PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #61
thekilleragu

Logical Parad0x's Gamercard
Nice guide, those are all pretty easy by the way.
thekilleragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #62
clovenset121

clovenset121's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide. Overall I like the achievements. The only one I can't stand is the 50 chopper kills. I've put so much time into the DLC and I still only have 2 kills for the huey.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:09 AM   #63
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekilleragu View Post
Nice guide, those are all pretty easy by the way.
Yeah I know but some people still like a guide, plus it has helped a few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clovenset121 View Post
Thanks for the guide. Overall I like the achievements. The only one I can't stand is the 50 chopper kills. I've put so much time into the DLC and I still only have 2 kills for the huey.
Yeah I think I only have 4 kills with it and their all from the passenger guns. Just use the achievement trading thread and ask for a good pilot to help you.

Check out my YouTube Channel: JuddTube
judd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #64
b0unty1234

snorlax789's Gamercard
Just to confirm, the Huey and tank kill achievements cannot be boosted in private matches, right?
b0unty1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #65
dasheq

dashftw's Gamercard
Nope, I don't think any achievements can be boosted in a private match. At least Specact/Demo Man/Et Tu brute don't work for me in private matches
dasheq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #66
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unty1234 View Post
Just to confirm, the Huey and tank kill achievements cannot be boosted in private matches, right?
No achievements will unlock in private matches. Public only.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #67
Ante 47

Ante 47's Gamercard
Nice guide! Thx
Ante 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #68
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - Scotty   5,000 Posts   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
little strategy for 'just because i can'. join a sqaud rush on operation hastings and just destroy both m-com stations. its completely dead, just finished two games as the top payer because i was the only player.

Max Clubs FAQs l Staff Clubs l Subscriber Clubs l Challenge/Franchise Clubs

NEED HELP DOING THE ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS ON TWO WORLDS II!!
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #69
KNUCKS x360a

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Smile One Thing.....

Hey dude, nice guide - I just have one issue though (it may have been pointed out already but there's too many replies to read through!)

5-20 Hours to max this game can't be right! If it takes an hour+ per weapon, with 12 weapons (sniper rifles take longer regardless of skill), then that's already 12+ hours!
That's not even considering the 100 Tank/50 Chopper kills which also take a fair amount of time, & all the other Achievements....

I'd say at least 20+ hours, & I'd consider myself 'experienced', for someone new, maybe 30+ hours. - It may be worth listing as '15-25+ hours'?

(Just my personal thought after going for the Gold Stars in the last couple days - Its taken me 10+ hours so far)

Last edited by KNUCKS x360a; 02-11-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Revision of time
KNUCKS x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:41 AM   #70
SPAZZx625

Send a message via AIM to SPAZZx625

SPAZZx625's Gamercard
Great guide!

I have one small suggestion...
Can you list the actual names of the vehicles? So instead of NVA Jeep it would be GAZ69. Could make it just a tad bit easier for people to understand.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #71
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNUCKS x360a View Post
Hey dude, nice guide - I just have one issue though (it may have been pointed out already but there's too many replies to read through!)

5-20 Hours to max this game can't be right! If it takes an hour+ per weapon, with 12 weapons (sniper rifles take longer regardless of skill), then that's already 12+ hours!
That's not even considering the 100 Tank/50 Chopper kills which also take a fair amount of time, & all the other Achievements....

I'd say at least 20+ hours, & I'd consider myself 'experienced', for someone new, maybe 30+ hours. - It may be worth listing as '15-25+ hours'?

(Just my personal thought after going for the Gold Stars in the last couple days - Its taken me 10+ hours so far)
Ok ill change it. The roadmap wasn't written by me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAZZx625 View Post
Great guide!

I have one small suggestion...
Can you list the actual names of the vehicles? So instead of NVA Jeep it would be GAZ69. Could make it just a tad bit easier for people to understand.
Ill do it when I have the time.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #72
SPAZZx625

Send a message via AIM to SPAZZx625

SPAZZx625's Gamercard
I'll do it for you in the order you list them for Doing the Rounds:

US Tank - T54 Tank
NVA Tank - M48 Tank
NVA Jeep - GAZ69
US Jeep - M151
Boat - PBR
Old 02-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #73
Young Lil Teezy

