PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Card and Board > Game Chest: Logic Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide + Road Map

Achievement Guide and Road Map for GAME CHEST: LOGIC

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
-Offline: 17/20 for 165
-Online: 3/20 for 35 (Online play required to reach Level 1, 19 & 20 on Competitve Challenge)
-Approximate amount of time to 200: 25 to 50 hours (varies due to bonus wheel results)
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 100's for each game
-Number of missable achievements: Be aware of Pop a Wheelie as doing it early will make it easier
-Glitched achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? N/A
-Does difficulty affect achievements? No

INTRODUCTION:
Welcome to my achievement guide and roadmap for achieving 200 on Game Chest: Logic. This game is only available on a Windows 7 phone. This game consists of three well known traditional games that are very easy to win at with a little practice - Sudoku, Minesweeper, and Chess. Everytime you win at a game you build points towards leveling up to be a level 20 Grand Master. You are also able to spin a wheel for bonus points after every game you win. All of the games offer a difficulty change; easy, normal and hard, and you will get more points for winning games at those higher levels. Although, I contend you can win way more games on easy in the time it takes to possibly win a game on hard.

GETTING STARTED:
The first achievement you will look to get is I Bet You Can't Do That Again, a simple mini-game played by spinning the Main Menu. Next you will definitely want to knock out Pop a Wheelie, in which you level up without spinning the Bonus Wheel after winning a game. This will also net you Here, Take This and You Go, Girl!. To get to the very first level of any game you only need a couple of wins. However, in the higher levels you will need a great number of wins. Once you have completed Pop a Wheelie you will start spinning the bonus wheel after every win. On the wheel are skulls that take away half your points from the win. Also, on the wheel is an icon of another wheel, which is what you need to land on to get One More Time, With Feeling. You will land on this icon several times over the course of playing and there are no skulls on the Super Wheel, plus every icon is worth double (up to 10x). Once you reach level one on any game go back out to the main menu and view your scrap book. In here you can view your achievements and the also your progress towards your pins. If you push on one of your pins, you will hear a sound and net the Sound Good, Man achievement. As you win games of each type you will net Chimpanzee That! and then Ding! for reaching level one matery in all games. As you progress to level 20 you will get What's Next?, Mr. Mastery McMasterson, and lastly Not Your First Rodeo.

Finally, there are some game specific achievements. I have listed those below according to the game they apply to, along with some details on each of the games. For assistance on the game specific achievements please see the achievement guide.

GAMES:
You receive pins at level 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20 for all games.
So to get all the pins you must achieve level 20 on all three games and the Competitive Challenge.

Sudoku:
Pts for Win: Easy - 70pts | Medium - ???pts | Hard - 140pts
Points to reach level 19 Master: 34070 points
Points to reach level 20 Grand Master: 39020 points
Game Specific achievements: All Zeros and Ones, Unleaded, and Wrong Number

Minesweeper:
Pts for Win: Easy - 40pts | Medium - ???pts | Hard - 400pts
Points to reach level 19 Master: 34070 points
Points to reach level 20 Grand Master: 39020 points
Game Specific achievements: Not Like This, Safety Last, and Things Just Got Real

Chess:
Pts for Win: Easy - 70pts | Medium - 200pts | Hard - 800pts
Points to reach level 19 Master: 27160 points
Points to reach level 20 Grand Master: 30720 points
Game Specific achievements: Castling, P4wn'd!!11, and Pawn Promotion

Competitive Mastery:
Pts for Win: 60pts
Points to reach level 19 Master: 3040 points
Points to reach level 20 Grand Master: 3300 points
Game Specific achievements: None, but you need to reach level 20 and get all pins for all game

CONCLUSION:
I hope this helped you on your way to 200.

Last edited by big red marino; 12-29-2010 at 12:30 AM.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
big red marino

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
All Zeroes and Ones 10

Won a game in 4 minutes or less in Sudoku.

