PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Quake Arena Arcade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-22-2010, 03:28 AM   #1
kaworuchan

kaworuchan 42's Gamercard
Buggiest XBLA release ever?

I purchased Quake Arena Arcade with high hopes of entering the game that I spent countless hours of my youth playing.

Needless to say, I was disappointed to discover it is easily the glitchiest and buggiest XBLA release I have ever purchased. It took them three years to release the game in this state?

So, I am wondering - is this the buggiest game in XBLA history? Or is there anything else out there that takes that crown?
kaworuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I didn't encounter any glitches/bugs so far.
So no, it's not the buggiest game ever.

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
Major Bones

Major Bones's Gamercard
It may not be "the buggiest" but it certainly is one of the buggiest.
Major Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:43 AM   #4
sicsonic

I don't think the achievements are as glitched as people make it seem, i believe it's just the 2 that are based on online wins actually.

The gameplay is pretty good, the framerate consistent enough, there's no real concerns with the gameplay. The one problem I have with the game is the disconnecting of online games with a "Host has disconnected" error, when most of the times really the host is still up. If they can fix this with a patch or update, I am completely happy with this port.

The only other thing I can think of, is the win/loss system is a little glitched. When you do the lowest amount of captures (1) for CTF, if you win, it'll say you lose. I'm pretty sure it's like this with other modes too (TD,FFA- 1 kill limit,CTF/Overload- 1 capt limit). Not a big thing to me though, cause I don't want to play any games like that. They need to fix the matchmaking problem badly, I think.
sicsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
illimunythai

Send a message via MSN to illimunythai

illie GRT's Gamercard
Are you kidding? I haven't encountered a single bug. The framerate is perfect, MP is balanced, campaign is awsome. What the hell are you talking about?

".... 100% Completionist ...."
---
Guides/Roadmaps:
Fable 2 Knothole Island DLC
illimunythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #6
SpaceHulk2011

SpaceHulk2011's Gamercard
well after few hours my sound goes and makes buzzing noise thats when i know my game is about to crash and i know people who r having same problems as i am
SpaceHulk2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
Major Bones

Major Bones's Gamercard
I think the 2 guys above hulk have not played the game for an extended period of time like most of us have, and probably havent boosted the mp games like the rest of us. The Wins achievement can become bugged for people, even people who win legit, and the 500 games played one is certainly screwed beyond belief. Theres no way to tell how many games you have played, and I know people who have played upwards of 2000 games and still have yet to get the achievement. When you play multiplayer for extended periods on player match, 99% of the sound in the game cuts out and you only hear certain things, (other sounds are echoed), and the whole you lose things when you win, im thinking thats a bug as well.
Major Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #8
KILLBOT

I finished the campaign today and the only issue I've encountered is the "You Lose" announcement when you win a capture the flag game with a score limit of one.
KILLBOT is offline   Reply With Quote