YoungFINNTeezy's Gamercard
Quick question about the weapon stars: I know on your guide it says just 3 per class (x4 classes=12 weapons). On BFBCS.com the achievement tracker says 13 weapons, is this a mistake or do you also need to get gold with the flamethrower or something? Anyone gotten this yet and can confirm?
Young Lil Teezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:24 AM   #74
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Lil Teezy View Post
Quick question about the weapon stars: I know on your guide it says just 3 per class (x4 classes=12 weapons). On BFBCS.com the achievement tracker says 13 weapons, is this a mistake or do you also need to get gold with the flamethrower or something? Anyone gotten this yet and can confirm?
As far as I know just the 12. Why not try then if it doesn't unlock use the flamethrower. If you read the description it says primary weapon classes.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:57 AM   #75
KuShNsTieN
Banned User

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
thanks for this guide just got the dlc and loving it so far..now time to get these achievements.
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #76
t3rm3y

t3rm3y's Gamercard
is "can i go home now" glitchy?

i have played many games, and i know i have one on each map at least once. but achievemetn is not unlocking, even when i win again. do u have to win as attacker and defender on each map if playing m-com station maps?
t3rm3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #77
KILLING5PR33

Send a message via AIM to KILLING5PR33

KILLING5PR33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3rm3y View Post
i have played many games, and i know i have one on each map at least once. but achievemetn is not unlocking, even when i win again. do u have to win as attacker and defender on each map if playing m-com station maps?
it has to be a round on either conquest or rush not deathmatch and squad rush dont count.

KILLING5PR33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:50 AM   #78
blackbriar83

Blackbriar83's Gamercard
For the flameflower achievement, does it have to be 20 kills in one game. Or 20 kills overall???
blackbriar83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:36 AM   #79
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbriar83 View Post
For the flameflower achievement, does it have to be 20 kills in one game. Or 20 kills overall???
Overall mate.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #80
t3rm3y

t3rm3y's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLING5PR33 View Post
it has to be a round on either conquest or rush not deathmatch and squad rush dont count.
i only play rush or conquest, i did notice the stats have been wiped on many occasions, and come back whe ni next go on, (updated wit hany kills or level progression) but dont show any kills or badges / pins whe ni look, so maybe because of this it hasnt registed the wins and i will need to do again?

good guide by the way,
i did notice with regards to the "doing the rounds" achievement - i think you only need a kill with each type of vehicle - 1 kill with either tank (not each), 1 kill with either jeep (again not each) and 1 with the boat and 1 with the chopper.
t3rm3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #81
sluggy3120

Legacy Gunner's Gamercard
Exclamation Secret

@judd90 you do know that would you kindly STFU is a secret achievement right.
sluggy3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:28 AM   #82
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

So whats that mean? I'm not going to write that in the guide...

Old 04-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #83
KnightOfTruth

Slye Knight's Gamercard
Just wanted to second the notion that I think its near IMPOSSIBLE to get all the gold stars in 5 hours, even if you're amazing.

I've played for several hours the past few days, received the gold squad in nearly every game today and several ace awards (not to mention coming in 2nd to another team member several times) and I've only finished 7 guns or so. Obviously scoring does not always equal kill counts, but still, I would say the bare MINIMUM would be ~10 hours or so for an elite player.

Also, the STFU achievement isn't just shoot ANY speaker, it has to be a speaker that is spouting Vietnamese stuff, some of the speakers are American speaking, so obviously these don't count. Just listen for the voice, shoot, and the achievement will unlock, no glitches here... (note: just re-read your first post, you DID mention this, my apologies... I'll leave this for others who might not have noticed it)

Great guide nonetheless! Thanks for laying it all out there for everyone! Now, back to for those gold stars!

Currently looking for Online Boosting help with:
Mortal Kombat vs. DC, SSFIV, BF:BC1, AC:Brotherhood
(if you see a game in my played list, I can probably still help you with it)
KnightOfTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #84
Mikazu

Mikazu360's Gamercard
I was now going to buy vietnam when it's only 600 ms points.

but my friend said that if i buy it i must have the vip access to earn the operation hastings.
is this true? because i don't have Vip access so does it mean that i don't get operation hastings?