There is a timer in the top right hand corner that records how long you spend completing a puzzle. Playing on easy will be the best approach. If you are having trouble with this, then use this Link to assist you in solving a puzzle. The timer can run while you enter in the numbers and you will easily beat the time of 4 minutes, even on Hard.

Castling 10

Performed a castling move in Chess.

The Castling move involves your King and either one of your Rooks (Castle pieces) It is the only move in chess that involves moving two pieces. Castling consists of moving the king two squares towards a Rook, then moving the Rook onto the square over which the king crossed. Castling can only be done if the King has never moved, the Rook involved has never moved, and the squares between the King and the Rook involved are not occupied. Your King cannot be in check, and the move cannot allow your King to move into check. Follow this LINK for a fast Castle move solution.

Chimpanzee That! 10

Won a game in each of the three games.

See "Not Your First Rodeo"

Ding! 5

Reached level 1 in all Masteries.

Here, Take This 5

Played one round in any game on any difficulty to completion.

This achievement is granted for winning at one game of your choice. The easiest way to complete this is to play Soduko on Easy and use this Link to solve the puzzle for you.

I Bet You Can't Do That Again 15

Spun the chest shelves and landed unaided on the same shelf three times in a row.

This is a kind of mini-game at the main menu. The menu scrolls by touch like a slot machine. You must land on the same menu three times by just spinning it. Like the BONUS wheel that is in this game you will develop a finesse with your touch to ensure it lands on the proper menu three times. Achievement unlocked.

Mr. Mastery McMasterson 10

Reached level 19 in all the Masteries.

Not Like This 10

Blew up in your first two moves, twice in a row, in Minesweeper.

Start a game of Minesweeper on easy. Your first touch should almost assuredly land on no bombs. However, your next move will almost always let you know where a bomb is by revealing squares with a 1 on it. Touch where the bomb should be instead of putting a flag there. Do this twice in a row. Achievement unlocked.

Not Your First Rodeo 20

Completed all the sets of pins.

To reach level 20 you must win 100's of each of the three main games. You must also reach level 20 on the Competitive Challenge as well, in which you play chess against an online opponent. The Competitive Challenge fortunately does not require you to play 100's of games. Spinning the bonus wheel after each win is absolutely necessary. Follwing are some additional tips for completing these games faster:

Minesweeper: There are no tips to solving this game easily. With a little practice you can win a game on easy in under 30 seconds.

Chess: Follow my LINK for a 22 move checkmate on Easy. Once memorized it will take under a 1min30sec to win a game.

Sudoku: Play your games on HARD for maximum points and use this LINK to solve your puzzles. Takes about 02:30mins to 3:30mins to win a game.

Competitive Challenge: Use this LINK for the achievement trading thread. You can also boost this game yourself by signing into xbox.com with a dummy silver or gold account. Then from the Main Menu on your phone - select CHESS - INVITE A FRIEND and enter the e-mail address for that dummy account and hit INVITE. Once it says invitation sent. Your dummy account on your computer ACCEPTS this game by going to their requests page. The icon to go to your requests page looks like a quote bubble with a controller in it and is right next to your messages or envelope icon. Your dummy account can resign the game on their second move. You then spin the bonus wheel after you win.

Bonus Wheel: When I land on a skull and sometimes even x2 depending on what game I just won at - like Minesweeper on hard. I can go back to the HOME page of my HTC HD7. I can then start the game back up again which allows me to spin again. This has been confirmed on multiple phone types. Please let me know if your phone does not allow this and I will post it here.

Last edited by big red marino; 08-11-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
big red marino

One More Time, With Feeling 5

Landed on the Super Spin at the Bonus Wheel.

There is one icon of a bonus wheel on the bonus wheel. Landing on this will allow you to spin the bonus wheel again with no skulls. Additionally, all spaces are worth 2x their value, up to 10x. This will happen more than once over the course of your play and you may even develop a touch for it to happen several times in a row.

