PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which do you get more kills with?
Chopper Gunner 38 67.86%
AC130 18 32.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Mr Snipey

Pleese Shoot Me's Gamercard
Chopper Gunner vs AC130

Hi all,

Which gets you more kills? Going for a nuke and need advices

p.s. this is with Danger Close Pro

Mr Snipey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
DEFINITELY Chopper Gunner. I have 0 nukes, but I prefer it better because it's more simpler. There you go.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
RagingClue

MaxiSIM0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Im for the Ac-130, it is harder to shoot down and when people run inside buildings you can easily kill them with the main cannon. You often get multi kills with it, but I however have never gotten a nuke because I never have it on.

RagingClue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
LEGIJACCCC

LEGIJACCCC's Gamercard
chopper gunner for sure
LEGIJACCCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Chopper Gunner for me.

I can't use the AC130 i always team kill. (i play hardcore)
Old 12-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #6
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
depends on the map...but overall Chopper gunner...GOD forbid you get one on wasteland...instant nuke.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:00 AM   #7
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
I have gotten plenty of nukes with both, but you have to look at two things when maing the choice. The first thing is you need to see if people in the lobby are shooting down air support. If they arent then i would go with the chopper gunner. If they are I would go with the Ac 130 because you get 3 flares. The ac 130 is out for only 45 seconds so chances are the 3 stingers/javelins wont even be fired in that time period.

The second part to take into consideration is that map. Getting a nuke on skidrow is hard with an ac130. The ac 130 flies too high so its hard to shoot into windows and openings. On the other hand the chopper gunner will fly low enough to kill people in covered areas. The only two maps i would recommend an ac 130 over a chopper gunner would afghan, rust, and wasteland. However sometimes an ac130 is terrible on wasteland. Severral times i got an ac 130 on wasteland but didnt get a single kill because of the gun. The gun doesnt turn 360 degrees so if you are flying in the wrong area, you may not be able to spawn kill the enemy. Keep in mind the key to nukes is getting your chopper gunner/ac 130 and spawn trapping the enemy.

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:27 AM   #8
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I've gotten over 1000 kills with each killstreak, and I always liked the Chopper Gunner better, I always got more kills with it, and I found it easier to use, making it easier for me to get nukes.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #9
Mr Snipey

Pleese Shoot Me's Gamercard
OK, large majority for the CG, so that's what I'll pick. Thanks all for your welcome opinions

Mr Snipey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #10
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Depends on the map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #11
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Chopper Gunner. Pretty much just hold the trigger down and spray and the targets. Easy.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
ashsimms99

ashsimms99's Gamercard
Chopper Gunner Defo. You get right up close and can just hold down the trigger whereas the AC-130 is to far away in my opinion and every gun is basically a short burst.
ashsimms99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #13
JAKE NL

JAKE NL's Gamercard
Chopper Gunner definetly.
JAKE NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:13 AM   #14
flashbangandy

Twenty7red's Gamercard
Chopper gunner will always get me more kills and I prefer it however people seem insistent on shooting them down straight away. As the AC130 takes more stingers and is out for less time, people tend to leave it up there.
flashbangandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
mushblink182

Mushman182's Gamercard
I would say the Chopper is the best (as long as you dont have people shooting it down)

Ive had nukes using both, ive listed what I think is the best for each map.

Afghan - Both
Derail - AC 130
Estate - Chopper (Make sure your team has the main house though)
Favela - Both
Highrise - Chopper Only!! the AC-130 is pretty much useless unless they spawn outside
Invasion - As long as your team are holding the back house by the "C" Flag, then both are pretty good
Karachi - Chopper
Quarry - AC 130
Rundown - Both do extreme damage on this map
Scrapyard -as above, but I seem to do slighlty better with the Chopper
Skidrow - Chopper Only (This cans still kill people at the "B" flag)
Subbase - Both
Terminal - Both
Underpass - I prefer the AC130 here, sometimes my chopper would fly away from their spawn and just hover somewhere else so I cant get any kills
Wasteland - Both do extreme damage, the only problem is your AC-130 might spawn the wrong side of the enemy making it impossible to kill anyone for a good few seconds.
mushblink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #16
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushblink182 View Post
I would say the Chopper is the best (as long as you dont have people shooting it down)

Afghan - Both
Derail - AC 130
Favela - Both
Highrise - Chopper Only!! the AC-130 is pretty much useless unless they spawn outside
Invasion - As long as your team are holding the back house by the "C" Flag, then both are pretty good
Karachi - Chopper
Quarry - AC 130
Subbase - Both
Terminal - Both
Underpass - I prefer the AC130 here, sometimes my chopper would fly away from their spawn and just hover somewhere else so I cant get any kills
Wasteland - Both do extreme damage, the only problem is your AC-130 might spawn the wrong side of the enemy making it impossible to kill anyone for a good few seconds.
I agree with 99% of that. On estate i like the AC-130 because you can kill people in the buildings (assuming they arent in the house). You can also easily kill the people hiding under the boathouse. Again it all comes down to if the enemy is shooting down air support. If they have somebody always equipped with a stinger than the ac-130 will normally be better. If the enemy isnt shooting down air support than the chopper gunner will be better 9 out of 10 times.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #17
flashbangandy