Retail Completed:
[/U][B]Assassins Creed 2, Resident Evil 5, Dirt, Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, King Kong, The Simpsons, Lost Via Domus, NFSMW, Mass Effect 2 (13)
Mikazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:27 AM   #85
Son of Kyuss
Witness me

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazu View Post
I was now going to buy vietnam when it's only 600 ms points.

but my friend said that if i buy it i must have the vip access to earn the operation hastings.
is this true? because i don't have Vip access so does it mean that i don't get operation hastings?
Operation Hastings is apart of the Vietnam DLC and does not require you to have a VIP code. So go ahead and buy it and enjoy a fantastic DLC expansion to BC2.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #86
Mikazu

Mikazu360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
Operation Hastings is apart of the Vietnam DLC and does not require you to have a VIP code. So go ahead and buy it and enjoy a fantastic DLC expansion to BC2.
Thanks for telling me

Retail Completed:
[/U][B]Assassins Creed 2, Resident Evil 5, Dirt, Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, King Kong, The Simpsons, Lost Via Domus, NFSMW, Mass Effect 2 (13)
Mikazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #87
nanochef

Send a message via AIM to nanochef Send a message via Skype™ to nanochef

K R0B 55's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Doing the Rounds issue

I thought for a second that the Doing the rounds chievo was glitched (or the ea servers tallying my data). because after A) looking at my most recent stats (vehicle kills) i could tell which vehicle kills i needed and B) your handy dandy guide told the locations of each. and c) the following story... well i had mowed down an enemy in the gunner seat of this tank before getting the jeep kills (the three vehicle kills i needed were all in the same map).so after i got my two jeep kills NVA and US i didnt get the chievo and was like dang (suspecting the above reasons for not working). I continued to play, figuring the EA servers would catch up later and give me my chievo and while the round was ending i got the chievo after killing an enemy with the tank i had used in the begining...only this time i was driving and had used the primary cannon. maybe i had thought i was using the correct tank before? or maybe the requirements for the chievo are to get the tank kills with the primary cannon. ? anyone else notice or think this? because the guide did not mention anything special for this chievo.

thanks
nanochef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:05 AM   #88
ZacAttack159357

AtR ZacAttack's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
do the snipers in hardcore ALWAYS kill in 1 hit? if not what if i put magnum ammo? i cannot sniper for my life
and i think u should include that Operation Hastings has 2 helicopters
30000 Gamerscore: A Knife to the Heart-50G (AC: Brotherhood)

GT: AtR ZacAttack
ZacAttack159357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:38 AM   #89
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
Ahh, I've finally done Vietnam.

Most of the achievements are easy to get except Ride of The Valkyrie and Exctasy of Gold. Huey kills is hard, especially how fast it goes down but it's possible if you take the time to practise or boost. Exstacy of gold is easy for the people who are all round good with weapons but each weapon for me...

M16 - Crappy power
AK-47 - Accuracy is good in burst fire and is over-powered, just like real life,
M14 - Only a bit more powerful than the AK despite in real life the round is MUCH bigger. Iron sights are a disgrace to the weapon and the accuracy doesn't seem to great either :/

M10 - This is surprisingly good if you get used to it. The iron sights are pretty nice and under burst fire, you can literally snipe people (as long as you follow your target well.
PPSh - My favourite, fires a considerably large round (7.62x25mm), so it's not really overpowered, it's Russian, Russian weapons are the best also good accuracy but only a 25 round magazine (as opposed to 35 and 71 unlike it's real life counterpart). This is probably my favourite weapon in Vietnam.
Uzi - The iron sights aren't really that great, they seem to blind your view a fair bit but if you burst fire, it's pretty damn accurate.

M60 - Nice amount of power, pretty accuracy when under burst fire. Iron sights are very clear and easy to use.
RPK - Great iron sights and power but the biggest downfall is it's major innacuracy and recoil.
XM22 - Evil, absolutely evil, the iron sights are clear but they're so weird to use plus the gun has VERY bad accuracy and VERY low damage.

M40 - Hardcore with Magnum, 1 hit kill, you wouldn't need to care for the scopes look as long as you can see the target, it's pretty much the M95.
SVD - Ugly scope, bad damage, terrible recoil, it's just a bitch to use
M21 - My favourite sniper rifle, takes about 3 or 4 shots to kill and has a beautiful scope as well as slight peripheral vision and little recoil.

All the others are easy as long as you know what to do and have a decent tank driver or you are a decent tank driver.

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!

Last edited by TTD187; 06-11-2011 at 01:13 AM.
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #90
Cesh on HD

Cesh on hd's Gamercard
thanks for guide
Cesh on HD is offline   Reply With Quote