P4wn'd!!11 20

Captured a queen with a pawn in Chess.

One of your Pawns must capture the opponents Queen. A Pawn can only take a opponents piece by moving diagonally one space. If you are having trouble with this you can follow my guide on this LINK

Pawn Promotion 10

Promoted a pawn to a queen in Chess.

To promote a Pawn in Chess you must move your piece across the entire board. Once you arrive at this position you are asked what piece you want to trade your pawn in for. Select the Queen to unlock this achievement. If you are having trouble with this you can follow my guide on this LINK

Pop a Wheelie 10

Went up a level in any Mastery without ever taking a spin at the wheel.

You cannot spin the bonus wheel after you win and you must complete an entire level. It is best to do this early as you only need a couple of games to reach level 1 with out spinning the wheel. See "Not My First Rodeo" and try my strategy for beating Soduko on Hard as this should jump you up to level 1.

Safety Last 5

Won without ever placing a flag on a tile in Minesweeper.

Best to do this on Easy. Once you learn the game you be able to win at Minesweeper on easy with no effort. Do not place a flag through your entire game and once you win the achievement will unlock. Make sure that you do not hit the grid when the arrow on the right of the screen is on the flag - it should remain on the shovel icon. If you are having trouble with this then you may have to map it out on grid paper.

Sounds Good, Man 5

Played your first sound.

To play a sound form the MAIN MENU select your SCRAPBOOK - then choose PINS. Go to the game that you haved recieved pins on and push the pin to play a sound. Achievement unlocked.

Things Just Got Real 5

Uncovered a six in Minesweeper.

Definitely one of the toughest achievements of the game. The chances of uncovering a 6 in an Easy game is rare (happened to me two times in almost 1000 games). As you progress in difficulty the appearance of a 6 occurs more and more. However, playing on hard does not always mean a 6 will arrive - but it does most of the time - I have even seen a 7 once. You can either play all of your games on Easy and hope you are gifted a 6 or play on Hard, which can be very hard as there are 79 bombs on a grid of 400 (1 bomb for every 5 pieces), where Easy there are 10 bombs on a grid of 81 (one bomb for evey 8 pieces). Finally, you can always start a game on Hard and then choose tiles in hopes of uncovering a 6...Good luck!

Unleaded 5

Never used the pencil and won in Sudoku.

With the pencil selected you can leave notes on the blank spaces to assist you in Soduko. With the use of the Soduko solver (see "Not Your First Rodeo") you can easily do this. Make sure you do not touch an open grid with the pencil icon selected on the left. It should always remain on the pen icon.

What's Next? 20

Completed any one set of pins.

To complete a set of pins you must reach level 20 on one of the games or on the Competitive Challenge. See "Not Your First Rodeo" for getting to level 20.

Wrong Number 15

Got the wrong number 1000 times in Sudoku.

To do this easy and fast - find your solution on the Soduko Solver (See "Not My First Rodeo") and then select every other number before selecting the correct number that goes in each blank space. This will take about 3 to 4 games following this method. Roughly 5 to 10 minutes.

You Go, Girl! 5

Earned your very first pin.

To earn your first pin you must reach level 1 on one of the three games or the competitive challenge. See "Not Your First Rodeo" for assistance.

Last edited by big red marino; 01-08-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
big red marino

MY PERSONAL STATS:

SODUKO:
Total Games Played: 163
Total Win: 150
Total Losses 13
Current Winning Streak: 1
Best Winning Streak: 46
Worst Losing Streak: 1
Hints Used: 1
Squares Cleared: 73
Numbers Penciled: 27
Numbers inked: 10,672
Fastest Win Time: 02:11
Total Game Time: 19:36:11
Average Game Time: 07:12

150 wins at an average of 03:00 per game comes to 7hrs30mins which would be about the fastest time you could get to level 20 on Soduko depending on your bonus wheel results.

