
I feel pretty confident in saying that releasing this patch...even if it's passed certification,...isn't a high priority because if you look at the numbers...L4D isn't a very high ranking played game in the LIVE top 10-20. Now if this were an exploit/issue with any CoD game...then it would be RUSHED. That is just the nature of anything, really.

Let's get the solution that will assist the MOST paying customers out the door ASAP! I don't necessarily blame Micorsoft...I blame Valve...because this is just another shoddy piece of content with bugs, glitches, and problems. They have generally good name in the PC realm...but for me...their credibilty is falling at an extremely rapid pace.
Deathblow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #27
Tonic24k
 
Tonic24k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 591

Tonic24k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
After reading the most recent news concerning Dark Void it seems Microsoft is suspect to the issues involving DLC achievements. Even EA's story about their beloved Army of Two: 40th Day is becoming a little more plausible. More and more achievement issues are pointing toward Microsoft lately.

Let's make a list shall we? (Anyone is welcome to add to it).

- Left 4 Dead 1
- Dark Void
- Army of Two: 40th Day
- Marvel Super Hero Squad (fixed now but was an issue most definitely with XBOX.com)

Another possiblity could be Hellboy because the DLC was never released. It's also the developers fault, too, because the full 1000 isn't attainable from the box. They claim the DLC is finished; and I believe this because there are achievements for it. But somewhere between Krome Studios and Microsoft it got lost. Some say it's because Microsoft demands a charge for DLC but Konami wanted to release it for free. Here we find a unique circumstance because the DLC would only be for the initial 1000gs. However, Microsoft still views it as downloadable content, therefore insisting a price tag.

It appears the common factor here is DLC.

What do you guys think about all this?
__________________
Tonic24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #28
KroBar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 29
I agree with you Tonic, Microsoft are definitely dropping the ball on DLC achievements, possibly because they have been so busy with Kinect lately. The ghostbusters patch took about 4 months for Microsoft to implement, so I still have my fingers crossed that the Left 4 Dead patch is with Microsoft. But really I don't believe it is, or that a patch exists despite what Chet says, hope I'm wrong.

Regarding Hellboy, from what I have read the fault lies with Konami, as charging for this DLC would be against Microsoft's rule which states the full 1000 must be obtainable out of the box and Konami want to charge for it and Microsoft won't allow it. I doubt these achievements will ever be fixed which is annoying as I played it not knowing some of the achievements were not available.
KroBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #29
XlHackInABoxlX
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 25

XIHackInABoxIX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KroBar View Post
I agree with you Tonic, Microsoft are definitely dropping the ball on DLC achievements, possibly because they have been so busy with Kinect lately. The ghostbusters patch took about 4 months for Microsoft to implement, so I still have my fingers crossed that the Left 4 Dead patch is with Microsoft. But really I don't believe it is, or that a patch exists despite what Chet says, hope I'm wrong.

Regarding Hellboy, from what I have read the fault lies with Konami, as charging for this DLC would be against Microsoft's rule which states the full 1000 must be obtainable out of the box and Konami want to charge for it and Microsoft won't allow it. I doubt these achievements will ever be fixed which is annoying as I played it not knowing some of the achievements were not available.
Wasn't Fable II victim to this as well? One of the achievements required you to collect stuff, and one of the items could only be unlocked through the Pub Games arcade game? So didn't Lionhead release a code for their DLC to get it for free.

If you ask me they should do that for the Hellboy game... just release the DLC with a price on it, and then anyone who can verify that they have a copy of the game should get it for free...

This is only an idea though

(Also, wasn't AoT: 40th Day already sorted out? I thought I read that somewhere.)
XlHackInABoxlX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #30
KroBar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by XlHackInABoxlX View Post
This is only an idea though
It's a good idea, although I don't see Konami or Microsoft being that generous anyway back on topic damn you Valve and/or Microsoft.
KroBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:42 PM.