Twenty7red's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushblink182 View Post

Afghan - Both
Derail - AC 130
Favela - Both
Karachi - Chopper
Quarry - AC 130
Subbase - Both
Terminal - Both
Got 3 or 4 multi-kills in a row with the AC-130 on this map a few days back, Groundwar TDM, they just kept spawning outside by the elevator things.
flashbangandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #18
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
[x) Chopper Gunner, cause I'm too stupid for the infamous AC130. Can't get more than 5 hits mostly.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:37 PM   #19
Fully Avenged

fully avenged's Gamercard
Chopper Gunner ALL. THE. WAY.

Ac130 is the last Killstreak I ever unlocked for my entire 10 Prestiges. They're appauling. Know how I know this? Because I'm killed a lot more frequently by Chopper Gunners than Ac130.

Ac130s: Throw Cold Blooded on and sit in a building. Nine times out of ten you render an Ac130 useless.

Chopper Gunner: Even with Cold Blooded on, there's a chance Chopper Gunners can hit you inside buildings.

Let me give you an example. I played Ground War. 8v8. I got myself an Ac130, and landed myself 14 kills. Before I'd even got a decent amount of kills under my belt they had Cold Blooded and stingers. I couldn't place them and I was gone in seconds due to my weapons needing to reload.

I got a Chopper Gunner on Team Tactical, that's half what you get on Ground War. 4v4. I got *36* kills. I was cutting them down as soon as they were respawning and as soon as I had one locking on to me with a stinger, I'd cut him down and he was respawning again.

Also, this has nothing really to do with the topic, but when you're using your Ac130 or Chopper Gunner, make sure you hide somewhere safe and put claymores down. Whenever I get an AC/CG, I put an OMA+DC class on and throw two claymores down. The reason for this, and I don't know if you knew this, but when you kill someone with an AC or CG, if they watch the killcam, they can actually see where YOU are on the map. Many people use this to hunt you down. So make sure you're safe if you're going for a nuke.

I hope this helps, bro. Good luck with your nuke-hunting.

Fully Avenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #20
Deathly Shade

Deathly Shade's Gamercard
My friends all use Chopper Gunner, but I'm an AC130 man.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #21
thedayismine

DanTheLazy's Gamercard
Chopper gunner really, the Ac130 is harder to use ,the chopper gunner is just hold down the trigger and spray.

Last edited by thedayismine; 01-10-2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: ...
thedayismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #22
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Chopper Gunner in most cases.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:44 AM   #23
t4ct1c4lr3m1x

Send a message via AIM to t4ct1c4lr3m1x

t4ct1c4lr3m1x's Gamercard
I always use the Chopper Gunner. I can never get more than 2 kills with the AC-130.
t4ct1c4lr3m1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #24
BinaryPrinciple

Chopper gunner is faster to reload and more accurate, also is great for spawn places.
BinaryPrinciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #25
Wolf2505

Wolf2505's Gamercard
personally its CG every time for me, its just far easier to use
Wolf2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #26
Amazon Odie

JxPow's Gamercard
I'm an AC-130 type of guy. I am aware chopper gunner is probably better I just enjoy using the ac-130 a lot more. And its hard to not feel like a bad ass while piloting that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
What kind of internet service would someone have to make gifs like that a problem? Hand-crank operated dial-up?
Amazon Odie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #27
Spazzling

Spazzling's Gamercard
Ac-130

Defo the AC-130 for fun factors, but when going for the nuke, go with the chopper.

Rule of thumb: Chopper = open maps while AC-130 = buildings

My only ever nuke was with chopper and acr on quarry.
Spazzling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:08 AM   #28
PhilippeNaffis27

Hammerburst FTW's Gamercard
For me personally, I find the chopper gunner completely useless without danger close (especially on maps with buildings...even decently open maps like Favela)

AC-130 has three different guns to use, which allows me to redeem myself if I miss with the first gun.
PhilippeNaffis27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #29
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

I think the Chopper Gunner is better than the AC-130 for open maps like Rundown Wasteland etc. but go for the AC in closed maps like Skidrow. My personal favourite is the Chopper though. I have 23 or something nukes but don't play anymore but the best class setup would be Harrier/Chopper/Nuke or even Pave Low/Chopper/Nuke. You'd be suprised how good the Pave Low is...

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #30
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

I can't believe how many posts I am seeing saying to use the chopper on open maps and the AC on closed maps. In fact I think it is just the opposite. Use the AC on maps like wasteland because it is easier to shoot down killstreaks, however the AC-130 is protected from that with the flares. On a closed map the chopper gunner can get into some nooks and crannies to spawn kill people, while the AC-130 is often at a bad angle. Also, building can often protect the chopper gunner from getting shot down. Pre patch the chopper gunner was a beast no matter the map. Post patch, the AC-130 is the better overall choice when going for nukes.