MINESWEEPER:
Total Games Played: 967
Lifetime Win: 288
Total Losses 679
Current losing Streak: 2
Best Winning Streak: 6
Worst Losing Streak: 139 (trying for randon 6 on hard)
Lifetime Moves: 18,742
Flags Placed: 5,863
Flags Removed: 308
Mines Defused: 2,949
Mines Detonated: 21,845
Fastest Win Time: 00:12
Total Game Time: 1 DAY 21:27:54
Average Game Time: 02:49

300 wins at an average of 01:00 per game comes to 5hrs, which would be about the fastest time you could get to level 20 on Minesweeper, depending on your bonus wheel results.

CHESS:
Total Games Played: 247
Lifetime Win: 230
Lifetime Losses: 10
Current Winning Streak: 2
Best Winning Streak: 141
Worst Losing Streak: 4
Lifetime Moves: 6,048
Castle Moves: 8
En Passant Moves: 0
Pieces Captured: 2,573
Fastest Win Time: 00:38
Total Game Time: 14:19:41
Average Game Time: 03:28

225 wins at an average of 01:00 per game comes to 3hrs45mins, which would be about the fastest time you could get to level 20 on Chess, depending on your bonus wheel results.

Last edited by big red marino; 12-27-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Winning a chess game on hard gives 800 points. I used the chess computer on www.chess.com playing as black and copying the moves the ai on the phone does and do the moves the ai on chess.com does. Won after 37 turns.

For wrong number:
Fill any square with a number that is already used in that line. I had to tap the wrong number 6 minutes long until I got the achievement.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.

Last edited by VonThronstahl; 12-28-2010 at 05:57 PM.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:33 AM   #6
big red marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
Winning a chess game on hard gives 800 points. I used the chess computer on www.chess.com playing as black and copying the moves the ai on the phone does and do the moves the ai on chess.com does. Won after 37 turns.
Wondering if the AI on Hard would follow the same moves as it did for me on Easy. I am sure people would rather do 37 moves on Hard for 800 than 22 moves on easy for 70. Something to look into.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
St Jolly777

St Jolly777's Gamercard
This walkthrough guide is outstanding!! Nice work. Arguably one of the best on the entire site.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #8
montrossity

Send a message via AIM to montrossity

montrossity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great guide.

100% LEGIT. If you call bullshit, post a link to prove it.
Swim, bike, run.
montrossity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #9
eastx

Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Can someone please post the moves to win a Hard game of Chess? That's the only thing the guide really lacks.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
big red marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Can someone please post the moves to win a Hard game of Chess? That's the only thing the guide really lacks.
Sorry man. To my knowledge noone has found the necessary moves to beat chess on hard everytime. Chess.com can be used by entering in your opponents moves that are done on your phone. However, this is time consuming - you can esily rack up more than 400 points beating the computer on easy in less time.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:04 AM   #11
A 0 E monkey

A 0 E Monkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
1000 Wrong Numbers

So I was missing this achievement at the end, wanted to rap it up quickly. The guide says you need to need to do it over several problems but I can confirm you can simply keep alternating between 2 wrong numbers in 1 square for it to pop. Took no time at all to finish off

1st and only LEGIT Chinese Everyparty 1k...
Guide coming soon
1st 1250 TW Carnival Games
4th to 1K Superstar, 1st non-asian, guide HERE
1st 1k Battle Vs Chess 360

A 0 E monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #12
givemesomelager

givemesomelager's Gamercard
instead of usings 22 moves on easy just use "fools mate" advance the pawn in front of the king one space, advance the queen diagonally as far as it can go, advance the pawn one more space to be jumped and opens up the diagonal square for your bishop, move the bishop to the square where it would have been jumped by the black pawn, now move the queen all the way diagonally to capture the pawn in front of the bishop and check mate, 5 moves 16 seconds.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:41 AM   #13
big red marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemesomelager View Post
instead of usings 22 moves on easy just use "fools mate" advance the pawn in front of the king one space, advance the queen diagonally as far as it can go, advance the pawn one more space to be jumped and opens up the diagonal square for your bishop, move the bishop to the square where it would have been jumped by the black pawn, now move the queen all the way diagonally to capture the pawn in front of the bishop and check mate, 5 moves 16 seconds.
Have you tested fools mate. Because in finding these 22 moves I was unable to trick the AI into Fools Mate. Fools mate works great for the online play, but again, the AI would not fall for it.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #14
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by big red marino View Post
Have you tested fools mate. Because in finding these 22 moves I was unable to trick the AI into Fools Mate. Fools mate works great for the online play, but again, the AI would not fall for it.

Fools Mate worked 100% for me until level 10.
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #15
LatestGandai

oONBK GANDAIOo's Gamercard
Soduko

Quote:
Originally Posted by big red marino View Post
MY PERSONAL STATS:

SODUKO:

150 wins at an average of 03:00 per game comes to 7hrs30mins which would be about the fastest time you could get to level 20 on Soduko depending on your bonus wheel results.
just thought i'd mention a little trick i came accross which may helpspeed things up a little, i managed to hit level 20 in just a little over an hour. i was able to complete a hard game of soduko in (my fastest was 17 seconds)

simply load up your soduko and select to play on hard, now when the game begins, tap on an empty square and then press the hint icon in the top left of the screen, keep doing that for the remaining squares, and voila, you still get exp at the end aswell as the bonus wheel. after you've done this a few times you'll start to get faster, (if anyone manages to beat my time of 17 seconds, i wanna know with photographic evidence, lol) hope this helps you guys out a bit.

PS, dunno if it's relevant, but i was using the HTC HD7
LatestGandai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:17 AM   #16
eastx

eastx's Gamercard

The Sudoku solver link in the guide is dead.

Here's another one that works.

Also, here's a five move chess solution (Easy difficulty)!

Pawn E2 - E3
Queen D1- H5
Pawn E3 - E4
Bishop F1 - C4
Queen H5 - F7

Credit goes to DarkLordWhite for the chess solution.

Last edited by eastx; 07-09-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #17
CodSteaks

SG CodSteaks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
The Sudoku solver link in the guide is dead.

Here's another one that works.

Also, here's a five move chess solution (Easy difficulty)!

Pawn E2 - E3
Queen D1- H5
Pawn E3 - E4
Bishop F1 - C4
Queen H5 - F7

Credit goes to DarkLordWhite for the chess solution.
Those are the same moves givemesomelager posted above. bob101910 said it only worked until level 10, though. I'm not that high a level yet, so I can't quite verify right now, but I know it's been working 100% of the time for me so far.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #18
eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodSteaks View Post
Those are the same moves givemesomelager posted above. bob101910 said it only worked until level 10, though. I'm not that high a level yet, so I can't quite verify right now, but I know it's been working 100% of the time for me so far.
Naw, I used it all the way to level 20.

And yeah, same moves but much more clearly presented. ~ ~

Oh, and there's no reason to use Sudoku solvers at all. As someone posted elsewhere, you can just hit the Help button to fill in every single cell of each Sudoku puzzle on Hard.

Finally 200ed this game a few days ago. Ugh, such grinding!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #19
rich023

Ricochet Rich's Gamercard
thank you for this guide!! really helped!! thanks for taking the time to complete it
Old 01-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #20
Never Final

Never Final's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Here is a video I made of the Fool's Mate strategy (not that it needed one). Just felt like making a quick video.

Need help with an online achievement? If I got the game Ill help. Just PM me.
COMPLETED: 108 - RETAIL: 62 - ARCADE: 21 - WP7: 15 - W8: 8 - OTHER: 2
Last Completed: Fighting Vipers(XBLA)
Never Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:06 AM   #21
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodSteaks View Post
I think they updated it because it stopped working for me when I got to level 10, but then a few months later it worked fine.
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #22
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member DEG23 and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Game Chest: Logic Games Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!